Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2016 4:48:12 PM EDT
I know the FBI has roadblocks set up and there was a No Fly Zone over the refuge previously.  If a private helicopter flew into the refuge to fly out the occupiers, how do you think the FBI would respond?  They wouldn't shoot it down but you can bet they would follow and track it and arrest them when it landed.  Would be interesting to see.

Maybe a snowmobile rescue during the night so they don't have to go past the roadblocks?

I don't know what the rest of the standoff holdouts are going to do, but it's very interesting to watch.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 4:59:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Considering the kind of helicopter they would be able to scrape up and comparing to what is likely in a position for a rapid response it would probably end with the escape chopper running out of gas, or landing into a situation the same or worse than they left.

Basically, an aerial OJ Simpson featuring white privileges as a plot twist.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 5:06:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I like your snowmobile idea.

My idea for a perfect crime involves a snowmobile, robbing a bank, and getting away in a snowstorm...

Nobody else use it.

The truth...

I'll bet that there are a few options available to the LE there... "If they do this, then we can do that..."

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 5:09:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Try being out there and watching it unfold. There isn't any snow so sno machines are out. FBI has the assets to track it.

When this is all over il give my opinion on what happened out there.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 5:12:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Regarding attempted helicopter rescue..........
They would just let it go as long as no gunfire originated from aircraft.
The standard SOP is that the helicopter and pilot could be hijacked.
Fed airborne units would pick up and track till landing.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 5:13:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try being out there and watching it unfold. There isn't any snow so sno machines are out. FBI has the assets to track it.

When this is all over il give my opinion on what happened out there.
View Quote

How is this going to do anything?

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 5:28:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I know the FBI has roadblocks set up and there was a No Fly Zone over the refuge previously.  If a private helicopter flew into the refuge to fly out the occupiers, how do you think the FBI would respond?  They wouldn't shoot it down but you can bet they would follow and track it and arrest them when it landed.  Would be interesting to see.

Maybe a snowmobile rescue during the night so they don't have to go past the roadblocks?

I don't know what the rest of the standoff holdouts are going to do, but it's very interesting to watch.
View Quote

Might work on the 'A-Team'. In real life it would just be followed by a law enforcement chopper and / or tracked from the ground. Granted they were ever allowed to leave the ground.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top