Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/27/2017 6:12:51 PM EDT
Anyone know anything about stone arrowheads?  I'm seeing prices anywhere from $20 to $12,000+

Are these arrowheads worth anything?  I figured not more than 10-20 each if that.

Bonus arrowhead song

Creek Sessions: Tyler Childers - Banded Clovis
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 6:14:06 PM EDT
[#1]
$87
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 6:17:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I think they're good for about 10 years in a federal pound-you-in-the-azz prison if you don't carry a CDIB card plus some other paperwork.

I am NOT an attorney, nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 6:20:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe $8-9 for your nicest point, the rest $2-$3.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 6:21:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think they're good for about 10 years in a federal pound-you-in-the-azz prison if you don't carry a CDIB card plus some other paperwork.

View Quote
Is that consecutive? I have 6 or 8 I think I got from my uncle. I have no idea where they came from. Here you can go thru a plowed field after a rain and find a few.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wrong.

OP, what you have isn't worth much. You might get $10-50 if you're lucky.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maybe $8-9 for your nicest point, the rest $2-$3.
View Quote
Quoted:

Wrong.

OP, what you have isn't worth much. You might get $10-50 if you're lucky.
View Quote
Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#7]
My ex-wife's late uncle was a farmer in northeastern Ohio.  He had about a thousand Riker cases full of arrowheads, spear points, and tomahawk heads that he had plowed up in his corn fields over the decades.  All of the farmers in that area had tons of stuff like that.

I think they have to be exceptionally fine and old, made of clear obsidian, very unusual, etc. in order to have much material value.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Everytime the river comes up and goes down I see people going and looking for them at the river bottoms
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Where did you come up with that?
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 6:33:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Is this for real? Never heard of such a thing.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 6:34:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
On federal lands, and maybe tribal. Private property...GTG.

Edit>might be some states that have laws on the books. But that wouldn't be federal pound your ass.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 6:36:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My ex-wife's late uncle was a farmer in northeastern Ohio.  He had about a thousand Riker cases full of arrowheads, spear points, and tomahawk heads that he had plowed up in his corn fields over the decades.  All of the farmers in that area had tons of stuff like that.

I think they have to be exceptionally fine and old, made of clear obsidian, very unusual, etc. in order to have much material value.
View Quote
The really old points like clovis points bring money and large intact spear points over 9 inches.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 6:36:39 PM EDT
[#13]
As others have posted, I check out my farmer friends fields, after the spring plowing, after it rains.
Makes them easier to spot.
I don't know the value of mine other than it is a great get out of the house and exercise hobby.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The really old points like clovis points bring money and large intact spear points over 9 inches.
View Quote
How about this one?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 6:42:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Some of them can be worth a lot of money, clovis, Cumberland, quad, beaver lakes, lost lakes,  dovetails, pine trees, kirks, etc..... Unfortunately, you have none of those.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 6:44:45 PM EDT
[#16]
HOLY SHIT!!!!! That's a keeper! Is it fluted? I feel like we are being trolled now though! LOL. If its fluted, that's a clovis worth thousands.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Those look like work of the Slapahoe tribe.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 6:46:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

HOLY SHIT!!!!! That's a keeper! Is it fluted? I feel like we are being trolled now though! LOL. If its fluted, that's a clovis worth thousands.
View Quote
Yeah it's fluted, Folsom.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 6:48:20 PM EDT
[#19]
To get the high value the points would need to be perfect, made of a certain stone, and be not of a common tribe. Clovis points will bring the upper values you are seeking.  Think rare, and that is what brings the cash. However anything that goes into my collection is staying no matter what its worth.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 6:48:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Napoleon Dynamite - Chicken Farm, Farmer Lyle eating lunch scene
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Hard to tell fakes from real one's is a problem, I have several hammer heads and ax heads and they are not worth more than 20 I was told.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 6:51:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yeah it's fluted, Folsom.
View Quote
I would have assumed clovis, but I will take your word for it. Its been decades since Ive done any serious research or hunting. My best points are a white lost lake and a quad. Ive had a few heartbreakers through the years but those are my best 2 finds.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 6:51:58 PM EDT
[#23]
We have hundreds of those things we've collected from our lower fields over the years. Fresh plowed + rain = dozens of them for a 10 minute walk through there. There are even more in the cave when the river is low.

It's pretty cool to think about how many Indians must have lived there to generate that many arrow/spear heads. I'm sure at least half or more were fuckups, as most aren't intact.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Close, it's actually from the Fugawi Tribe.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 6:58:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I would have assumed clovis, but I will take your word for it. Its been decades since Ive done any serious research or hunting. My best points are a white lost lake and a quad. Ive had a few heartbreakers through the years but those are my best 2 finds.
View Quote
Believe it or not, clovis is rare around here while folsom is quite a bit more common. LL and quad, seen some nice ones but definitely way out of my area.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 7:03:25 PM EDT
[#26]
If it’s a perfect undamaged Clovis point it will fetch lots of money.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 7:05:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
We have hundreds of those things we've collected from our lower fields over the years. Fresh plowed + rain = dozens of them for a 10 minute walk through there. There are even more in the cave when the river is low.

It's pretty cool to think about how many Indians must have lived there to generate that many arrow/spear heads. I'm sure at least half or more were fuckups, as most aren't intact.
View Quote
Just think of an acre near good hunting ground that was hunted for 20K years. Say there was only one point lost there per year. That is still a lot of points laying in the ground. Now how many are actually in the ground. The numbers are probably staggering!
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 7:05:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought the Fugawi were only in New Jersey.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 7:06:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Give me $10 and I'll take them, you pay postage.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 7:11:04 PM EDT
[#30]
LOL that explains a lot! Around here the most common (if there is such a thing) points are cumberlands, clovis, quads, lost lakes, etc.... Ive never heard of anybody finding a folsom! Ive got a really good friend that's the same as a son to me now that found a Cumberland in his back yard when he was 8 or 10 yrs old while digging out a spot to put an above ground swimming pool. He sold it to an old man here that's well known in the artifact circles for just enough to pay for the pool! Poor kid got screwed bad! Ive held that point in my hand and its a 10K rock. Kid got 900 I think.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 7:15:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s GD dude where we pull shit out of our asses all the time.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 7:18:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As stated above, I am NOT an attorney.

As to where I heard it: I heard this from an obviously chemically (or alcoholically) dependent Native American man who stumbled into a junk shop I was browsing through on US 69, directly across the highway from the Love's truck stop in Chouteau, OK.

The (obviously inebriated) Native American man went on to tell the junk shop owner that he couldn't be in possession of several arrow heads he had on display and how the owner was subject to federal prosecution for just owning them, and much more trouble for trying to sell them. Then, he proceeded to tell the shop owner that he would be more than happy to sell them for him, because he was a Native American and he could own eagle feathers and other restricted items...and he wanted the used portable electric generator the shop had for sale as compensation for his efforts.

We got a lot of them around here...this is Oklahoma, you know.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 7:19:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
LOL that explains a lot! Around here the most common (if there is such a thing) points are cumberlands, clovis, quads, lost lakes, etc.... Ive never heard of anybody finding a folsom! Ive got a really good friend that's the same as a son to me now that found a Cumberland in his back yard when he was 8 or 10 yrs old while digging out a spot to put an above ground swimming pool. He sold it to an old man here that's well known in the artifact circles for just enough to pay for the pool! Poor kid got screwed bad! Ive held that point in my hand and its a 10K rock. Kid got 900 I think.
View Quote
I know quite a few stories just like that. Sad. Almost everything I have is personally found...30 years worth.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 7:21:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

People dont think thats the way it do but it be.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 7:21:25 PM EDT
[#35]
I think those belong to fauxcohauntus.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 7:23:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Too bad, you would fit right in.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 7:43:07 PM EDT
[#37]
$0.00
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 7:53:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 8:31:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

As to where I heard it: I heard this from an obviously chemically (or alcoholically) dependent Native American man who stumbled into a junk shop I was browsing through on US 69, directly across the highway from the Love's truck stop in Chouteau, OK.

The (obviously inebriated) Native American man went on to tell the junk shop owner that he couldn't be in possession of several arrow heads he had on display and how the owner was subject to federal prosecution for just owning them, and much more trouble for trying to sell them. Then, he proceeded to tell the shop owner that he would be more than happy to sell them for him, because he was a Native American and he could own eagle feathers and other restricted items...and he wanted the used portable electric generator the shop had for sale as compensation for his efforts.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh.  alright then..
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 8:57:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
A former neighbor of mine had an uncle with farming property close to where the Susquehana River dumps into the Chesapeake Bay. He told me they would haul away potato sacks full of arrowheads and spear points after plowing the fields every year. Indians lived on that flat field for hundreds of years fishing, spearing and gathering oysters. I would like to find just one.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 9:08:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
A former neighbor of mine had an uncle with farming property close to where the Susquehana River dumps into the Chesapeake Bay. He told me they would haul away potato sacks full of arrowheads and spear points after plowing the fields every year. Indians lived on that flat field for hundreds of years fishing, spearing and gathering oysters. I would like to find just one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be a thrill to find one. I've found pieces before but never an entire point.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 9:21:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Only one I have ever found (stumble upon) but its a pretty nice one. About 4.5 inches long.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 9:32:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Spear points are awesome.

Attachment Attached File

I make most of my things, but I haven't tried flint knapping. I trade for those things.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 9:35:04 PM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about this one?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/49272/20170517_120110-403204.JPG
That's junk, I'll give you 5 bucks
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

If I was wise I'd start dispersing my collection, it's kind of hard to left things go that took so much effort to find though.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 10:05:41 PM EDT
[#46]
House where i grew up in was on a Cherokee hunting ground/camp

Every time we plowed the garden we would find a bunch. There is a bucket full of them around here somewhere i put away
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 10:05:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If I was wise I'd start dispersing my collection, it's kind of hard to left things go that took so much effort to find though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get it, I've got a wide range of points, stared at allot of dirt to find them, only interested in local points.
I think the local tribes shared the one arrowhead
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 10:06:44 PM EDT
[#48]
@TooBeaucoup do you have any?
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 10:06:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 10:11:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top