Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 9:49:20 PM EDT
[#1]
They need to scrap that nonsense and just bring back the Bar None.  Best candy bar ever.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 9:53:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The article is wrong; Hershey makes (or made) a mint cookies and cream bar. It's delicious.
View Quote
Oh yeah, those are good. I wonder why they don't qualify for this distinction.

My favorite is a cookies and cream white chocolate bar. Always loved those.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 10:02:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 10:14:49 PM EDT
[#4]
dont want pretzels in my chocolate
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 10:24:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm predicting, that crumbling that up and using it as a topping on one's favorite ice cream would be FUCKING EPIC!

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 10:30:13 PM EDT
[#6]
will try

Link Posted: 11/1/2017 10:30:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The article is wrong; Hershey makes (or made) a mint cookies and cream bar. It's delicious.
View Quote
Yep. Also, Hershey with almonds, Hershey Symphony...
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 10:40:18 PM EDT
[#8]
kind of want.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 10:56:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd like a retro bar. One made like back in the fifties and sixties. Their chocolate isn't the same.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 11:06:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 11:47:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 12:27:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
No thanks....  

Hershey used to make a lot of chocolate in Canada and the USA.  I don't know about the actual US plants, but the Canadian plant in Smiths Falls Ontario was shuttered and all production was moved to Mexico.  The plant is now a medical marijuana facility.....

Mexican Hershey's?  Um, no.  You can keep it.  I stopped buying any Hersey product when they outsourced it to Mexico.

Fuck em
View Quote
They also shut down the Oakdale, CA (near Modesto) plant.  One of the problems facing candy makers is the price of sugar in the US.  Thanks to restrictions on sugar imports to prop up the domestic sugar industry, we lose jobs in the candy making industry due to lower cost of sugar in other countries.  Thanks Congress!
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 1:16:58 AM EDT
[#13]
And still not as good as a Snickers.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 1:20:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I was expecting to hear that they'd come out with Hershey's Butt Plugs. 
http://www.citymetric.com/sites/default/files/images/457771756.jpg
View Quote
Melts in your mouth not in your ass.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 1:27:55 AM EDT
[#15]
My favorite chocolate hands down is Scho Ka Kola. It's a bitter sweet dark chocolate and you have to order it from Europe. It can't be sold in the US because it sounds too close to Coca Cola. I was told this by a company rep. I actually heard about this stuff on here.

Link Posted: 11/2/2017 1:32:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Hershey's is dead to me after they decided to quit making Bar None bars back in 1995.

The bastards!

Link Posted: 11/2/2017 1:33:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Grackles ate my Krackle.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 1:40:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Better than Crunchy Frog.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The vilest of confectioneries.
Better than Crunchy Frog.
Or Anthrax Ripple.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 2:21:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
No thanks....  

Hershey used to make a lot of chocolate in Canada and the USA.  I don't know about the actual US plants, but the Canadian plant in Smiths Falls Ontario was shuttered and all production was moved to Mexico.  The plant is now a medical marijuana facility.....

Mexican Hershey's?  Um, no.  You can keep it.  I stopped buying any Hersey product when they outsourced it to Mexico.

Fuck em
View Quote
Hershey has always sucked. Gritty, waxy, nasty.
The only worse chocolate I have ever had came from China. Or those gold coins...
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 2:28:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
And Hershey’s Symphony... among others.

Looking at the source, journalistic incompetence is to be expected.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 2:37:22 AM EDT
[#21]
I don't think anything can top Cookies 'N Cream...
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 3:13:10 AM EDT
[#22]

Dat's wacist  !  !  !

Link Posted: 11/2/2017 6:38:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How long has the Cookies and Creme flavor been around?

ETA: I guess it was the last "new" one, at 1994.

It's still the current "best" one, and looking at what the next one is, will remain the best Hershey's bar, so far.

ETA: Unless they decide to make the mint Cookies and Creme bars again, those were awesome. Irc they also made a white chocolate bar with pieces of Candy Cane, too. Journalists, can't even research fucking Hershey's bar history without fucking it up.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ec/ed/47/eced4736e907a2b3057c4c19a2cf3654.jpg
https://www.thehersheycompany.com/content/dam/corporate-us/images/productimages/34000_01382_000/34000_01382_000_Item_Front.png/_jcr_content/renditions/cq5dam.web.1280.1280.png
View Quote
Out of curiosity, I just dabbled around the et and figured out what initial facts the morans at MSN butchered while writing that.

Turns out, Hershey’s announced a new base flavor - “gold” with this new bar. Previous bars have been either based around “milk,” special dark” or “white” - and all chocolates.

Now it makes sense - it’s not their fourth “bar,” but fourth “flavor.”

Journalism - where failed real estate agents re-invent themselves.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 6:56:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The only worse chocolate I have ever had came from China. Or those gold coins...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No thanks....  

Fuck em
Hershey’s has started to claim they’ve improved their ingredients in their classic milk chocolate bar. Can’t say I’ve tried their new stuff.

This “caramelized creme” intrigues me, as the spelling allows plausible deniability relative to their assertions in their ingredients list: https://www.thehersheycompany.com/en_us/products/ingredient-overview.html#ffdd
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 7:02:43 AM EDT
[#25]
The author, who can’t even turn a press release into a partly informative article:

https://www.elisabethsherman.com

She also has an active presence on Twitter.

She’s appears to be like the Gym007 of journalism.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 7:08:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Mexican chocolate, meh. The hotter it is, the more wax gets put into the mix, good unadulterated chocolate should begin to melt at human body temps unless you add ingredients like wax.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 7:12:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 7:18:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Haven’t had a candy bar in more than twenty years.
Zero appeal. Not a fan of sweets in general.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 7:20:29 AM EDT
[#29]
I already had a few, they are pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 7:33:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Big whoop, they've been shit since they changed their chocolate recipe in the late 90's/early 2000's.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 7:48:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Oh, I thought it would be some LBGTWTFBBQ rainbow colored bullshit PC candy bar.
View Quote
This, but still it does not look too appetizing. I'll pass.

I will admit a weakness for plain M&M's.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 7:54:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Looks like crap.

Cacao costs more than corn syrup and coloring, so I presume that's why they didn't put this in a chocolate matrix (which might have been pretty good, I think).
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 8:03:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Well, my keto diet will be just fine.  That shit looks nasty.
View Quote
Is the first rule of keto diet to tell everyone you are on a keto diet?

Man, keto people are like crossfit people
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 8:06:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Fkin pretzels?

Pass.  
View Quote
Another scam candy bar that substitutes air filled, in this case pretzels, volume in order to create the look of a reasonably sized candy bar at a far lower cost than real candy while still charging the same price as real candy bars.  KitKat bars, Hershey Crunch bars also fall into this category. 
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 8:17:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No thanks....

Hershey used to make a lot of chocolate in Canada and the USA. I don't know about the actual US plants, but the Canadian plant in Smiths Falls Ontario was shuttered and all production was moved to Mexico. The plant is now a medical marijuana facility.....

Mexican Hershey's? Um, no. You can keep it. I stopped buying any Hersey product when they outsourced it to Mexico.

Fuck em
I don't think Hershey chocolate tastes the same as it used to.  I can't remember when that started.  I've been eating candy since the mid 1950s.  The plain chocolate Hershey bars I've had in the last few years are certainly waxy.  Adding a bunch of crap to their chocolate probably helps hide that.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 8:53:13 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm going with looks like more wax candy.  At least it isn't chocolate!
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:23:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I don't think Hershey chocolate tastes the same as it used to.  I can't remember when that started.  I've been eating candy since the mid 1950s.  The plain chocolate Hershey bars I've had in the last few years are certainly waxy.  Adding a bunch of crap to their chocolate probably helps hide that.  
View Quote
That and the fact that every candy co. keeps shrinking the size of their bars while keeping the prices the same or higher.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:51:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Was hoping they would call it the Cuck Bar
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#39]
I don't care because

a.) The only candy I like is dark chocolate, which is expensive and also part of the white patriarchy fascist power structure that systematically exploits and enslaves women of color

b.) I don't eat candy bars because I'm getting older and I don't want moobs like the rest of america
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:56:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No thanks....

Hershey used to make a lot of chocolate in Canada and the USA. I don't know about the actual US plants, but the Canadian plant in Smiths Falls Ontario was shuttered and all production was moved to Mexico. The plant is now a medical marijuana facility.....

Mexican Hershey's? Um, no. You can keep it. I stopped buying any Hersey product when they outsourced it to Mexico.

Fuck em
It's cheap crap

the public loves huge quantities of cheap crap

give the people what they want

did you ever notice the stuff people eat?

it's fat and sugar and cheap processed carbs machined expertly into food-like glop

they love it
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#41]
That looks delicious.  Caramel with salty peanuts and pretzels? Yes please.

Link Posted: 11/2/2017 1:42:33 PM EDT
[#42]
The GF will be liking that.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 6:22:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No thanks....

Fuck em
No, it's definitely changed for the worse.  Whether it's a freshness issue, or what, I'm not sure.  My mom still claims the stuff you buy at Chocolate World tastes better, I'm not sure if it's all still made there or not.  Their higher-end stuff used to be noticeably better, too.  Symphony Bars, Golden Almond, and something else, to my recollection.

I asked my mom to send me a bag of Hershey's miniatures when I was in Iraq.  They tasted terrible.  I thought it was the heat and travel.  Nope.  Big change right around 2008/9, I think.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 6:25:57 PM EDT
[#44]
I just want them to stop making "Special Dark".....
YUCK..... 
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 12:19:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Mexican chocolate, meh. The hotter it is, the more wax gets put into the mix, good unadulterated chocolate should begin to melt at human body temps unless you add ingredients like wax.
View Quote
from what I understand its canuba wax, (like mothers car wax).
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 12:21:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Aaand for their first effort in a while they release a disgusting candy bar. Way to go.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top