User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 5:49:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 6:56:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

2) Gun owners with huge egos that think they know more than they actually do. For example: I happen to know a bit about ammunition for self-defense, and I bite my tongue bloody when I overhear people giving advice about the subject that makes it clear they don't know jack.

That's why I keep all my Glocks loaded with G2 RIP. I don't even want to touch it while it's not moving. That means it's gonna leave a 1 foot hole on the exit wound. It ain't even legal to sell in New York or California, cause it's premeditated murder

3) Gun owners who distort their ability by only posting cherry-picked 3-shot groups on the internet. MY GUN SHOOTS 1/2 MOA ALL DAY LONG, SEE? Bullcrap. All you're doing is bolstering your own ego and making normal people think that their $300 Remington 700 is broken because it shoots 1.25 MOA with factory ammo.

I always shoot .224" groups with my AR15. I make sure to use the USSOGWAR 1 shot group to definitively prove my barrel is as precise as humanly possible.

4) The braggards who suggest a $3,000 Schmidt & Bender to the guy who asked for a decent hunting scope for his kid's 30-06.

SYGL/GBPSE.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 9:33:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 9:34:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 9:36:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 11:44:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 2/8/2019 11:49:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I’m always at a loss when people show me their guns with a bunch of colored anodized bling parts, or an elaborate paint/cerakote job/themed gun.

I just say “Looks nice.”  No need to criticize, but that shit looks dumb.  Same with elaborate shaped lowers (skull, spartan), color filled roll marks, cringy sayings on dust covers, etc.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 12:48:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Some of the latest gayness going around on /r/ar15 on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ar15/comments/anmqnj/played_titanfall_in_college_build/

Link Posted: 2/8/2019 12:50:36 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote
I've always wanted to do a Borderlands themed AR

I wouldn't buy that stock, but it's kind of neat looking.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
The color is okay, but that stock and front grip are lame as fuck.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:01:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but if you think about it like a movie/game prop it kind of paints a different picture you know?
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:01:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
People who name their guns
View Quote
Don't you be bad mouthing Charlene
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:13:19 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote
I'd be lying if there wasn't a tiny part of me that wanted to paint up one or two of my SBRs like some of the shader schemes in Destiny 2
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
"TOXIC" gun culture is what makes me mad. There are several behaviors exhibited by people in the shooting community that make me roll my eyes:

1) Guys who abuse their novice wives/girlfriends by having them shoot a .500S&W or 10ga loaded with magnum loads just so they can laugh at these women when they get knocked on their ass. Rather than getting more women on our side, they've just ridiculed them. Not cool.
2) Gun owners with huge egos that think they know more than they actually do. For example: I happen to know a bit about ammunition for self-defense, and I bite my tongue bloody when I overhear people giving advice about the subject that makes it clear they don't know jack.
3) Gun owners who distort their ability by only posting cherry-picked 3-shot groups on the internet. MY GUN SHOOTS 1/2 MOA ALL DAY LONG, SEE? Bullcrap. All you're doing is bolstering your own ego and making normal people think that their $300 Remington 700 is broken because it shoots 1.25 MOA with factory ammo.
4) The braggards who suggest a $3,000 Schmidt & Bender to the guy who asked for a decent hunting scope for his kid's 30-06.

I'm sure there are more...
View Quote
On 3)... so true!

I signed up, took the safety course and became a member of a local private gun range a few years ago.

Walking in, I thought "well they are all pros better show up during non-peak hours so they don't see how poor my accuracy is".  I fire about 90 rounds per visit and go home at a target 20 yards away.  My fourth visit, a few shooters are on hand gun range and I walk out new official shooting target to 20 yards.  I notice they are watching me but ignored them and minded my own business.  I do my thing and get most shots within rings (not an expert).  While picking up my brass (solely for cleanliness), I notice someone walked out and moved my target closer in their range.  They fired several rounds and hit the metal.  Next 30 minutes became a coaching session, one newbie to another and the teaching was more fun than ever hitting the target for me!

*END OF OFF TOPIC*  
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 4:42:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
They'd be cool with a AR57 upper since the stock mimics the P90.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 4:43:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
"TOXIC" gun culture is what makes me mad. There are several behaviors exhibited by people in the shooting community that make me roll my eyes:

1) Guys who abuse their novice wives/girlfriends by having them shoot a .500S&W or 10ga loaded with magnum loads just so they can laugh at these women when they get knocked on their ass. Rather than getting more women on our side, they've just ridiculed them. Not cool.

View Quote
Mostly true

ETA: shit, I agreed with Zhukov again...
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
5) Fudds
6) Blowhard 3%-ers—especially the ones who cause so much chaos in the local gun club, money & time is wasted by these little Hitlers
7) the tendency for gun clubs to use new members as slave labor for cowboy action shoots, clays & other aspects members aren’t interested in
8) back-stabbing hypocrites who give away gun rights
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 5:02:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 5:04:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Lmao, I think I was offered one of those for sale last week
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 5:18:03 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote
That's really not fair. Cringe should come from people buying garbage or destroying guns out of ignorance. Whoever built that knew what their goal was and executed it well, the color scheme looks great.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 6:44:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I’m always at a loss when people show me their guns with a bunch of colored anodized bling parts, or an elaborate paint/cerakote job/themed gun.

I just say “Looks nice.”  No need to criticize, but that shit looks dumb.  Same with elaborate shaped lowers (skull, spartan), color filled roll marks, cringy sayings on dust covers, etc.
View Quote
Yep.  I've never seen an AR in any configuration that I would call good-looking. Ditto for polymer pistols. They are useful tools of unparalleled importance, and they are the first ones I would reach for when trouble comes, but they just aren't beautiful to me.

Regardless of platform though, the following makes me cringe:
Visible machine marks - factory or otherwise
Stamped checkering
Damaged screw heads
Deformed recoil pads
Instant cold blue
Verdigris
Careless sanding - rounded corners, metal proud of wood, improper buttplate fit, etc
Coin/medallion inlays
Spar varnish
Oil soaked wood
Haze surrounding color-fill
Heat stippling
Skateboard tape

In summary, show the same discipline, discretion, and competence in modifying your guns as you would show in their actual use.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Don’t even go there.  My dad has a Sig Hammerli SP20 Olympic grade with all the upgrades worth probably $3k easily... that he has a $30 4moa truglo red dot on and uses (occasionally) to shoot grouse in the fall with.  I doubt he’s even cleaned it.  Came with a bunch of high grade ammo, but probably gets Thunderbolt.  Freaking kills me, since that gun fits amazing in the hand but it’s going to get dented and scratched around a campfire while drinking beer.

https://www.rockislandauction.com/html/dev_cdn/47/1956.jpg
View Quote
That’s not so bad. Honestly, you should let it go. You’ll get it one day, and those scratches and dents will be worth more to you than the $3k gun - and it’ll still shoot great.

Maybe buy him a better quality optic, even. Maybe a Vortex Venom or something.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 7:52:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 7:52:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Yeah, but if you think about it like a movie/game prop it kind of paints a different picture you know?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Would I recommend it to someone? Of course not. Would I consider buying one for my n-th AR? Hell yeah, if the price were right. It looks like fun.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 9:52:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like the alien weapons from District 9.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 7:07:37 PM EDT
[#29]

ETA: Thanks, Burn!
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 8:25:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Don't knock it till you try it, "bounty hunting" rather Fugitive Recovery is a blast. Nothing more satisfying than dragging a rapist back to jail after an FTA.
View Quote
You know....except putting him there to begin with....
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 9:41:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/ubnAnYO.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 9:47:13 PM EDT
[#32]
They have to use skeletonized parts to counter the extra weight from that Lantac folder.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 9:51:11 PM EDT
[#33]
JTFC I WISH that could be a photo shop.

At least they fucked up a cheap gun
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 10:57:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At that point I’d just rather have a PS90.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 11:04:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

And here come the young pups who think they know it all with their plastic wonder guns. There is a reason that the 1911 is still in production 108 years later with more companies producing that one model than all others. Because it is a design give to us by god himself!
View Quote
Also because they are still coming up with ways to customize it to work reliably
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 11:15:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

At that point I'd just rather have a PS90.
View Quote
At that fucking point I'd rather have a regular AR15

Let's shoot a really expensive round out of a much bigger gun that was originally designed for 5.56, in the hopes of mimicking the performance of 5.56
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 11:16:50 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 2/10/2019 11:52:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Also, all of the Molon Labe, Punisher, and Thin Blue Line shit.
View Quote
This, I always laugh when people who wear that crap are against open carry. It’s literally like wearing a billboard saying your a gun owner and are carrying
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 12:48:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But they don't make a PSA space force lower for the ps90.

Yes this is mine:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 12:53:30 AM EDT
[#40]

M4 profile barrels without an M203 on them. Mine has an M203.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 1:42:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 1:58:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/42361/195B6CBF-F4AA-421F-95CD-D3F0D512ADE1-821192.jpg

View Quote
Awe man, I didn't realize even  my issued weapon is cringeworthy

Eta- 203s without HE is cringey
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 7:37:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/42361/195B6CBF-F4AA-421F-95CD-D3F0D512ADE1-821192.jpg

I should have stated 16” M4 barrels. But it actually does not really bother me, I just know a lot of people are bothered by it.

And yeah. No HE. But 40mm hollow points are pretty fun.

Link Posted: 2/11/2019 10:49:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Gun Owners as a whole.

The majority hoot and holler not one more inch but instead of going to the Capitol or their Elected Official's office on a regular basis to fight gun control. They go to gun shows to buy more lowers, Pmags, and .22LR to horde. Instead of sign a pro gun petition or become politically active, they state they don't want to be on a government list. Yet they gladly have CCWs, post gun stickers on their vehicles, wear gun merch labeled clothing, and own NFA items.

They badmouth the NRA or GOA but they aren't members. They claim that the Leftist Gun Grabbers don't work so they can protest, rally, and speak at the Capitol. But in reality the Leftist Gun Grabbers do work and they sacrifice all while gun owners are lazy and want someone else to do the work for them like the NRA or GOA.

They say they won't comply with the law. All while they stroke their ARs in their dark closets and daydream about being the Wolverines from Red Dawn fighting back gun grabbers but they won't become involved politically to fight the gun grabbers.

Gun owners don't vote, know who their Elected Officials are, aren't politically active, and are lazy.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 11:20:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Gun Owners as a whole.

The majority hoot and holler not one more inch but instead of going to the Capitol or their Elected Official's office on a regular basis to fight gun control. They go to gun shows to buy more lowers, Pmags, and .22LR to horde. Instead of sign a pro gun petition or become politically active, they state they don't want to be on a government list. Yet they gladly have CCWs, post gun stickers on their vehicles, wear gun merch labeled clothing, and own NFA items.

They badmouth the NRA or GOA but they aren't members. They claim that the Leftist Gun Grabbers don't work so they can protest, rally, and speak at the Capitol. But in reality the Leftist Gun Grabbers do work and they sacrifice all while gun owners are lazy and want someone else to do the work for them like the NRA or GOA.

They say they won't comply with the law. All while they stroke their ARs in their dark closets and daydream about being the Wolverines from Red Dawn fighting back gun grabbers but they won't become involved politically to fight the gun grabbers.

Gun owners don't vote, know who their Elected Officials are, aren't politically active, and are lazy.
View Quote
Yep.  This pisses me off too.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Gun Owners as a whole.

View Quote
Animal House Call to Action
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 8:40:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Today, the grossest gun I've ever had come thru my shop was logged in as a transfer:

Link Posted: 2/12/2019 10:52:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Today, the grossest gun I've ever had come thru my shop was logged in as a transfer:

https://i.imgur.com/J6SlAyz.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/GM1U1eS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/SKbiDEp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/IoMndwp.jpg
View Quote
Not really serious question. I have no plans to aquire one regardless. But do you think that could survive being run over by a small all terrain vehicle?
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:40:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/J6SlAyz.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/GM1U1eS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/SKbiDEp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/IoMndwp.jpg
View Quote
WTH?
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 5:43:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/ubnAnYO.jpg
View Quote
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top