Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 5:43:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure how someone has the balls to name themselves "The King" and tattoo "Chosen 1" on their back in huge letters.

https://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/c_limit,w_680/fl_lossy,pg_1,q_auto/p2wvbk3nwsj1ep087juj.jpg

If that's not enough for you, then how about a little Christ pose complete with using the word witness.  I think this is gross.

https://cdn-blogs.tribune.com.pk/2016/06/35397-cover-1466598696-618-640x480.jpg

http://cdn.wallpapersafari.com/86/38/grNJly.jpg
View Quote
Basketball nicknames are not what you yourself choose, I played with lots of street legends, if you go around the court saying call me this or call me that, people will humiliate you on the court.  Names are given to you by what you did on the court. If you earned a nickname on the courts, you proved yourself
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 5:46:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Not sure how someone has the balls to name themselves "The King" and tattoo "Chosen 1" on their back in huge letters.

https://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/c_limit,w_680/fl_lossy,pg_1,q_auto/p2wvbk3nwsj1ep087juj.jpg

If that's not enough for you, then how about a little Christ pose complete with using the word witness.  I think this is gross.

https://cdn-blogs.tribune.com.pk/2016/06/35397-cover-1466598696-618-640x480.jpg

http://cdn.wallpapersafari.com/86/38/grNJly.jpg
View Quote
The chosen one tat he got in high school after sports illustrated did a cover story about him calling him that when he was a junior. A high school kid make a bad decision? Never happens...

The “witness” ad came from Nike- you might want to get with their marketing department and write them a stern letter... Christ pose? Lol, really?

I believe “the king” was his nickname in high school because he crushed everybody... he didn’t think it up. Again, high school kids... my nickname in high school was far dorkier.

I guarantee I’d have a much worse attitude if I was that good and/or had that many people kissing my ass at that age and throwing millions at me. Hell, I had a shitty attitude anyway.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 5:57:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Basketball nicknames are not what you yourself choose, I played with lots of street legends, if you go around the court saying call me this or call me that, people will humiliate you on the court.  Names are given to you by what you did on the court. If you earned a nickname on the courts, you proved yourself
View Quote
OK, lets pretend the name King James wasn't Lebron's idea.  What about all the Jesus Christ language and imagery?  Also, did someone tattoo Chosen 1 on his back against his will?

This guy has an ego the size of Mars and some of it is downright offensive.  Oh, and maybe he didn't get the memo, but Kings are supposed to conquer........not make excuses about refs and teammates.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Barkley, the round mound of rebound

Chauncey Billups, Mr. Big Stuff

Allen Iverson, the Answer

Paul Pierce, The Truth

Kobe Bryant, Black mamba

LBJ The King

Kenny Smith The Jet

Bill Russell – "Russ"
S
Arvydas Sabonis – "Sabas"[116]
Domantas Sabonis - "Sabas Jr."
John Salley – "Spider"[10]
Tom Sanders – "Satch" or "Satch Sanders"[10][11]
Kevin Seraphin – "Man Bear Pig"[citation needed]
Brian Scalabrine – "The White Mamba",[117][118]
Oscar Schmidt – "Mão Santa" (Portuguese for "Holy Hand")[119]
Sofoklis Schortsianitis - "Baby Shaq", "Big Sofo"
Luis Scola – "Ice Cream Man"[120]
Jon Scheyer – "The Jewish Jordan"[121]
Iman Shumpert – "Shump"
Ralph Siewert – "Sky",[98] and later "Timber"[122]
Dennis Scott – "3D"
James Silas – "Captain Late"[28] (because he was at his best near the end of games),[28] "The Snake", "The Late Mr. Silas"
Jonathon Simmons – "Juice"
Henry Sims – "Lickface"[123]
Ben Simmons - "Big Ben"
Bobby Smith – "Bingo"[21]
Craig Smith – "Rhino"[10]
Josh Smith – "J-Smoove"[124]
Kenny Smith – "The Jet"[125]
J. R. Smith – "JR Swish"
Larry Smith – "Mr. Mean"[17]
Rik Smits – "The Flying Dutchman" or "The Dunkin' Dutchman"[126]
Marreese Speights – "Mo' Buckets"[127]
Latrell Sprewell – "Spree"[128]
Dave Stallworth – "The Rave"[13]
Nik Stauskas – "Sauce Castillo"[129]
Lance Stephenson – "Born Ready"
Maurice Stokes – "Big Mo"[11]
Amar'e Stoudemire – "STAT" (Standing Tall and Talented)[130]
Predrag Stojakovic – "Peja"[citation needed]
Jerry Stackhouse – "Stack", "House"
T
Reece Tatum – "Goose"[11]
Jason Terry – "JET" (his initials)[citation needed]
Isiah Thomas (born in 1961) – "Zeke",[10][131] "Cuts"[131] (for the cuts he would suffer while driving the lane),[131] "The Baby-Faced Assassin"[131] (for his young appearance contrasted with his shooting skill)[131]
Kurt Thomas – "Mid Life",[132] "Dirty Kurt", "Big Sexy"
David Thompson – "The Skywalker"[23]
Sedale Threatt – "The Thief"[10]
Andrew Toney – "The Boston Strangler" (because he kept "killing" the Boston Celtics in big games)[61]
Karl-Anthony Towns – "Big KAT",[133] "Special-K"
Robert Traylor – "Tractor Traylor"[10][21]
Melvin Turpin – "Golden Arches"[16]
V
Denzel Valentine – "Zel"[134]
Nick Van Exel – "Nasty Nick",[135] "Nick Van Excellent",[135] "Nick the Quick"[135]
Anderson Varejão – "Wild Thing"[21]
Stojko Vrankovic – "Human Victory Cigar", because he played at the end of blowout games where Red Auerbach would light his cigar.[99]
Dick Van Arsdale – "The Original Sun"[136]
W
Dwyane Wade – "D-Wade", "Flash"
Kemba Walker - "Cardiac Kemba"[137]
Ben Wallace – "Big Ben"[citation needed]
Gerald Wallace – "Crash"[citation needed] "G-Force"
Rasheed Wallace – "Sheed"[citation needed]
Anthony Jerome Webb – "Spud"[11]
Chris Webber – "C-Webb"[citation needed]
Jerry West – "Mr. Clutch", "The Logo" (because he was incorporated into the NBA Logo)
Andrew Wiggins – "Maple Jordan",[138]
Dominique Wilkins – "The Human Highlight Film"[citation needed]
Jamaal Wilkes – "Silk"[citation needed]
Deron Williams – "D-Will"[citation needed]
Jason Williams – "White Chocolate"[139]
John Williams – "Hot Rod"
Jerome Williams – "Junkyard Dog"[citation needed]
John Sam Williams – "Hot Plate"[citation needed]
Lou Williams - "Sweet Lou"
James Worthy – "Big Game James"[citation needed]
Y
Guerschon Yabusele - "The Dancing Bear"
Yao Ming – "Ming Dynasty", "Chairman Yao",[56] "Shaquie Chan",[56] "TheGreat Wall of China"
Nick Young – "Swaggy P" ,[140] "Uncle P", "Bean Burrito"
Z
Max Zaslofsky – "Slats"[141]
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 5:59:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

OK, lets pretend the name King James wasn't Lebron's idea.  What about all the Jesus Christ language and imagery?  Also, did someone tattoo Chosen 1 on his back against his will?

This guy has an ego the size of Mars and some of it is downright offensive.  Oh, and maybe he didn't get the memo, but Kings are supposed to conquer........not make excuses about refs and teammates.
View Quote
How humble were you when SI did a cover story about you at 16?

Is LeBron a marketing/advertising designer at Nike now too? Not sure it qualifies as a “Christ pose” to anyone but you, churchlady...

And to think, David Robinson was “the Admiral”- a rank he never achieved.

Bask in the fountain of boundless butthurt.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 6:04:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Basketball players cannot be timid, it’s about proving yourself, shutting up trash talkers, how many guys have went up to MJ and LBJ and said they were better.

OJ Mayo tells the story of playing against Michael Jordan
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 6:07:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The “witness” ad came from Nike- you might want to get with their marketing department and write them a stern letter... Christ pose? Lol, really?
View Quote
Yes, Christ pose.  Especially when you add the word "Witness" to it which is a concept that is frequently used in Christianity.  Google "Christ pose" and take a gander at what comes up.

The fact that it's a Nike add is no excuse.  If some marketing douchbag tried to nail me to a cross to sell sneakers I'd tell him to go fuck himself.  Adults are accountable for the things that they participate in.  Excuses can take a walk,

Bottom line, Lebron James loves the smell of his own farts.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 6:13:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:Not sure it qualifies as a “Christ pose” to anyone but you, churchlady....
View Quote
You are in some serious denial.  That is exactly what is supposed to represent.

Google "Christian Witness" and have a glance at it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 6:13:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yes, Christ pose.  Especially when you add the word "Witness" to it which is a concept that is frequently used in Christianity.  Google "Christ pose" and take a gander at what comes up.

The fact that it's a Nike add is no excuse.  If some marketing douchbag tried to nail me to a cross to sell sneakers I'd tell him to go fuck himself.  Adults are accountable for the things that they participate in.  Excuses can take a walk,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone who ever spread their arms is taking a Christ pose?

Isn’t that special...
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 6:15:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I believe Jerry West's best nickname is, Zeke from Cabin Creek.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 6:16:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You are in some serious denial.  That is exactly what is supposed to represent.

Google "Christian Witness" and have a glance at it.
View Quote
And you wallow in the land of the permanently offended...
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 6:19:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Anyone who ever spread their arms is taking a Christ pose?

Isn’t that special...
View Quote
I think you are intentionally denying that which should be obvious to anyone with even half a brain.  Lebron's marketing is loaded with Jesus references.

King James?  Hmmm.  What an amazing series of coincidences.

Link Posted: 6/4/2018 6:50:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I think you are intentionally denying that which should be obvious to anyone with even half a brain.  Lebron's marketing is loaded with Jesus references.

King James?  Hmmm.  What an amazing series of coincidences.

https://www.christianartgifts.com/product-images/KJV028_1--front.jpg?resizeid=5&resizeh=1200&resizew=1200
View Quote
Omg his mom is in on it too!  The horror!

Please go on!

It’s everywhere!

And speaking of kings...

Link Posted: 6/4/2018 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Please go on!

It’s everywhere!
View Quote
Speaking of his mom...........

https://atlantadailyworld.com/2014/08/09/delonte-west-confirms-he-slept-with-lebron-james-mother/

Enjoy watching your false idol take his 6th loss in the NBA Finals.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 6:13:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Elvis was the original King

Larry Bird was the Great White Hope and the Hick from French Lick

Michael Jackson was the King of Pop

James Brown The Godfather of Soul
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 7:24:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I believe Jerry West's best nickname is, Zeke from Cabin Creek.
View Quote
He is the “Logo” on every basketball
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 7:28:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

https://atlantadailyworld.com/2014/08/09/delonte-west-confirms-he-slept-with-lebron-james-mother/

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please go on!

It’s everywhere!

A false idol that almost any team desperate for glory opens their door. Without even the ink drying or his salary discussed The King guaranteed Cleveland $750,000,000.00 in revenue
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 7:59:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hate to disappoint you, beard police, but I’m a Spurs fan.

Omg Christ pose! Idolatry!

Now run along, somewhere women are shamelessly displaying their ankles and leaving their heads uncovered... outrage!
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 8:16:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Hate to disappoint you, beard police, but I’m a Spurs fan.

Omg Christ pose! Idolatry!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/69531/CFC09E69-C798-4510-8F4A-9F87B3CE3474-566504.jpg

Now run along, somewhere women are shamelessly displaying their ankles and leaving their heads uncovered... outrage!
View Quote
I always thought that Sgt Elias was Christlike

Link Posted: 6/5/2018 8:17:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

http://movieboozer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/PlatoonFeature2.jpeg
View Quote
He didn’t come back, though.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 8:44:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://movieboozer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/PlatoonFeature2.jpeg
He sure did, in other movies
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 8:47:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please go on!

It’s everywhere!

John Lennon said he was more influential than “hay-soos”
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 2:33:21 PM EDT
[#23]
How do you Warriors fans/cavs haters explain the no call here?

Link Posted: 6/5/2018 2:37:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdSnI9KwuK4
View Quote
You mean why didn’t LeBron get a T for being a bitch (instead of giving one to Lue, LOL)?

Because it’s Lebron.

As for the pass, 3 guys went up for the ball, all had equal rights to it. It went off LeBron’s hands and he tripped over another player when nobody had possession of the ball.

BTW, not a fan or a hater of either team. One is just a better team (and the other has the best player on the floor).
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You mean why didn’t LeBron get a T for being a bitch (instead of giving one to Lue, LOL)?

Because it’s Lebron.

As for the pass, 3 guys went up for the ball, all had equal rights to it. It went off LeBron’s hands and he tripped over another player when nobody had possession of the ball.

BTW, not a fan or a hater of either team. One is just a better team (and the other has the best player on the floor).
View Quote
uh, no

That was a pass from Love to lebron.  Making lebron the offensive player.  The defense (warriors) has to allow the offense a clear chance to land
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
uh, no

That was a pass from Love to lebron.  Making lebron the offensive player.  The defense (warriors) has to allow the offense a clear chance to land
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it’s Lebron.

uh, no

They were tangled up before anyone ever got the ball, much less before they landed.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 3:20:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Because it’s Lebron.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it’s Lebron.

Lol
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 3:27:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Here’s a plan: if you want to win, score more points than the other team.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

They were tangled up before anyone ever got the ball, much less before they landed.
View Quote
How close do you follow the NBA?

I only ask because the NBA has already came out and said that should have been a foul on the warriors.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 3:49:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I only ask because the NBA has already came out and said that should have been a foul on the warriors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great.

There are dozens of miscalled fouls in every game. LeBron benefits from more than pretty much everybody else.

If they missed that one, big deal - you lost by 19.

If it makes you feel any better you can say you lost by 17.

Thing is, when your team commits the foul, it’s “sheesh, let ‘em play... back in the old days they wouldn’t call that junk”, but when it’s the “other team”, you want everything to go your way.

GS got outplayed and lucky in game 1 (mostly because CLE couldn’t make crucial free throws and didn’t call time out or drive to the rim in a crucial time).

GS beat cleveland’s ass in game 2. You’re crying about 1 call?

Stop crying and get ready for game 3.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Great.

There are dozens of miscalled fouls in every game. LeBron benefits from more than pretty much everybody else.

Thing is, when your team commits the foul, it’s “sheesh, let ‘em play... back in the old days they wouldn’t call that junk”, but when it’s the “other team”, you want everything to go your way.

GS got outplayed and lucky in game 1 (mostly because CLE couldn’t make crucial free throws and didn’t call time out or drive to the rim in a crucial time).

View Quote
I'll admit when Cleveland gets a bad call

But so far in this series how many missed calls, that the NBA has admitted to, have benefited the cavs? It's 0
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 4:06:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

But so far in this series how many missed calls, that the NBA has admitted to, have benefited the cavs? It's 0
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great.

Lol whatever. Better luck next year.  You have the GOAT, but that bunch of scrubs and mediocre coach aren’t beating this GS team (or Houston).  In a couple years, the 6ers are going to be better than you (especially if LeBron bolts).

IIRC there was a missed goaltending call on LeBron that the officials admitted. Difference? Less crying.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 4:50:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
I believe it was all inadvertent contact.
They all went up for the ball and I think it was a good no call.

Now, if they would have called a foul, that would have been ok as well.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 8:16:23 PM EDT
[#34]
New UNSEEN LeBron, JR Smith REACTION From Bench After Game 1 Dumb Mistake
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 8:36:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Stephen A. and Max react to new video of Cavaliers bench after JR Smith blunder | First Take | ESPN
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 8:46:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Did you see how bummed out James was while sitting there?

Link Posted: 6/6/2018 9:30:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

He knew JR Swish was an asshole, it’s not the first time Lebron blew his stack with him, guy shoots lights out, just does stupid shit
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 9:32:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
He knew JR Swish was an asshole, it’s not the first time Lebron blew his stack with him, guy shoots lights out, just does stupid shit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He looked VERY similar to how I look when I hear a libtard talk.

Link Posted: 6/6/2018 2:16:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Game 3 tonight.

Can Cleveland get one?
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 2:55:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Game 3 tonight.

Can Cleveland get one?
View Quote
Never forget, the warriors once blew a 3-1 lead
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 3:02:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Game 3 tonight.

Can Cleveland get one?
At home, Cleveland

Warriors start missing 3s

Lebron distributes early, lots of Love along with Klhoe on the offensive and defensive glass

I see the Land beat the Town by at least 3 but maybe close to 8 if the Fab 4 quit
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 3:03:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Game 3 tonight.

Can Cleveland get one?
That won't be happening
One team needs to steal one because I want a free Doritos Taco
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 3:10:04 PM EDT
[#43]
If Iguodala plays I'll take the Warriors. Other than that it's a toss up.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 3:15:38 PM EDT
[#44]
I hope they all lose
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 7:53:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Cav's are getting blown out.

LOL
View Quote
They were getting blown out in 2016 NBA Final, too.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 7:56:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Game 3 tonight.

Can Cleveland get one?
View Quote
If they do, this is the one.

GS coming off two victories, after winning last year-cocky, complacent, on the road.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 8:39:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Iggy is playing tonight. Another body to put on Lebron.

We've missed him.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 9:14:24 PM EDT
[#48]
why not put perk in to gouge draymonds eye after he did it to lebron?
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 9:16:56 PM EDT
[#49]
OMG LEBRON
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 9:17:52 PM EDT
[#50]
NBA has to have this go seven.  
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top