Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/26/2017 8:18:48 AM EDT
... was Jeff Sessions recusing himself from the Russia investigation.

I never would have guessed that.  I'm sure it wasn't planned, but now Trump's Admin has no ties to it.  It's Dems having to destroy Dems.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:20:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I never would have guessed that.  I'm sure it wasn't planned, but now Trump's Admin has no ties to it.  It's Dems having to destroy Dems.
View Quote

Makes you wonder what he knew, and when he knew it
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:21:37 AM EDT
[#2]
While I want immediate satisfaction, I am forced to admit, intellectually, that delaying till the mid terms kick off for bomb shells is smart politics.

we will not drain the swamp immediately.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:27:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Y'all are giving Trump and Sessions too much credit.   I'll take a win however it comes though, if indeed this is ever some sort of a win.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:33:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Y'all are giving Trump and Sessions too much credit.   I'll take a win however it comes though, if indeed this is ever some sort of a win.
View Quote
Conjecture.

Bigly.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:34:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
While I want immediate satisfaction, I am forced to admit, intellectually, that delaying till the mid terms kick off for bomb shells is smart politics.

View Quote

He is draining it.  What a beautiful thing!
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:35:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Rosenstein and Mueller are tied up into the Uranium 1 coverup.   It would be fantastic to see them, Holder, and Clinton perp walked because of it.  Session revised himself from the election investigation, but doesn't mean he can't investigate the Uranium 1 conspiracy.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:35:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have to agree with this.  I'm not convinced it was on purpose, but it's still a beautiful thing!
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:37:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Too much credit?

I've been one that thought he never had a chance at accomplishing anything politically but he defied the odds.  

Here again he comes out on top.  

The problem isn't too much credit, it is underestimating him.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:40:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
I questioned keeping some of the Obama administration on but it looks like he'll be able to put those former Obama administration officials in prison and no one will be able to complain that he is going after the previous administration because he is cleaning up people in his own administration.

After cleaning up his own administration he'll have an excuse to keep going after people who weren't held over too.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:45:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have to agree with this.  I'm not convinced it was on purpose, but it's still a beautiful thing!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trump and co are either some of the most mastermindful people to have graced the political landscape in many years

or

Some of the luckiest sons of bitches to have ever bumbled their way into position to save this country.

I'll take either, thanks.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:46:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Once again: Trump is beating them at 3D chess, while the dims are sitting on the other side of the board eating the checkers.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:47:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
And they won't go without a fight either.

The game is afoot!!

Tally Ho!
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:48:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just keeeep telling yourself that. Whatever helps you get through the night
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:49:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Can someone explain how Sessions is involved and how his recusal affects everything?
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:51:00 AM EDT
[#15]
I guess we now know why Mrs Clinton went into a rage and drank herself under on election night.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:53:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Too much credit?

I've been one that thought he never had a chance at accomplishing anything politically but he defied the odds.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Too much credit?

That's what I see too.  The silly tweets are to keep the enemy off balance.  Trump has obviously read "The Art of War."
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:54:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Eventually years from now there will be a book published and we'll find that, as remarkable as it may seem, this was all strategy.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:59:03 AM EDT
[#18]
MAGA
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:10:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Trump and co are either some of the most mastermindful people to have graced the political landscape in many years

or

Some of the luckiest sons of bitches to have ever bumbled their way into position to save this country.

View Quote
WHAT HE SAID

Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:10:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Can someone explain how Sessions is involved and how his recusal affects everything?
View Quote
Read the original post again.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:12:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
It makes you wonder if we are tho.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:16:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

or

View Quote
Maybe a little of both but the man himself knew he was absolutely clean regarding the Russians so he followed Sun Tzu's rule, don't interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:17:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Trump has been swimming with sharks his whole life. His opposition is coddled life-long public sector parasites. They can’t operate on n the same level.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:17:23 AM EDT
[#24]
food for thought:

Some incredibly wealthy people and companies have think tanks that do research and run game theory. Aside from his public advisers and cabinet, I would bet Trump has a group of very talented people that the public doesn’t know about running the numbers and creating strategy models. Put on task to MAGA.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:28:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

wrong from the beginning

then has moment of clarity

reinvigorates position of ignorance
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:33:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
food for thought:

Some incredibly wealthy people and companies have think tanks that do research and run game theory. Aside from his public advisers and cabinet, I would bet Trump has a group of very talented people that the public doesn’t know about running the numbers and creating strategy models. Put on task to MAGA.
View Quote
I know he does.

He also has advisors from the private sector that are simply friends. That aren't white house staff or collecting a dime.  They've been friends of his for a long time.

While I do believe Trump has gotten lucky on some level. At the same time he has also played a very good game. While probably having the most opposed and hard beginning to a presidency ever.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:36:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

or

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

or

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good, and if you're really good at being lucky, you can pull it off like it was planned luck
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:48:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Maybe a little of both but the man himself knew he was absolutely clean regarding the Russians so he followed Sun Tzu's rule, don't interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake.
View Quote
I've been saying since early in the primaries that Trump is laying well planned ambushes when he makes his controversial "off the cuff" statements (well, most of them), not bumbling around foolishly, but I never would have credited him with the hunter's patience and control over his own ego necessary to spend almost a year in office suffering that stream of abuse and accusation for something he didn't do just to let the real traitors assemble their own trap around them.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:39:46 AM EDT
[#29]
What a shitty time to be a never trump.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:48:23 AM EDT
[#30]
I think it is wishful thinking of the part of #NeverTrumpers and liberals to think that every single shrewd move President Trump has made from before taking office until know was due to luck.

He's been right every time.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:50:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

or

View Quote
 Me too. But I’ll admit that I sure hope y’all are right about this. Last week I wanted sessions head on a platter for not doing a damn thing and seemingly plotting against Trump. 
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:51:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

or

View Quote
It isn't luck and it is not all strategy.  There is divine intervention in this one.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:53:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
I see things a little different, I think Sessions recused himself for the sole reason of getting Mueller to investigate Trump. I think Sessions is there to protect the swamp given how McConnell was so quick to threaten Trump about firing him, problem is this thing is getting too big for Sessions to handle. Mueller was supposed to bring down the Trump admin already and now there are problems.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:54:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Trump has been swimming with sharks his whole life. His opposition is coddled life-long public sector parasites. They can’t operate on n the same level.
View Quote
Perfect.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#35]
4D chess
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:55:06 AM EDT
[#36]
I think the meeting Trump had with Mike Rogers as President-elect was quite informative for him.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:55:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Good observation.

Is this another 4D chess thingy?
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:55:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Don't much care how it happened....but MAGA!
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:01:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Dilly Dilly...MAGA
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:02:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is a good summery.  Politicians are pretty well insulated from prosecution and therefore they get complacent and careless.  This explains some of the absolute stupid moves they make because they have no fear of indictment.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 12:19:15 PM EDT
[#41]
LOL, no.
Mueller is a Clinton plant sent in to protect the D's at all costs.
You've got R's like Gowdy lining up to say what a great guy Mueller is now.
He's going to come down with some BS indictment for Manafort (that will be settled by a no jail time plea) & then he will declare that nobody else did anything wrong, right before sealing all the records so nobody can see them.
It will be cited as gospel by D's & RINO's alike - they will all line up again to say how satisfied they are & that a new special prosecutor is not needed.

Sessions was one of the dumbest things that Trump did so far.

He should have started fulfilling his campaign promises on day one - starting with a special prosecutor (of his choosing) on his first day.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 12:20:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sessions recusal leaves an 0bama appointee in charge of the DOJ...
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 12:24:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It isn't luck and it is not all strategy.  There is divine intervention in this one.
View Quote
It seems to apply to everything Trump.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I see things a little different, I think Sessions recused himself for the sole reason of getting Mueller to investigate Trump. I think Sessions is there to protect the swamp given how McConnell was so quick to threaten Trump about firing him, problem is this thing is getting too big for Sessions to handle. Mueller was supposed to bring down the Trump admin already and now there are problems.
View Quote
Yep - don't forget that the Russian dossier was started by an R during the primary, then shifted over to Clinton/DNC for the general (where they illegally hired a foreign national & then lied about it on their campaign finance disclosures).
Most likely the R was McCain (or he was at least intimately involved in it) - that's McConnell's best swamp buddy that he has to protect...
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 12:25:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
What's the old saying?

"I'd rather be lucky than good."
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 12:27:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Eventually years from now there will be a book published and we'll find that, as remarkable as it may seem, this was all strategy.
View Quote
Even if it isn't, I would still write the book saying it was...

Link Posted: 10/26/2017 12:43:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yet Trump continues to criticize Sessions for  recusing himself.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 12:44:11 PM EDT
[#48]
4D chess....

Never Trumpers:  <crickets>
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 12:45:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
In order to win, we need winning players on our team.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 12:47:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
He was appointed by Trump with Dems blessing.

By recusing himself, his hands are clean.  He didn't have to even get dirty because Mueller (their savior) turns out to be the dirt they were looking for.

They shot themselves in the foot without Sessions even lifting a finger.  They can't blame him for meddling.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top