User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 4:44:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And replace him with.... ?
View Quote
Preferably not another water head. But from the list of water heads planning on running in 2020 I bet we get another water head.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 4:45:44 PM EDT
[#2]
No, we wouldn't be in this situation if all the republicans supported trump.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 4:54:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
And you have to be stupid to believe that there was ever going to be mass deportations of DACA
View Quote
BULLSHIT!

Trump's platform consisted of three main things:
1) You gotta go home
2) Big beautiful wall
3) Jobs for Americans

Guys like you keep saying "you have to be a dumb ass to have believed that" or something similar. Well nobody wants to be thought of as a dumb ass, so they begrudgingly agree DACA must pass.

We need to hold his feet to the fire on this! You either do what you say you're going to do or I don't trust you. If you cave on something so fundamental as this, then I no longer support you.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Last time the democrats had this advantage we gott he ACA rammed down our throats.   The republicans can't find their asses using both hands.  You have to hand it to the dems, they have party discipline on a level republicans can never approach.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 5:11:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Ask Reagan how that amnesty with a wall worked out for him.
Ask Bush Sr how that amnesty with a wall worked out for him.
Ask Bush Jr how that amnesty with a wall worked out for him.

All the Dems have to do is kill the funding, and whamo.......no wall for you.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 5:33:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
BULLSHIT!

1) You gotta go home
2) Big beautiful wall
3) Jobs for Americans

Guys like you keep saying "you have to be a dumb ass to have believed that" or something similar. Well nobody wants to be thought of as a dumb ass, so they begrudgingly agree DACA must pass.

We need to hold his feet to the fire on this! You either do what you say you're going to do or I don't trust you. If you cave on something so fundamental as this, then I no longer support you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And you have to be stupid to believe that there was ever going to be mass deportations of DACA
BULLSHIT!

1) You gotta go home
2) Big beautiful wall
3) Jobs for Americans

Like it or not, he and the balance of our government view the 675k or whatever DACA differently than your run of the mill illegal. Post up a link of him saying he intends to deport all DACA.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#7]
If I didn't know better I'd think this is a troll question. I guess it depends on your definition of 'clean'. Trump is saying DACA with security and enforcement. No chain, no lottery,.... When that happens we can discuss reforming immigration.

Short answer, it won't happen.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Like it or not, he and the balance of our government view the 675k or whatever DACA differently than your run of the mill illegal. Post up a link of him saying he intends to deport all DACA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
BULLSHIT!

1) You gotta go home
2) Big beautiful wall
3) Jobs for Americans

He said repeatedly during the campaign that all illegals needed to go.  He said they had to go and come back legally

Those who "qualified" for an unconsitutional executive order are still illegal
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 7:53:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If I didn't know better I'd think this is a troll question. I guess it depends on your definition of 'clean'. Trump is saying DACA with security and enforcement. No chain, no lottery,.... When that happens we can discuss reforming immigration.

Short answer, it won't happen.
View Quote
But media says thats what will happen and trump supporters will abandon him.

Fools, all of you.  Trust your president.  Lest you be fools.  Stop believing the god dang media.  Stop it.  Just stop.  You are better than this.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 11:38:58 PM EDT
[#10]
this daca thing... how bad are we talking here?  just a path to "legal status" or are they going to just give them full suffrage citizenship?

my wife (mexican recently naturalized here) is absolutely beside herself livid, that shes spent *years* doing everything correctly, and now this.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 11:43:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Did you not see Trump’s press conference?

He never intended to get rid of Dreamers.
Open your ears.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 11:44:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
this daca thing... how bad are we talking here?  just a path to "legal status" or are they going to just give them full suffrage citizenship?

my wife (mexican recently naturalized here) is absolutely beside herself livid, that shes spent *years* doing everything correctly, and now this.
View Quote
Lol

Trump said he will basically sign whatever shows up on his desk.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 1:32:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm still trying to figure out the meaning of this phrase.
View Quote
Had second cataract surgery....
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 1:40:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 1:42:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Yes, because a clean DACA bill would be a clear sell-out.  If we're going to give Dreamers amnesty, then we need to build a wall and gut the immigration laws too.

Still doesn't mean I will ever regret voting for him over Hillary.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 1:45:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I voted for him specifically to remove the guac. If he faulters on that, so will my support.

Still better than Hillary, but it'd be a definite sign of a major deficiency in his maga levels.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 1:46:59 AM EDT
[#17]
I voted for him and if he betrays us with DACA, I will actively work to primary his ass in 2020.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 1:55:01 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't give two fucks about the wall.  It is a farce, a fake target that is designed to draw fire from the left to give Trump room to maneuver while everyone gets heated about it.

If we want to get rid of illegals, the best way to do that is to attack what they come here for (jobs) so that the motivation to stay goes away.

The other big ticket way to get rid of illegals without spending a fuck ton of $ on a wall is to take away the anchor baby concept.  Require that at least one parent be a full citizen in order for their progeny to be a citizen.

No work and can't anchor baby their way into a green card....they will go away.  Ramp up ICE pressure and they will go away faster.

Trump needs to focus on rooting out the swamp.  The rest of it will fall into place once the corrupt, self serving, self elevated pompous assholes that make up the uniparty are deposed and replaced.

When you want to fix a symptom, you don't focus on making the symptom less noticeable.  You attack the disease.  The disease isn't the illegals, it's the pols who pander and use them as pawns.

Also, Trump > Hillary.  Trump > Oprah.  Trump > Jeb.  Trump > Rubio.  Trump > any of the other shit candidates who are owned so fully by so many people that I'm surprised that they can tie their own shoes without asking for permission from their owners.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 3:08:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Watch this one.

Link Posted: 1/11/2018 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 7:12:10 PM EDT
[#21]
libtard wailing and gnashing of teeth in 3...2..1...
but seriously, better them than me
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#22]
It's funny and sad at the same time that you guys believe the news fed to you to undermine our president.

Fuck you for falling for it.  You know better.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 7:23:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It's funny and sad at the same time that you guys believe the news fed to you to undermine our president.

Fuck you for falling for it.
View Quote
oh, so you dont think the final version will have a path to citizenship?  im preparing myself for being pissed off when it comes.  my guess is trump trashed it due to the wide ranging net of giving citizenship; i bet he will pass a version that trims that a bit.
i dont even want the wall.  seriously, fuck the wall.  that $ can go towards much more effective means of making illegals uncomfortable here so much so that they dont even want to be here.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 7:28:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
oh, so you dont think the final version will have a path to citizenship?  im preparing myself for being pissed off when it comes.
i dont even want the wall.  seriously, fuck the wall.  that $ can go towards much more effective means of making illegals uncomfortable here so much so that they dont even want to be here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

oh, so you dont think the final version will have a path to citizenship?  im preparing myself for being pissed off when it comes.
Media had you convinced trumps tax cuts were bad. They are fucking lying. Don't believe a damn thing they say.

Stop believing the media. Their goal is to destroy this president. Don't believe a damn thing they say. Just stop.

The media goal is to undermine the base and those that voted for him. You see the effect in this thread. Don't fall for it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 7:30:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
How did most of the people covered by DACA arrive?  Through lack of an adequate obstacle like a wall?  Or by some other means?   If the answer is "by some other means" then compromising on DACA to get a wall seems kind of dumb in the first place.
View Quote
Except it isn’t just a wall
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 7:33:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Nope.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 7:52:35 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm surprised, he hasn't done one fucking thing, of note, to improve the situation of the 2nd Amendment. Yet people here worship him.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm surprised, he hasn't done one fucking thing, of note, to improve the situation of the 2nd Amendment. Yet people here worship him.
View Quote
Not sure if serious. The pres can't do shit amendment wise.

I guess you're ignoring God emporer trumps judicial appointments let alone scotus. Pay fucking attention.

Now tell the class how many federal justices he's appointed and confirmed via the senate?
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 8:39:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
He said repeatedly during the campaign that all illegals needed to go.  He said they had to go and come back legally

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
BULLSHIT!

1) You gotta go home
2) Big beautiful wall
3) Jobs for Americans

It's a small number, but there are about 1,000 DACA folks serving in the military.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 8:41:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It's a small number, but there are about 1,000 DACA folks serving in the military.
View Quote
Point being?
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:10:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Media had you convinced trumps tax cuts were bad. They are fucking lying. Don't believe a damn thing they say.

Stop believing the media. Their goal is to destroy this president. Don't believe a damn thing they say. Just stop.

The media goal is to undermine the base and those that voted for him. You see the effect in this thread. Don't fall for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No they didn't.

My point is that as much good as he's done so far, in the end he is a negotiator.  He prides himself on that.  And he said hed just sign whatever came to his desk if it had the wall in it.  How else are we supposed to take that? You have faith that congress won't be chill with amnesty?  Or that Trump will just go back on his word?
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:19:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Trump made a pretty good move if his objective is to out a few republicans in the 2018 primaries. He knows 90% of republican voters do not want DACA
I would not want to be a republican who voted for it in the next election.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:21:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I still love and trust my president. He's been keeping his promises and I trust him. I won't agree with everything he does but my support is all for him and MAGA!
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Point being?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Point being?
It's probably not a ubiquitous cross section of nefarious folks these DACA people.

That will factor into the debate, right or wrong.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:30:50 PM EDT
[#35]
I voted for him knowing full well nothing fundamentally about immigration was going to change.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:32:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

No they didn't.

My point is that as much good as he's done so far, in the end he is a negotiator.  He prides himself on that.  And he said hed just sign whatever came to his desk if it had the wall in it.  How else are we supposed to take that? You have faith that congress won't be chill with amnesty?  Or that Trump will just go back on his word?
View Quote
Nobody is going to deport active duty military folks. Right or wrong that is the reality. The moment you realize some DACA folks will have to stay you can guess the rest from a political debate standpoint.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Trump made a pretty good move if his objective is to out a few republicans in the 2018 primaries. He knows 90% of republican voters do not want DACA
View Quote
What is the source of 90%?
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:33:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Lets say this if he runs in 2020 my vote wont go to him.
View Quote
Why don't you wait and see what he accomplishes first.  He's only 1 year in to his term and look at what all he's accomplished already.

Jobs and the economy

Passage of the tax reform bill providing $5.5 billion in cuts and repealing the Obamacare mandate.
Increase of the GDP above 3 percent.
Creation of 1.7 million new jobs, cutting unemployment to 4.1 percent.
Saw the Dow Jones reach record highs.
A rebound in economic confidence to a 17-year high.
A new executive order to boost apprenticeships.
A move to boost computer sciences in Education Department programs.
Prioritizing women-owned businesses for some $500 million in SBA loans.
Killing job-stifling regulations

Signed an Executive Order demanding that two regulations be killed for every new one creates. He beat that big and cut 16 rules and regulations for every one created, saving $8.1 billion.
Signed 15 congressional regulatory cuts.
Withdrew from the Obama-era Paris Climate Agreement, ending the threat of environmental regulations.
Signed an Executive Order cutting the time for infrastructure permit approvals.
Eliminated an Obama rule on streams that Trump felt unfairly targeted the coal industry.
Fair trade

Made good on his campaign promise to withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
Opened up the North American Free Trade Agreement for talks to better the deal for the U.S.
Worked to bring companies back to the U.S., and companies like Toyota, Mazda, Broadcom Limited, and Foxconn announced plans to open U.S. plants.
Worked to promote the sale of U.S products abroad.
Made enforcement of U.S. trade laws, especially those that involve national security, a priority.
Ended Obama’s deal with Cuba.
Boosting U.S. energy dominance

The Department of Interior, which has led the way in cutting regulations, opened plans to lease 77 million acres in the Gulf of Mexico for oil and gas drilling.
Trump traveled the world to promote the sale and use of U.S. energy.
Expanded energy infrastructure projects like the Keystone XL Pipeline snubbed by Obama.
Ordered the Environmental Protection Agency to kill Obama’s Clean Power Plan.
EPA is reconsidering Obama rules on methane emissions.
Protecting the U.S. homeland

Laid out new principles for reforming immigration and announced plan to end "chain migration," which lets one legal immigrant to bring in dozens of family members.
Made progress to build the border wall with Mexico.
Ended the Obama-era “catch and release” of illegal immigrants.
Boosted the arrests of illegals inside the U.S.
Doubled the number of counties participating with Immigration and Customs Enforcement charged with deporting illegals.
Removed 36 percent more criminal gang members than in fiscal 2016.
Started the end of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival program.
Ditto for other amnesty programs like Deferred Action for Parents of Americans.
Cracking down on some 300 sanctuary cities that defy ICE but still get federal dollars.
Added some 100 new immigration judges.
Protecting communities

Justice announced grants of $98 million to fund 802 new cops.
Justice worked with Central American nations to arrest and charge 4,000 MS-13 members.
Homeland rounded up nearly 800 MS-13 members, an 83 percent one-year increase.
Signed three executive orders aimed at cracking down on international criminal organizations.
Attorney General Jeff Sessions created new National Public Safety Partnership, a cooperative initiative with cities to reduce violent crimes.
Accountability

Trump has nominated 73 federal judges and won his nomination of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court.
Ordered ethical standards including a lobbying ban.
Called for a comprehensive plan to reorganize the executive branch.
Ordered an overhaul to modernize the digital government.
Called for a full audit of the Pentagon and its spending.
Combatting opioids

First, the president declared a Nationwide Public Health Emergency on opioids.
His Council of Economic Advisors played a role in determining that overdoses are underreported by as much as 24 percent.
The Department of Health and Human Services laid out a new five-point strategy to fight the crisis.
Justice announced it was scheduling fentanyl substances as a drug class under the Controlled Substances Act.
Justice started a fraud crackdown, arresting more than 400.
The administration added $500 million to fight the crisis.
On National Drug Take Back Day, the Drug Enforcement Agency collected 456 tons.

List shamelessly stolen from https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/In-one-year-Trump-has-erased-Obamas-presidency-list-of-accomplishments-to-date-/5-2067890/
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:36:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It's probably not a ubiquitous cross section of nefarious folks these DACA people.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Point being?

Your talking about 0.125% of the total DACA number.

Really?  That's your argument?
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:42:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Point being?

It's not my argument Hans. We're talking about what Congress will present to the President.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:53:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It's not my argument Hans. We're talking about what Congress will present to the President.
View Quote
I'm actually also talking about what Trump would be ok with signing.  Which is just about ranked #1 in my  book
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:58:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm actually also talking about what Trump would be ok with signing.  Which is just about ranked #1 in my  book
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seems he's willing to sign a bill that has DACA in some fashion, provided it has security (wall, chain migration, lottery).
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:01:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Seems he's willing to sign a bill that has DACA in some fashion, provided it has security (wall, chain migration, lottery).
View Quote
I'm not necessarily against that either.  It's just path to legality versus citizenship
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:05:27 PM EDT
[#44]
I am not in favor of surrender, and most "compromise" appears to be unconditional.  But maybe I would trade it for the end of anchor babies and the the hearing protection; act.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:07:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Trump doesn't give something for nothing. There will be no clean DACA bill.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:10:46 PM EDT
[#46]
I have a lot of respect for what he has accomplished so far. I never thought he could do it. However immigration was one of the vital issues that won me over. He breaks his word on immigration it won't matter if I ever trust him again, this country will be betrayed beyond repair. The out of control immigration is the great hope of the Socialists to marginalize freedom.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:12:52 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote
Yep, she summed it up pretty well - if he caves in to the left he's finished.

He already burned a lot of political capital with his base when he said he wasn't interested in assigning a special prosecutor to Cankles.
It looks like they're trying to lose the House on purpose in 2018 so they won't have to do anything else with his agenda.
D's will be poised to take over the WH & Senate in 2020 - then they'll ram through their entire agenda & give themselves permanent majorities - hopefully some SCOTUS justices retire or drop dead before then...
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:13:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I'm not necessarily against that either.  It's just path to legality versus citizenship
View Quote
I'm not a proponent or fan of DACA, in fact I would just assume they go back. But candidly I don't think I would, don't think I could, vote to deport active duty military, some of which might be deployed.

And I'm no politician.

So when you realize the line isn't at no matter what, everyone must go back, you have to figure out where the line is then.

What about honorably discharged military?

Are some of these DACA people police? Fire? EMS?

Doctors, lawyers...?

Right or wrong there is no fortitude in Congress to deport at least some of the DACA folks. So that means we are likely to get some form of DACA.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:29:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I polled the four other guys sitting at the bar with me.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:33:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Has Trump fucked us yet? No! So spine up bitches!
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top