Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/9/2016 12:27:09 PM EDT
These drunk teacher threads started me thinking.
6th grade math teacher  was always loaded.  Booze in his coffee mug on his desk.
High school shop teacher after lunch most days.
A couple of women teachers in high school only had classes before lunch after lunch the wine kicked in.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:30:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm curious how you determined your 6th grade teacher had "booze in his coffee mug on his desk."
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:30:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Yes, the Drivers ED Teacher.

Hid his bottles in the outside locked bathroom.

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:32:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Found out years later one of my Jr. High teachers was a sneaky drunk.

Great guy though.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I remember being in grade school and a few of us opened a teachers desk to get our shit back that was taken away, and seeing a bottle . HS principal was said to hit the bottle also, I can see why
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:36:44 PM EDT
[#5]
My English teacher rode his bike to school. Not by choice. Multiple duii and permanent red face.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:39:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Never had any concrete evidence but my German teacher junior and senior year would often come in looking like hell. He would then give us some basic time wasting assignment to eat away 50 minutes. Not sure he was ever loaded in class but we were probably sure Mr. H partied hard.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:43:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm curious how you determined your 6th grade teacher had "booze in his coffee mug on his desk."
View Quote

Don't ask questions to answers you don't want to know.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:44:11 PM EDT
[#8]
11th grade English teacher kept a cup of "coffee" on her desk every day.

You could smell the bourbon at 20 paces.

She went out for a procedure and we got a smoking hot substitute for the rest of the year.

I did not hit it.

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:45:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Mr. Christopherson.  He was "high functioning".  He was a good teacher, but you could definitely smell the booze on him.  My sister graduated a few years after me, and she said she actually saw a bottle in his desk drawer.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:46:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't care if he didn't blow his math teacher, I just want to hear him deny it!
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:46:41 PM EDT
[#11]

8th grade math teacher...1968...we would be doing home work in class, he'd go into the hallway and smoke.

When he was half way through the smoke the flask would come out...

For his birthday that year we bought him a carton of Camel non filters....he really appreciated that...
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:46:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I don't care if he didn't blow his math teacher, I just want to hear him deny it!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#13]
My 8th grade Social Studies teacher was an old lush.  She kept a bottle of vodka in her desk.

My choir director from grades 7-9 was also a lush.  She would show up at 7:10 AM in her old Cadillac already hammered.

I enjoy drinking in what I regard as moderation, and feel sorry for people who have no control over it or MUST have it at all times.

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#14]
High school history teacher would smell like weed sometimes.Had that class right after lunch
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:50:46 PM EDT
[#15]
5th grade teacher was known to be drunk on the job. We found her bottle of vodka in her desk.

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:51:01 PM EDT
[#16]
7th grade, 1st period teacher (County History teacher/football coach) rolled into class hung over.  My sister worked 3rd shift at a fast food place and would see him coming through at 5am drunk as shit.  

One of only two teachers whose name I remember.  He was a good guy.  

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#17]
HS accounting teacher

His antics were something of legend over the course of about 40 years.  He was a good man.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:53:06 PM EDT
[#18]
In 11th grade I had a computer teacher that drank a lot.  You could always smell it on her.  

This was a long time ago and instead of Apple II computers, our school was cheap and had Franklin computers (Apple knockoffs). Since computers were fairly new, the computer teacher didn't really know all that much about them, especially since it was a Pascal programming class so she wasn't familiar with Apple DOS.

Anyway, one day we changed the boot software to scroll on the screen statements about the teacher being a lush.  As it turned out, that was the same day the local news stopped by to do a story on how progressive my school was as it had computers in the class room.

I still laugh when I think about it....
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:53:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Not a drunk - a stoner.

College physics professor.  Young guy, very smart.  Long hair, played a Hammond organ, drove a VW van.

He drove four of us on a skiing trip once, and we all thought we were going to die.  He didn't smoke in the van, but there was this thick cloud of incense when we boarded the crazy train, so we knew he'd toked up before the trip.  Highway driving was OK, but he got on the mountain, and drove the curves WAY faster than I thought was possible.

We were actually drifting around some of the curves, with hundred-foot drops and no guardrail per se.  He wouldn't slow down.  Kept saying, "No problem, dudes, I got this!"

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:54:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Had two.
Lady came to work a few times ripped and slept at her desk and the teachers aid ran the class. She had Vodka in her thermos. Hell everybody knew even the parents.

In high school I had a science teacher that drank. He came to school with the shakes and would hang out in his office connected to the classroom.  He would come out of there with no shakes.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:56:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:56:18 PM EDT
[#22]
My kindigarden teacher always had a coffee thermos with her. I've always assumed it was booze even back then. She reminded me of Hilary Clinton.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:58:34 PM EDT
[#23]
was on a veterans sailing trip and the instructor was drinking. even after giving us all a holier than thou speech before hand about leaving the booze and tobacco on shore. we mutinied her ass and got a new instructor.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:58:43 PM EDT
[#24]
HS chemistry teacher. Jäger in his coffee mug during class. Jäger straight from the bottle on our way to lax games. He was the coach
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 1:05:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I had a teacher that smoked weed.

Had his class right after lunch, You could smell the skunk.  The only class I got a A+ in.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 1:08:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Had one at our High School
I did have a class with her
She was older. One day after lunch, her Esophageal Varices turned loose, and she puked out her blood volume in class.
DRT
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 1:10:23 PM EDT
[#27]
College professor wreaked of booze.  He was a microeconomics professor (he was a graduate of the London School of Economics) and used the alcohol industry for all his examples.  He also invited us who were over 21 to meet him down the road for beer study.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 1:11:23 PM EDT
[#28]
I had a buddy in grad school who had early Friday morning sections and would often still be drunk from the night before.  He is now a tenured professor.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 1:17:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

When we were doing math he would pull a bottle out of his desk to add booze to his cup. I think it was wild turkey.   He thought nobody saw him.  
If you got him really mad he would start yelling and end up spitting his dentures out of his mouth.   He was really good at catching them in the air.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 1:20:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Have any of you spent time around kids?  How could a teacher NOT drink?  
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 1:21:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Metals shop teacher, Korean war vet. ALWAYS had a white foam cup of coffee kept at sternum level. Coffee would go from black in the morning to clear tan in the afternoon.

He was a cool dude if you were cool. He was 6 months from retirement when I had him.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 1:22:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Have any of you spent time around kids?  How could a teacher NOT drink?  
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 1:24:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Never had one K-12.

Had a college stat professor that I don't think I ever saw sober.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 1:25:40 PM EDT
[#34]
7th grade English.  Mrs. Lucyzinski (sp).  Wasted every single day.  Kept a bottle of booze in her boot, in the closet in the back of the class.  This was well known.  She drank out of a plastic cup that she'd mix soda with.  

Finally got fired when she got pissed that one of the class periods did so poor on a test, that she put them in the garbage can and lit them, so she could put ashes on everyone's head for Ash Wednesday.

True story.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Never had one K-12.

Had a college stat professor that I don't think I ever saw sober.
View Quote

I dated a girl for a good while and after we broke up she once said to me:
"I never knew you drank until I saw you sober."
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 1:28:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Math teacher in 11th grade.  After lunch he would bust out the banjo.  Seriously.  Was a hoot.

This was...what...1984?
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#37]
I remember a few during high school.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 1:29:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 1:30:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Never did.........but most people didn't drink during Prohibition.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 1:33:53 PM EDT
[#40]
When someone starts a thread like this suddenly everyone also has a similar story.
It doesn't matter what the topic is....
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 1:35:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Last year of high school, a bunch of kids would go to a local bar and 'drink lunch'.

One day several of our teachers were on the other side of the bar.

Eye contact was seriously avoided by all, and not a work was said. DADT.

The teachers changed to a different bar after that, or so the gossip went.

This was in a different country, in a previous century, and a previous lifetime.

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 1:37:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Mrs. Baker for junior English lit in high school.

She tried to cover it up with Listerine, but she smelled like bourbon, especially after lunch.  Occasionally she would imbibe a bit too much and her eyes would get bloodshot and her speech would start to slur.

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#43]
I had one that had all the classic signs and symptoms of a career alcoholic.  He got a DUI halfway through sophomore year and lost his license for a while.  It was kinda weird riding your bike to school with one of your teachers.  Sometimes he would walk but always had a sippy cup with him.  He eventually got his license back but retired my junior year.  Cool guy, great teacher just as long as he had some alcohol on board.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 1:46:41 PM EDT
[#44]
no drunks but,  high school metal shop teacher was a pot head.
you would come in to class and he had a couple of girls on his lap and a joint in his mouth
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 1:48:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Had a drunk drafting teacher in high school. Older guy, kept a cooler in his office. Never seemed to be incapacitated or out of control but he did flip out one day at one of the students for talking or something, called him a "redneck retard". It was hilarious.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 1:48:36 PM EDT
[#46]
I wasn't in band, but the HS band teacher was an alcoholic for years. Everyone, including staff and parents, knew it.
When he cleaned up his act, did the AA thing and stuck with it, he was lauded for it publicly.

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 1:50:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Freshmen HS gym teacher.
Drunk by lunch every day.

Staggered on the stairs.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 1:56:51 PM EDT
[#48]
College biology teacher.  Always like his "pepsi" (and he would always add the air quotation marks) before class
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 2:06:26 PM EDT
[#49]
78-79, Mr.X, Chem teacher. Always had a mug with "coke" in it. Kept the rum in a locked chemicals cabinet behind his desk

Guy was one of the best instructors I had, good teacher. Drunk, but a good teacher. That was the real "Ridgemont High" AKA Clairemont HS, class of '80.....

Holy crap where has the time gone?
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 2:07:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Another high school gym teacher here in the late 80s.

We used to call him Mr. M******* and his Magic Cup because he always carried around a plain white styrofoam cup filled with coffee that was so Irish it had red hair and freckles.

The later in the day you had him, the more in the bag he generally was. Junior year we had him for 6th period gym (last class of the day) and about all he could do was take roll call, throw us a kick ball and go sit in the corner.

One time, I forget what we actually did, but he got pissed at us and he spent the entire gym class lambasting us in this rambling, incoherent diatribe that only a man looking out of a bottle at the world could generate. To this day I remember he started in about us not listening to him and by the time he finished he was bitching about something to do with his car and a mechanic and something about twenty dollars.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top