Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2016 5:17:18 PM EDT
Thankfully, I know very little about snow, snow sports, cold weather, etc.

Can you ladies or gents from up north recommend me a legit sled? Not adult sized, this is for kid use. I know they can use a cardboard box, recycle bin, or something like that. What's the next step up? What's a tier-one sled? Do the ones with runners only work on ice?
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 5:20:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Aren't you a little big for a kid's sled?

Link Posted: 11/26/2016 5:25:20 PM EDT
[#2]
In to see what the responses are for my kids.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 5:26:49 PM EDT
[#3]
These were the go to sleds for me and my buddies growing up.  I hated the discs because you end up spinning around backwards, and you can't "surf" with the discs.

Basic sled with the ability to add a rope.  They get better with use.  Tend to slide nicer after the first couple of seasons, if they survive the first year's use.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 5:29:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Rosebud
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Whatever is at the hardware store and has some decent holes for a rope.

Other than a toboggan or old fashioned sled on steel runners, you aren't going to find a buy once cry once type of thing.

The plastic ones are usually about 10 bucks, and last a few years.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 5:54:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I appear to have expert credentials for this thread. A GT Snow Racer (or copy) is what you seek.

Link Posted: 11/26/2016 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the suggestions, please keep them coming.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top