Lol cultural misunderstanding this is hilarious

oh Japan don't you know your Customs don't apply to the rest of the world

Also link is not loading for me then again I am on my phone so who knows
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:18:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Poor guy
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess evacuating everyone and everything in a panic is a more reasonable approach than some flatfoot saying, "hey bud, what the hell are you doing?"
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:21:38 PM EDT
[#4]
He's fucked-Bloomberg banned salt in NYC years ago..........................
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:22:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I guess evacuating everyone and everything in a panic is a more reasonable approach than some flatfoot saying, "hey bud, what the hell are you doing?"
View Quote
That's so 20th century........
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:22:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, not smart.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:22:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He's fucked-Bloomberg banned salt in NYC years ago..........................
View Quote
Good think he didn't pour out a Big Gulp. SWAT would have taken him out.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:23:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:25:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Is that a sign of respect/honoring the dead in their culture?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:27:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Now NYC has to create a food label for the memorial
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Apparently so.
From the article:

"He said this was his way of honoring the deceased,” said Port Authority Police spokesman Joseph Pentangelo. Salt is often used in Shinto rituals to purify an area or a sacred space.

I had no idea
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Was he dressed like this:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:30:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Fucking NY.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:34:34 PM EDT
[#14]
#nyvalues
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:35:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Really wish someone had just asked him what he was doing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:36:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Has been for centuries in Japan and in other Asian countries, salt is a precious thing so giving a precious thing to the Dead is a sign of respect
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:36:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Haven't you ever watched an action movie?  That guy ALWAYS dies first.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:37:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Apparently so.
From the article:

"He said this was his way of honoring the deceased,” said Port Authority Police spokesman Joseph Pentangelo. Salt is often used in Shinto rituals to purify an area or a sacred space.

I had no idea
View Quote
LOL
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:39:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:42:44 PM EDT
[#20]
That's kinda cool . 

Give him a nod of understanding , cut him loose 
And have him grab a broom 
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:51:36 PM EDT
[#21]
New York is such a nice place, my friends just don't understand why I don't come visit them there.

If salt gets people evacuated and you arrested then wtf happens when some Arby's horsey sauce packets fall out of your pocket?  
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:53:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, he totally should have to ask to mourn the dead in a normal and peaceful way at a public memorial.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:54:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
New York is such a nice place, my friends just don't understand why I don't come visit them there.

If salt gets people evacuated and you arrested then wtf happens when some Arby's horsey sauce packets fall out of your pocket?  
View Quote
All that I can tell you is that a black van pulls up and three masked men pulls you in with a hood on.  No idea what happens to you then, all I know those people are never heard from again.

That's all that I can say before they send out a squad to pick me up too.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:59:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:07:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yeah, he totally should have to ask to mourn the dead in a normal and peaceful way at a public memorial.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Normal for his culture.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:07:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

New York City is an awesome place.  You are missing out.  

Given the context of potential terrorist attacks, seeing an individual spreading what appears to be a white chemical for no reason in a memorial could absolutely be seen as suspicious.  Given anthrax/ricin scares in the past, such a reaction in a HIGHLY sensitive place like the 9/11 memorial - with lots of security and scrutiny - is not completely unreasonable.

It's just an unfortunate misunderstanding, nothing else.  Not some horrific indictment of New York City.
View Quote
Stop with the common sense.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:08:06 PM EDT
[#27]
He never heard the saying. When in Rome
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:08:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Given the context of potential terrorist attacks, seeing an individual spreading what appears to be a white chemical for no reason in a memorial could absolutely be seen as suspicious.  Given anthrax/ricin scares in the past, such a reaction in a HIGHLY sensitive place like the 9/11 memorial - with lots of security and scrutiny - is not completely unreasonable.

It's just an unfortunate misunderstanding, nothing else.  Not some horrific indictment of New York City.
View Quote
Nothing makes up for all those commie votes.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:10:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Normal for his culture.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Normal for his culture.
New York City... Not very multicultural. 
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:12:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Has been for centuries in Japan and in other Asian countries, salt is a precious thing so giving a precious thing to the Dead is a sign of respect
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Romans also mined salt, the word "salary" is derived from the word for salt, and phrases such as "back to the salt mines," and "not worth his salt;"
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:12:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
LOL
View Quote
Uh, I don't get it.  Is that not accurate?
Please pardon my ignorance of Far East culture
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:22:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sounds like a Misdemeanor Theft or Shoplifting by Concealment charge to me, unless you've got a receipt for those condiments.

I won't tolerate a thief.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:24:19 PM EDT
[#33]
I understood this reference.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:31:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:34:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
But salt is a usually white chemical
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:35:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
We have the hottest russian strippers.  So there's that, which is nice.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

But salt is a usually white chemical
View Quote

Salt isn't a chemical.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:37:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:39:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:40:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:40:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It is to the mouth-breathing clueless inbred morons that still live in the shadow of the tree that their momma shat them out under.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Normal for his culture.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Normal for his culture.
America is great because of God and manifest destiny. The Japanese culture is inferior. We will force them to adopt an alphabet.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:50:29 PM EDT
[#43]
wow, that was a huge article. too much info
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 3:09:24 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm really sorry he had to go through that. The guy was honoring our dead.

At the same time, I can sympathize with the overreaction. We live in an era in which terrorist attacks in major western cities happen almost every month. So I really can't blame the guy who saw a person spreading an unidentified white powder around the 9/11 memorial and jumped to a conclusion.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 3:09:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
He never heard the saying. When in Rome
View Quote
Yes?

Please go on............

Link Posted: 4/19/2017 3:11:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
America is great because of God and manifest destiny. The Japanese culture is inferior. We will force them to adopt an alphabet.
View Quote
not sure if serious
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 3:12:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
lol

I don't go to New York City for the occasional weekend to talk about politics with voters.  I go to enjoy the amazing restaurants, museums, performances, architecture, etc.  

I'd also enjoy a trip to China to enjoy some of their spectacular landscapes, food, history, etc.   Sorry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing makes up for all those commie votes.  Sorry.
lol

I don't go to New York City for the occasional weekend to talk about politics with voters.  I go to enjoy the amazing restaurants, museums, performances, architecture, etc.  

I'd also enjoy a trip to China to enjoy some of their spectacular landscapes, food, history, etc.   Sorry.
Hell,why not go to Iran or North Korea?

NY is a commie state-by visiting and spending money there,you are giving them the money they use to fuck over their citizens.

Link Posted: 4/19/2017 3:33:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Hell,why not go to Iran or North Korea?

NY is a commie state-by visiting and spending money there,you are giving them the money they use to fuck over their citizens.

View Quote
That's like saying don't buy stuff made in the USA because its government gives money to the PLO and planned parenthood.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 3:48:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'm really sorry he had to go through that. The guy was honoring our dead.

At the same time, I can sympathize with the overreaction. We live in an era in which terrorist attacks in major western cities happen almost every month. So I really can't blame the guy who saw a person spreading an unidentified white powder around the 9/11 memorial and jumped to a conclusion.
View Quote
Yeah, I've seen a lot of Japanese people yelling dollar snackbar and blowing themselves up over the past few years.

For a liberal shit hole that prides itself in multiculturalism they sure don't know their ass from a hole in the wall. I'm a redneck from Colorado and even I know about their religious rituals.

Humans profile and judge for a reason, if the squinty eyed salary man had a beard and a goat in tow, perhaps then I might take pause.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 3:50:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Salt isn't a chemical.
View Quote

Wat?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top