Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2016 5:06:49 PM EDT
So I just was browsing Savage's website and noticed the Indian head logo is gone.  Replaced by some stylized S faggotry.  When did this happen?  Did they bow to some PC BS?

http://www.savagearms.com/
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:09:37 PM EDT
[#1]
That sucks.  Maybe they're trying for a .gov/mil contract and thought they needed to appeal to or at lease not raise any eyebrows of the SJWs in acquisition.

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:10:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Holy shit. I really liked the Savage logo (Indian chief). A friend and I were just talking about it the other day, about how Savage hadn't gone PC. Well, I guess they did now.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:11:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I recall some SJW butthurt but I hope that isn't the reason they changed it, but it probably is.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:11:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I bet it has been longer than a lot of people will think..
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:12:28 PM EDT
[#5]
It took me a second to even see the S in that fucked up logo. Bring back the Chief!
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Very recently

I bought a rifle of theirs a couple of months back and it has stickers on it using the old logo. In a store the other day I see the same rifle sporting the new logo
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:14:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a  10t last month and it has the Indian.  NOS?
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:15:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

My muzzleloader from summer 2012 still has the Indian head on the stock and shipping box.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#9]
The owners name was Savage.  I would replace with a canoe head ISIS fighter

I would love to see a photo shop of that
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:20:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My muzzleloader from summer 2012 still has the Indian head on the stock and shipping box.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want to say it was changed sometime between Nov of last year and march of this year.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:20:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Well it appears the store still sells Indian head branded stuff.  But at the bottom of their webpage there is this: https://s3.amazonaws.com/savagefiles/brand/Savage_Logo_Guidelines.pdf

Time to neckbeard savage arms Indian head logo merch?
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:22:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I want to say it was changed sometime between Nov of last year and march of this year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Appears so.  That "brand materials" link I just posted lists 11-13-15.  Looks like info for stocking dealers on how to display their merchandise.  Looks like Savage went SJW.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It took me a second to even see the S in that fucked up logo. Bring back the Chief!
View Quote

Here here!!!

Man the Twitters!!

Sign the Petitions.org for redress of grievances!!!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:37:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:40:14 PM EDT
[#15]
That looks stupid.

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:42:11 PM EDT
[#16]
My WWI French-contract Model 1910 with the Indian-head logo disapproves of this change.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:51:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That sucks.  Maybe they're trying for a .gov/mil contract and thought they needed to appeal to or at lease not raise any eyebrows of the SJWs in acquisition.  
View Quote

I really hope that the government isn't looking to Savage for a rifle contract
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:53:46 PM EDT
[#18]
IIRC some cunt in Canada bitched and moaned that it was "wassist" when she saw a selection of rifles at some store.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:55:42 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Wow they are getting loved tenderly in the comments section.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:56:48 PM EDT
[#20]
That sucks I liked the Indian head logo.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:57:08 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?  All I've heard they are great right out of the box, trigger and accuracy always heard good things about...  

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:14:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Why?  All I've heard they are great right out of the box, trigger and accuracy always heard good things about...    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah the barrels and triggers are great.  Everything else they skimp out on.  Magazines = junk, stocks = junk, I've personally seen extractors break on 2 brand new model 10 (tactical model with black choate stock from 2006 or so).

My muzzle loader is great.  Wonderful design, overbuilt.  But the fit and finish was very meh (had to clean metal shavings out of just about every screw hole to mount a scope (not just shavings like metal still attached that had to be scraped out of the threads thus messing up the bluing).  And the stock is very elcheapo.  

They are great for what they are, but they have to cut costs somewhere for the price they sell them at.  They are definitely not up to military standards.  To be fair neither are Freedom Group made Remingtons.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:50:06 PM EDT
[#23]

Nate Richard

Nate Richard If its based on political correctness, it shows they care more about their image to people that don't buy their rifle then they do for the people that do, how much money and effort is wasted on a new logo from a major corp compared to the money that could be invested in R&D. Sorry I don't buy from a company that panders to political correctness.

18 · January 13 at 9:02am

Savage Arms

Savage Arms Actually Nate, political correctness had nothing to do with it. We want to communicate that we are a modern, high-performance firearms company. After 100 years, the old look was just a little too traditional to represent our plans and aspirations moving forward.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:56:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Nate Richard

Nate Richard If its based on political correctness, it shows they care more about their image to people that don't buy their rifle then they do for the people that do, how much money and effort is wasted on a new logo from a major corp compared to the money that could be invested in R&D. Sorry I don't buy from a company that panders to political correctness.

Savage Arms

Savage Arms Actually Nate, political correctness had nothing to do with it. We want to communicate that we are a modern, high-performance firearms company. After 100 years, the old look was just a little too traditional to represent our plans and aspirations moving forward.
View Quote

I suppose it's possible that is the truth. It sounds like it's dripping in greasy marketing drool, though.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:50:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I suppose it's possible that is the truth. It sounds like it's dripping in greasy marketing drool, though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nate Richard

Savage Arms

They also responded again on the Facebook page linked above:  

Savage Arms
Ok. We can respect your opinion. We just want to be clear on the reason for the change. We're marching toward the future, not running from the past.

"Marching toward the future". "Forward" "Progressive".  They sound like a bunch of fucking liberals.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:55:08 PM EDT
[#26]
A few months ago they were closing out all of their old logo merchandise.  I bought a couple hats with the Indian head logo for like $3/piece.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:55:17 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
"Marching toward the future". "Forward" "Progressive".  They sound like a bunch of fucking liberals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nate Richard

Savage Arms

Savage Arms

Ok. We can respect your opinion. We just want to be clear on the reason for the change. We're marching toward the future, not running from the past.

Why the fuck does 'forward' mean 'change your logo'?

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:55:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Or they just want to make guns and aren't nearly as concerned about their logo as everyone else seems to be.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:56:51 PM EDT
[#29]
I'll just 3D print or laser etch the old logo into everything, just because, fuck that
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:58:32 PM EDT
[#30]
I guess I don't care.  They did it quietly on their own.  

Moving on!
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:00:40 PM EDT
[#31]
They did it about 8-9 months ago. I saw it at the NRA show and mentioned I hate the new , E looking logo
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:02:15 PM EDT
[#32]
I just bought one of their rifles last week and it still had the classic chief logo. Although the rifle was on clearance so it was probably there for awhile. That sucks. I liked the old one way better. The new logo is aesthetically unimpressive.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:02:28 PM EDT
[#33]
They had a nice sale a couple months ago selling off the merchandise with the old logo,I got a couple nice hats and shirts for something like $30.

mostly got the stuff because its not politically correct
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:33:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
A few months ago they were closing out all of their old logo merchandise.  I bought a couple hats with the Indian head logo for like $3/piece.
View Quote

The neckbearding has begun
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top