Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2017 4:25:05 PM EDT
So I got a 3d printer for black friday , been messing around and learning more and more everyday on how to use it and make cool things , today I made a Death trooper helmet/skull , and a scaled down AR lower , with earbuds for scale.  So much fun!

Link Posted: 12/4/2017 4:26:57 PM EDT
[#1]
put it together and shoot the storm trooper.....

Its the only real answer....
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 4:28:41 PM EDT
[#2]
That's cool.

OP, which 3D printer did you get?
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's cool.

View Quote
MP mini delta , was 178$ to my door . was on sale for a short time on BF ,  will go retail in april .  only prints about 4" cubed volume so kinda small but very little hassle , fun toy , I'll get a bigger one soon.

https://mpminidelta.monoprice.com/
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 4:39:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That's cool.

View Quote
yes it is very cool...both pieces...
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 4:39:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Neat.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#6]
You'll find yourself using a smaller one than a bigger one.

I have two cr10's and I'm dying to get a smaller one.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 5:03:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
I've been thinking about a cr10 mini , but i also want to be able to print at .05 . i think im going to get a prusa mk2s or maybe the mk3 next . I like this delta as it has a simple autolevel feature , and i use mirror's with buildtak so i can just unclip the mirror and let the part cool down , throw another mirror on the printer and keep going. the most frustrating thing i find about 3d printing is getting them off the build plate when finished .
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 5:11:14 PM EDT
[#8]
The skull is actually pretty cool!
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 5:17:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like a Colt lower  
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 5:39:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Looks like a Colt lower  
View Quote
Shit, the folks at Taurus are already getting ready to file a C&D
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 4:33:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've been thinking about a cr10 mini , but i also want to be able to print at .05 . i think im going to get a prusa mk2s or maybe the mk3 next . I like this delta as it has a simple autolevel feature , and i use mirror's with buildtak so i can just unclip the mirror and let the part cool down , throw another mirror on the printer and keep going. the most frustrating thing i find about 3d printing is getting them off the build plate when finished .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just started using a PEI sheet and it works great. Buildtak was nice but it didn't last too long.
I've tried glue stick, craft spray, and wood glue. Mixed results with all of them.

But my goto hasn't ever let me down and I always go back to it.

Blue masking tape.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 4:34:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Neat
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 4:52:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 12/5/2017 4:55:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top