Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 6/13/2017 2:47:42 AM EDT
I don't recall agreeing to any terms stating such.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 2:49:34 AM EDT
[#1]
good point, I am not sure that they do honestly, its like being presumed guilty until proven innocent.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 2:52:23 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a store not the .gov-  they can do what the fuck they want.

Don't spend money there.

Im sure you can refuse and I'm sure they can't "Detain"  you but that would make life complicated I suspect.  Sound soverign citizeny 
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 2:53:03 AM EDT
[#3]
No.  My wife called corporate to confirm, then photographed the guy at the door when he wouldn't stop.

He left so fast he was almost running.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 2:53:21 AM EDT
[#4]
JFC, just show the miserable bastard your receipt and get on with your life.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 2:54:38 AM EDT
[#5]
They have the right to ask, I'm pretty sure you have the right to refuse. I don't think they have any legal basis to prevent you leaving.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 2:56:30 AM EDT
[#6]
My closest walmart doesn't even have the receipt checker people, it must be the stores in sketchier areas, like Everett,WA walmarts, they have receipt checkers and the fucking spray paint is locked up like the ammo.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 2:56:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
To what end? 1 minute, 2 minutes?
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 2:57:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Unless they are LEO or Fed. Tell em to get bent.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 2:58:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Haha OP, I'm reminded of this quote for this thread:

"And Lardass just sat back and enjoyed what he'd created-a complete and total barf-o-rama!"

Context is everything.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 2:59:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Oh C'mon!  Who DOESN'T want to punch an Octogenarian Great Grandmother in the 
face when she oversteps her authority! 

Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:00:49 AM EDT
[#11]
The few times I went in there, they did... I'm like wtf, you literally just watch me pay fucktard. I still have the damn receipt in my hand.

Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:03:42 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd say this is textbook snowflake syndrome..

A malady affecting a significant portion of the world's population wherein the afflicted will demand special treatment, conduct themselves with a ludicrous, unfounded sense of entitlement, and generally make the lives of everyone around them that much more miserable.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:12:32 AM EDT
[#13]
I went to one in North KC around midnight with my wife. We bought a DVD at the checkout maybe 10 feet from the door (before self-check). There was no one in line with us or near us.

A receipt checker literally watched us pay. So did a KC cop standing right next to her. I purposely didn't get a bag and just held the DVD in hand with the receipt. As we walked by, the lady says "excuse me sir can I check your receipt?"

If I were alone I'd have stopped and showed her. But since I was with my wife I like to be an ass sometimes. The checker appeared to get upset and yelled "sir stop now!" I looked back at the cop as I was walking and he was just smiling. She looked at him and he just shrugged his shoulders.

Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:17:32 AM EDT
[#14]
I have crap to do. Leave me alone.

I'm nice though. I just say "No thanks!" with a big smile and plow through.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:20:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's a store not the .gov-  they can do what the fuck they want.

Don't spend money there.

Im sure you can refuse and I'm sure they can't "Detain"  you but that would make life complicated I suspect.  Sound soverign citizeny 
View Quote
They can't detain you. They are not officers of the law. Even then, officers need probable cause and or reasonable suspicion.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:23:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

A malady affecting a significant portion of the world's population wherein the afflicted will demand special treatment, conduct themselves with a ludicrous, unfounded sense of entitlement, and generally make the lives of everyone around them that much more miserable.
Like the Founding Fathers?

Just pay the fucking taxes guy! It's pennies on the dollar.

Can't stand these entitled jackasses.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:23:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I went to one in North KC around midnight with my wife. We bought a DVD at the checkout maybe 10 feet from the door (before self-check). There was no one in line with us or near us.

A receipt checker literally watched us pay. So did a KC cop standing right next to her. I purposely didn't get a bag and just held the DVD in hand with the receipt. As we walked by, the lady says "excuse me sir can I check your receipt?"

If I were alone I'd have stopped and showed her. But since I was with my wife I like to be an ass sometimes. The checker appeared to get upset and yelled "sir stop now!" I looked back at the cop as I was walking and he was just smiling. She looked at him and he just shrugged his shoulders.

View Quote
You must rack the cool points up with the wife when you do that.
Same at Costco I assume?
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:25:22 AM EDT
[#18]
When we cover the US Bill of Rights in my government class, I have students as a project refuse to show their receipt and they have to write a reflection on it. Their Mexican parents are used to submitting to government and get mad at their kids but this is 'Murcia. In 'Murcia we don't forget our inalienable rights.

Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:26:42 AM EDT
[#19]
I just show them the damn receipt.  Now if they were being rude or disrespectful, thats another story. But I never had one (yet) that has.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:33:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Same at Costco I assume?
View Quote
Lol

No Costco near me but I'd imagine that's one of those stores where you agree to them checking your receipt as part of your 'membership.'
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:35:15 AM EDT
[#21]
If you want to be super cool tell the receipt checker to fuck off while stealing shit,  pull a knife on them, then get spear tackled by the store manager who is wearing a tie and slacks, then get beat in to the ground and arrested by the popo. I seent it happen.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:55:18 AM EDT
[#22]
When they ask, I just look at my watch and tell them the time in a relatively loud voice, and keep walking.  When I don't feel like being silly, I just say "No thanks."
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:01:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Meh, in the many visits to the local wal-mart I have only been asked once. It was a giant pack of paper towels that I paid for in self check out that wouldn't fit in the bag. The lady had to be 85 years old and I was not going to be a dick to her for a few reasons. 1: My dad does alot of plumbing and electrical for several wal-marts and makes a shit pot full of money and they have seen me in there with him in the past. I do not want to mess up that gravy gig for him. 2: I am generally a very nice and courteous fellow.

I hate to be embarrassed and I am not going to make a scene in Wal-mart where many people know me.

No, I do not felt my rights were violated in any sort, no I did not want to go in the back and grab a Chinese made American flag and wave it in their faces.

Its on you though, if you want to decline then do what makes you happy.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:20:34 AM EDT
[#24]
I've never seen one who looked like they care enough. 
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:21:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Why is it such a big deal for some of you people, when I leave Walmart, Costco, etc, I just flash my receipt and go on about my business of heading out the door, remember all of you are going to be old one of these days and will want to still feel like you are productive, why make their life hard, because you think you have some perceived notion of being to busy...

Christ on a cross some of you guys are real pieces of work.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:24:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Maybe not but they could call the po po who could make your day for not doing so. OP is a sovereign citizen in need of being loved tenderly by the man.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:29:42 AM EDT
[#27]
If they are new they might ask.

But we have had the same ones for some time. And if they asked I would oblige.

They are in their 70's. If I want to rage against "the man" I will argue with my foreman or someone on the irrigation board.

If you are bitching about them wasting your time, your argument has AIDS, you already went to Wal-Mart, the ultimate time-suck black hole, full of fatasses meandering about in your way while you try to shop.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:30:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Am I being detained?
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:33:21 AM EDT
[#29]
If we give them our cooperation on this, soon it'll be wandiing, and then we'll have to clear a metal detector, and pat downs won't be far behind. People will be saying, "What, it's just a pat down, they're not even asking you to strip out, just put your hands on the wall and then go about your business".

I don't care if they select the most pathetic looking employee for the job, they're not going to get me to agree to forfeit my time and my 4th amendment rights out of sympathy. Usually when I get stopped it's by a person in their 30's or 40's who seems like a retired hall monitor who gets pumped when they're picked for jury duty.

ETA: POST 87!!! Achievement unlocked.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:33:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Only ever been asked at Walmart twice. The first time I told the guy no thanks and kept walking, he didn't seem to care. The next time I had a bunch of big items so I didn't blame the guy for asking but I didn't feel like digging for the receipt because it was in one of many bags in a plastic tote and that's what I told the guy. He followed me in the parking lot telling me he was calling the police. I invited him over to my truck and explained that I would look for the receipt as I unloaded the cart and loaded the truck if he really cared that fucking much. He walked close enough to get my plate number and went back inside. Never had any contact with law enforcement over it...

It might make me an asshole but I don't care. I'm not stealing anything and I don't care what you think.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:38:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If we give them our cooperation on this, soon it'll be wandiing, and then we'll have to clear a metal detector, and pat downs won't be far behind. People will be saying, "What, it's just a pat down, they're not even asking you to strip out, just put your hands on the wall and then go about your business".

I don't care if they select the most pathetic looking employee for the job, they're not going to get me to agree to forfeit my time and my 4th amendment rights out of sympathy. Usually when I get stopped it's by a person in their 30's or 40's who seems like a retired hall monitor who gets pumped when they're picked for jury duty.

View Quote
Was that achievement an extra chromosome?

Next thing you know Irvin and Erline will be having security take you to the gas chamber if you don't stand up to them.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:39:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I don't recall agreeing to any terms stating such.
View Quote

Did you blade at 45?

Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:39:27 AM EDT
[#33]
If you are trying to steal a canoe buy gum first.  Carry the canoe and flash him the gum receipt.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:47:20 AM EDT
[#34]
It is a store policy and nothing more.

You have a right to refuse their inspection one time.

if you do, they have the right to refuse your entry into the store ever again.

I would tell them to fuck off and then shop at some other store that has less selection and higher prices!
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:47:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lost for words. I really just don't know about you brother.

They have been doing this for a long time, asking, spot checking receipts.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:54:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Was that achievement an extra chromosome?

Next thing you know Irvin and Erline will be having security take you to the gas chamber if you don't stand up to them.
View Quote
I see that we don't agree.

A long time ago in this country no one would've put up with being screened for criminal behavior as a part of spending their hard earned money at a store. Today we look at anyone who squawks at such treatment as a loony toon. I don't know about your dad, but mine would've never set foot in a place like that again if he'd been told he had to prove he wasn't a criminal before he left. Incrementalism.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:55:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Lost for words. I really just don't know about you brother.

They have been doing this for a long time, asking, spot checking receipts.
View Quote
Yeah, I know they've been doing it for a while, and I've been saying "No thank you" for just as long. The fact that they've been doing it all this time doesn't make it any more legitimate.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 5:02:22 AM EDT
[#38]
I try not to go to Wal-Mart.

If I do, I'll show my receipt if there's no line at the old person.  If there is, I don't bother stopping.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 5:25:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 5:31:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Does the walmart flag have gold fringe
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 5:43:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Is being a decent, contributing member of a civilized society really that hard, OP?

Just show your receipt and move on.

Millennials
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 5:46:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Same at Costco I assume?
View Quote
Costco/Sam's are clubs where a condition of the membership is to show your receipt.

Wal-Mart is a ghetto target.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 5:49:45 AM EDT
[#43]
We must put our foot down and fight against tyranny!

Let us choose the senior citizen making minimum wage who asks us with a smile to see our receipts!!
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 5:51:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Umm,
we just did this exact thread on 4/4/2017.
Here’s my response from that thread...

I’ve been asked dozens of times at Walmart, and tell them no. For several reasons…

1. I’m not a thief and don’t appreciate their assumption that I have stolen something.

2. It is just another small inconvenience added to the bigger inconvenience of shopping there. When I have to ring up and bag all my fucking purchases, using fucked up machines that require I wait for the fucking airhead attendant to reset the register 3-5 fucking times, my Give-A-Fuck meter for their shrinkage problem is sitting on ZERO. My telling them “no” does not make their stupidly simple job any harder.

3. They have absolutely no right to demand I hand over my personal property (MY receipt) for inspection. But when they do, I demand they produce a govt-issue photo ID that I can inspect. Then they quickly realize how stupid their request is, and I leave.

4. The security theatre clowns just look at the date on the receipt, which isn’t much of a loss prevention technique. I have successfully given them a Walgreens receipt just to prove to a friend that the practice is a joke.

5. They are too chickenshit to ask the dirtbags for fear of getting assaulted. Instead they go after the people less likely to object, who are probably less likely to shoplift. They will ask me, but not the three gangbangers ahead of me, so they really aren’t providing effective security, just playing a game and I have no respect for that behavior.

6. It is not my responsibility to help reduce their theft problem. If they want to reward me for that assistance, fine, I'll consider it.

7. I usually use the self-checkout lanes because the cashier lanes are full of people with overflowing carts. If a cashiered machine makes a mistake and the security guy spots it on the receipt then I’d just have to pay for that skipped item. If I check out my items, and the marginally-functioning computerized register make a mistake that the security guy spots. I’ll probably be arrested for theft. And those machines do make mistakes. I have one from yesterday that omitted one item. I scanned every item and ensured the register beeped for each one, but somehow a $1 box of Rice-A-Roni didn’t get included. I’m not going to check out and bag all my items, pay, then inventory everything against the receipt before leaving the store. I have much better uses for my time. For the shopper, showing a receipt has absolutely no advantages, only potential disadvantages, BIG disadvantages. There was an ARFCOM member’s wife that self-checked out and had a skipped item, and the store aggressively prosecuted her for theft.

Usually I’m polite and so are they, but when some millennial deliberately blocks my egress it gets ugly pretty quick. I once got tackled and thrown to the cement by one of those clowns because their door alarm malfunctioned. Next time ain’t gonna be like the last time.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 6:13:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Blade @ 45.

They might notice the free pressure washer.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 6:21:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Ah yes, the Walmart, Best Buy, etc arfcom monthly receipt thread.

If you want to show then show.

If you don't want to for whatever reason, then don't.

Chuck E Cheeses gets their panties in a wad when you don't let them check your kids arm stamp as well.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 6:22:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
There is a reason for that.  Most theft is an inside job.  Checker puts her hand over the bard code on the DVD box and uses it to push a pack of gum over the scanner.  It beeps and rings up 20 cents.  You pay 20 cents and walk out with a DVD and a receipt.  That night you and the cashier knock back a few beers while watching your 20 cent DVD.

If the door person checked your receipt, they would see the fraud.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 6:24:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Do you mean the OP and people like him?

It's a jerb, be happy they're working and not leaching off the system, or not as bad as they could.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 6:36:42 AM EDT
[#49]
The goofballs they have do that around here don't even have the balls to stop you.  Its basically voluntary.  They stand there with their highlighter and vest on, but when I roll by with my cart they don't say anything.  Other people make it a point to stop like they need their papers checked to enter back into the population
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 6:40:07 AM EDT
[#50]
I submit to every ridiculous activity that stores require so I can be a decent, contributing member of society. 
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top