Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2017 10:34:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 10:44:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Did I make it in before the nevertrumps?
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 10:44:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Too much compromise.  All illegals (dreamers etc) need to go back and apply for admittance legally. Period.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 10:44:44 PM EDT
[#3]
MAGA!
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 10:46:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 10:47:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Too much compromise.  All illegals (dreamers etc) need to go back and apply for admittance legally. Period.
View Quote
It's DOA anyway:  the Dems and the RINOs will never go along with it.

But it puts them in an awkward situation when it comes to the Dreamer bill:  If they vote for that, but none of this, then the Republicans will catch hell on election day in 2018.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 10:48:07 PM EDT
[#6]
didn't read but I bet they say there's 11 million illegals in the US right?
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 10:49:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Mcshitstain will vote against it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 10:49:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
didn't read but I bet they say there's 11 million illegals in the US right?
View Quote
More llike 33 million
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 10:52:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Get it done.  Build the wall, too.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 10:53:23 PM EDT
[#10]
The list didn't look too bad at a glance, I'm no expert though. Looked like state and local would be able to detain on immigration. As for dreamers, the whole thing is the shit sandwich that everyone has to take a bite.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 10:59:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The list didn't look too bad at a glance, I'm no expert though. Looked like state and local would be able to detain on immigration. As for dreamers, the whole thing is the shit sandwich that everyone has to take a bite.
View Quote
The Dreamers portion isn't that bad because this bill ends "chain migration" for immigrants, i.e. when Jose gets citizenship he can bring in the rest of the family.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 11:00:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Lost me at legalizing DACA. Absolutely no compromise on the issue if you want votes in 2020.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 11:06:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Lost me at legalizing DACA. Absolutely no compromise on the issue if you want votes in 2020.
View Quote
I'll take it.  From what I can tell this bill basically repeals the 1965 Immigration Act in its entirety, and gives us tougher enforcement and a wall, too.  If letting 800,000 Dreamers stay here is the price I have to pay to shut off the immigration spigot entirely and make our borders airtight, then I'll take that deal.

But then that's why this bill is DOA:  The Democrats will never go along with it.  However, just by proposing this Trump is putting the squishy Republicans in a bind.  If they vote against this, but pass the Dreamers bill, then they will be clobbered on election day.

In other words, this bill has effectively killed the Dreamer bill, because there is no way the House will pass it without passing some of Trump's plan -- and that ain't gonna happen.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 11:10:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 11:13:45 PM EDT
[#15]
To get a perspective of what Trump is proposing here in regards to Dreamers and immigration, imagine if the White House agreed to a bump stock ban in exchange for the repeal of the 1968 Gun Control Act.

This is why the Dems will never go along with this.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 11:33:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

More llike 33 million
View Quote
Picture the dems getting control and granting amnesty and citizenship to all illegals and 33 million come out of the shadows.
No republican would ever win again and of course that is exactly what the loons on the left want, the heck with what that would do to this nation.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 11:41:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Given this list, I bet Dreamers will be deported because the Democrat Party will block the bill. The 6 month clock is ticking.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 12:30:31 AM EDT
[#18]
I like how some Democrat in the article basically said that it's too much to ask for the dreamers to follow the law.  Also, I can't believe that border agents currently are required to let people waltz on through if they have a destination and it takes something like this to allow them to do their job.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 3:10:59 AM EDT
[#19]
MK262's 5 point plan. Simple and efficient.

Point one: If you are not born to parents with legal immigration status, you're not an American citizen.

Point two: If you're not here legally, get out, or we'll kick you out.

Point three: Kick out illegals that didn't remove themselves.

Point four: Build wall and enforce border security like a mofo

Point five: make it a $5 million dollar penalty for hiring an illegal for each instance an illegal is hired by an employer. This will dry up the job market for illegal labor. Without jobs available, there will be nothing to lure illegals to come here.

The end.

The 65 other points can go into the trash.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 3:13:33 AM EDT
[#20]
There is only one point that matters, A WALL. Everything else is either window dressing or amnesty by another name.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 3:51:54 AM EDT
[#21]
That's impossible..the nevertrumpers said that this president wasn't going to do anything about illegals, a wall or daca...
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 3:53:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Get it done.  Build the wall, too.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 6:45:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Trumps plan seems like a good start.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 7:27:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
That's impossible..the nevertrumpers said that this president wasn't going to do anything about illegals, a wall or daca...
View Quote
Trump said Mexico was going to pay for the wall...

People change.

Sometimes they change while they are in office... "Read my lips, no new taxes..."

"Mexico will pay for it..."

Lol.

Still better every day that Trump got elected, and not Hillary.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:05:08 AM EDT
[#25]
70 points is ridiculous. It'll be so convoluted it can't be understood and/or will be open to multiple interpretations so will achieve nothing. Not even gonna look at it. This shouldn't be hard.

Point 1: Enforce current immigration laws.
Point 2: Illegal is illegal.
Point 3: If illegal, go voluntarily or be removed.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:08:28 AM EDT
[#26]
70 points? That's 68 too many.

1. You have to go back-Deport
2. Build wall

Bjohnson 2 point plan. Where are my co sponsors at?
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 12:52:40 PM EDT
[#27]
“My style of deal-making is quite simple and straightforward,” Trump wrote in his 1987 bestseller. “I aim very high, and then I just keep pushing and pushing and pushing to get what I’m after. Sometimes I settle for less than I sought, but in most cases I still end up with what I want.”
The White House’s list of immigration priorities to Congressional leaders Sunday aims quite high. “It’s not quite the ‘In Trump We Trust’ Trump, but at least it’s not ‘Marco Rubio Trump,'” conservative author Ann Coulter told The Daily Caller Monday.
The 70-point immigration plan includes a border wall funding request, the hiring of 10,000 additional Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers, eliminating loopholes to make it simpler to deport unaccompanied illegal immigrant minors and implementing a merit-based immigration system that would likely halve legal immigration.
http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/09/trumps-immigration-plan-is-straight-out-of-the-art-of-the-deal/
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 2:48:05 PM EDT
[#28]
I remember when the "Gang of 8" was casitagted on arfcom.

I remember when they were torn-up for being liberals.

They were going to build a wall, increase border security, hire more Feds to enforce the wall, force businesses to hire only legal immigrants, and have stiffer penalties for businesses that import labor, and give immigrants who wait in line for status, worker status.

I remember when that was labeled "liberal."

The end result was worker status for formerly illegal immigrants who went through the process of becoming legal.

Trump promises everything the "Gang of 8" promised, but instead of "worker status" (where they can be deported if they break the law) Trump is going to make all of the "Dreamers" citizens...? And citizenship is on the table?

The Democrat Party is going to pretend to be mad at Trump, trash talk Trump, all while praying to the Gods of abortion, entitlements, more taxes, gun laws, and illegal votes that it passes...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top