Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2017 12:52:37 AM EDT
Some vintage war era steam was nearby.  I had planned on buying a couple tickets for the excursion they were doing on some shortline rails nearby.  Unfortunately work got in the way and I had to work late,  so no ride for me.  And unfortunately the weather and daylight didn't cooperate for any good pictures.  So as a last resort I grabbed a short video.

Next time maybe....
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 1:01:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I have been on several steam rail rides many years ago. Always fun. Wonder if they are still around. That Durango to Silverton was one of the best.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 2:02:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have been on several steam rail rides many years ago. Always fun. Wonder if they are still around. That Durango to Silverton was one of the best.
View Quote
I have never been on a steamer.  

I have been on a short diesel train ride.  And the LIRR and a NY subway...

This guy stopped in town a couple years ago.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 2:42:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
The Durango to Silverton is still around the last I checked, they even added stuff, some new cars on the train and some new attractions.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 12:57:27 PM EDT
[#4]
261 is a nice engine.  I see her and think of the wartime N&W Js built without using extra sheet metal for streamlining.  Rode behind her on a 2-day round trip from Scranton, PA to Syracuse, NY and back.

Milwaukee 261:

Un-streamlined N&W J:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top