Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2016 12:54:12 PM EDT
Ok, read the WHOLE thing first.

I've given it some thought.  After careful consideration and looking at the numbers I do realize there are some that are far more dangerous than others.  There has to be some "common sense" control.  How many of certain types have been linked to murders? Linked to horrible acts of destruction?

I've also realized the moniker "assault" is, looking at recent events, an apt description.  They are not, after all, used for peaceful purposes.  In fact, recent history has shown the exact opposite.  One can google and easily cite hundreds of incidents of carnage and "assault"

If not an outright ban than they must be highly controlled and regulated.  Apply for "permission" and can only be applied in the home.  Definitely some that should be kept from anyone under 18 because of the potential for horrible things to happen. Also, if a State or local municipality deems them unacceptable than an outright ban and confiscation of all material related should be allowed.

Thoughts?

Oh, wait.....did you think I was talking about Firearms?......and the 2nd Amendment?

Oh, no no no no no.............

I'm talking about the 1st Amendment....and religions.  

Yeah, see....after looking at the Middle East, and seeing the number of people with their heads cut off.....after looking at Boston and seeing the number of people blown to bits....after looking at many incidents here and all around the world.....clearly some religions are "assault religions" and should be banned.

Ok, liberals.........apply that logic..........

Make sense?  Get your feels in a bunch?

Lay off my guns then.

EDIT: for those that couldn't figure it out.....I'm not in support of a ban on religion.....even the ones I find no redeeming value in. Because it's a protected right....like my firearms. All of them.....even the ones you find "icky".

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 1:02:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Agreed.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 1:05:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm going to use that, if OP doesn't mind.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 1:07:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 1:07:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Go right ahead
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 1:09:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Common sense mouth control???
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 1:11:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Go right ahead
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go right ahead
Going to spring it on the 2 superlibs where I work.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 1:14:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I went to Catholic school for 8 years. I know what "assault" can be.  The nuns physically assault us as a form of discipline.  Then our parents would do the same based on the nun's report - no questions asked either.  And.....guess what?  I turned out okay!  No criminal record, no DUI or any other trouble with the law.

But, as the OP pointed out - "assault religion" is a real thing.   Ban them all!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 1:17:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I've given it some thought.  After careful consideration and looking at the numbers I do realize there are some that are far more dangerous than others.  There has to be some "common sense" control.  How many of certain types have been linked to murders? Linked to horrible acts of destruction?

I've also realized the moniker "assault" is, looking at recent events, an apt description.  They are not, after all, used for peaceful purposes.  In fact, recent history has shown the exact opposite.  One can google and easily cite hundreds of incidents of carnage and "assault"

If not an outright ban than they must be highly controlled and regulated.  Apply for "permission" and can only be applied in the home.  Definitely some that should be kept from anyone under 18 because of the potential for horrible things to happen. Also, if a State or local municipality deems them unacceptable than an outright ban and confiscation of all material related should be allowed.

Thoughts?

Oh, wait.....did you think I was talking about Firearms?......and the 2nd Amendment?

Yeah, see....after looking at the Middle East, and seeing the number of people with their heads cut off.....after looking at Boston and seeing the number of people blown to bits....after looking at many incidents here and all around the world.....clearly some religions are "assault religions" and should be banned.

Lay off my guns then.

View Quote

"Ok, liberals.........apply that logic.........." There is your problem, Using liberal and logic in the same sentence.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 1:26:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

"Ok, liberals.........apply that logic.........." There is your problem, Using liberal and logic in the same sentence.
View Quote

Correct, they are the kings of Cognitive Dissonance
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 1:28:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I think modern liberalism would love a ban on religion.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 1:33:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ironically, they would ban ALL the ones except the most violent.

Crazy
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 1:38:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol no this is GD

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 1:43:30 PM EDT
[#13]
LoL

Liberals want to ban religion and "hate speech" as well as guns. Your argument was well written but you fail because you do not understand your enemy.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 1:47:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Just call them mealy mouthed wimps and be done with them.  Look at what some of those hippies look like.  You can tell you would never want to be around them for whatever reason besides they creep you out.  Screw them.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 1:56:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I also went to Catholic schools, my brother and sister didn't.  I was given the Carmelite Belt of Good Behavior when it was needed.  My brother and sister went to a public school and ended up dropping out.
I ended up retiring from the Army, getting a BA and then an MS.  I taught in both public and Catholic schools and left public schools three times until I found one in a military community that had parents who demanded even more discipline that the Carmelites.  My kids graduated from college after serving in the 82nd.  My brothers kids are All in prison.  
There is something to be said for direct discipline without worrying about the liberal  Core bullshit.  Core, classes at the minimum level of knowledge.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Crazy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crazy

They only suck ROP dick to destabilize the U.S. Once destabilization occurs, the left will treat ROP like traditional Catholicism. It will be an object of scorn and derision. The violence that occurs from members of ROP facilitates gun control arguments, detention and surveillance laws. This provides them with an opportunity to pursue their immediate policy goals while decrying rational objections as racist. But eventually they will turn on ROP:  it is in their nature.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 2:03:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Agreed.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 2:05:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

They only suck ROP dick to destabilize the U.S. Once destabilization occurs, the left will treat ROP like traditional Catholicism. It will be an object of scorn and derision. The violence that occurs from members of ROP facilitates gun control arguments, detention and surveillance laws. This provides them with an opportunity to pursue their immediate policy goals while decrying rational objections as racist. But eventually they will turn on ROP:  it is in their nature.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crazy

Yeah, here's the thing though.......

When you play with fire, and you think you are "in control" of it.....you may find that it gets so large and hot that by the time you realize you've lost control it's far too late.....and will devour everything in it's path.

They may think they are using ROPers as their pawns.....but the religion is like fire....and will consume everything in it's path.

You have some people who are willing to die for what they believe.....which is no where near as dangerous as people who WANT to die for what they believe.

There in lies the difference.......willing vs. want.

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 2:05:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Thoughts?

Lay off my guns then.

View Quote

One problem with this.

The gun banners aren't after "just assault weapons" or "just the most dangerous ones".   They are after ALL guns.    And a good number of them would be happy to ban all religion as well.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 2:13:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Sorry but banning any religion that has 1.6 billion members is never going to work.

Also yes, 1st amendment. I may not like what they are or what they stand for but I will protect their right to be dumb dangerous loonatics.

By and large our muslim population integrate well into the US and are not radicalized and living in ghettos like in europe. Banning their religion is not going

to help at all and will most likely create a lot more violence here, alienate the good ones and prevent good intel in stopping the bad ones. 2.75  million people are not going to be deported.

Freedom, you take the good with the bad.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Sorry but banning any religion that has 1.6 billion members is never going to work.

Also yes, 1st amendment. I may not like what they are or what they stand for but I will protect their right to be dumb dangerous loonatics.

By and large our muslim population integrate well into the US and are not radicalized and living in ghettos like in europe. Banning their religion is not going

to help at all and will most likely create a lot more violence here, alienate the good ones and prevent good intel in stopping the bad ones. 2.75  million people are not going to be deported.

View Quote

WHHHOOOOOOSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

right

over

your

head

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 2:16:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Opinions and beliefs deemed Unusual and dangerous have not place in society. You can trust me though, because I love Jesus and the Constitution.

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 2:19:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
When you play with fire, and you think you are "in control" of it.....you may find that it gets so large and hot that by the time you realize you've lost control it's far too late.....and will devour everything in it's path.

They may think they are using ROPers as their pawns.....but the religion is like fire....and will consume everything in it's path.

You have some people who are willing to die for what they believe.....which is no where near as dangerous as people who WANT to die for what they believe.

There in lies the difference.......willing vs. want.
View Quote

I don't disagree. Especially since the more radical and violent members of ROP seem to be the converts and second generation immigrant members of ROP. The failure of assimilation indicates the weakness in the lefts approach. Like most everything else in modern politics, I simply hope that the failures of policy occur in my time and not my child's.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 2:47:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Obama Quotes regarding Religion Control:

1. "We're a nation that believes in the Second First Amendment, and I believe in the Second First Amendment. We've got a long tradition of hunting and sportsmen and religious people who want to make sure they can protect themselves worship as they see fit. My belief is that we have to enforce the laws we've already got protecting religious freedom, while make making sure that we're keeping guns religion out of the hands of criminals dangerous people, those who are mentally ill. We've done a much better job in terms of background checks monitoring religious institutions , but we've got more to do when it comes to enforcement. But weapons religions that were designed for soldiers in conquest  and war theaters don't belong on in our streets world. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons religion ban reintroduced. But part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence. Because frankly, in my home town of Chicago (Ramdi?), there's an awful lot of violence and they're not using AK-47s Christianity. They're using cheap hand guns Islam." – Presidential debate, Oct. 16, 2012.

2.  "Citizenship means standing up for the lives that gun Islamic violence steals from us each day. I have seen the courage of parents, students, pastors, and police officers all over this country who say 'we are not afraid,' and I intend to keep trying, with or without Congress, to help stop more tragedies from visiting innocent Americans in our movie theaters New York, shopping malls the Inland Regional Center, or schools like Sandy Hook marathons like in Boston."

Wow....it really works!

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 2:52:52 PM EDT
[#25]
If you don't like controls and regulations on your second amendment why would you want control and regulation on the first amendment?
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 5:19:59 PM EDT
[#26]

A further thought on your already good point.

For the clause in "execpt for military and LE", you can ask why does LE need a rifle or pistol to patrol the neighborhoods I live in?  What than do I need to live there?

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 5:45:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Ha! I noticed a lack of any references to guns so I knew you were going somewhere else. I though maybe children. lol
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 6:41:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Clever post.

I read the first 2 sentences, and wondered why you didn't SPECIFY firearms, guns, etc.

And I agree, reluctantly.

Despite the 99.99+% of adherents being normal, peace loving people, there is only ONE religion that produces suicide bombers and other militarized 'people' who MURDER innocent people on a large scale.

Sad but true.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 6:43:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Any religion will do that to you.
I believe in myself.
I am my master.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 6:43:07 PM EDT
[#30]
You don't need a 30-nun choir.  What, are you planning to start a crusade?
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 6:45:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Any religion will do that to you.
I believe in myself.
I am my master.
View Quote

Not to derail you or this thread.. but one day, when things aren't going so good, give Jesus a try.  Trust me, you will be glad you did.  (And that is just a friendly suggestion because I care about what happens to you.)
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

So it'd be tough to ban the most popular rifle in the USA-- with many millions in private hands?

Just playing numbers.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 7:56:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Obama Quotes regarding Religion Control:

1. "We're a nation that believes in the Second First Amendment, and I believe in the Second First Amendment. We've got a long tradition of hunting and sportsmen and religious people who want to make sure they can protect themselves worship as they see fit. My belief is that we have to enforce the laws we've already got protecting religious freedom, while make making sure that we're keeping guns religion out of the hands of criminals dangerous people, those who are mentally ill. We've done a much better job in terms of background checks monitoring religious institutions , but we've got more to do when it comes to enforcement. But weapons religions that were designed for soldiers in conquest  and war theaters don't belong on in our streets world. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons religion ban reintroduced. But part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence. Because frankly, in my home town of Chicago (Ramdi?), there's an awful lot of violence and they're not using AK-47s Christianity. They're using cheap hand guns Islam." – Presidential debate, Oct. 16, 2012.

2.  "Citizenship means standing up for the lives that gun Islamic violence steals from us each day. I have seen the courage of parents, students, pastors, and police officers all over this country who say 'we are not afraid,' and I intend to keep trying, with or without Congress, to help stop more tragedies from visiting innocent Americans in our movie theaters New York, shopping malls the Inland Regional Center, or schools like Sandy Hook marathons like in Boston."

Wow....it really works!

View Quote

Yup

Instead of blaming the actor, they blame the tool.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 7:57:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If you don't like controls and regulations on your second amendment why would you want control and regulation on the first amendment?
View Quote

Went over your head didn't it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top