Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 12:25:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Utah.  95 degrees with 15% humidity today.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 12:28:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Come to Nevada.  We have dry air, lots of guns, and hookers.  The humidity level on the hookers is totally up to you.  
View Quote

The hookers will suck the life out of ya to.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 12:34:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I would say southern AZ is good to go, but I just looked up our humidity. It is currently 74%. But it is also 72 right now so it feels kind of good.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 12:35:50 AM EDT
[#4]
FL, it's what I did.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 12:36:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I would say southern AZ is good to go, but I just looked up our humidity. It is currently 74%. But it is also 72 right now so it feels kind of good.
View Quote

75 here with 17% humidity.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 12:37:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Gotta get out of this shithole state.

Where is a good place to live where I can sit outside at night without sweating and getting eaten by mosquitos?

Wife votes for Arizona, but ive never been there.

View Quote

Nv and az typically have neither. You can sit out side and not be too sweaty. You actually sweat more but it evaporates before you notice it usually.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 1:08:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Nv and az typically have neither. You can sit out side and not be too sweaty. You actually sweat more but it evaporates before you notice it usually.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where is a good place to live where I can sit outside at night without sweating and getting eaten by mosquitos?

Reno nope and anything north or east of phoenix nope nope anything southat east of tucson nope.

It's a diverse state like I said. "But it's a dry heat!" Is true for the Phoenix area. For everyone else it's degrees of not so hot or dry.

Real time it's 88 in Phoenix with high humidity. In the 60's in flagstaff and the white Mountains with high humidity and the low 70's south east of tucson with high humidity.

When winter Rolls around  Ithe will be 60s or 70's  in Phoenix' 30-60 in the southeast and Montana from the northeast to flagstaff.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 1:13:45 AM EDT
[#8]
If you will reliably vote republican please come to Oregon. Specifically congressional district 1...
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 1:16:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Idaho?

But about the sweating at night, what about an air conditioner?
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 1:19:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Arizona

Everywhere else is second best.

I love Tucson.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 1:20:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Colorado would be the tits, if you could off or drive away a million or so of our pot smoking inkie libs on your way into the state, m'kay?
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 1:20:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Nevada
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 1:24:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well, the PNW has rain, but the cooler temperatures offset the humidity. So tell me Oregon/Washington ARFcommers, is that how it works?

And if OP is interested in other options, they might do some research on TX Hill Country. The heat is there, but the higher elevation and dryer conditions make the Summers a lot more bearable.

Example

https://www.wunderground.com/us/tx/kerrville

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerrville,_Texas

View Quote

If you're judging strictly on weather, it's pretty hard to beat the PNW for comfort.

Days in the 90's are infrequent, days in the 100's are extremely rare.

Summer weather is usually in the 80's, with humidity in the 50s...not bad at all.

It's winter that gets a little rough...not because of snow, it's just gray and rainy all the time.

Snow is rare, except in the mountains, where you can find all of the stuff you could ever want.

No tornadoes, no hurricanes.

Just earthquakes and the occasional volcano, nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 1:25:49 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If you're judging strictly on weather, it's pretty hard to beat the PNW for comfort.

Summer weather is usually in the 80's, with humidity in the 50s...not bad at all.

It's winter that gets a little rough...not because of snow, it's just gray and rainy all the time.

Snow is rare, except in the mountains, where you can find all of the stuff you could ever want.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, the PNW has rain, but the cooler temperatures offset the humidity. So tell me Oregon/Washington ARFcommers, is that how it works?

And if OP is interested in other options, they might do some research on TX Hill Country. The heat is there, but the higher elevation and dryer conditions make the Summers a lot more bearable.

Example

Miserable pale bog people
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 1:25:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Come to Colorado.  The suburbs are mild.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 1:29:51 AM EDT
[#16]
I emigrated to CO over a year ago.  Am I allowed to declare that CO is full?

OP, CO is awesome, I came from Missouri, so similar climate to what you're used to.  But cost of living is stupid.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 8:57:21 AM EDT
[#17]
The south plains is humidity and mosquito free 98.7% of the time. Lubbock, Amarillo, Oklahoma panhandle, even down to Abilene all are pretty nice if you don't mind the dust and lack of trees
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 9:06:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Our humidity is pretty high right now

A Few Clouds
65°F
18°C
Humidity87%
Wind SpeedS 7 mph
Barometer30.12 in (1019.6 mb)
Dewpoint61°F (16°C)
Visibility10.00 mi
Last update4 Aug 6:53 am EDT
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 9:08:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Take up yoga and enter the state of tranquility.

Peace and blessings,
2A
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 9:11:43 AM EDT
[#20]
In Florida, we have learned that the Blood Gods must be appeased with the occasional sacrifice of a child , elderly person, or idiot, to the gators.

When we do this, the skeeters are mild, and rarely bother the locals.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 9:12:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
There is absolutely no need for mosquitoes on this planet.
View Quote

Interesting article in Nat Geo this month.   Perhaps there won't be mosquitos in the not too distant future.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 9:14:14 AM EDT
[#22]
I've heard Kauai doesn't have mosquitoes.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 9:14:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
There is absolutely no need for mosquitoes on this planet.
View Quote

Bats eat them by the ton.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 9:16:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I thought "Maybe Alaska!" then I Googled it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPZjmXdH8hg

ETA Arizona is great.

View Quote

Hell, the mosquito is the Alaskan state bird.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 9:17:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Example

Yup, very comfortable. This summer has been very mild too, seems like mostly in the 70s so far.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 9:37:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Mississippi laughs at your humidity and mosquitoes.  I've been begging the wife to move somewhere we can sit outside and grill in the afternoons after work.  Looks like the Smoky Mountains is a good choice, maybe Asheville NC.  West coast is absolutely beautiful but I don't want to become a communist.  Panhandle of Texas, some parts of Arizona, and Colorado look like possibilities too.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 10:38:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Humidity and mosquitoes in IL?

lulz
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 10:41:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Southeast Texas is real nice this time of year.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Get one of those big sweat shop fans.  Mosquitos can't fly in the wind.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 10:47:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

In Houston, we don't do Summer. Summer does us.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
when its 110 deg and 30% humidity here in Phx AZ I hate it.  Mornings are the worst because EVERYONE waters their yards between 5-7 am.  once that burns off around 10-11 am its not bad atall.
not sure how you guys who live in the south do summers.

In Houston, we don't do Summer. Summer does us.

No joke. What a nasty summer. Thank goodness for storm season there.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 10:48:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Northern CA is the same. Anywhere in the shade is pretty nice.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 10:53:50 AM EDT
[#32]
NW is ok during the summer. Just don't expect sunny days to last more then a week without rain mixing it in. Fall to spring expect rain almost everyday. Getting tired of the rain.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:01:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I thought "Maybe Alaska!" then I Googled it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPZjmXdH8hg

ETA Arizona is great.

View Quote

Thanks. I'm going to have nightmares for a week after watching that.

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:04:30 AM EDT
[#34]
California is nice, and we could use more pro-gun people.
Come here!

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:07:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Western Washington is amazing, and one of its finer qualities is the paucity of skeeters. Moved here 20 years ago from Minnescrotum.
View Quote

I have seen 2 or 3 skitos in the last 6 months, not bad.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:09:22 AM EDT
[#36]
What about the New England area?  Aren't some of those states cool with pretty low humidity?
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:09:23 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

The mosquitoes come out here at 9 PM like clockwork. I can spend all day in the woods or on the water (which has been about 99% of my time this past month) and not get bothered by a single one. (eta: as long as its before 9 PM)

However, we're full. Sorry to break the news.
View Quote

You better pray your cold winters kill off the Asian Tiger mosquitoes and they never make it up there.  Unlike the mosquitoes you are used to these guys come up during the day, you don't feel them bite, and they are aggressive.  The recent maps are showing they have almost made it to Wisconsin.

I long for the days for the old days in northern Illinois and Wisconsin when the gray mosquitoes come out at dark and you can tell when you are getting bit.  Now I go out during the day, see the black and white tiger mosquitoes, and then a few hours later find out I have a dozen bites on the back of my arm.  

Just wait until Zika spreads with it.  

Aedes albopictus, also known as Asian Tiger mosquitoes, are also capable of spreading Zika virus. Map courtesy Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2013

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:10:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Example

View Quote

Not really, you're just trading hot and sticky with cold and clammy.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:12:09 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Kentucky.    

Just messing with you.
View Quote

Kentucky has had some dry summers with low humidity.  Not this year though.  This year sucks ass.  Right now it is 11am, 86 degress but feels like 96 degrees thanks to the 70% humidity.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Alabama has plenty of humidity and skeeters.

You're welcome to come on down.
View Quote

If that doesn't work, try MS.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:14:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Example

Usually in the 80's  OK, On occasion, July 2016 in Western Washington.

" />

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:53:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Are high velocity fans and screened in areas illegal in Illinois?

This is how we survive the heat, humidity and skeeters while sitting around outside.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 12:16:27 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

California has great weather and very low humidity...
View Quote
Great weather, beautiful woman and no firearms. Hey, two out of three isn't too bad.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 12:18:20 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Minnesota.

Wait. Nvm.... I thought you said more mosquitoes and humidity, my bad.
View Quote
in Minnesota those aren't mosquitoes....they are condors

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 12:18:49 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Heat? Humidity? in Illinois?

Florida laughs at your discomfort.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 12:19:01 PM EDT
[#46]
New Mexico is nice and dry.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
New Mexico ain't too bad. The southern part of the state is drier and more deserty while the northern part is a cooler climate and has more trees. Lol
View Quote

Yep. los alamos is like carson city NV.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#48]
If it wasn't in such a shithole state, and filled with liberal scum, San Francisco is awesome climate wise....and I don't remember any skeeters....
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 12:21:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

http://i67.tinypic.com/2w5k9vo.png" />

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Example

http://i67.tinypic.com/2w5k9vo.png" />

This year has been unusually mild. Typically we go 2-3 months over the summer without a drop of rain and most days clear in the 80s or more.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 2:02:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Example

View Quote

Live in Hill Country, just outside of Kerrville.  Moved down here from Iowa last year.

Temps, on average, are a bit higher here but far less humidity.  It is in the low 90's right now, but feels like about 80 in Iowa.  Sun is much harsher, though, so you can really feel it if you spend much time directly in the sun.

Way less mosquitoes than in Iowa.  Way, way less.  Do have those damn mosquitoes that bite during the day down here though.  You don't feel the bites - just notice them later.

Winter is much better here.  We turned on the heat 1 day this last winter.  Seriously.  And it wasn't all gray and cloudy like it tends to be in Iowa.

I really like the Prescott, AZ area too.  Only visited there, though, so not sure what it is like year round.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top