Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 10:47:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know why gun owners continue inviting the liberal press into their lives. They will NEVER treat us fairly.
View Quote
We help them by refuting their bullshit with actual knowledge.

It does nothing to help our side but helps them learn more.

We can never win because of this. They keep spouting bullshit, we correct them with facts, and they take those facts, twist them and we have to fight the next round of bullshit.

WE NEED TO QUIT “TEACHING THEM” HOW TO FIGHT US.

Rant over fuck them.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 10:51:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Read the article, actually not rabidly anti-gun
View Quote
Ya I thought the same thing. It was surprisingly fair and informative

It was however lacking in explaining this: But Mr. Crumling has also created something else in his garage that distinguishes him from his peers, a potential solution to a problem that has long vexed creators of 3-D printed guns: a bullet that wouldn’t ruin the plastic firearms.

They don't explain that at all, only that DIY guns are becoming better and people are working on ammo for them that won't fuck up the gun
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 10:59:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I can reload and finish 80% lowers, I can make AK receivers as well.

I would make a reporter shit his pants if he came into my shop.

Link Posted: 10/7/2018 11:03:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
GHOST BULLETS!!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was only a matter of time.  :/

The evils of reloding.  WTF.
GHOST BULLETS!!!!
Wait until they find out that we have known for decades how to make a recovered bullet have no rifling marks on it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 11:03:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
You don't understand the liberal agenda machine.

First have some stories about how scary or dangerous something is (3D guns).

Next educate folks on how easy it is to make scary bullets at home.

Finally push for "something to be done".
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 11:08:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 11:08:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
GHOST BULLETS!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was only a matter of time.  :/

The evils of reloding.  WTF.
GHOST BULLETS!!!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 11:10:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/05/us/3d-printed-guns-homemade-ammunition.html

But Mr. Crumling has also created something else in his garage that distinguishes him from his peers, a potential solution to a problem that has long vexed creators of 3-D printed guns: a bullet that wouldn't ruin the plastic firearms.
View Quote
That's a nice press he's got.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/30639/686384CF-D960-44F1-8501-6EFB6F893EC3-697111.JPG
View Quote
It's more tedious, but this would absolutely work.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 11:11:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Which Dillon is red?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What’s wrong with red?
Which Dillon is red?
Their single stage.

Oh, wait....
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 11:16:32 PM EDT
[#10]
They cater to people who want to be spoon fed an alternate reality. Coastal elites who literal have no idea about how things actually work. They can read some article and stand with their pinky out at a cocktail party and speak about some edgy topic coming off as morally superior. FTNYT.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 11:16:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Go be rich somewhere else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What’s wrong with red?
Which Dillon is red?
Go be rich somewhere else.
Buying the press isn’t what will break you. It’s feeding it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 11:17:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Powder and primers.   If they wanted to, they could shut us down just by restricting access to either of those.

99.999% of reloaders would not be able to make either powder or primers.   At least, not safely.
View Quote
But this .0001% would.. And supply locals..
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 11:19:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I can reload and finish 80% lowers, I can make AK receivers as well.

I would make a reporter shit his pants if he came into my shop.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/20856/IMG-0711-124403.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/20856/4A9D2777-4135-41F1-A0EC-A3E777EEECF0-697798.jpg
View Quote
light weight..

Step up your game!
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 11:19:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
As far as NYT articles go it’s mostly accurate, and doesn’t try to smear gun owners too bad.
But it’s still not great.
View Quote
Hey, when that man molested that little girl, at least he didn't hurt her..........too bad.

Same thing.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 11:21:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Pretty fair article, any possible technical issues were very minor.

They will, however, eventually come for reloaders. The relative obscurity and a perceived high barrier to entry are the only things protecting it now, IMO.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 11:22:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What’s wrong with red?
View Quote
Simple, its not Blue...DUH
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 11:33:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

We can never win because of this. They keep spouting bullshit, we correct them with facts, and they take those facts, twist them and we have to fight the next round of bullshit.

WE NEED TO QUIT "TEACHING THEM" HOW TO FIGHT US.

Rant over fuck them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know why gun owners continue inviting the liberal press into their lives. They will NEVER treat us fairly.

WE NEED TO QUIT "TEACHING THEM" HOW TO FIGHT US.

Rant over fuck them.

There's just too many in the gun community who think they'll be the savior that finally opens up these leftists eyes when in reality their being used for information warfare purposes. It's about as annoying as the idiots who keep writing the ATF about pistol braces and 7n6
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 11:42:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

There's just too many in the gun community who think they'll be the savior that finally opens up these leftists eyes when in reality their being used for information warfare purposes. It's about as annoying as the idiots who keep writing the ATF about pistol braces and 7n6
View Quote
Being a "savior" to leftists isn't the point.

The point is to inform fence-sitters that (1.) there is a compelling alternate viewpoint, and (2.) it's based on actual facts.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 11:54:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The point is to inform fence-sitters that (1.) there is a compelling alternate viewpoint, and (2.) it's based on actual facts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that is a valid point.  ...until the news media edits the message to fit their agenda.

Inform the fence-sitters directly or through social media.  The news media will cherry pick your statements to make the story they want.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 11:57:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
That was my first thought.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the special 3D gun ammo? A steel cartridge thick enough to not need chamber support?
That was my first thought.
Extend it a bit and rifle the free bore section and you would be completely GTG
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 12:00:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
kinda what im thinking.. take what would be a bullet, extend the neck 2-3 inches rifle it. make the case out of stainless steel, with a nice beefy .100 thickenss.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 12:03:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

WE NEED TO QUIT “TEACHING THEM” HOW TO FIGHT US.

Rant over fuck them.
View Quote
The only winning will happen when 3 guys clear out the NYT building on a Tuesday morning.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 12:29:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
kinda what im thinking.. take what would be a bullet, extend the neck 2-3 inches rifle it. make the case out of stainless steel, with a nice beefy .100 thickenss.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
With a case like that, you wouldn't have to worry about stuff like flaring the case mouth to get the bullet started, then crimping it to hold the bullet.

Just bevel the case mouth a bit to help with starting the bullet, then let the rifling hold the bullet in place, after it is pressed in to the proper depth.

End result is a muzzle loading, primer fired, barrel that is quickly swapped for another barrel, instead of reloading the same barrel.

ETA: Figuring out a way to feed those 'pre-loaded barrels' from a magazine, without the muzzles chewing on the internals of the plastic gun, would be a challenge.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 12:35:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Making your own ammo . . . horrifying.

If only the founders could have foreseen such a thing.

Link Posted: 10/8/2018 12:41:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

With a case like that, you wouldn't have to worry about stuff like flaring the case mouth to get the bullet started, then crimping it to hold the bullet.

Just bevel the case mouth a bit to help with starting the bullet, then let the rifling hold the bullet in place, after it is pressed in to the proper depth.

End result is a muzzle loading, primer fired, barrel that is quickly swapped for another barrel, instead of reloading the same barrel.

ETA: Figuring out a way to feed those 'pre-loaded barrels' from a magazine, without the muzzles chewing on the internals of the plastic gun, would be a challenge.
View Quote
revolver.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 12:53:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
revolver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

revolver.
Too old school for a plastic gun, and not the easiest thing to make semi-auto.

Imagine the liberal hysteria over matching the recovered bullets to the barrel being made pointless, because the barrel is ejected from the gun after each shot.

ETA:  Maybe something like this
Attachment Attached File

Sort of a 'bolt over barrel' type action, with the barrels being fed forward a short distance from the magazine, and the 'bolt' sliding over the barrel to chamber it.  When the gun is fired, the 'bolt' recoils and ejects the spent barrel.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 1:17:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
And that is a valid point.  ...until the news media edits the message to fit their agenda.

Inform the fence-sitters directly or through social media.  The news media will cherry pick your statements to make the story they want.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 1:27:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

But this time it will be different...
View Quote
And by doing the interview, they give false credibility to the propaganda.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 1:34:27 AM EDT
[#29]
If my mold finned that badly I'd be doing some clean up work. My stuff certainly isn't the greatest, but it works well enough for me.

This will set the purists on fire...

Link Posted: 10/8/2018 1:47:50 AM EDT
[#30]
After the massive setback with Hillary losing, the left is coming to understand that they're way, way too late with the disarmament nonsense.

Bill didn't have the political capital.  Obama couldn't be bothered to get it done, despite letting a bunch of his underlings break the law left and right trying to set up the right conditions.

They've flat out failed.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 1:49:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
After the massive setback with Hillary losing, the left is coming to understand that they're way, way too late with the disarmament nonsense.

Bill didn't have the political capital.  Obama couldn't be bothered to get it done, despite letting a bunch of his underlings break the law left and right trying to set up the right conditions.

They've flat out failed.
View Quote
And now we have more guns than most countries in private hands.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 1:58:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They've flat out failed.
Along with expanding the number of private citizens that are capable of making their own guns.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:03:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Me as I make my “DIY Ammo”

Legend Devil Laugh Loop of Death
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:37:07 AM EDT
[#34]
My wife saw that article yesterday and came to me showed it to me and said "hey honey.  Isnt this what you do with your reloading stuff in workshop"  I looked at it and said, yep it sure is.  She smiled, said "Very Cool" and walked back out.

Link Posted: 10/8/2018 9:41:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i agree.

The liberals have realized that their rabid hate machine doesn’t work, and only makes them look stupid by hilighting how little they know about the topic. This is their new gentler approach where they “attempt to learn.” And by “learn” I mean “write an expose designed to introduce fear into peoples’ minds under the guise of understanding.

They’ve started to adopt this tactic within the past month or two. It’s every bit as insidious as their past campaign, just in a less hysterical shell.

Be on the lookout.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 10:41:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The news media doesn't need me to say anything in order to fit their agenda. When necessary, they will dream up statements and events out of thin air.

Remember Katie Couric's story about gun control where they got caught fabricating the answer to a question? NOTHING you could have said (or avoided saying) would have prevented them from doing what they did.

Liars gonna lie - with or without you.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 11:05:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure making the state unlivable so people move to red States is done intentionally. A lot of the people who move will never put two and two together and realize that the high taxes and shitty economy are the result of democrat policies that they will push for in their new state. Others will realize that the high taxes and democrat policies did ruin NY but will still vote and push for some of them thinking just this one little change can't hurt never realizing that NY became NY through just one change at a time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah NY is going to go nuts in 2019 with limits  on how much ammo you can buy (anyway that's guess). I figured they never heard of reloading but here's the NYT
And Cuomo will continue to be Uhaul salesman of the year.

Unless people like living there, which I can't imagine...
I'm pretty sure making the state unlivable so people move to red States is done intentionally. A lot of the people who move will never put two and two together and realize that the high taxes and shitty economy are the result of democrat policies that they will push for in their new state. Others will realize that the high taxes and democrat policies did ruin NY but will still vote and push for some of them thinking just this one little change can't hurt never realizing that NY became NY through just one change at a time.
Just last month Cuomo said it was the weather that was making everyone move away from NY.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Geez. That's terrible. The boolit looks pretty good considering how terrible that mold looks. I don't know how the nose could possibly vent with that much lead in the vent grooves.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 11:31:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It is called reloading.
View Quote
It's a new and dangerous development that's been going on since the 17th century.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 11:35:00 AM EDT
[#40]
don't be surprised if they come after relaoding by banning power and primers
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 11:35:57 AM EDT
[#41]
in before "This isn't the hill to die on"
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 11:40:31 AM EDT
[#42]

Holy shit, a portable bullet factory.  Save the childrens.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 12:52:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't waste my time reading their BS journalism, but I have seen this before, I think the purpose of the story is to initially inform. The NYT is not altruistic; later they will  demand that this process be regulated. The NYT has NEVER been a friend of the gunners or the NRA etc.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:01:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The news media doesn't need me to say anything in order to fit their agenda. When necessary, they will dream up statements and events out of thin air.

Remember Katie Couric's story about gun control where they got caught fabricating the answer to a question? NOTHING you could have said (or avoided saying) would have prevented them from doing what they did.

Liars gonna lie - with or without you.
View Quote
Piccolo has a funny story about some libidiot reporter, exposing the "Militia Training" going on in his state.
It was a regular Garand competition.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 11:14:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Piccolo has a funny story about some libidiot reporter, exposing the "Militia Training" going on in his state.
It was a regular Garand competition.
View Quote
@piccolo ?
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 9:10:20 PM EDT
[#48]
I wonder how they would feel to know that a hundred years ago reloading tools were ordered with the gun.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 9:53:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I wonder how they would feel to know that a hundred years ago reloading tools were ordered with the gun.
View Quote
"...as the founding fathers intended."
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 10:01:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Invisible guns!
Untraceable ammo!

Where will it all end?!?
View Quote
Not to mention hardly any sound when the gun goes off!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top