Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2016 7:14:49 PM EDT
Both my dogs have multiple bites on them like this. I cant find any ticks or fleas on them. Google images says its a tick bite, flea bite and horse fly bite. So now im confused.  

Link Posted: 5/8/2016 7:19:58 PM EDT
[#1]
That "Target" look screams Deer Tick to me...get him to the Vet for Bloodwork, and Antibiotics
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 7:20:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there a small chunk of skin missing? I would guess horsefly or a chupacabra.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 7:20:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That "Target" look screams Deer Tick to me...get him to the Vet for Bloodwork, and Antibiotics
View Quote

I think its just blood, and not the typical lyme disease indicator.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Target" does not mean deer tick. "Target" means lymes disease.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 7:27:40 PM EDT
[#5]
my little dog gets those when running out on our property because he is low to the ground, but my lab wont. they go away in a day or two, i've never had them checked out
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 7:34:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
my little dog gets those when running out on our property because he is low to the ground, but my lab wont. they go away in a day or two, i've never had them checked out
View Quote

those happened in the time I was out looking for morels. I know fleas and ticks are going to be bad this year. Just hope it isnt something serious.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 7:40:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is there a small chunk of skin missing? I would guess horsefly or a chupacabra.
View Quote

no skin missing.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 8:38:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Ringworm?
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 8:44:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Black flies were out here recently, they are going to be bad this spring.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top