Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2017 12:19:00 PM EDT
Helping out a friend who's nephew overdosed clean the nephews house, found a bunch of spoons in the freezer.  It was a heroin overdose, so I'm assuming it has something to do with that, but why freeze the spoons?
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:20:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't have to wash them?
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:37:41 PM EDT
[#2]
>Got high
>sudden inspiration to do dishes
>washes forks and knives
>starts on spoons
>gets hungry for ice cream
>opens freezer and puts down spoons
>picks up ice cream and forgets the spoons
>overdoses
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#3]
To protect them from Yuri Geller.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:49:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Not sure why the freezer, but are the bottoms of the spoons burnt? I watched my dad do it. Mexican heroin and water in a spoon. Heat it up until its a liquid then plunge it up in the needle. Cooking cocaine/crack is similar but you add a little baking soda and water, cook it then a little ice its will harden up to a rock.
The things you learn being a junkies kid
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:51:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Might have been withdrawing badly, and trying to release any trace of substance still stuck on the used spoons to get a tiny little dose.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:53:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Weird.  Hiding the burnt spoons out of the way?  Or maybe pressing a cold spoon on the skin is some way to try to hide track marks?
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 1:06:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I know a lot of addicts who have used Kratom to quit opioids. It's pretty much the only thing I've ever seen people have LONG TERM success with. Withdrawal is fucking brutal from these drugs, that's why they are the gold standard of addiction. Hell, opioids are the first drugs that pretty much all humans are exposed to...due to the casomorphin in a mother's breast milk (nature's way to calm a grouchy, hungry baby.)

I don't judge addicts. It's completely understandable how someone who is prescribed pills for legit pain could become a heroin junkie...and some people are especially predisposed to that weakness. And then there is long term post-acute withdrawal. With Kratom, they can stop hard opiods cold turkey and gradually reduce the K dose to cessation. They will still withdraw from the Kratom, but it lasts a few days and then it's over. It's nothing compared to heroin withdrawal...nothing.

If they ever feel the need to relapse back to hard opiods, then having K on standby gives them something to take that craving away on the spot. The stuff is about $45/lb if you know where to look and depending on your state laws, it is completely legal. The pharmaceutical companies absolutely want to ban the stuff and they are dumping millions in to lobbying for that ban. It cuts in to their profits for chronic pain management...and it's an entire world of difference in how safe it is compared to the poison that they peddle. The worst part is, it helps people to stop being dependent on their product....taking their power away. It also works wonders for alcoholics who want to quit drinking.

I'm partial to the white vein maeng da strain.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 1:08:20 PM EDT
[#8]
2nd guess. He wants to save the residue on the spoon?
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 1:20:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Are the spoons clean? Where they hidden, or could they have possibly just been dropped while searching for ice cream or something?

I've been around a lot of people who IV'd opiates, and know of no reason to freeze spoons?

Either way, best wishes for him. He has a long and hard road ahead.
I'd suggest Imodium to help a little with withdraw before Krantom, just because it is also a opioid receptor antagonist itself, but the poster above who suggested it to help with cravings is definitely offering a valid suggestion if the family is open to trying that
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I have some knowledge of this topic, but I know of no practical reason to put spoons in the freezer. I suspect it's a complete high people do inexplicable shit thing.
It's because, I'll type this slow, here, because they're fucked up. They call it that because it's exactly unlike got their shit straight.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 1:41:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd suggest Imodium to help a little with withdraw before Krantom, just because it is also a opioid receptor antagonist itself, but the poster above who suggested it to help with cravings is definitely offering a valid suggestion if the family is open to trying that
View Quote
Yep, Loperamide can help slightly. You can get it at the $1 store, too.

Alcohol also reduces the symptoms of withdrawal to some extent.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 1:44:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Are the spoons clean? Where they hidden, or could they have possibly just been dropped while searching for ice cream or something?

I've been around a lot of people who IV'd opiates, and know of no reason to freeze spoons?

View Quote
His nephew died from the overdose unfortunately.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 1:52:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm sorry to hear that.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 1:55:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Everyone that clicked on this thread should be ashamed.
The Op was calling for drug experts.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Everyone that clicked on this thread should be ashamed.
The Op was calling for drug experts.
View Quote
No shame here. I know a lot about certain types of drugs...others, not so much.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 2:04:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Mabye it does something when the stuff is mixed on the cold spoon? Have no idea as my drugs are nicotine and pussy.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck....
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 3:31:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
They were clean, not hidden and neatly stacked in the freezer.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 3:34:08 PM EDT
[#19]
A nurse once told me that a trick they would use to make a patient's erection subside is to place a cold spoon on the head.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 5:22:03 PM EDT
[#20]
bump for answers.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Honestly, the most likely answer is just that he was high and not thinking and just sat them there after doing the dishes or something. There isn't any heroin related reason to put spoons in the freezer
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 7:31:53 PM EDT
[#22]
My guess, as a drug cop for 3 years before going into a different investigation field, is just a hiding spot.  A lot of people hide things in the fridge and freezer because it's a place in your house others generally won't look.

I've found a ton of drugs in the freezer, has nothing to do with keeping it fresh or any of that BS, just a decent easy access hiding spot
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top