Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2017 8:33:43 PM EDT
AG Jeff Sessions offers $12M boost for DEA to battle opioid crisis with help from Kellyanne Conway

Attorney General Jeff Sessions vowed on Wednesday to step up enforcement in order to combat the nation’s opioid crisis — with the help of Kellyanne Conway.

Sessions announced $12 million in grants and a new Drug Enforcement Administration division that will oversee the Appalachian region to help battle the growing epidemic.

“Today, we are facing the deadliest drug crisis in American history,” Sessions said.

He added that there will be new federal requirements for all prosecutors’ offices to designate an opioid coordinator who will customize each region’s strategy.

Sessions said that the steps “will make our law enforcement efforts smarter and more effective—and ultimately they will save American lives.”

Sessions also said that White House adviser Kellyanne Conway will be leading the charge in combating the epidemic from the White House, representing the administration’s ongoing efforts.

The attorney general said that Conway was “extremely talented” and “understands messaging” of the crisis.

President Trump declared the opioid crisis a health emergency last month, stopping short of declaring a national emergency. The move freed up some resources, but critics said it wasn’t enough to end the epidemic.

Link Posted: 11/29/2017 8:38:16 PM EDT
[#1]

Sessions said that the steps “will make our law enforcement efforts smarter and more effective—and ultimately they will save American lives.”
View Quote
Lol. Sure they will.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 8:39:23 PM EDT
[#2]
What about the evil marijuana needles?
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 8:39:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Why is the AG getting involved in routine police work or DEA work?

How about he does the real job, put the swamp in prison?

Oh forgot, he is part of the fucking swamp, swarming POS.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 8:40:33 PM EDT
[#4]
OP would be the first one to whine that "Why isn't Trump doing something about drrrruuugggsss??!?"
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 8:41:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lol. Sure they will.
View Quote
If the 12 mil is used smart to go after those pill dispensaries that exist only to supply and to go after the Doctors who write only to supply drug users..it will make a 1/100th of percent a dent in the problem.

Truth be told, I don't think anyone really knows how bad it is.

It's bad.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 8:41:27 PM EDT
[#6]
OK, so more cops to strong arm the docs prescribing FDA-approved, tested Opiod meds to people with legitimate chronic pain issues, instead of stopping the fentanyl-laced heroin coming up from Meh-Hee-Co that is causing the ODs?
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 8:42:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
DEA is under DOJ.

Sessions was hired by Trump to protect the swamp.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 8:42:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Lol. Sure they will.
View Quote
Yeah!  Just throw addicts in jail.  There they'll have no access to drugs, get clean, turn their life around, and be able to enter the job market like nothing ever happened.  Works like a charm, every time!
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 8:43:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 8:44:14 PM EDT
[#10]
That will do it. We will now win the war on drugs.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 8:45:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
OK, so more cops to strong arm the docs prescribing FDA-approved, tested Opiod meds to people with legitimate chronic pain issues, instead of stopping the fentanyl-laced heroin coming up from Meh-Hee-Co that is causing the ODs?
View Quote
Its not just Mexico supplying that stuff.

The numbers of people OD'ing and abusing the "FDA-approved, tested Opiod meds to people with legitimate chronic pain issues" far outweigh anything coming up from Mexico.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 8:48:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
I guess you don’t know that the DEA is part of the Justice Department; and AG Sessions is the HMFIC of the Justice Department.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 8:50:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
I hope not, I like my job security.

Link Posted: 11/29/2017 8:54:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If the 12 mil is used smart to go after those pill dispensaries that exist only to supply and to go after the Doctors who write only to supply drug users..it will make a 1/100th of percent a dent in the problem.

It's bad.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. Sure they will.

It's bad.
Those "pill dispensaries" only exist because of the DEA's thuggish tactics against regular physicians prescribing pain medicine:

"Don't prescribe too much!!"

"Oh, how much is too much?  Wellll, we'll let you know...

Right about the time a SWAT team kicks your door down."

Their real answer is to let people writhe in pain from cancer because fuck you, gramps, we gotta save those junkies.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 8:56:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Sessions is the weakest link in this administration.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
He really is the worst.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 9:00:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep.  I really hope Trump boots his ass out in grand style.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 9:04:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
OP would be the first one to whine that "Why isn't Trump doing something about drrrruuugggsss??!?"
View Quote
What are you whining about now?
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 9:10:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep, this LE welfare check will be the one that will fix it.
One of these days they will figure out how to legislate   morality and addictive personalities.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 9:11:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly,  the WOD is LE welfare.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 9:18:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Exactly,  the WOD is LE welfare.
View Quote
We secure the border I am fucked.

If "it" was never named, the "WOD", would you be able to bitch about it?

I do agree that things are/ have been very poorly ran/ executed, etc.. but it really isn't a 'war on drugs' and it is by far NOT my welfare....wait times are my welfare.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 9:21:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yeah!  Just throw addicts in jail.  There they'll have no access to drugs, get clean, turn their life around, and be able to enter the job market like nothing ever happened.  Works like a charm, every time!
View Quote
What you did there made me LOL
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Docs and dentists ought to stop handing out pain killers like fucking candy.

-Had my teeth cleaned last year. Didn't "hurt" particularly. Then they offered me a THIRTY day prescription, so thats 5mg/325mg x 30, of percs

-Cracked a tail bone 2.5 weeks ago. Tiny little hairline fracture. They told me ill be pain free in 7-10 days if i take it easy. Then offered me a prescription. I decline and they insist multiple times i take the prescription, for like 15 minutes they tell me: "trust us, you wont regret it".  I was 100% pain free by day 5, glad i turned them down.

For those of you who dont understand how hospitals and pharmaceuticals work: they get paid directly and indirectly to push out prescriptions even when medically inappropriate. Just like many many psychiatrists get paid, directly, to promote non-FDA approved drugs for disorders that have no empirical longitudinal data to show they've "good" or safe or better than mere placebo.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 9:45:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 9:46:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 9:53:57 PM EDT
[#26]
That's a nothing amt of money.

That would literally pay for about 10 guys and an office for a year...maybe.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Waste of time and money but it keeps him from having to talk about the swamp.    Granny Clampett should have been fired a long time ago.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 10:07:02 PM EDT
[#28]
obviously that is what the war on drugs needs, more money to waste

Fuck Sessions and his drug war

put real criminals in jail, like FHRC
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 10:08:16 PM EDT
[#29]
This just in "AG Sessions promises to waste more taxpayer money on bullshit that doesn't work".
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 10:08:53 PM EDT
[#30]
MAGA
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 10:10:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Regulating human behavior is expensive and impossible.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 10:10:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
DEA is under DOJ.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DEA is under DOJ.

Nah, Trump had NO IDEA that Sessions would turn out like he has. Just completely sideswiped by Sessions being a let down.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 10:15:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Lol...

We will win this war!
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 11:40:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You'll still have undeclared apples from Canada
View Quote
NOT. ON. MY. WATCH.

PM sent
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 10:39:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Those "pill dispensaries" only exist because of the DEA's thuggish tactics against regular physicians prescribing pain medicine:

Their real answer is to let people writhe in pain from cancer because fuck you, gramps, we gotta save those junkies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. Sure they will.

It's bad.

It is almost as if they were intentionally driving people to illegal drugs to get pain relief to further their careers and power.  Not that they have already lost the war on pot and need a new boogeyman or anything.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 10:40:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It's bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. Sure they will.

It's bad.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 10:46:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Want to help?  Allow me:

Dear nation,

EMS and Emergency Room services will no longer we carrying or administering NARCAN or any related product for illegal drug overdoses.  If you overdose, you will die.  For any questions, please feel free to fuck yourself. 

Sincerely, 

The Government

Kind of a self correcting problem.  What makes the issue worse IMHO, is the effectiveness of NARCAN.  Shit works.  Saves lives.  But it removes such a major chunk of accountability with users.  "I don't have to worry...if I OD, they'll hit with me NARCAN and all will be fine".  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top