Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/7/2017 9:33:10 AM EDT
For the record, and just to get this out of the way, Sharon Reed is smokin' hot.

Now... the rest of the story.

Channel 46 news was doing a story on the very contentious Atlanta mayoral race.  A white female candidate was running against a black female candidate.  In as racially divided a city as Atlanta is, the issue of skin color being raised was inevitable.  It was alleged that the white candidate's party paid for a robo-call effort that was solely designed to smear the black candidate.  The black candidate is a part of the current power structure.  The white candidate was an outsider to that circle.  As a result of some of the reporting Ms. Reed did on the story, a viewer emailed in this message:

“You need to be fired for the race baiting comment you made tonight. It’s o.k. for blacks to discuss certain subjects but not whites. Really??? you are what I call a N***r not a black person. you are a racist N***r. you are what’s wrong with the world.”
View Quote
From the news story:

Reed stared directly into the camera and stated she never said white people couldn’t talk about race.

“Quite the contrary, we think that race is an authentic discussion to have. It’s one we’re having tonight because it’s one that you are talking about at home and it’s one that has clearly entered the Atlanta mayor’s race. That’s why, behind the scenes, my colleagues and I — white and black — we decided, hey let’s go for it.”

She continued: “When arguing with somebody you have to be careful not to mischaracterize their viewpoint, so I won’t mischaracterize your view either, Kathy Rae. I get it. On Dec. 5, 2017, you think it’s okay to call this journalist a ‘n-----.’ I don’t. But I could clap back and say a few things to you. But instead I’ll let your words, Kathy Rae, speak for themselves. And that will be the last word.”
View Quote
Visit the link, and watch the video.

As of last night, I'm a huge Sharon Reed fan.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 9:36:09 AM EDT
[#1]
she is a racist
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 9:36:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Possible false flag?
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 9:36:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Lol GD never disappoints, already 2 perfect posts
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 9:37:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
she is a racist
View Quote
FPNI
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 9:39:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
she is a racist
View Quote
Who is?  Sharon Reed, or Kathy Rae?
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 9:39:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Is the journalist a race baiter?
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 9:39:33 AM EDT
[#7]
not hot.
and racist.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 9:39:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, to tell the family secret...my grandmother was Dutch...
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 9:40:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Possible false flag?
View Quote
Oh no the press lie,equivocate,misdirect,misconstrue,character assassinate and conjure up fake news?
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 9:42:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
sharon reed
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 9:47:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
sharon reed
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

sharon reed
I'm gonna need to see proof.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 9:48:01 AM EDT
[#12]
I met Sharon Reed at a fundraiser, and she is the absolute definition of sexpot. Lebron James probably couldn't control himself.
Anyway, she seemed ok.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 9:48:05 AM EDT
[#13]
How much you wanna bet that Kathy is 200+ pounds, on welfare, smokes, lives in a trailer and is married to someone in this thread ?
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 9:49:05 AM EDT
[#14]
It's a fucking word. Quit giving it mystical powers. Nobody would be throwing a fit if she were called a cunt or a bitch.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Racist
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 9:53:18 AM EDT
[#16]

Let me guess the outcome...

What was that statistic - some 90% of the people that live in the city of Atlanta proper - live in subsidized housing.

All good....

red
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 9:55:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Cue the MorganFreemanIdon'tgiveashit.gif
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 9:58:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

OK

originally stated by Sharon reed:

She continued: “When arguing with somebody you have to be careful not to mischaracterize their viewpoint, so I won’t mischaracterize your view either, Kathy Rae. I get it. On Dec. 5, 2017, you think it’s okay to call this journalist a ‘n-----.’ I don’t. But I could clap back and say a few things to you. But instead I’ll let your words, Kathy Rae, speak for themselves. And that will be the last word.
rules for thee but not for me
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 9:59:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is all I need to know.   This quote.  “Quite the contrary, we think that race is an authentic discussion to have."

1- yes she is smoking hot.

2- she is a journalist in Atlanta that is black and has a job.  Meaning she has to be part of the machine. Any real facts or honesty would get her immediately fired.

3- Until "Authentic" discussions on race, especially a Mayoral election, contains some hard truths about race, crime, culture and actual facts, it is all journalistic balloon juice.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
OK

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK

She continued: “When arguing with somebody you have to be careful not to mischaracterize their viewpoint, so I won’t mischaracterize your view either, Kathy Rae. I get it. On Dec. 5, 2017, you think it’s okay to call this journalist a ‘n-----.’ I don’t. But I could clap back and say a few things to you. But instead I’ll let your words, Kathy Rae, speak for themselves. And that will be the last word.
How does that make Sharon Reed a racist?  She's saying this Kathy Rae person thinks it's okay to use racial slanders, but it's not okay with her.  As a matter of fact, she refuses to lower herself to Kathy Rae's level.  I'm not following your logic.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:03:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Would bang.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:09:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
How much you wanna bet that Kathy is 200+ pounds, on welfare, smokes, lives in a trailer and is married to someone in this thread ?
View Quote
How much you want to bet that Kathy is a black college kid named Jamal?

Or a journalist named Sharon?

Our society is a joke and identity politics is the reason

When you're a victim of whitey, you are granted extra privileges.

Sometimes the victimhood doesn't come fast enough, so the definition of victimhood is lowered to include virtually everything.

Sometimes the victimhood is too scarce and needs a kick start from the victims.

It's all a big joke.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:10:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

How does that make Sharon Reed a racist?  She's saying this Kathy Rae person thinks it's okay to use racial slanders, but it's not okay with her.  As a matter of fact, she refuses to lower herself to Kathy Rae's level.  I'm not following your logic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why has Kathy accused her of being a race baiter?
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This is all I need to know.   This quote.  “Quite the contrary, we think that race is an authentic discussion to have."

1- yes she is smoking hot.

2- she is a journalist in Atlanta that is black and has a job.  Meaning she has to be part of the machine. Any real facts or honesty would get her immediately fired.

3- Until "Authentic" discussions on race, especially a Mayoral election, contains some hard truths about race, crime, culture and actual facts, it is all journalistic balloon juice.
View Quote
This guy is correct on all 3 things.

But I will add that its never a good idea to use the "N" word.  Not saying I agree with its use or not blah, blah, just that nothing good can EVER comes of it. The lady was stupid to think otherwise.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:17:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Isn't that Lebron James's baby momma?
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:18:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Possible false flag?
View Quote
I'm gonna say no.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:18:25 AM EDT
[#27]
The N word is only offensive if a white person uses it.  Very likely the offender was black.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:18:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm going with this.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:19:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know.  It has something to do with the way Channel 46 covered the mayoral race.  Maybe she thought they were giving the black candidate too much air time.  Maybe she thought they were being overly critical of the white candidate.  I don't know. To be honest, I don't really watch local news on television, so I didn't see it.  I just heard this story on the radio on my way in to work this morning.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:20:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Isn't that Lebron James's baby momma?
View Quote
I believe so, and if it is, there are bikini pics on the webz.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:20:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK

Reed has no idea of the race it would seem but assumes it's a white person. To me that is racist. Plus she threw out the race card herself. Again a racist.

Like others when she speaks to B on B crimes and murders, when pointing she reflects back 3 times to address the elephant in the room she can lose the label.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:21:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
There are two things I hate in this world........
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:22:13 AM EDT
[#33]
If she is a race baiting POS then that guy is right.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:23:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The N word is only offensive if a white person uses it.  
View Quote
I used to think that also, but I've heard it used by blacks, toward other blacks, in a derogatory way.  As in, one guy I used to know was calling out a kid for not trying to make something of himself.  The older guy was all like, "Why you gotta act like a n****r?  Why can't you stay in school!  Be somebody!"

Context means a lot.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:23:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Would bang.
View Quote
Yup. She’s smoking.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:25:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Is the journalist a race baiter?
View Quote
Journalist Race Baiters????

Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:26:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Reed has no idea of the race it would seem but assumes it's a white person. To me that is racist. Plus she threw out the race card herself. Again a racist.

Like others when she speaks to B on B crimes and murders, when pointing she reflects back 3 times to address the elephant in the room she can lose the label.
View Quote
That's a far reach.  If I were in her place, I'd assume that the emailer was white.  And how doe SHE "throw out the race card"?  I'm just not seeing it.  I think you're trying to justify the original emailer for being racist, when you don't actually know either person.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:26:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The N word is only offensive if a white person uses it.  Very likely the offender was black.
View Quote
"It's not what you say, it's how you say it."

And also, not true. Say it around my uncles-in-law and they will have a stern talking to you, whether you're white or black. If you had class, you wouldn't equate it with race.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:26:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
not hot.
and racist.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:27:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
We had "The Talk" about our family history and how we should discuss the delicate issue of our mixed history...

Turns out we had a Norwegian in the Wood Pile...

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:27:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I used to think that also, but I've heard it used by blacks, toward other blacks, in a derogatory way.  As in, one guy I used to know was calling out a kid for not trying to make something of himself.  The older guy was all like, "Why you gotta act like a n****r?  Why can't you stay in school!  Be somebody!"

Context means a lot.
View Quote
I hear it 20-30 times a day at work from the black employees.  It's thrown around like nothing.  Anywhere from a friendly term to a derogatory one.  Really means nothing at this point.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:28:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

We had "The Talk" about our family history and how we should discuss the delicate issue of our mixed history...

Turns out we had a Norwegian in the Wood Pile...

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote
Hey hey hey.....

My Grandmother was Norwegian.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:28:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Not guilty!
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:30:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK

It's kinda not though
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:31:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I hear it 20-30 times a day at work from the black employees.  It's thrown around like nothing.  Anywhere from a friendly term to a derogatory one.  Really means nothing at this point.
View Quote
What happens if a white person uses the word?  Still mean nothing to the black employees?
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Hot
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:35:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
not hot.
and racist.
View Quote
Indeed.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:36:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:37:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Are we seriously calling her racist for saying she won't stoop to slurs.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:38:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Not all that hot ..... looks like she has a yuge ass. 6.5/10
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top