Does it have infinite ammo?
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 11:26:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks like a M231

Still ghey 
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Awesome.
I always liked the weapons in Metal Gear being just barely plausible.
Like some sort of customized M231 port weapon.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 11:29:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Needs a front site
View Quote
Why?

It's not the type of weapon you "aim".
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 11:35:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Pretty cool.  I just wish i could find some inexpensive A1 uppers these days.  
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 11:59:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Kind of want
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 12:04:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Why?

View Quote
So the carry handle is only for carrying I guess?

Personally I would have put a railed upper and a cheap red dot on it. Could do a laser for beams too.

Who am I kidding. I'm getting close to being a fudd cause I probably wouldn't have built it.

I hope you have a lot of fun with it OP
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 12:34:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Why?

View Quote
The original production ones had a nub in the front of the carry handle.

Link Posted: 6/11/2017 1:50:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Looks

Kharn
View Quote
So does signing your name to a post.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 1:57:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Some gunsmith built Big Boss's 1911 for a customer. It was perfect.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 2:12:19 PM EDT
[#19]
He put a LOT of effort into that; I've been waiting to see it finished.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 2:19:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Personally I would have put a railed upper and a cheap red dot on it. Could do a laser for beams too.

Who am I kidding. I'm getting close to being a fudd cause I probably wouldn't have built it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why?

Go full tech retro!!!!!

ARMS #39

Singlepoint sight

Link Posted: 6/11/2017 3:17:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks

Kharn
Come back when you know what the significance of a white tile floor is. 16er.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 3:21:50 PM EDT
[#22]
talk about a gas BLOCK
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 3:26:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Some gunsmith built Big Boss's 1911 for a customer. It was perfect.
View Quote
At least that's not fucking worthless.
Just a 1980s looking custom 1911

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 3:41:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Not to piss in the cheerios, its a very nice build, but the Patriot pistol is a real firearm made by Rocky Mountain Arms. RMA is a now defunct brand owned by a human piece of shit swindler, I have a long fucked up story about this turd and what he did to my pistol.

The Metal Gear Patriot was never based on the M231 port firing weapon. This was a solution to a problem that didn't exist. Probably the result of game nerds trying to find a historical military excuse for the Patriot Pistol in the game.

The truth is the developers saw a picture of RMA Patriot on the webz and simply copied it, they even copied the name. They appear from time to time on gunbroker, but finding one in this exact configuration is difficult.

Here is is my Patriot Pistol from 2010(probably built in the 80s), acquired in its original form exactly like the one in game. Sadly it doesn't look exactly as its original form today because I sent it to RMA for repair and the owner of RMA tried to steal it and ended up stealing some of the original components.

Mine even says Patriot Pistol on the receiver.

Link Posted: 6/11/2017 3:43:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Needs arm brace
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 3:44:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 3:48:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Game takes place in the 60's.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 3:58:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 4:01:20 PM EDT
[#29]
First, there was 3000 Miles to Graceland

Link Posted: 6/11/2017 4:05:38 PM EDT
[#30]
RMA guns were used in lots of shitty movies.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 4:15:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Needs arm brace
View All Quotes
No because the point was to replicate a gun from a video game, not make a useful firearm.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 4:17:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nailed it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 4:27:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Do its bullets tumble end over end right out of the barrel like the one in the game?

While I kind of like the MGS series, you have to admit it is more or less Call of Duty run through the worst parts of Japan with a side order of what the fuck. Like if Chris Costa fell down a bunch of stairs and got brain damage, yet kept " over the top operating" (AKA OTopErating as they'd call it in the game) all while rambling in homeless man gibberish about the secret conspiracy by the Patriots to take over the world with acronyms and robots.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 5:36:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Not to piss in the cheerios, its a very nice build, but the Patriot pistol is a real firearm made by Rocky Mountain Arms. RMA is a now defunct brand owned by a human piece of shit swindler, I have a long fucked up story about this turd and what he did to my pistol.

The Metal Gear Patriot was never based on the M231 port firing weapon. This was a solution to a problem that didn't exist. Probably the result of game nerds trying to find a historical military excuse for the Patriot Pistol in the game.

The truth is the developers saw a picture of RMA Patriot on the webz and simply copied it, they even copied the name. They appear from time to time on gunbroker, but finding one in this exact configuration is difficult.

Here is is my Patriot Pistol from 2010(probably built in the 80s), acquired in its original form exactly like the one in game. Sadly it doesn't look exactly as its original form today because I sent it to RMA for repair and the owner of RMA tried to steal it and ended up stealing some of the original components.

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p572/golgo013ar15/DSC02128_zpsg0uupyuy.jpg
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p572/golgo013ar15/DSC02130_zpswfxidinj.jpg
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p572/golgo013ar15/DSC02135_zpse0sza0pm.jpg
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p572/golgo013ar15/DSC02132_zpscejlpgin.jpg
View Quote
What did you use for the frontsight?
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 5:46:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

No because the point was to replicate a gun from a video game, not make a useful firearm.
View Quote
In before all the old people who complain about video game builds, but will argue for 20 pages about the exact color finish Colt used in 1965.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 5:49:23 PM EDT
[#36]
A patriot.  Why are you giving me this?
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 5:51:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Do its bullets tumble end over end right out of the barrel like the one in the game?

While I kind of like the MGS series, you have to admit it is more or less Call of Duty run through the worst parts of Japan with a side order of what the fuck. Like if Chris Costa fell down a bunch of stairs and got brain damage, yet kept " over the top operating" (AKA OTopErating as they'd call it in the game) all while rambling in homeless man gibberish about the secret conspiracy by the Patriots to take over the world with acronyms and robots.
View Quote
LOL!  Perfect
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 6:42:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p572/golgo013ar15/DSC02128_zpsg0uupyuy.jpg
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p572/golgo013ar15/DSC02130_zpswfxidinj.jpg
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p572/golgo013ar15/DSC02135_zpse0sza0pm.jpg
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p572/golgo013ar15/DSC02132_zpscejlpgin.jpg
Front sight is proprietary Rocky Mountain Arms. That entire gun was manufactured in that exact configuration, I'm guessing in the 80s. It's not a custom, it's one of RMA's early models, you can tell by the carry handle and the early model muzzle break.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 7:46:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
La li lu le lo
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 8:26:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Here's the full thread in the Retro forums.

The other side shows off the belt-clip. It's neat, but it will snag finger nails and is useless if you have the drum in. It's much better with 20-round mags.

Quoted:

View Quote
Mine's accurate to the Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

I was trying to build to the game/screen, not the Rocky Mountain Arms gun. If I wanted the RMA pistol, I would have just bought one.

The biggest difference is that the RMA ones were built on non-spec lowers and C7 uppers. The one in the game, which is the one I set out to copy, is on A1 parts and has some slight differences in the parts as well.
Also to my knowledge the RMA pistols started manufacture in the early 90's, but I could be wrong on that. I've also never seen one with that muzzle brake, only with A1 flash hiders. Is that factory or added later?

However, I'm glad to see someone who realizes it isn't based on the M231. That said, they never claim that it is based on it in the game; that's just fan pages and wiki's trying to make sense of it.

Quoted:
A patriot.  Why are you giving me this?
View Quote
Because there's only room for one snake and one boss.

Quoted:
View Quote
No, but with a 1:14 twist and some heavy ammo I could have gotten close.
I wanted to keep some semblance of "purpose". Put on one of the older, carry-handle sight mounts
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 6/12/2017 4:10:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Needs arm brace.
View Quote
Needs Sear first
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top