Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/4/2017 12:50:18 AM EDT
If you are planning on setting off fireworks this Fourth of July, be sure to abide by these simple guidelines. Doing so will ensure you, and the members of your local community have a safe and enjoyable July 4th. 

Prior to setting off any fireworks, you should ensure that your local fire danger level is low to moderate. Many regions are currently experiencing a significant drought as a result of climate change caused by excessive fossil fuel usage. Igniting fireworks in these areas could cause vegetation to catch on fire and lead to a deadly wild fire. As an extra precaution, it's always a good idea to contact your local fire Marshall for information relating to fireworks usage. 

Be sure that fireworks are legal in your area. Many states and towns have laws and ordinances prohibiting firework usage. If you live in an area where firework usage is restricted, please abide by these rules so you do not put yourself and your neighbors at risk. Many of these communities offer larger controlled Fourth of July celebrations. 

If you live in a residential area, odds are it might be under an HOA. Please be sure to double check your HOA bylaws to ensure there are no provisions against igniting fireworks. 

If your HOA permits firework usage you should, out of curtesy, politely inform each of the residents in your neighborhood that you are planning on setting off fire works well ahead of time in order to give them ample warning. Be sure to tell them what time you plan set off your fireworks so you do not surprise anyone. 

As a reminder, many neighborhoods are comprised of immigrants who have different customs and traditions. Many of these immigrants do not wish to observe the Fourth of July or other American traditions. Out of respect for their different cultures, you should first ensure that none of them will be offended by your patriotic display. To many, the Fourth of July represents violent nationalism which, especially in our current political climate, could illicit fear from many of the members of your community. 

If your neighbors give you the okay, it is important to ensure that you handle the fireworks very carefully. fireworks are deadly explosives and they can cause serious injury or death if handled improperly. 

Many of your neighbors have work on the 5th and need to wake up early. It is usually considered impolite to be setting off fireworks after 9:30. Make sure you get all your fun in before most people go to sleep.

Happy Fourth!
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:53:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:54:26 AM EDT
[#2]
You a fag or something?
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:55:12 AM EDT
[#3]
FPNI
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:55:53 AM EDT
[#4]
lol troll
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:56:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you OP for this wonderful post :)
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:57:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Did you pull this off Vox or Slate or some other dick-sucking publication?
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:57:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FPNI
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:57:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Get outahere.

Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:58:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Motherfuckin' Bootleg Fireworks (Funny Subtitle Version)
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:58:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:58:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Marlboro Reds are really good for lighting bottle rockets. remember to toss the rocket before the fuse reaches the bottom to avoid getting burned. Also, always keep your hand open when throwing m80s so you don't lose your fingers.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:59:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
FPNI
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:59:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You a fag or something?
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:59:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:59:40 AM EDT
[#15]
What the hell do you think I have ten fingers for, OP?
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:00:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Oh Jesus Christ

It's not even fully dark at 9:30
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:00:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
FPNI
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:01:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Ha! He said HOA!

Not in my lifetime buddy.

I do what I want.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:02:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Marlboro Reds are really good for lighting bottle rockets. remember to toss the rocket before the fuse reaches the bottom to avoid getting burned. Also, always keep your hand open when throwing m80s so you don't lose your fingers.
View Quote
You don't shoot bottle rockets out of your hand?
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:03:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Watch your skirt. Those things go up a lot on this holiday.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:03:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Glad you aren't my neighbor. FFS
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:03:53 AM EDT
[#22]
All I have planned is watching HBO's John Adams Episode 2. 
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:06:15 AM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:06:28 AM EDT
[#24]
I thought parody threads were COC?!

Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:07:43 AM EDT
[#25]
show us where the freedom touched you OP?

what do I care if people in my neighborhood are immigrants and they do not recognize the 4th of july. The day recognizing our independence in the country that THEY ARE NOW LIVING IN!

AMERICA!
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 2:00:58 AM EDT
[#26]
  Ok. 
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 2:04:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Whoever originally wrote that knows the taste of penis.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 2:29:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Many regions are currently experiencing a significant drought as a result of climate change caused by excessive fossil fuel usage. Igniting fireworks in these areas could cause vegetation to catch on fire and lead to a deadly wild fire. As an extra precaution, it's always a good idea to contact your local fire Marshall for information relating to fireworks usage. [/size=2]

As a reminder, many neighborhoods are comprised of immigrants who have different customs and traditions. Many of these immigrants do not wish to observe the Fourth of July or other American traditions. Out of respect for their different cultures, you should first ensure that none of them will be offended by your patriotic display. To many, the Fourth of July represents violent nationalism which, especially in our current political climate, could illicit fear from many of the members of your community. 
View Quote

First off, get off whatever hallucinogenics you're on.  That "Climate Change" garbage has been thoroughly debunked.  

Secondly, if some whiney illegal doesn't want to assimilate to the US culture, they can crawl back into whatever 3rd world toilet they sleezed out of. Bastards need to live in fear of the laws they've violated.

Third, and finally, if you don't want to live in the US, under the US Constitution, you can go live in the 3rd world cesspit of your choice.  And yes, that includes Europe since they'll qualify as 3rd world soon.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 2:38:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Your concern has ben noted.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 2:47:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 2:53:24 AM EDT
[#31]
I know you meant well, OP, but no...........no...........MAGA this fucking 4th!!!  Freedom!
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 3:04:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

First off, get off whatever hallucinogenics you're on.  That "Climate Change" garbage has been thoroughly debunked.  

Secondly, if some whiney illegal doesn't want to assimilate to the US culture, they can crawl back into whatever 3rd world toilet they sleezed out of. Bastards need to live in fear of the laws they've violated.

Third, and finally, if you don't want to live in the US, under the US Constitution, you can go live in the 3rd world cesspit of your choice.  And yes, that includes Europe since they'll qualify as 3rd world soon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
show us where the freedom touched you OP?

what do I care if people in my neighborhood are immigrants and they do not recognize the 4th of july. The day recognizing our independence in the country that THEY ARE NOW LIVING IN!

AMERICA!

This place kills me.  

BTW OP, I now know where else you post. 
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 3:18:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You don't shoot bottle rockets out of your hand?
View Quote
I'm a pussy- I hold them by the stick and toss them at the last second.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 3:27:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Your concern has ben noted.
View Quote
Who's troll account are you? 3 yrs is a long time to wait. Lol
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 3:39:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 3:40:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Is this a parody thread? Seems like it. It has all the elements that GD hates. I really want to tell OP to F off but not sure if this is a parody.

Oh hell, OP, YOU'RE NOT MY WIFE! I'LL DO WHAT I WANT!  
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 11:36:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
If you are planning on setting off fireworks this Fourth of July, be sure to abide by these simple guidelines. Doing so will ensure you, and the members of your local community have a safe and enjoyable July 4th. 

Prior to setting off any fireworks, you should ensure that your local fire danger level is low to moderate. Many regions are currently experiencing a significant drought as a result of climate change caused by excessive fossil fuel usage. Igniting fireworks in these areas could cause vegetation to catch on fire and lead to a deadly wild fire. As an extra precaution, it's always a good idea to contact your local fire Marshall for information relating to fireworks usage. 

Be sure that fireworks are legal in your area. Many states and towns have laws and ordinances prohibiting firework usage. If you live in an area where firework usage is restricted, please abide by these rules so you do not put yourself and your neighbors at risk. Many of these communities offer larger controlled Fourth of July celebrations. 

If you live in a residential area, odds are it might be under an HOA. Please be sure to double check your HOA bylaws to ensure there are no provisions against igniting fireworks. 

If your HOA permits firework usage you should, out of curtesy, politely inform each of the residents in your neighborhood that you are planning on setting off fire works well ahead of time in order to give them ample warning. Be sure to tell them what time you plan set off your fireworks so you do not surprise anyone. 

If your neighbors give you the okay, it is important to ensure that you handle the fireworks very carefully. fireworks are deadly explosives and they can cause serious injury or death if handled improperly. 

Many of your neighbors have work on the 5th and need to wake up early. It is usually considered impolite to be setting off fireworks after 9:30. Make sure you get all your fun in before most people go to sleep.

Happy Fourth!
View Quote

NOT SURE IF SERIOUS.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:21:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:28:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Glad you aren't my neighbor. FFS
View Quote
No shit.

I just saw a Facebook thread full of fuckin' hand-wringers whining about fireworks, and how people need to call the cops.

What a nation of pussies we've become.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:33:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

The local county seats fireworks display was last night.
Every year the organizers complain that donations fell short.
I'm guessing that this years donations must have been REALLY short, based on the quality of the fireworks show.
Otherwise, the best explanation is that the liberal majority finally agreed amongst themselves that any patriotic display of fireworks is a bad thing.
People were arriving for two hours. I'm thinking the entire display must have been 30 minutes at best.
Then everyone who arrived over 2 hours tried to leave all at once.
Some of the local villages put on a much better display, and thought about the aftermath by having bands play after the fireworks so that people stuck around for the music rather than trying to leave all at once....
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:38:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Dude I've been drinking since 8 am fuck the rules.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:45:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If you are planning on setting off fireworks this Fourth of July, be sure to abide by these simple guidelines...
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:46:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Looks like this guy didn't get the HOA memo...

Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:47:48 PM EDT
[#44]
OP was wearing a Hall Monitor sash while he was typing up that drivel.
OP hates America and Freedom.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:48:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Motherfuckin' Bootleg Fireworks (Funny Subtitle Version)

Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:52:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Where's nogunsal?
I haven't heard from him/her since the gunsnet days.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:00:47 PM EDT
[#48]
First three sentences-  

Then....
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:03:59 PM EDT
[#49]
LOL

Seriously, the fire thing is good advice though
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:14:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Who's troll account are you? 3 yrs is a long time to wait. Lol
View Quote
Your concern has also been noted.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top