Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2017 8:50:02 AM EDT
Oh look, rational tax and regulatory policies after years and years of bullshit clearing the way for high paying, high tech jobs manufacturing valuable exports.  The plant is expected to indirectly create 10,000 jobs on top of the 3,000 they hire, 80% of Intel's American made product is exported.

New York Times

SAN FRANCISCO — Intel, the world’s largest computer chip manufacturer, will invest $7 billion to finish a factory in Arizona, adding 3,000 jobs, the company’s chief executive said on Wednesday after meeting with President Trump at the White House.  The completion of the factory, which will complement two other Intel semiconductor plants in Chandler, Ariz., had been under consideration for several years.

Standing beside Mr. Trump in the Oval Office, Brian Krzanich, Intel’s chief executive, said the company had decided to proceed now because of “the tax and regulatory policies we see the administration pushing forward.”  Mr. Trump said: “The people of Arizona will be very happy. It’s a lot of jobs.”  

He said Intel called the White House several weeks ago to coordinate the announcement. That outreach illustrates the tightrope that Silicon Valley companies are walking as they deal with a president most of them did not want to see in office. (snip)

Mr. Smith said Mr. Trump had offered Intel no financial incentives to complete the Arizona factory.

The plant was conceived in 2011. President Barack Obama visited the site in 2012, when construction had just begun, and he praised the plant as an example of “an America where we build stuff and make stuff and sell stuff all over the world.”

But it was mothballed in 2014 after sales of personal computers — and the Intel chips that go into them — started to slide. Intel restructured its business and announced last year that it was laying off 12,000 people, including 560 in Chandler. The company now employs about 50,000 people in the United States and 106,000 worldwide.

I'd have paid Obama to stay away from the 2012 groundbreaking, he's the definition of a Shit Midas.  In a speech he gave at the groundbreaking, Obama said the plant was an argument for more government incentives (concentrate the power, skim off the top, kiss the ring).
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 8:51:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Winning!

Still not tired.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:00:39 AM EDT
[#2]
INTEL backed Anita Sarkesian. and they fund feminist frequency with 300 Million.
vowed to have diversity hires in every level of employment.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/10/intel-cuts-300m-in-jobs-research-education-and-talent-to-fund-feminist-frequency/

Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:03:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:06:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:09:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh look, rational tax and regulatory policies after years and years of bullshit clearing the way for high paying, high tech jobs manufacturing valuable export s.  
View Quote

What tax and an regulation policies were changed? Because none were changed. If you think a company will invest 7 billion based on "promises" that gov will change something, I got some prime swamp land to sell ya.  

This is nothing more than a PR stunt.  Intel finally has next generation chip set and need additional manufacturing capacity so they are resuming the plant construction they wanted since 2011 but halted on weak PC demand.

Also, chipset production is all fully automated in cleanrooms  so you can forget about those 3,000 jobs being high tech, high paying jobs. Will be small contingency of QEs with bulk being low paid warehouse workers and Hilo operators.  That's why it's $2.3 million per job.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:18:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Lol. It will be closed again when Apple codes the ARM chips.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:21:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
INTEL backed Anita Sarkesian. and they fund feminist frequency with 300 Million.
vowed to have diversity hires in every level of employment.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/10/intel-cuts-300m-in-jobs-research-education-and-talent-to-fund-feminist-frequency/

http://invisioncommunity.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/1-LXRGpBZ5PlhZkImGHjRSYw.jpeg
View Quote
Ugh, that's regrettable.  There sure are a lot of companies that decided to go with the social justice flow who need a come to Jesus.  There are some true believers, but when the surviving Democrats get creamed in the midterms you'll see a lot of these that recently went lefty full retard start waving the American flag and hiring Toby Keith to do patriotic commercials on Rush Limbaugh.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:25:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Also, chipset production is all fully automated in cleanrooms  so you can forget about those 3,000 jobs being high tech, high paying jobs. Will be small contingency of QEs with bulk being low paid warehouse workers and Hilo operators.  That's why it's $2.3 million per job.
View Quote

I work in the industry and you are very wrong.  Most of the jobs will be in engineering and technicians to maintain the equipment and robotics.  It's kind of a big deal to make leading edge semiconductors.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:27:11 AM EDT
[#9]
And to be ignored by the MSM...but, did you hear TRUMP DIDN'T RETURN A BOOK TO THE LIBRARY IN 3rd GRADE!?! LITERALLY HITLER!!!11!!!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:46:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I work in the industry and you are very wrong.  Most of the jobs will be in engineering and technicians to maintain the equipment and robotics.  It's kind of a big deal to make leading edge semiconductors.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't worry,  she is wrong about everything.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:58:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
And to be ignored by the MSM...but, did you hear TRUMP DIDN'T RETURN A BOOK TO THE LIBRARY IN 3rd GRADE!?! LITERALLY HITLER!!!11!!!!
View Quote

Actually, I heard on MSN that they interviewed Hitler yesterday, and he said Trump was literally worse than him!!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:03:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hell for the sake of the argument I will even agree with you on and can even says all of them will be engineering and technical jobs....that still leaves no manufacturing jobs created for the blue collar working class.  Those with meaningful college education, specially technically degrees have no problem finding jobs as is.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:05:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was all over Google news yesterday.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:13:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What tax and an regulation policies were changed? Because none were changed. If you think a company will invest 7 billion based on "promises" that gov will change something, I got some prime swamp land to sell ya.  

This is nothing more than a PR stunt.  Intel finally has next generation chip set and need additional manufacturing capacity so they are resuming the plant construction they wanted since 2011 but halted on weak PC demand.

View Quote

. Are you some kind of sleeper, or Manchurian Candidate that got triggered when Trump got elected?

Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:19:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

. Are you some kind of sleeper, or Manchurian Candidate that got triggered when Trump got elected?.
View Quote
Can you spot him.................?

Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#17]
@pgaplayerless is a paid CTR shill.  I assert this in a literal sense.  I honestly believe that this poster is being paid by a Soros-funded organization to disrupt, discredit, and sew dischord.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:36:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

. Are you some kind of sleeper, or Manchurian Candidate that got triggered when Trump got elected?.
View Quote

If one wants to make a real difference in way things work in our country, it's imperative that one doesn't fall for the smoke and mirrors. I don't care if Obama admin does it or Trump admin does it.  This is announcement is a great example of smoke and mirrors. It boasts the opening a new manufacturing plant costing billions of dollars giving the illusion it will be huge magnet for manufacturing jobs and it only happened thanks to change of federal regulations policies (which didn't change and the planned plant was only put on hold in 2014 due to reduced demand for PCS). It goes great with the MAGA narrative but what it won't tell you he average reader is that blue collar working class is still left in the dust. This project will only create jobs at the extreme of the spectrum and that is educated white collar workers in technical field and then low paid blue collar workers that just deal with moving raw material and finish product around. The high paid blue collar jobs have been taken up by robots.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:41:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

... you have no idea what you are talking about.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:51:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

... you have no idea what you are talking about.
View Quote

Care to educated me which part of the chip manufacturing is done by skilled assembly line workers then?  Those are the MAGA jobs
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:09:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Care to educated me which part of the chip manufacturing is done by skilled assembly line workers then?  Those are the MAGA jobs
View Quote

Those robots look an awful lot like people.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:17:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Hell for the sake of the argument I will even agree with you on and can even says all of them will be engineering and technical jobs....that still leaves no manufacturing jobs created for the blue collar working class.  Those with meaningful college education, specially technically degrees have no problem finding jobs as is.
View Quote

Technician is more of a technical blue colar job.  It's an hourly pay job and many have two year degrees at a trade school or military background.   It's turning wrenches
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:18:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:19:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would you like Intel to start making model-t Fords to make you feel better, crybaby?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:24:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Why are posting pictures of Foxconn's iPhone assembly line in China ?  Because that's what you posted.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:27:16 PM EDT
[#26]
In before:

1.  The deal was inked under 0bama's watch.
2.  Only 3,000 crappy jobs?  What is Trump going to do, talk to/call every company in America?
3.  The government isn't in the business of picking winners and losers.
4.  What about the free market?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:28:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Why are posting pictures of Foxconn's iPhone assembly line?  Because that's what you posted.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:28:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:29:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:29:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Technician is more of a technical blue colar job.  It's an hourly pay job and many have two year degrees at a trade school or military background.   It's turning wrenches
View Quote

Yes it is turning wrenches,

In much the same way a surgeon is a person who operates a knife.

I've done a lot of industrial controls.
the minimum qualifications you listed,
Good for around 75k to start.

Can make up to 250k a year

"Turning wrenches".
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:36:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:40:15 PM EDT
[#32]
2,998 of the jobs will go to illegals
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:42:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

"Turning wrenches".
View Quote

Hey surgeons also never went beyond High school diploma before they started practicing!
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:43:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

More like 2,987 jobs will go to foreign H1B visa holders.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 1:00:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

"Turning wrenches".
View Quote

I didn't mean it as a slight, I have a lot of respect for the work they do and it pays well.  I'm just saying there are a lot of people working in the fab doing routine maintenance like replacing quartz kits and cleaning process chambers that isn't dependant on college degrees but still requires very skilled workers turning wrenches and I think it would still be considered blue collar work.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 1:15:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

"Turning wrenches".
View Quote

I can tell that you've never set foot in any fab on the Chandler campus. Or even walked thru the laaaarge parking lots.
Just the number of pipefitters & plumbers it takes to do routine maintenance/upgrades in the place is impressive. You could easily classify those trades as "wrench turners" if you like. And the electricians, the millwrights, the carpenters, etc.
Not to even mention the huge economic impact the construction creates. And, construction on an Intel property is really, something else. Fab 42 had 7000 or so building trades hands on site at it's peak.
The dollars pumped into the Arizona economy thru building and running a Fab is enormous.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 1:21:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
In before:

1.  The deal was inked under 0bama's watch.
2.  Only 3,000 crappy jobs?  What is Trump going to do, talk to/call every company in America?
3.  The government isn't in the business of picking winners and losers.
4.  What about the free market?
View Quote

Almost!  Just a little late.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 1:21:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep... My wife worked in child care near this facility years ago. Lots of Indian, irish and others were imported to work by Intel.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 1:23:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More like Trump's immigration policies with respect to H1B visas will cause the collapse of the tech industry and there will be no jobs for anyone.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Uh, dont cell phones have chips in them ? I was showing pictures of facilities that manufacture chips where there are people working inside. seriously Soros needs some better CTR shills.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top