Link Posted: 2/7/2018 4:32:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh, so it might help some people?

Quick, regulate it!
View Quote
Threatens big pharma.

This is a loss for freedom. It will now proceed to be demonized like devil weed.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 5:24:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
RIP @PeteCO
View Quote
Nope!  Just fell asleep on my chair, relaxed a bit, but as far as I remember I didn't go on a killing spree, develop an addiction, become a Mexican drug cartel member, rape the dog, or develop unwholesome thoughts.  Shocker.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 5:29:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm sure the government has killed more people. Can we ban them?
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 5:36:41 PM EDT
[#4]
If they are trying to ban it...it means it works and Big Pharma doesn't like competition.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 5:41:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Lol. Do you really request all this stuff? That has no bearing on your everyday life?
View Quote
"MUH REGULATIONS!"

lol
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 5:41:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Had a guy a while back that hit several vehicles and kept on going. One followed him and got him stopped and called 911. When we began trying to talk to him, it was like his brain was on a loop. We'd ask him a question and he'd say" Good.  Fine" to everything.

What's your name? I'm good, fine.
Do you know what day it is? Yeah.  Good.  I'm fine.
Do you know where you are? Yeah.  I'm good. I'm fine.

Found a few bags of that stuff in his pocket. He'd just laugh occasionally and had to lay on the ground as he had trouble sitting up.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 5:42:04 PM EDT
[#8]
A good friend of mine had his life ruined and is now basically crazy from using that stuff. I don't know what's in it but it fucked him up good.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 6:00:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A good friend of mine had his life ruined and is now basically crazy from using that stuff. I don't know what's in it but it fucked him up good.
View Quote
Maybe he was crazy before seeking something to treat his mental illness.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.

And maybe he was self-medicating with other substances on top of the kratom.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 7:23:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Nearly every single substance abuser I've caught has been a flaming pile of shit excuse for a human being.

Nearly every single substance abuser I've caught has kratom in their possession when I search them or their car.

At this point it's more than a coincidence that substance abusers always possess shit like this for "chronic pain". But Muh back aches!
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 8:20:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nearly every single substance abuser I've caught has been a flaming pile of shit excuse for a human being.

Nearly every single substance abuser I've caught has kratom in their possession when I search them or their car.

At this point it's more than a coincidence that substance abusers always possess shit like this for "chronic pain". But Muh back aches!
View Quote
If you're a policeman, then it stands to reason that your sample of "substance abusers" is going to be mostly dominated by people who do shit to attract the attention of police.

In other words, your perception is probably skewed by selection bias.

Or do you consider the people in this very thread who say they use/have used kratom to be likely "flaming pile of shit excuses for human beings?"
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 9:25:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you're a policeman, then it stands to reason that your sample of "substance abusers" is going to be mostly dominated by people who do shit to attract the attention of police.

Or do you consider the people in this very thread who say they use/have used kratom to be likely "flaming pile of shit excuses for human beings?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Proud "flaming pile of shit excuse for a human being" here.

I don't drink.  I don't do drugs - legal or illegal.

I started taking kratom around two months ago.  It works well to give some relief for chronic back pain and arthritis.  It doesn't get me high, give me a buzz or provide any other effects.  It just cuts down on the pain a bit.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 10:39:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 10:40:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Fer da chillrens!!!1!1!
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 10:45:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I was under the impression that opioids were opium derived drugs, like opium from the poppy plant.

Kratom is not even remotely related to the poppy plant. But now it's "deemed" an opioid?

How does that work?

Guess I'll have to go do some google chemistry.

So kratom is supposed to create an opioid-like reaction and break down into morphine ...hmmm. Suspicious chemistry is suspicious.
View Quote
That is opiates, opioids are anything that acts on the opioid receptors in your brain
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 10:46:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Had a guy a while back that hit several vehicles and kept on going. One followed him and got him stopped and called 911. When we began trying to talk to him, it was like his brain was on a loop. We'd ask him a question and he'd say" Good.  Fine" to everything.

Found a few bags of that stuff in his pocket. He'd just laugh occasionally and had to lay on the ground as he had trouble sitting up.
View Quote
Oddly, after taking some of it earlier, I'm good.  Fine.

Weird.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 10:52:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
why cant people just stop taking mind altering substances?

... o wait, thats right, people are weak.
View Quote
Why can't people mind their own business, and respect the decisions others make about their own lives?
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:22:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Why can't people mind their own business, and respect the decisions others make about their own lives?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People are weak. whack.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:26:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Let'em do it.  Let'em do it all.   Only thing we have to do is bury them. Sounds like a win to me.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:45:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:51:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You've got opiates and opioids confused. It's a square vs rectangle type thing.  All opiates are opioids, but not all opioids are opiates.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was under the impression that opioids were opium derived drugs, like opium from the poppy plant.

Kratom is not even remotely related to the poppy plant. But now it's "deemed" an opioid?

How does that work?

So kratom is supposed to create an opioid-like reaction and break down into morphine ...hmmm. Suspicious chemistry is suspicious.
You've got opiates and opioids confused. It's a square vs rectangle type thing.  All opiates are opioids, but not all opioids are opiates.
This. Opiate = opium-derived. Opioid = action at opioid receptors.

The k-opioid receptor responds to kratom and happens to be a receptor that plays a role in addiction/reward behavior.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4258993/
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:55:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Cocaine and Heroin come from plants in the same way that Everclear comes from plants. After a bunch of processing, extraction, distillation, isolating, and chemical reactions in a lab.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In before OP learns that cocaine & heroin come from plants.
Cocaine and Heroin come from plants in the same way that Everclear comes from plants. After a bunch of processing, extraction, distillation, isolating, and chemical reactions in a lab.
That sounds similar to the way sugar is refined from cane or beets.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:57:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Oh FFS.  Save us from ourselves dear government!
View Quote
I said the same shit about narcan.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:58:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Big Pharma was losing money, can’t have that
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 12:00:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That sounds similar to the way sugar is refined from cane or beets.
View Quote
lol

I just made a cup of decaf with

2 drops of vanilla extract
teaspoon of brown sugar
couple of tablespoons of everclear

Hell yes.  Drugs are awesome.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 12:04:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Well, alcohol is actually covered in the constitution. Once banned, then ban reversed (18th amendment, then the 21st amendment), so it is actually covered constitutionally. Now, what is funny about that is that the states have some crazy ass laws on it, when if it is actually mentioned in the constitution, then it should be regulated by federal law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They better ban alcohol again then, by that logic.
Well, alcohol is actually covered in the constitution. Once banned, then ban reversed (18th amendment, then the 21st amendment), so it is actually covered constitutionally. Now, what is funny about that is that the states have some crazy ass laws on it, when if it is actually mentioned in the constitution, then it should be regulated by federal law.
Amazing that you reference the constitution without actually reading it. Read clause 2 of the repealing amendment.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 12:04:09 AM EDT
[#28]
How many people die every month in relation to alcohol?
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 1:44:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Am I wrong to say Narcan should be outlawed and nature take its course?
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 1:57:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Big pharma wants it banned. Can't have people going off their opioid pills.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 1:59:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
How many people die every month in relation to alcohol?
View Quote
Thousands. But funny how that goes totally ignored. Oh wait, it doesn't threaten Big Pharma! This country is so corrupt it is disgusting.

I've read Kratom helped a lot of addicts get off opiates by helping with withdrawal symptoms. Can't have that anymore.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 2:01:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
In before the Kratom neckbeards
View Quote
In after uneducated sheeple who listen to the MSM and big drug companies cheer them on to ban a harmless herbal remedy.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 2:20:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it was the same guys, all the damn time I was pushing Narcan on when I was cardiac tech. (ok paramedic 1) ....they had fucking bad veins.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 2:31:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Heard the name a few times here and there over the past few years. Didn't realize it had such a robust following. I assume people are cleaning out local stores before they pull it from the shelves?
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 3:53:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Good. Drug abusers can get bent.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 3:56:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Thousands. But funny how that goes totally ignored. Oh wait, it doesn't threaten Big Pharma! This country is so corrupt it is disgusting.

I've read Kratom helped a lot of addicts get off opiates by helping with withdrawal symptoms. Can't have that anymore.
View Quote
Sure, if you substitute one opioid for another, of course there isn't going to be withdrawal symptoms.

Love the conspiracy theories regarding Big Pharma, I'm sure its not drugged out thinking
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 10:03:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Sure, if you substitute one opioid for another, of course there isn't going to be withdrawal symptoms.

Love the conspiracy theories regarding Big Pharma, I'm sure its not drugged out thinking
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you stating that "Big Pharma" companies don't invest a Loooooot of money buying politicians so they can have the laws stacked in their favor?
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 10:09:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
There is no conspiracy, not one bit. Big business buys Congress critters to stack rules/regulations in their favor; similar things have been happening since the day currency of any sort has been established.

Remember the Golden Rule:
He who has the gold makes the rules
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 10:12:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Are you stating that "Big Pharma" companies don't invest a Loooooot of money buying politicians so they can have the laws stacked in their favor?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude buys drugs on Alibaba.  He doesn't make a lot of sense.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 10:16:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Kratom is NOT an opiate, the effects of kratom are drastically different and less intense than opiates, and it's also not addictive, and there's no withdraw if you stop taking it.  So it's great for getting OFF of opiates, and then once you're off, you can stop taking kratom.

Or, if you're not addicted to opiates, you can just take kratom to help relax, to relieve chronic pain, or for an energy boost if you need to get some motivation to get work done.  Just like people who drink coffee, smoke, or have a beer.

I know kratom.  I've taken it quite a few times.  It sometimes gives me a very light buzz but not every time, it helps me relax and calm down if I'm anxious, and makes it easier to feel motivated to work if I need to work, or relax if I need to relax.

I once tried to take 2-3 times the normal dose just to see what happened, and it wasn't pleasant anymore - it was like I had had too much coffee.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 10:22:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Change the line "found a few bags of that stuff in his pocket" to "found a few bottles in his car" and I've seen almost that exact scenario play out.  But the liquor has been deemed okay by the government.

Freedom!
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 10:23:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
The lowest common denominator here is "flaming pile of shit". Rules and laws won't change that.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 10:24:34 AM EDT
[#43]
It acts as a stimulant but is an "opioid"!!??
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 10:50:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Kratom is NOT an opiate, the effects of kratom are drastically different and less intense than opiates, and it's also not addictive, and there's no withdraw if you stop taking it.  So it's great for getting OFF of opiates, and then once you're off, you can stop taking kratom.

Or, if you're not addicted to opiates, you can just take kratom to help relax, to relieve chronic pain, or for an energy boost if you need to get some motivation to get work done.  Just like people who drink coffee, smoke, or have a beer.

I know kratom.  I've taken it quite a few times.  It sometimes gives me a very light buzz but not every time, it helps me relax and calm down if I'm anxious, and makes it easier to feel motivated to work if I need to work, or relax if I need to relax.

I once tried to take 2-3 times the normal dose just to see what happened, and it wasn't pleasant anymore - it was like I had had too much coffee.
View Quote
Exactly. And Kratom is from the coffee family.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 10:51:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
That is such BS. Its not an opiod. An opioid is a synthetic opiate. Its also not an opiate. It just stimulates the same receptors on the brain that opiates do.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 10:56:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Now we can finally win the war on drugs
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 11:00:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Bulk pre ban opioids! Buy cheap, stack deep. Amiright?!
View Quote
My grandfather was a WWI vet and had gotten some morphine back in the 1920's in case there was a serious accident on the farm to 'treat' them until they could get them to a doc. The typical dark brown medicine bottle about 2" tall.

My fucking junkie cousin stole it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 11:13:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

How does that work?

View Quote
"New research shows kratom acts in the brain just as other opioids do, FDA Commissioner Dr. Scott Gottlieb said in a statement"

Acts like an opiod.....LOL Notice he didn't say it was a opioid.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 11:46:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ignorant statement is ignorant.  I’m kind of surprised, coming from you.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 3:43:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
A friend told me that (depending on the person) if you load up on vicodins, it can help you stay awake for a LONG time.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top