Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2016 12:33:25 AM EDT
I went looking at padlocks but too many were Chinese potmetal crap.  I found these guys:
I got one in order.

Locks Since Lincoln™

http://padlocks.com/american-made-padlocks.html

*not affiliated in any way, yada yada....

Update:  I ended up getting a Wilson Bohannan R963 2" lock body with a 2" shackle for $13.44 and 2 OEM spare keys for an extra $4.24 plus shipping.  Lock is tight and springs open crisply when key is turned.  Me likey!

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:04:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice...thanks for sharing
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:08:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Wb locks are used by a lot of utilities

The brass locks with brass shackles  cut like butter and bend easy too.  Never seen the stainless steel version

The brass locks do open easy after long periods of not opening.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:36:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Bookmarked for future use, thanks OP.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:57:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I was raised in Marion, OH.  Wasn't sure there was much still coming out of there except heroin.  Good to see.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 9:10:17 AM EDT
[#5]
After the last bunch of American locks I ordered I may change to the 2 inch stainless version for my operation.

They have a lot of neat options that you can get with their locks.

thanks op
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 9:15:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was raised in Marion, OH.  Wasn't sure there was much still coming out of there except heroin.  Good to see.
View Quote

Same here. I thought once the Shovel closed down, that was it for industry in Marion. I just visited this weekend, the place is slowly turning into a shithole. The rustbelt is invading the cornfields.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:57:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Same here. I thought once the Shovel closed down, that was it for industry in Marion. I just visited this weekend, the place is slowly turning into a shithole. The rustbelt is invading the cornfields.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think Whirlpool is still in operation, so that's probably keeping the city barely hanging on.  Besides that, I know alot of residents there commute to the Honda plant.  There's a few growing small industries there but I don't think they employ alot.  Sad really.  Last time I was up that way I wanted to show my kids the old ball fields I played on at Lincoln park, that place is in bad shape
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 11:24:58 AM EDT
[#8]
WB are actually better quality than most of the Master locks you see at the store. They have tighter tolerances which makes them harder to pick, but I don't think they have any security pins. First time, took me about 20 minutes to pick it. About 2 minutes the second time. An experienced picker could probably do it in less than 30 seconds. Still good for general security because most dumbasses would just use bolt cutters on just about any padlock. That's where the heavier and shielded locks come in. These end up being more like tamper seals - keeping the good folks out of utility boxes.

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 11:48:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I think Whirlpool is still in operation, so that's probably keeping the city barely hanging on.  Besides that, I know alot of residents there commute to the Honda plant.  There's a few growing small industries there but I don't think they employ alot.  Sad really.  Last time I was up that way I wanted to show my kids the old ball fields I played on at Lincoln park, that place is in bad shape
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My recruiter had us all meet at Lincoln Park for PT. One guy got stuck with a used needle when he put his hands down for pushups. We found a couple more in the immediate area once we started looking.
We did it at Harding HS after that.

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 2:08:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
WB are actually better quality than most of the Master locks you see at the store. They have tighter tolerances which makes them harder to pick, but I don't think they have any security pins. First time, took me about 20 minutes to pick it. About 2 minutes the second time. An experienced picker could probably do it in less than 30 seconds. Still good for general security because most dumbasses would just use bolt cutters on just about any padlock. That's where the heavier and shielded locks come in. These end up being more like tamper seals - keeping the good folks out of utility boxes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

They make High Security locks too.  I don't know anything about what security pins are though.

High Security (Double Ball Locking)

These padlocks have two stainless steel balls that lock both sides of the padlock shackle, and a five-pin tumbler mechanism that allows for a wide variety of keying systems.  They are specifically designed for high security areas such as government facilities, security gates, utility substations and industries in a highly corrosive environment such as the transportation industry.  We offer over 40 models of high security padlocks, available with hardened steel, brass, stainless steel or hardened stainless steel shackles. Brass and stainless steel materials prevent rusting and extend the life of the padlock.

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 2:54:17 AM EDT
[#12]
We make Hi Points here too....
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 9:41:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 9:54:19 PM EDT
[#14]
We use these at work, damn good locks.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 12:07:14 AM EDT
[#15]
tag
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 12:13:49 AM EDT
[#16]
We use some brass body locks with Medico cores. Work great for us.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 12:34:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

They make High Security locks too.  I don't know anything about what security pins are though.

http://www.padlocks.com/images/double-ball-cutaway.png
View Quote

Security pins are tumblers with groves and notches that prevent raking and make it much more difficult to pick by hand.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 12:38:59 AM EDT
[#18]
They need a lesson in E-commerce.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 12:41:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 12:48:11 AM EDT
[#20]
They use those at work on some stuff. But for the big boy stuff it's S&G. Something like this...

Link Posted: 8/14/2016 12:59:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
They use those at work on some stuff. But for the big boy stuff it's S&G. Something like this...

http://i.imgur.com/RadCgK9.jpg
View Quote

You must work at the same place as I do.  Do they use WB's on Locos?  Had a co-worker buy a lock pick set on ebay said after an hour of youtube videos he could open a WB in 30 seconds.  I'm guessing a switch lock or an Abloy would be damn near impossible to pick.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 1:27:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

How
I used to keep a bucket of these locks that I cut off so that I could turn the water on when I was doing plumbing work. Made sure to hide any that were laying around when an inspector might be around.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 1:52:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You must work at the same place as I do.  Do they use WB's on Locos?  Had a co-worker buy a lock pick set on ebay said after an hour of youtube videos he could open a WB in 30 seconds.  I'm guessing a switch lock or an Abloy would be damn near impossible to pick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/RadCgK9.jpg

No. The locks on the locks are American I believe. At least that's what's on the key I think. I would have to double check. Tho.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 2:04:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

High Security (Double Ball Locking)

These padlocks have two stainless steel balls that lock both sides of the padlock shackle, and a five-pin tumbler mechanism that allows for a wide variety of keying systems.  They are specifically designed for high security areas such as government facilities, security gates, utility substations and industries in a highly corrosive environment such as the transportation industry.  We offer over 40 models of high security padlocks, available with hardened steel, brass, stainless steel or hardened stainless steel shackles. Brass and stainless steel materials prevent rusting and extend the life of the padlock.

Would still probably be easy to pick... The stuff in that picture only really stops shimming and by-passing.

EDIT: Those keyways look HUGE too....
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 10:20:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Not shilling, but moar info...

FIL ordered 6 of these...

Go 'murrica!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top