Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2018 2:11:03 AM EDT
This thing is tapcofucked but I like it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 2:16:17 AM EDT
[#1]

Now if a reputable company made this little micro- red dot with that carry handle with integrated green laser.

http://www.rockstartactical.com/vism-by-ncstar-ar15-advanced-detachable-carry-handle-and-vdgrlb-green-dot-reflex-optic-w-red-laser-combo/
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 2:18:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Is makes your AR look like a G36.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 2:19:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like it has a laser on the top
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 2:19:42 AM EDT
[#4]
That might look cool on a futuristic-esque build. Also, what trigger is that?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 2:20:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Why?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 2:20:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is makes your AR look like a G36.  
View Quote
I like the looks of it. Was going to put an MRO in it
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 2:22:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks really nice OP.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 2:25:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Looks really nice OP.
View Quote
Its not mine. But I am cobbling together parts for my next  build- put together.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 2:58:15 AM EDT
[#9]
NCStar is a sin.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:00:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
NCStar is a sin.
View Quote
I know. But it looks pretty cool. You know if Geissele made it - it would be on every AR on this site.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:01:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Syfy network prop dept. is probably placing an order now.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:05:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Only if you use the carry handle to carry the gun. The rear sight is on the same plane as the rail mounted front would be, not in the top of the carry handle, so there's no need for losing that rail space.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:31:07 AM EDT
[#13]
So the rear sight and red dot are in the most inefficient locations possible? Short sight radius and a less forgiving red dot placement. Plus a squishy stock pistol. So much fail in that picture.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:32:16 AM EDT
[#14]
That's dumber than a box o' hammers
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:32:32 AM EDT
[#15]
They do look kind of cool like a G36. Mro would be too tall I think for actual use and not look right. I alway thought a micro on a gooseneck mount looks cool too.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:36:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Why?
View Quote
I came here to post this.

What possible benefit does that retarded contraption have over any stand alone red dot?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:54:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I came here to post this.

What possible benefit does that retarded contraption have over any stand alone red dot?
View Quote
Not a bad deal for something like a S&W 15-22 where you don't want to spend a bunch on a red dot and back up sight.

Not something I would trust on anything center fire though.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 6:53:16 AM EDT
[#18]
That's a lot of stuff for 89 bucks.

Don't expect too much quality.

FEATURES

Dual Locking Quick Release Mount that attaches to Picatinny rails

With the VDGRLB there is a Laser Channel machined onto the Top of the Carry Handle.

In the front is an adjustable for windage Back-Up Flip-Up Rear Aperture Iron Sight set at the proper 1½" AR15 sight height.

Green Dot Reflex Optic with integrated Red Laser is two sighting devices in a compact and sleek design.

Green Dot reticle is fully adjustable for Elevation & Windage.

Integrated Red Laser is fully adjustable for Elevation & Windage, independant from the Green Dot.

The Green Dot and Red Laser is controlled by a single Rheostat Dial.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 7:05:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That's a lot of stuff for 89 bucks.

Don't expect too much quality.
View Quote
I had an NCStar quick release mount break on the first use. I wouldn't spend the money on this because of that.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 7:05:59 AM EDT
[#20]
I never understood carry handles... Do people carry their Ar around like a suitcase.  Get a damn sling
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 7:08:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Is makes your AR look like a GAY36.  
View Quote
FIFY
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 7:11:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Looks like you could replace their optic with something like a primary arms if you wanted. Looks interesting imo.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 7:14:45 AM EDT
[#23]
How does that emergency back-up channel sight on top work with that big ol' nob in the way?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 7:21:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Shouldn't the peep sight be at the back and the red dot in front of the rear sight?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 7:26:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Shouldn't the peep sight be at the back and the red dot in front of the rear sight?
View Quote
The Chinese do everything backwards.  That being said, it looks kinda neat, and the cheapo red dot is removable ad on a rail, so you could replace it with a T1.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 7:41:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 7:42:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
How does that emergency back-up channel sight on top work with that big ol' nob in the way?
View Quote
Wut?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 7:47:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I know. But it looks pretty cool. You know if Geissele made it - it would be on every AR on this site.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 7:47:48 AM EDT
[#29]
You should feel bad OP.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 7:53:28 AM EDT
[#30]
That would look kinda cool on one of those Marauder uppers. Too bad it's NcStar
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 7:56:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Syfy network prop dept. is probably placing an order now.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 8:16:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Wut?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wut?
Ohhhh! I get it now! That's the lazor!

Conceptually, it is kewl.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 8:21:04 AM EDT
[#33]
I dont know why, but I like it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 8:24:46 AM EDT
[#34]
If I built something silly like with  one of those P-90 styled furniture sets then I might consider it,for maximum silly looks.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 8:26:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Is that thing mounted backward in OP's pic?  Should the red dot go up front?  Or does the shooter look at a dot projected through the peep sight mounted in front of it?  Is the diameter of the hole large enough for you to see the front sight since it is mounted that far ahead of you?  Interesting concept, but the way it is mounted is counter-intuitive.

ETA:  never mind, the laser would be pointed backward.  Meh. I'll just stick with my aim point and magpul BUIS...  that thing is too fucky for me.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 8:31:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Here, let me help you with this OP.

Quoted:
This carry handle red dot mount looks...silly and small, to the point of being useless as a carry handle.
View Quote
A.W.D.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 8:33:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The Chinese do everything backwards.  That being said, it looks kinda neat, and the cheapo red dot is removable ad on a rail, so you could replace it with a T1.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why would anyone put a T1 on a NCSTAR?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 8:33:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Does the red dot co-witness with a front BUIS?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 8:34:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
NCStar is a sin.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 8:36:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Is it just me or shouldn't that be mounted the opposite order?  Red dot out front, rear aperture to the back?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:03:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
That's dumber than a box o' hammers
View Quote
I have a box of hammers. Had.One time I collected up almost all my hammers in a big coffin size tote and it was sort of daunting how many different kinds of hammers I own and that are specialized.

The sights kinda dumb though. It's NCStar so the battery life is probably 37 minutes and it will die after the third battery forever, or right in the midst of a situation, whichever comes first.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:17:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ehhh... has a cool look to it, but I dont think Id be buying it anytime soon.

Now if it actually looks more like the G36 carry handle, maybe for that one build.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:21:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Laser + red dot would be all kinds of fucky due to collimation/divergence.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:31:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Is that thing mounted backward in OP's pic?  Should the red dot go up front?  Or does the shooter look at a dot projected through the peep sight mounted in front of it?  Is the diameter of the hole large enough for you to see the front sight since it is mounted that far ahead of you?  Interesting concept, but the way it is mounted is counter-intuitive.

ETA:  never mind, the laser would be pointed backward.  Meh. I'll just stick with my aim point and magpul BUIS...  that thing is too fucky for me.
View Quote
Can you imagine if using the Binden aiming concept!
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:42:23 AM EDT
[#45]

I have to admit, I saw one of those setups a couple months ago and almost bout it for the mount. But the bad reputation for quality has always kept me away. Shit if it was even made by UTG I might get one.

The more I think about it tho, the more tapco fucky it feels. I'm talking SKS banana-clip feels...
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:53:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Yo dawg, heard you like back up sights....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:03:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Your're are not wrong, ya know
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:10:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I have to admit, I saw one of those setups a couple months ago and almost bout it for the mount. But the bad reputation for quality has always kept me away. Shit if it was even made by UTG I might get one.

The more I think about it tho, the more tapco fucky it feels. I'm talking SKS banana-clip feels...
View Quote
I've actually had pretty good luck with the two UTG sights I have. They came on the guns, and I figured to replace them. But they worked so well, I never bothered. YMMV
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 11:06:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:  Is it just me or shouldn't that be mounted the opposite order?  Red dot out front, rear aperture to the back?
View Quote
Well, it's all Picatinny, so you can just turn the red dot around and mount it backwards.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 12:49:54 PM EDT
[#50]
You know, that looks pretty good- without the A2 sights in the back.  I may be super ghetto and mount it at the 9-o'clock position on my rail so I get me some sideways back up sight that is kind of protected.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top