Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:14:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:21:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Work Hard
Play Hard
(Your family name) eg; Jones family
Stay Hard

That was the motto of the last platoon I was in before I ETS'd.

For the record, I think it's great that you're trying to foster a family ethos, a lot of dads seem to view their kids as just some future adults who are passing through their lives for 18 years. Hats off to you, and good luck with what you're trying to do.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:25:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Dicks out for Harambe.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:34:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Come to think of it, we have had a family motto for the past 17 years.  That motto is see what happens.  It's simple but it works.

In 1999 I was about to leave the house where my future wife was living with her roommates, and she followed me out to my truck.  We kissed for the first time, then went back in to "see what happens", which was sex three times.

So now we say it as we hit the road for a vacation with the kids or something.  It's about being open to new experiences and unseen possibilities.

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:34:53 AM EDT
[#8]
No Ragrats.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:08:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Come to think of it, we have had a family motto for the past 17 years.  That motto is see what happens.  It's simple but it works.

In 1999 I was about to leave the house where my future wife was living with her roommates, and she followed me out to my truck.  We kissed for the first time, then went back in to "see what happens", which was sex three times.

So now we say it as we hit the road for a vacation with the kids or something.  It's about being open to new experiences and unseen possibilities.    
View Quote

I hope your kids never hear the backstory of your family motto.      Kinda gross and nasty, from their perspective.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:24:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I hope your kids never hear the backstory of your family motto.      Kinda gross and nasty, from their perspective.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, they'll never know.  We tell them that they arrived on spaceships when they were babies, and they we've never had intercourse.

Our oldest asked us once why Mommy was in the hospital when we got her baby sister.  We told her that the aliens needed to examine Mommy to make sure that she was a fit mother.  We also said that the helipad at the hospital was where the spaceship landed to drop off the baby.

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:13:51 AM EDT
[#11]
" />
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Just the tip.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:36:52 AM EDT
[#13]
"Big ass titties"
- Danny McBride
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:42:13 AM EDT
[#14]
"We must cultivate our own garden" --- Voltaire
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:58:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Exactly like that. Loyalty doesn't come from a bit of Latin, and I suspect there is a lot more to being a Marine than that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hopefully this is for shits and giggles. A group of people living their lives by a short sentence seems to be very limiting.

You mean like Semper Fidelis?

Exactly like that. Loyalty doesn't come from a bit of Latin, and I suspect there is a lot more to being a Marine than that.

Saved me some typing
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:18:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Talk shit, get hit, motherfuckers.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:19:15 AM EDT
[#17]
I tell my kids "don't poop yourself."

When my son asked why I say that I replied it's because when you've pooped yourself you've lost control. You can get crazy and have fun but you need to be in control. You have to think about the consequences before carrying out the action.

That's going to great when they're headed out to prom and I get to call out "have fun, I love you. Don't poop yourself."
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:58:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

"always where under where."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
semper ubi sub ubi

"always wear underwear"

Were you expecting less than bad word puns in GD all day
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:10:38 AM EDT
[#19]
O'doyle rules!
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:30:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Quoted:
semper ubi sub ubi

"always wear underwear"
View Quote

View Quote

always under there
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:13:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My family has a coat of arms and latin motto.

It means nothing to me, other than that it was a wallhanger when I grew up.

I use catch phrases with my kids, sometimes I stop and will ask them why are we doing X?

Example happened today, regarding frugality.  My five year old was "helping" me clean a car.

We were wiping down the seats with conditioner, and I asked him, why were we doing this.

He said "Because we take care of nice things."

My obligation, as far as I am concerned, is to teach my kids

Right from wrong.
Work ethic.
Value of a dollar.

Every night, I pray with my kids before they go to bed.  No matter what is going on, our prayers are to thank God for our blessings.

Before I tuck them in, which I do every night, I ask them the same thing: Why do I love you so much?  

They always say "I don't know."  Because they want to hear me say it, I suppose.

(Answer: Because I'm your Daddy and you're my son/daughter.  And then I kiss them goodnight).

We've done this since they were able to talk.

Good for you OP.  Make your family mores relevant to you and your kids.

Call it ritual, whatever.  It's important.

View Quote

I like this post.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:17:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Oh, they'll never know.  We tell them that they arrived on spaceships when they were babies, and they we've never had intercourse.

Our oldest asked us once why Mommy was in the hospital when we got her baby sister.  We told her that the aliens needed to examine Mommy to make sure that she was a fit mother.  We also said that the helipad at the hospital was where the spaceship landed to drop off the baby.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like these posts too.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:18:44 PM EDT
[#23]
When in doubt, frag it out.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:21:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Stultus et pecuniam suam depositor mox divergunt!

or

Non comedes croceo nix!

or

Cacas in sterquilinium utile relinquere aut!
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:27:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Never let him put it in the "other" hole. You could get pregnant!
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:36:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Theres nothing that can't be solved by large amounts of cash or ammunition
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#27]
If you ain't first, you're last
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top