Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2016 9:02:47 PM EDT
So I did a safe clean out recently and ended up with all the usual stuff. . . pieces from a .22 project I never finished, a ton of knives, and a Surefire flashlight I hadn't seen or used in a long long time.

So just by the off chance it was worth anything I looked it up on Ebay and sure enough there were folks asking 200$ plus for this thing, and many "sold auctions" where it went for 150+

What am I missing here? Since when did old flashlights appreciate? The flashlight in the link below is the exact model I have.

Overpriced auction link below followed by an absolutely awful pic of my light (was just trying to prove it works back when I thought it was worth maybe 40 bucks)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Surefire-Executive-Elite-e2e-mil-spec-hard-anodized-/181907864262?hash=item2a5a8dbac6:g:5BUAAOSwI-BWJYh9

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:03:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Well shit, I've got one in mint condition that I hardly ever use...
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:05:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well shit, I've got one in mint condition that I hardly ever use...
View Quote

It's like 60 lumens so I just assumed it was antiquated tech, hence my confusion on why it appreciated
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:06:22 PM EDT
[#3]
They should bring back the C2.

I have one I dropped a 6P LED element into, and it's the ideal EDC.  Pocket clip, Rogers ring, push/click tailcap, all aluminum, anti-roll bezel, recessed glass, great beam...
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:07:26 PM EDT
[#4]
As a self admitted surefire fan boy, they have a following and collectors. I was amazed at how some of the old models still go for a pretty penny.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an E2D sitting in a drawer I don't think I've ever used (I have a G2 and a G2X that are my every day beaters), people are asking stupid money for those too apparently.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:08:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:09:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Had no idea. . . I may have to do some digging and see if I have others!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:10:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got a vintage E2D with authentic carry wear if anyone is interested!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:10:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have an E2E as well. I was thinking about putting an LED conversion on it and returning it to service.
View Quote

But if you can get 125-150 for it what's the point? May as well buy a 1000+ Lumen Fenix and keep the other 75 bucks?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:11:09 PM EDT
[#10]
That's nothing. I sold a mint 3P a few years ago for $30.

Now? $400
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:11:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I've got a vintage E2D with authentic carry wear if anyone is interested!
View Quote
Hah. I've got an E2D kicking around in my Army crap that I've carried since 2005. Didn't realize they were worth anything.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:11:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Now? $400
View Quote

Yea I don't get that
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:13:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yea I don't get that
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now? $400

Yea I don't get that

I didn't either. Who would've thought?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:13:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Shit, I've got an E2E and an original E2.  Never use either.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:14:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a executive defenderwith the serrated bezel strike head
Needs a blub or something replaced batteries and still does not work, bought it a decade ago
Got the box in safe I think, just saw the flashlight in my warehoùse on a shelf
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:15:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have a executive defenderwith the serrated bezel strike head
Needs a blub or something replaced batteries and still does not work, bought it a decade ago
Got the box in safe I think, just saw the flashlight in my warehoùse on a shelf
View Quote

I have no idea about the E2D, as it looks like they still make them (and they cost a bit more originally)

If I recall right I paid maybe 30-40 bucks for this flashlight.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:19:55 PM EDT
[#17]
According to my readings over on CPF, there is a big 'collectibles market' for 'some' SF lights...especially if they're sealed in OEM packaging, as one would figure.

SureFire threads of interest...

They've been doing software upgrades over the past 4 days, so sometimes CPF is DOA, so try again later.

Chris
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:25:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Only a dumbass would pay that much. Lights are tools
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:27:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd tend to agree but since I might have a rare collectable I am in favor of the dumbasses
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:27:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

but with everything, there are collectors. even old tools get collected
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:33:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'd tend to agree but since I might have a rare collectable I am in favor of the dumbasses
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would as well had I kept mine.  I just think it's a tad idiotic considering what that money is getting . Back in the day I remember buying an ultra stinger for work that was the brightest thing going at the time. I upgraded it a few years back with the LED head it's still substantially dimmer than the light in my jacket pocket.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:33:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was up in NYC over the summer, cruising near Times Square and hitting up the electronics shops.  One guy had a whole case of sealed SF lights at seemingly reasonable prices, but since I didn't know my models, nor how to spot the fakes, because there are fakes, I had to pass, but maybe somebody could have made a buck, right?

Why do people hate capitalism on this site, so much?

Chris
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:38:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I was up in NYC over the summer, cruising near Times Square and hitting up the electronics shops.  One guy had a whole case of sealed SF lights at seemingly reasonable prices, but since I didn't know my models, nor how to spot the fakes, because there are fakes, I had to pass, but maybe somebody could have made a buck, right?

Chris
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

It's not hating capitalism to observe some people are dumb as a hickory stump. I'll gladly sell them some seriously obsolete tech for a dumb price if they are that stupid.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:46:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Holy shit. I have one of those in the safe.
Still in the cellophane.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:57:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's not hating capitalism to observe some people are dumb as a hickory stump. I'll gladly sell them some seriously obsolete tech for a dumb price if they are that stupid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

Then you have a hard time understanding a 'collectibles market for widget X, or widget Y.'

I have nice modern flashlights and SFs don't appeal to me based on poorer performance numbers, but I can appreciate those people who collect limited runs and just rare examples.

No different than granny collecting some porcelain figurines, or people collecting old Lugers.

I have a valuable collection of HiFi vacuum tubes and in all but HiFi applications, they're actually obsolete, but nonetheless, valuable.

People pay big bucks for them and I'm all the richer!

Go figure?

Chris
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:00:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Still in the cellophane.
View Quote

guessing you could get 200 almost instantly judging by some of the "sold" auctions.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:02:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Here's one that just sold for 150.00+ today. . .  there are many others too.

Some of which are dented and scratched!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUREFIRE-Executive-Elite-E2e-w-Extra-Bulb-Head-/231833689913?hash=item35fa5d5f39:g:RmgAAOSw5dNWsPDj

glad I'm not the only one surprised haha
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:18:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUREFIRE-Executive-Elite-E2e-w-Extra-Bulb-Head-/231833689913?hash=item35fa5d5f39:g:RmgAAOSw5dNWsPDj

View Quote

Let's be fair, SFs are expensive lights to begin with, so maybe that $152+ along with that extra LED head, isn't all that much of a premium, right?

As evidenced by GD and the '50% off SF' thread around Christmas time, SF has their fanboys.

Chris
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:23:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Ha.

I have an ancient E2D

I also have an E2L woodsman. (AA model + Ultra long battery life mode.)
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:38:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

guessing you could get 200 almost instantly judging by some of the "sold" auctions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still in the cellophane.

Off to eBay in the morning
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:46:58 PM EDT
[#31]
I have a Red White and Blue Patriotic 6P.  I'm not sure if those are rare or not.  It sits in the door of my truck.  I didn't think it was worth much.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:56:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
They should bring back the C2.

I have one I dropped a 6P LED element into, and it's the ideal EDC.  Pocket clip, Rogers ring, push/click tailcap, all aluminum, anti-roll bezel, recessed glass, great beam...
View Quote

Have one on my nightstand as we speak.   Excellent light
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:25:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Let's be fair, SFs are expensive lights to begin with, so maybe that $152+ along with that extra LED head, isn't all that much of a premium, right?

As evidenced by GD and the '50% off SF' thread around Christmas time, SF has their fanboys.

Chris
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

I paid 40 bucks for mine
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:35:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Holy crap, I am using an E1E and E2E for weapon lights. That shits coming off and put up in the safe. I got some of the older Blackhawk lights I got for $15 each with pressure switch and mounts that are going to replace them.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:41:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Wish now I had an eBay sellers account with some experience. The first person to give me a C-note could have my old E2E.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:42:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Then you have a hard time understanding a 'collectibles market for widget X, or widget Y.'

I have nice modern flashlights and SFs don't appeal to me based on poorer performance numbers, but I can appreciate those people who collect limited runs and just rare examples.

No different than granny collecting some porcelain figurines, or people collecting old Lugers.

I have a valuable collection of HiFi vacuum tubes and in all but HiFi applications, they're actually obsolete, but nonetheless, valuable.

Go figure?

Chris
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

Go figure?

Chris

Well said Chris
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:42:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Wish now I had an eBay sellers account with some experience. The first person to give me a C-note could have my old E2E.
View Quote

No shit! I paid like $20 for the E1E and  around $40 for the E2E
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:51:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Damn I gave away my old e1e executive elite. Didn't know they were worth anything.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:01:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Old tech collectors abound. On the other hand EMP's will pop LED's so I keep some incans around anyhow...
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:04:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Well said Chris
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go figure?

Chris

Well said Chris

I'm not trying to be a hardass here, but man...you should see what people pay for Pez dispensers, lol.

People collect all sorts of shit and who's to say what's valuable to me , isn't valuable to you, right?

The fact of the matter is is that SF lights are highly collectible to those collectors wanting to buy rare and short run lights.

If you're fortunate to have them, like the guy I was replying to and you don't want them, put them up on Ebay, or CPF and reap the whirlwind for profit.

It's the American way.

I was only commenting on his use of 'dumbasses,' is all.  I probably spend $3-$5k on my vacuum tube collection and it's probably tripled in the 15 years that I've held onto them.

Chris
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:55:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'm not trying to be a hardass here, but man...you should see what people pay for Pez dispensers, lol.

People collect all sorts of shit and who's to say what's valuable to me , isn't valuable to you, right?

The fact of the matter is is that SF lights are highly collectible to those collectors wanting to buy rare and short run lights.

If you're fortunate to have them, like the guy I was replying to and you don't want them, put them up on Ebay, or CPF and reap the whirlwind for profit.

It's the American way.

I was only commenting on his use of 'dumbasses,' is all.  I probably spend $3-$5k on my vacuum tube collection and it's probably tripled in the 15 years that I've held onto them.

Chris
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go figure?

Chris

Well said Chris

It's the American way.

Chris

Oh I am totally with you. I collect a few things in a very small niche market so when people see the high prices we pay for items that were free or cheap when initially made they laugh.

People collect anything and everything.

It just made me think that he doesn't collect anything.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:11:54 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

As a self admitted surefire fan boy, they have a following and collectors. I was amazed at how some of the old models still go for a pretty penny.
View Quote
Yes, some of the older Surefires are worth good money to the collectors. The silver Executives, E1 and E2, the ones with the 'tear drop' heads are especially sought after.

I still have a few Surefires, but I've sold most of them off. I kept a C-2, though.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:27:53 AM EDT
[#43]
I'll give ya $6 for it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:35:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Kinda makes me wanna keep mine. I mean, it's a great little light, just needs a bulb upgrade.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:41:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Kinda makes me wanna keep mine. I mean, it's a great little light, just needs a bulb upgrade.
View Quote

Mine are great lights, I am not going to get rid of them. I am damn sure going to treat them better than being a weapon light and stop beating them up. I gave away one of my older E1D's a few years back because a buddy needed a flashlight. I wish I had kept it and gave him the 6P instead. I had no attachment to the E1D other than $40 I kept the 6P because it has sentimental value. It was my carry light in Afghanistan, never left my side, and never failed me.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:02:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
On the other hand EMP's will pop LED's so I keep some incans around anyhow...
View Quote

did you get that from a add?
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:32:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still in the cellophane.

Update: my NIB E2E sold for $152.50.

I re-upped your membership. You're good until Jan 2018 now

Thanks for this thread
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#48]
I brought my e2d (whatever the acronym is) home from off the work shelf since I saw this thread.
Replaced batteries and doesn't work so must need a bulb - they are nice little gadgets
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:19:59 PM EDT
[#49]
I've got an old Laser Products 6R and 7Z. Wonder what those are worth now?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top