Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2017 4:02:32 PM EDT
I like to organize tools based on jobs, and keep the weight of my portable boxes reasonable.  I don't always succeed.  As such I keep collecting small tool boxes.  It seems the boxed are getting worse and worse.  The last Plano box I got for a range box has a pop off carrying handle.  The Kobalt I got for reloading, and re tasked as my truck bed box (tie down straps), had an increadsble shrinking shelf (no way possible to balance it on its shelf after 6 months.  Anyway, are their better portable boxes made?  Last week got entirely fucked as I made trip after trip for odd hand tools to fix a hydrolic hose (that is still leaking and I can not find my fracking combination wrench tool box...  I refused to even try to take my socket set box out because in is not trustworthy (and with a full set of 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2" drive sae and metric sockets weights 60lbs or so.

I have shop boxes, but down want to imagine dragging them arround when I have a breakdown while brush clearing.

school me on what became of the personal metal toolbox..
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 4:04:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Knaack hand tool boxes. Mines taken an endo down a flight of concrete steps before. Kennedy's and Waterloo are nice too but Knaack is durable.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 4:07:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Any of my tools that aren't in boxes on the truck usually end up in a 5 gallon bucket.

I have a few full of tile specific tools, a few full of stone specific tools, one dedicated to the chainsaw and cutting wood, there's tons of them out there.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 4:25:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up a bunch of these Keter tool boxes along time ago. They are great. They have a bunch of little compartments and are durable as hell.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 4:29:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Ammo cans
Zipper Klein tool bags, brass zipper not plastic zipper. multi color bags not all white.
milwaukee/Makita/Dewalt tool bags
Lots of good options available, take some time to get set up.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 5:25:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any of my tools that aren't in boxes on the truck usually end up in a 5 gallon bucket.

I have a few full of tile specific tools, a few full of stone specific tools, one dedicated to the chainsaw and cutting wood, there's tons of them out there.
View Quote

That's what I've been doing with odd ball specialty stuff.
Common tools are in my Kennedy cantilever box.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 8:43:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I've gone to the (mostly) medium size DeWalt ToughSystem boxes.
Amazon usually has the best price but I found a rolling one for 50% off at HD the other day..
Half the pickup bed is for a ladder and half is for these boxes.
Plumbing, Masonry/Paint, Mechanic tools, Electrical, etc.
I've also got a couple to grab for mobile welding, and my plasma cutter (just barely) fits in another.
There may be a better solution, but ... for the $$ ... I haven't found it yet.

Stay safe
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 1:10:42 PM EDT
[#7]
bucket boss around a 5 gallon bucket with a seat lid?
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 1:14:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Home Depot RIGID boxes.

Link Posted: 3/6/2017 1:32:54 PM EDT
[#9]
A few of mine
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 7:23:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Why no bag? I think bag is what you're looking for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top