Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/7/2016 10:19:19 PM EDT
Looking for advice on which to get. I've owned an MP5 in the past and didn't mind it. The MPX also looks very promising. I'm not interested in a plain blow back AR 9mm after owning several.
I plan to use the gun suppressed only.
Thoughts from the masses?
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:21:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I have both a MP5A3 and MP5K-PDW clones awaiting their stamps.

So I am going to say this with as little bias as I can muster......

MP5.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:22:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

MP5.
View Quote

I owned a pre may sample (full size gun) for awhile. It was fun, but I'll go K if I get one this time.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:24:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Both.

I had an SP89 a long time ago, and sold it when the price was 3x what I bought it for.

I really liked it.

I bought an MPX last year, and I love it. I want to buy another MP5 still, but I will keep the MPX too.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:24:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey Tim, I'd probably go MP5.

I have a scorpion evo SBR and absolutely love it (I also shoot suppressed most of the time) but still want an MP5. The MPX looks tempting but the MP5 just has so many upsides.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:25:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I owned a pre may sample (full size gun) for awhile. It was fun, but I'll go K if I get one this time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MP5.

Of my two, the K is the one I am most excited for.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:32:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Both.

I had an SP89 a long time ago, and sold it when the price was 3x what I bought it for.

I really liked it.

I bought an MPX last year, and I love it. I want to buy another MP5 still, but I will keep the MPX too.
View Quote

Eh, tempting but right now I have a 9mm can I have no host for. If I got both, id have to build or buy another 9mm can...
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:39:07 PM EDT
[#7]
MP5 clone.

My Turner Fabrications and SWR Trident

Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:41:38 PM EDT
[#8]

An SBRed MPX does look pretty baller though.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:42:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Pour yourself a whiskey and come on home.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_20/458101_MP5SD.html

(Budget?)
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:46:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Scorpion, and tax stamp, and stock kit, and new can, and optic, for less than the MP5.  This is what I keep coming back to.  I really want a 9mm carbine and this one makes the most sense.  They are sick when shot suppressed too.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:47:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hey Tim, I'd probably go MP5.

I have a scorpion evo SBR and absolutely love it (I also shoot suppressed most of the time) but still want an MP5. The MPX looks tempting but the MP5 just has so many upsides.
View Quote

The EVO is blowback right?
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:47:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I love my MPX but with that said the firing pin broke in less then 600 rounds and sig tells me it's going to be several weeks before I get a replacement.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:48:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Pour yourself a whiskey and come on home.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_20/458101_MP5SD.html

(Budget?)
View Quote

$2k
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:48:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Having shot both mpx and mp5 clone supressed, the mp5 is the better choice. I had more gas blowback on the mpx through the charging handle than the mp5.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:52:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Having shot both mpx and mp5 clone supressed, the mp5 is the better choice. I had more gas blowback on the mpx through the charging handle than the mp5.
View Quote

Well fuck, that tidbit tilts the scales toward the MP5 hard.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:55:29 PM EDT
[#16]
MP5. Do it.

Link Posted: 10/7/2016 11:56:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone have a reverse stretch MP5?
My thoughts if I went MP5 was K style front end, no 3lug, full size receiver, folding stock.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:10:40 AM EDT
[#19]
zenith mp5
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:12:32 AM EDT
[#20]
MP5.

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 3:20:53 AM EDT
[#21]
What kind of lunatic would say MPX when an MP5 is on the table?

If you want it for suppressed use, get an MP5SD.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 3:34:27 AM EDT
[#22]
I voted MPX because thats what I have...

but also because I wouldn't spend MP5 clone money for a gun made in Pakistan...
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 8:47:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. If you're planning on full time suppressed, why bother with anything but the best? If you look hard enough, you might even find a MP5K-SD (or someone who can build one for you)..

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-pistols/omega-9mm-full-size-barreled-receiver-with-wide-mouth-hand-guard-detail.html?Itemid=0

You'll be responsible for purchasing a compatible can and the lower.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 8:49:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I voted MPX because thats what I have...

but also because I wouldn't spend MP5 clone money for a gun made in Pakistan...
View Quote

It's a damn good thing a site sponsor doesn't sell MULTIPLE versions that are made in the USA then.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/h-k-uzi-s-mac-10.html
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 9:00:15 AM EDT
[#25]
I voted MPX, really love mine.  I decided not to SBR this one and ordered SB's new collapsible brace .

Some of the new MP5 Clones or HK release are pretty attractive and SB is coming out with a side folder brace, if you want to keep it as a pistol.

For the MPX, the function and controls are similar to AR platform, has ambi controls. I've put a Geissele Super Dynamic 3 Gun (SD3G) trigger, changed sights, added light. The only disadvantage on the MPX is the cost of mags, but the initial cost of  MPX is about $1k less than the HK or $400 to $600 less than some of the clones, which offset the magazine costs.

Try and shoot an MPX before you decide. It's my new favorite and is sitting on my lap at the moment.

(Not my photos, they are from SB Tactical)

Vs

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 9:06:28 AM EDT
[#26]
MPX is one badass gun that has taken lessons learned from both the MP5 and AR world.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 9:07:35 AM EDT
[#27]
I want my vote back. Just watched the Omega video. Want a K now.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 9:08:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Which Video?

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Not really a fair comparison here OP.  I mean pay $1500 for the MPX or about 60% more for an MP5 clone (I've never seen one cheaper than $3500-4000),   Hell parts alone to build your own if I remember right are still more than the cost of a MPX.

For $1500 the MPX is a deal, but if you have $4000 lying around and can get a quality MP5 clone, why not?
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 9:14:04 AM EDT
[#30]
MPX, I really don't see the appeal of the MP5 over it other than nostalgia
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 9:18:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Not really a fair comparison here OP.  I mean pay $1500 for the MPX or about 60% more for an MP5 clone (I've never seen one cheaper than $3500-4000),   Hell parts alone to build your own if I remember right are still more than the cost of a MPX.

For $1500 the MPX is a deal, but if you have $4000 lying around and can get a quality MP5 clone, why not?
View Quote

Your prices are WAY off.  

Definitely under 2K, and closer to $1750 for a very good quality MP5 type gun under factory warranty.  

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 9:19:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

About $1700 gets you a Zenith MKE MP5 clone, and a great one at that.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 9:21:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Which Video?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Which Video?

Quoted:

Here
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 9:30:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

The fuck?

I linked to Atlantic Arms with multiple choices of MP5 clones under $2K right here in this thread.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:18:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:07:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The fuck?

I linked to Atlantic Arms with multiple choices of MP5 clones under $2K right here in this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fuck?

My Atlantic gun, stamp, and stock weighed in under 2k I believe
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:18:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

This. If you're planning on full time suppressed, why bother with anything but the best? If you look hard enough, you might even find a MP5K-SD (or someone who can build one for you)..

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-pistols/omega-9mm-full-size-barreled-receiver-with-wide-mouth-hand-guard-detail.html?Itemid=0

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've shot an SD plenty of times (Had a friend with a RDTS one). I think they are the ultimate in suppressed sub guns.
However, I do not want the best feature of the SD, the ability to make 115 and other supers sub sonic through the barrel porting.
I specifically want to set this up to use Hornady Critical Duty 135gr +P, and have the wife use if as a inside the house gun.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:23:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Any one else using a suppressed MPX whose shot an MP5 suppressed have the gas in the face issue the other poster mentioned?

I like the controls on the MPX mimicking the AR , but I love the styling of the MP5.
At the end of the day if the MPX is significantly gassier (is that the word, lol) then the MP5, I'll go MP5.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:24:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Both guns can be setup in my price range for sub $2k
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 3:52:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The fuck?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fuck?

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 4:05:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Under 2K is also were the Kriss Vector comes in and it's better than both (by a little over the MP5 and by a LOT over the MPX/AR9/Scorpion Evo)
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#42]
I love my Zenith Z5-RS. It's been very accurate and reliable.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 4:15:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Suppressed only?

Get an MP5 clone in the flavor of your choice and the correct locking piece.

eta:  ETS is also looking at introducing a line of domestic polymer MP5 mags... just food for thought.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_662/277250_MP5_Mags.html&page=1
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Under 2K is also were the Kriss Vector comes in and it's better than both (by a little over the MP5 and by a LOT over the MPX/AR9/Scorpion Evo)
View Quote

I was not impressed with the Kriss Vector that I shot in .45 when they first came out.

How are they in 9mm?
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 5:09:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Any one else using a suppressed MPX whose shot an MP5 suppressed have the gas in the face issue the other poster mentioned?

I like the controls on the MPX mimicking the AR , but I love the styling of the MP5.
At the end of the day if the MPX is significantly gassier (is that the word, lol) then the MP5, I'll go MP5.
View Quote

I have both an MKE MP5 SBR and an MPX.  The modularity and ease of swapping parts on the MPX is pretty great.  The only real advantage I see to the MP5 is cool factor due to movies/ nostagia.

The gas to the face issue with the MPX depends on the volume of the can in my experience.  I have tried it with two cans.  With my AAC EVO 9 CQC, which is a very small can, I get a lot of gas to the face.  With my Bowers CAC-9, which is huge, it is not a problem at all.

This is not an issue with the MP5 since it is not gas-operated, so there is that.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 5:17:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I have both an MKE MP5 SBR and an MPX.  The modularity and ease of swapping parts on the MPX is pretty great.  The only real advantage I see to the MP5 is cool factor due to movies/ nostagia.

The gas to the face issue with the MPX depends on the volume of the can in my experience.  I have tried it with two cans.  With my AAC EVO 9 CQC, which is a very small can, I get a lot of gas to the face.  With my Bowers CAC-9, which is huge, it is not a problem at all.

This is not an issue with the MP5 since it is not gas-operated, so there is that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The spare can I have is a Guardian 9 from HTA. It's similar in size to the EVO CQC.

Hum.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 5:20:01 PM EDT
[#47]
I have a MPX that I really like.

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 5:20:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The spare can I have is a Guardian 9 from HTA. It's similar in size to the EVO CQC.

Hum.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hum.

You should take a hard look at the CZ Scorpion EVO 3. It is basically a knock off of the H&K UMP.  I have one, and I may actually like it better than either the MP5 or the MPX. It is very smooth shooting, and it suppresses very well.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 5:31:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I have a MPX that I really like.

<a href="http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/spizike9/media/Mobile%20Uploads/12BFA5A5-7D05-4C29-9EC9-9AB0F293EE5F_zps0raisnst.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u369/spizike9/Mobile%20Uploads/12BFA5A5-7D05-4C29-9EC9-9AB0F293EE5F_zps0raisnst.jpg</a>
View Quote

Sharp looking gun. What barrel length and what's the OAL?
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 5:32:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You should take a hard look at the CZ Scorpion EVO 3. It is basically a knock off of the H&K UMP.  I have one, and I may actually like it better than either the MP5 or the MPX. It is very smooth shooting, and it suppresses very well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hum.

I thought the EVO was straight blowback?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top