Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/5/2017 7:39:31 AM EDT
Can anyone provide a link to some good option for 5 gallon gas/jerry cans please.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 7:42:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 7:46:13 AM EDT
[#2]
everything you want to know about gas cans thread in survival forum
https://www.ar15.com/forums/outdoors/FUEL-CAN-ORACLE/17-643480/

check the most recent pages for any known sellers as the supply varies
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 7:47:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
everything you want to know about gas cans thread in survival forum
https://www.ar15.com/forums/outdoors/FUEL-CAN-ORACLE/17-643480/

check the most recent pages for any known sellers as the supply varies
View Quote
Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 7:51:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thanks.
View Quote
the ones by kalihijacks are probably about the going rate now.

due to carb rules, there are a lot of "water" containters sold now, that can be used for gas (check the tread on how to tell if they are okay or not)

also, the thread talks about what to look for in jerry cans and also talks about the plastic racing style containers.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 7:51:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I have ten of These. They do not leak. They are fully welded, great paint and coated inside and out. I carried 4 with me to southeast Texas last week while conducting rescues and resupply. I don't know how much gas I transferred to people from those cans to fill generators and gas cans but it was a lot. I can't speak for anyone else's experience but these are the only ones I'll buy.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 7:52:56 AM EDT
[#6]
dont be poor

dont be poor

dont be poor
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 7:54:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a dozen of the TSG 5 Gallon jugs from Walmart. They have all been "fixed" with the water kits from Amazon. I have most of them filled with non-ethanol gas in preparation for hurricane season. I wouldn't recommend very long storage with them, but they are fine for a few months during hurricane season.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 8:07:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Are these legit?

Scepter Can
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 8:22:34 AM EDT
[#9]
This is what you seek.  

I buy them in packs of 5 and wait for free shipping deals (just got free shipping over the Labor Day weekend)

I have more than 20 of these and they are definitely GTG
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 8:25:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Actually, today is the last day of the Labor Day FREE SHIPPING DEAL

Don't forget to buy the SPOUTS.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 8:26:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Are these legit?

Scepter Can
View Quote
that is the water can, not the one meant for fuel.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 8:27:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 8:27:59 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't know. I went with metal ones.

there is a thread that seems to say there are some made with thinner plastic now, so you may want to call and check
https://www.ar15.com/forums/outdoors/Scepter-fuel-cans/18-689580/?

also you'll have to replace the gasket, and they may leak

do searches like this, in bing or google

(search term without paren) site:ar15.com

e.g.

scepter water can gas site:ar15.com
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 8:31:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Looks like the Roverparts and deutscheoptik cans are the same cans.  Going to go this route.  Is there a big difference in the flexi and straight spout?
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 8:37:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Looks like the Roverparts and deutscheoptik cans are the same cans.  Going to go this route.  Is there a big difference in the flexi and straight spout?
View Quote
I have a straight spout and don't like it very much. I bought a big metal offset funnel and also use a super siphon when needed.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 8:42:03 AM EDT
[#16]
How long can I safely store ethanol free 87 octane gas in these in my garage out of the sun before rotating it out roughly?
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 8:59:23 AM EDT
[#17]
OST....
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 9:27:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How long can I safely store ethanol free 87 octane gas in these in my garage out of the sun before rotating it out roughly?
View Quote
I've stored ethanol free 87 octane mixed with 1 oz of marine Sta-Bil or 1 oz of Seafoam (depending on what I have on hand) for over a year outdoors out of direct sunlight and the fuel worked fine in a lawn mower and in my vehicles.  

I love those NATO cans.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 9:33:47 AM EDT
[#19]
I bought some of the gunwritr deal and like them. The wavian spout is amazing. Put it on the can, turn can upside down, set into fuel inlet and watch every drop end up in tank. Sometimes it didn't want to breath properly but still worth it. The cans on wavian's site with spout are $80 but they say they are legal in 50 states which to me is a big deal. The spout I believe is carb approved. My polish cans rubbed paint off each other when transported in the back of a truck. Even if you don't get the wavian cans, definitely look at the spout.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 9:38:39 AM EDT
[#20]
I am glad I have several of the older Bitz and similar plastic containers.   Not suitable for all users but for home use they are great.

EZ Pour spouts fit them well.

$67 for a metal can seems high to me
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 9:40:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Ohio prep supply had NATO cans from (I think) Poland.  They work great for my needs.  $20 ea
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 10:08:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
I add Stabil per instructions and a little Sea Foam and rotate into my vehicles after a year. I know it will last longer but one year is when I do it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 10:09:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I am glad I have several of the older Bitz and similar plastic containers.   Not suitable for all users but for home use they are great.

EZ Pour spouts fit them well.

$67 for a metal can seems high to me
View Quote
The link I posted is for all metal, fully welded cans at $156.00 for 4 with free shipping and they are great cans. there are a lot of knock off cans made in China etc.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 10:13:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Ohio prep supply had NATO cans from (I think) Poland.  They work great for my needs.  $20 ea
View Quote
Were they lined or unlined?
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 10:21:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those are 2.6 gallon (10 Liter). They are coated inside and out.
http://www.ohioprepsupply.com/brands/Jerry-Can.html

the estimated shipping to me was $22.10 for 2 cans. So over $30.00 per can for 2.6 gallon cans.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 10:23:31 AM EDT
[#26]
the euro military gas... er, I mean um, WATER cans,  are fucking awesome. I have 8 , 5 gallon versions and they are awesome. I also have one 2.5 gallon can as well.. its perfect for a chainsaw gas can.   make sure to buy extra nozzels.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 10:50:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

the estimated shipping to me was $22.10 for 2 cans. So over $30.00 per can for 2.6 gallon cans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered 2 of these cans last year from Ohioprep.

Well the quality is not that great, one can wobbles, uneven bottom, and the spout leaks.

Seems like some made in china shit to me.

Would be worth it, if they where $10 a piece with free shipping.

Would pay more for better quality.

So I'll be buying some septers, at least they won't clang clang and set nice and even on the ground.

I did try to get a hold of ohio prep numerous times, but phone goes to voice mail

234-400-9951

Fuck those guys
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 10:52:27 AM EDT
[#28]
For my lowly tier 87 lawnmower fueling adventures I went with an Eagle type 2 safety can.  It's awesome.

Link Posted: 9/5/2017 10:53:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
When ordering the 5 gal cans last year 8 was the shipping sweet spot.  Worked out to $5/can shipping.  Find that sweet spot and sell the ones you don't need locally.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 10:55:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Sceptre - unfortunately the only place I know to get them is Canada. I bought a couple last time I was there, will probably pick up a bunch next time we go....
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Are these legit?

Scepter Can
View Quote
yes, I have two that I picked up in Canada on my last trip there. Will be getting more when we drive up again.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 11:03:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 11:05:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Sceptre - unfortunately the only place I know to get them is Canada. I bought a couple last time I was there, will probably pick up a bunch next time we go....
View Quote
Do you even Amazon?

Here besides Canada
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 11:16:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Not a jerry can, but I bought one of these in the one gallon size. It will outlast me, and no leaks. Consider the weight of the 5 gallon can and the ease of use given the configuration.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#35]
I like these as they wont fall over if not secured in the back of the truck.
Only about $35 and have sealed spring loaded cap.
They will not stack and store like jerry cans, but I don't store that much.

Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:15:32 PM EDT
[#36]
The nozzle I have for my Jerry Cans leak like crazy.  I guess I need new gaskets but I don't think the nozzle is the best quality.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:43:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/200513/download-299673.jpg
View Quote
I'm learning to hate those. If there is pressure in the can the round spout can spray to the side and get you. If you turn it up it will splash. Its difficult to control the valve or pour out the last quart. If they are the safety style like the ones pictured above they are probably ok but I'll pass on them from now on.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:50:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'm learning to hate those. If there is pressure in the can the round spout can spray to the side and get you. If you turn it up it will splash. Its difficult to control the valve or pour out the last quart. If they are the safety style like the ones pictured above they are probably ok but I'll pass on them from now on.
View Quote
I always release any pressure slowly before pouring, have not experienced any splashing using the attached funnel.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 2:05:56 AM EDT
[#39]
any thoughts on this can?  is it GTG?  would I be an asshole for storing this in my attached garage under my house?

Style:

Meets OSHA & NFPA For Handling Hazardous liquids  
Made of galvanized steel                        
  •                      Large ID zone permits user labeling of contents to avoid misuse
  •  Stainless steel flame arrester for exceptional corrosion protection – reliably dissipates heat to prevent flashback ignition •
    Long 3-1/2" (88mm) length arrester allows safe, secure placement of gas nozzle.
    Gasoline, Gas-Oily Mixture, Kerosine, Diesel
  •  Ergonomic offset fill port with comfort lift lever makes filling easier than ever Easy-to-use Safe-Squeeze® trigger for accurate control of liquid flow
  •  Self-closing lid controls vapors and spills

Link Posted: 9/6/2017 2:08:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
any thoughts on this can?  is it GTG?  would I be an asshole for storing this in my attached garage under my house?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71rwYp%2BjQuL._SL1500_.jpg
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81Eorugf-2L._SL1500_.jpg
                       Style:

Made of galvanized steel                        
  •                      Large ID zone permits user labeling of contents to avoid misuse
  •  Stainless steel flame arrester for exceptional corrosion protection – reliably dissipates heat to prevent flashback ignition •
  •  Ergonomic offset fill port with comfort lift lever makes filling easier than ever Easy-to-use Safe-Squeeze® trigger for accurate control of liquid flow

View Quote
I have had great luck with mine! 
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 2:21:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I have had great luck with mine! 
View Quote
Does this can use a gasket on the lid?  If so, what type?
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 2:32:05 AM EDT
[#42]
~$14 at Costco. They are "green cans" but I prefer that kind for my uses.

Scepter 5.3 gal

Link Posted: 9/6/2017 2:38:18 AM EDT
[#43]
This won't be a popular option here....but honestly, once these came out and I bought one, I didn't see the urgent need for jerry cans anymore.

Exponentially superior to any gas can I've ever used prior to it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 2:48:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Does this can use a gasket on the lid?  If so, what type?
View Quote
I'll have to look when I go to work later this morning.  I just know I haven't had any leak issues.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 4:31:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Well the quality is not that great, one can wobbles, uneven bottom, and the spout leaks.

So I'll be buying some septers, at least they won't clang clang and set nice and even on the ground.

I did try to get a hold of ohio prep numerous times, but phone goes to voice mail

234-400-9951

Fuck those guys
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

234-400-9951

Fuck those guys
There have been some threads on those in the past. IIRC they have a non-standard venting system that doesn't seem to work as well as the standard NATO can types, and the spouts are not interchangeable with standard cans.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 6:48:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/200513/download-299673.jpg
View Quote
It's impossible to fill a car with that one.  They work great on a top loading tank.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 7:16:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It's impossible to fill a car with that one.  They work great on a top loading tank.
View Quote
Although I use mine for my mower, I have put gas in my chevy truck several times, if you want the whole 5 gallons just use a funnel in the tank.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 7:28:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
This won't be a popular option here....but honestly, once these came out and I bought one, I didn't see the urgent need for jerry cans anymore.

Exponentially superior to any gas can I've ever used prior to it.
View Quote
I've got one of those No-Spill 5 gallon for gas, and a 1 gallon for mix. I really love these gas cans compared to the standard plastic gas can that I had previously. My only complaint is that it can take a while to pour out the full 5 gallons if you need to.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 9:37:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Style:

Made of galvanized steel                        

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Style:

Made of galvanized steel                        

I have a couple of those and have been very happy with them. Note that they will self vent if their internal pressure gets high enough. Per the manufacturer:

Sealed lid features automatic positive-pressure relief that vents between 3 and 5 psig (0.2 and 0.35 bar) to protect against explosion.
While I use a mix of Scepter and jerry cans for storage, I use the Justrite safety cans for day to day use.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 9:51:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Do you even Amazon?

Here besides Canada
View Quote
Unavailable?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top