Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2016 8:15:02 AM EDT

T.I.’s stepdaughter Zonnique Pullins was arrested on Friday, June 17, for carrying a concealed weapon through security at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, the Atlanta Police Department confirms to Us Weekly

According to a police report obtained by Us, Pullins “attempted to go through the TSA checkpoint … while carrying a 380 Ruger semiautomatic pistol.” The 20-year-old said that she had a weapons permit, but authorities were unable to locate it. She was taken to the local precinct with the weapon, where police placed her under arrest. Pullins is facing a charge of carrying a concealed weapon in an unauthorized area.

Later, Pullins was transported to Clayton County Jail and her gun was confiscated. According to CBS 46, the hip-hop scion (her mom is Tameka “Tiny” Harris, who is married to T.I.) was charged close to 10 p.m. but wasn't released until 2:09 a.m. on Friday morning.

This is the second time this year that T.I., 35, has been associated with a gun-related incident. On May 25, a gunman opened fire inside New York City’s Irving Plaza, where the rapper was set to perform that night.

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 8:16:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Terminal Ileum is having a bad year.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 8:23:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 8:25:24 AM EDT
[#3]
"Zonnique"

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 8:26:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
T.I.’s stepdaughter Zonnique Pullins was arrested on Friday, June 17, for carrying a concealed weapon through security at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, the Atlanta Police Department confirms to Us Weekly
According to a police report obtained by Us, Pullins "attempted to go through the TSA checkpoint … while carrying a 380 Ruger semiautomatic pistol.” The 20-year-old said that she had a weapons permit, but authorities were unable to locate it. She was taken to the local precinct with the weapon, where police placed her under arrest. Pullins is facing a charge of carrying a concealed weapon in an unauthorized area.
Later, Pullins was transported to Clayton County Jail and her gun was confiscated. According to CBS 46, the hip-hop scion (her mom is Tameka "Tiny” Harris, who is married to T.I.) was charged close to 10 p.m. but wasn't released until 2:09 a.m. on Friday morning.
This is the second time this year that T.I., 35, has been associated with a gun-related incident. On May 25, a gunman opened fire inside New York City’s Irving Plaza, where the rapper was set to perform that night.
View Quote
Normally if you have a concealed carry permit, they'll check it and allow you to lock the gun in your vehicle but you still might have pay a fine imposed by TSA.....it almost happened to me.  I had to leave the line to go back and leave the gun in my car

under the new law, the Transportation Security Administration will take them to the Atlanta Police Department precinct at the airport, which "will check if the person does have the authority to carry a firearm,” said Hartsfield-Jackson general manager Miguel Southwell. "It’s almost always absent-minded passengers,” he said.

Those without carry licenses on hand still will be arrested.

Properly licensed gun owners "will be released,” Southwell said. They could still be subject to a TSA civil penalty of up to $11,000, and of course they could well miss their flight.

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 8:32:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Assuming that she is a Georgia resident, T.I. is, he is from Atlanta and still lives there, at 20 years old isn't eligible for a carry permit. My oldest son is a GA resident, and 20 years old, he is chomping at the bit to turn 21 so he can get his permit.
View Quote
Yup County probate courts issue firearms licenses to state residents 21 and older.

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 8:38:48 AM EDT
[#6]
"Absent-minded passengers" carrying guns into the secure area of an airport terminal scare the SHIT out of me.

You get busted for that, your permit should be revoked for a year, so you can think about whether you actually have enough brains in your head to carry a firearm at all.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 8:40:25 AM EDT
[#7]
who?

who cares
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 8:41:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Who and who and why should anyone give a flyin f*ck ?
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 8:48:02 AM EDT
[#9]
no ccw permits lets you carry concealed or otherwise on a plane flight
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 8:52:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Assuming that she is a Georgia resident, T.I. is, he is from Atlanta and still lives there, at 20 years old isn't eligible for a carry permit. My oldest son is a GA resident, and 20 years old, he is chomping at the bit to turn 21 so he can get his permit.
View Quote

This exactly . I am pretty sure this is a felony now
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 8:53:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
"Zonnique"

View Quote

Came to post/ask exactly that:  Zonnique, really?
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:13:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Normally if you have a concealed carry permit, they'll check it and allow you to lock the gun in your vehicle but you still might have pay a fine imposed by TSA.....it almost happened to me.  I had to leave the line to go back and leave the gun in my car  

under the new law, the Transportation Security Administration will take them to the Atlanta Police Department precinct at the airport, which "will check if the person does have the authority to carry a firearm,” said Hartsfield-Jackson general manager Miguel Southwell. "It’s almost always absent-minded passengers,” he said.

Properly licensed gun owners "will be released,” Southwell said. They could still be subject to a TSA civil penalty of up to $11,000, and of course they could well miss their flight.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to a police report obtained by Us, Pullins "attempted to go through the TSA checkpoint … while carrying a 380 Ruger semiautomatic pistol.” The 20-year-old said that she had a weapons permit, but authorities were unable to locate it. She was taken to the local precinct with the weapon, where police placed her under arrest. Pullins is facing a charge of carrying a concealed weapon in an unauthorized area.

Later, Pullins was transported to Clayton County Jail and her gun was confiscated. According to CBS 46, the hip-hop scion (her mom is Tameka "Tiny” Harris, who is married to T.I.) was charged close to 10 p.m. but wasn't released until 2:09 a.m. on Friday morning.

That changed on June 1st.

Federal authorities will begin June 1 cracking down on people who bring guns to the security checkpoint at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, even if they have a permit to carry a weapon, according to Britt Johnson, special agent in charge of the Atlanta FBI office.

Georgia law says anyone who has a firearm when they get to a federal check point at the airport will not be charged with a crime if they have a permit to carry a weapon. They will, instead, be given the option of putting the gun inside checked luggage, leaving it in a lock compartment inside their car of giving it to someone else for safe keeping.

Starting next week, however, any firearms picked up at the TSA checkpoint will be impounded and the gun owner will be charged with a misdemeanor, which could mean up a year in prison and a $100,000 fine. Local authorities will still bring a felony charge against anyone who is carrying a gun without a permit. AJC
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:18:54 AM EDT
[#13]
It is.................she will carry that one...................the 11K fine is a tad excessive

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:18:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Awesome link there.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:24:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:32:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Zonnique"

It's pronounced 'felon'.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:45:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Shall not be infringed, amiright?
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 10:10:37 AM EDT
[#18]
obvious false flag, she isn't old enough for a carry permit
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 10:16:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm going with this

Young, cute chick with money should definitely CCW, permit or not. She obviously has the balls to say "will not comply". Probably tougher than 87% of GD, too.

The mental gymnastics of this place amaze me sometimes
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 10:17:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
"Absent-minded passengers" carrying guns into the secure area of an airport terminal scare the SHIT out of me.
l.
View Quote

Is this guy serious? Can we get a sarcasm check on aisle 5?
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 10:23:41 AM EDT
[#21]
TI is a big gun guy

http://m.ajc.com/gallery/news/local/guns1016/gtCr/

Lotta Nfa stuff
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 10:27:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
who?

who cares
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 10:35:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Damn racist metal detectors
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:04:02 AM EDT
[#24]
I would still fill her up
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:11:35 AM EDT
[#25]
That is bullshit that they confiscated the gun.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:37:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Not guilty.

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:41:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed. She has the right to self defense anywhere she has the right to be as an American IMO.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:46:27 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm more impressed that TSA actually found something.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:49:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Federal authorities will begin June 1 cracking down on people who bring guns to the security checkpoint at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, even if they have a permit to carry a weapon, according to Britt Johnson, special agent in charge of the Atlanta FBI office.

Georgia law says anyone who has a firearm when they get to a federal check point at the airport will not be charged with a crime if they have a permit to carry a weapon. They will, instead, be given the option of putting the gun inside checked luggage, leaving it in a lock compartment inside their car of giving it to someone else for safe keeping.

Starting next week, however, any firearms picked up at the TSA checkpoint will be impounded and the gun owner will be charged with a misdemeanor, which could mean up a year in prison and a $100,000 fine. Local authorities will still bring a felony charge against anyone who is carrying a gun without a permit. AJC

How can that June 1st change be allowed? Gun impounded and a misdemeanor?
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:50:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You get busted for that, your permit should be revoked for a year, so you can think about whether you actually have enough brains in your head to carry a firearm at all.
View Quote

Found the TSA screener.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:52:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
"Zonnique"

View Quote

Imagine putting that shit on a CV or job application.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:54:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A memo was recently released that the Fed gov would now be handling these cases. They stated that the current GA law was insufficient and that doing this is still a federal crime. You lucked out on your trip, just be careful from now on!
Btw, GA won't issue a gwcl to a 20 year old n
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:07:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Didn't he do prison time a couple times himself on weapon charges a few years back?

Eta: Yep he's a multiple felon on drug and weapon charges. His last conviction was for buying illegal machine guns and suppressors.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Blatant racism.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 1:20:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Didn't he do prison time a couple times himself on weapon charges a few years back?

Eta: Yep he's a multiple felon on drug and weapon charges. His last conviction was for buying illegal machine guns and suppressors.
View Quote

So you think that felons that have paid there debt to society should be stripped of there 2nd amendment rights?
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 1:22:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are claiming it is in violation of Federal law.

Here is the press release my the US Attorney in Atlanta. What I find weird is the language in the memo, a CCW (GWCL in Georgia) holder that is caught with a firearm is handled by the FBI and US Attorney's Office in Atlanta. A non license holder is turned over to the more than giddy Clayton County Solicitor for prosecution.

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 2:21:15 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ItI knew it changed but could not remember the exact details, it becomes a habit to just put on my holster that I sometimes forget to take into account that I'm going to the airport
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 2:30:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I knew it changed but could not remember the exact details, it becomes a habit to just put on my holster that I sometimes forget to take into account that I'm going to the airport
View Quote

The Clayton County Solicitor has been screaming the loudest about it. My opinion (which doesn't matter) is that the Feds are overstepping a bit.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 2:43:15 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Here is the press release my the US Attorney in Atlanta. What I find weird is the language in the memo, a CCW (GWCL in Georgia) holder that is caught with a firearm is handled by the FBI and US Attorney's Office in Atlanta. A non license holder is turned over to the more than giddy Clayton County Solicitor for prosecution.

http://i.imgur.com/O6CW7AR.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The part i found stupid is that if you are not arrested you face a fine of $100 and lose your gun......but the TSA can charge with an additional $11k fine.

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

l.

I'm quite serious.

Carry all you want.  Do stupid things.  Shoot yourself in the foot.

But if you're too fucking stupid to know not to bring a gun through a TSA secure area, then you're just plain stupid - like mentally deficient stupid - and need to get your head on straight before you are permitted (word chosen quite intentionally) to carry a gun at all.

Sorry, I don't fight for the gun rights of idiot retards.

You carry on, though....

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 4:54:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The part i found stupid is that if you are not arrested you face a fine of $100 and lose your gun......but the TSA can charge with an additional $11k fine.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, it is beyond screwed up.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 4:59:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Remember he got busted in 2007 or so for having a bunch of illegal full autos and silencers? Being rich and famous lets you get off with probation and public service.

Look it up

wait..... here you go

history repeats itself_coconut don't roll far from the tree

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 5:02:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Zonnique"

How do you pronounce that?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 5:22:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Remember he got busted in 2007 or so for having a bunch of illegal full autos and silencers? Being rich and famous lets you get off with probation and public service.

Look it up

wait..... here you go

View Quote

Anybody else, would still be in prison. Didn't the judge say Ti, could do more help being outside than in prison.

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 5:27:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm going with this

Young, cute chick with money should definitely CCW, permit or not. She obviously has the balls to say "will not comply". Probably tougher than 87% of GD, too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm going with this

This.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 5:28:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Zonnique"

noun - Phell-on
synonyms: zonnique
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 5:30:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Anybody else, would still be in prison. Didn't the judge say Ti, could do more help being outside than in prison.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look it up

wait..... here you go

Can't remember. It was either the judge, prosecutor or Senator called for leniency based on that reason.

eta: It was David Nahmias

http://www.ew.com/article/2009/03/27/ti-sentenced-to
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top