Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/8/2019 1:09:22 PM EDT
Rode my bicycle into the back of a car last night (long story).  Went to the emergency room to get checked out but nothing broken (smashed the left side of my face into the back window).  Doc gave me a prescription for 15 hydrocodone/Tylenol pills.  My copay at Walgreens was $.66. Yep, 66 cents!  That’s cheaper than my thyroid and cholesterol meds.  I don’t get how it’s that cheap.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:14:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I once tried to do the hip dance that all the kids rave about. It is called something like Gangamban Dance, I ripped my taint and the Doc have me a bottle of Tyleno 3.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:20:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Personally, I suspect it is a problem because the government stepped in to "fix" it.
What were the overdose numbers before and after?
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:22:33 PM EDT
[#3]
When I broke two toes they didn't even give me a Motrin 800
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:23:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Sell them for $1 each...profit.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:24:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I once tried to do the hip dance that all the kids rave about. It is called something like Gangamban Dance, I ripped my taint and the Doc have me a bottle of Tyleno 3.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:25:05 PM EDT
[#6]
With as much as I've read, it's not one thing you can point at.

Drug Companies, Doctors, Pain Scale, Afghanistan, Mexico, China, Canada, Cartels, Government, Insurance and people just wanting to get high are all to blame.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:25:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
?

PSY - GANGNAM STYLE(?????) M/V
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:26:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Personally, I suspect it is a problem because the government stepped in to "fix" it.
View Quote
One of the big problems is that heroin made a comeback several years ago, and that was the start of the opiate crisis. Due to PTA moms, Van Gogh listeners, and idiots of all shapes and sizes, heroin on the street meant that docs were nothing more than pill mills.

While it's true that SOME doctors went overboard, most were, and are, doing what they're supposed to do. But now, the politicians are involved, and we have this grand clusterfuck of medicine and politics.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:27:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Give me a break. Take your Vicodin until you don't need it.  Then throw the rest out. Stop blaming everyone else but the addict.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:29:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Opioids are a problem in the same way that guns are a problem. Retarded fucks misuse them and it ruins or ends lives.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:33:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Rode my bicycle into the back of a car last night (long story).  Went to the emergency room to get checked out but nothing broken (smashed the left side of my face into the back window).  Doc gave me a prescription for 15 hydrocodone/Tylenol pills.  My copay at Walgreens was $.66. Yep, 66 cents!  That's cheaper than my thyroid and cholesterol meds.  I don't get how it's that cheap.
View Quote
Damn, you should have gone to the eye doctor, not ER

Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Not to derail...but if it's any consolation OP, in 1989 a Uke (looks like a tank without a gun, used to tow aircraft, weighs 55 tons) broke down on perimeter road at Kadena Air Base, and the driver didn't get it pulled all the way off the road. Motor Pool said they couldn't get until the morning, so they set up cones...

An NCO who worked swing shift got on his racing bicycle to head home. They believe he was up on the pedals, going downhill, chin tucked into his chest when he slammed into the back of it. I doubt it even rocked.

Opioids wouldn't of helped.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:34:37 PM EDT
[#13]
That price is probably because there is a whole lot of supply and little "demand" due to the gov crackdown. All the dope heads will still get their heroin. Meanwhile, the people in need of a prescription from their doctor who knows their individual case can't get relief. I wonder how many people have turned to heroin that would have been fine with prescription pills under the care of their doctor?

There always has to be an evil, scary inanimate object to blame. Not the individual.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Take one and wait an hour.

Then plow the shit out of the Old Lady.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:36:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Admit it. That's not what really ripped your taint.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:39:36 PM EDT
[#16]
And btw, I can't believe they prescribed that for you. I'm not saying they shouldn't have, but it seems like the virtue signalling doctor epidemic is the majority anymore. I'm glad there are some still out there with enough balls to properly treat their patients!
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:40:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Alot (but not all by any means) of people that are hooked started because of pain management.

When I got my vasectomy the doc gave me a prescription for 30 days of oxy.

I didn't even fill it, but I think over prescribing of the more potent stuff when it isn't really needed is a contribution factor to addiction problems popping up.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:41:13 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm sure passing out clean needles and safe places to shoot up had nothing to do with anything.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/204/425/dee.jpg
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:48:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Real victim's are the folks that have had lots of surgeries and the elderly that again have had surgeries that can no longer get pain management from the Dr's because the dr's are scared to write scrips for pain meds and get flagged by the government.

Love seeing my dad in pain because drug addicts OD and now he has to suffer because of it
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:56:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Please explain exactly what "problem" we have with opioids?  Since you are taking them, does that mean you have a problem?  What exactly does your insurance price on a generic drug have anything to do with it?  Should we plead with the gov to "do something" and artificially inflate the price to make you feel better?

Everyone screams about the propagandist media, then lap up this "epidemic" bullshit.

I guess we should ban guns because of the "gun violence" and "suicide" epidemic as well then, eh?

What about the epidemic of car crashes?
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#22]
It certainly isnt helped by the legal system cutting them loose as fast as LE brings them in.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:03:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
... I ripped my taint ...
View Quote
Dancing. Riighhht.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:09:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I once ...ripped my taint
View Quote
I don’t have comment, I just wanted to preserve this combination of words.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:11:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Drug Companies, Doctors, Pain Scale, Afghanistan, Mexico, China, Canada, Cartels, Government, Insurance and people just wanting to get high are all to blame.
View Quote
We didn't start the fire...
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:12:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Op has a good doctor..
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:13:19 PM EDT
[#27]
the price that your insurance company has negotiated with you is immaterial

if you got hooked and HAD to have 'em, you'd get them by hook or crook

the question is why the heck your doc prescribed them to begin with

take 2 Aleve and walk it off
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:13:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Would you want to pay more?
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:15:05 PM EDT
[#29]
If you were riding your bicycle on the sidewalk where you belong, this whole thing could have been avoided.

Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:15:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Why was your bicycle in the same lane as a car?

/GDbicyclehate ensues
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:15:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If you were riding your bicycle on the sidewalk where you belong, this whole thing could have been avoided.

View Quote
rofl
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:18:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Alot (but not all by any means) of people that are hooked started because of pain management.

I didn't even fill it, but I think over prescribing of the more potent stuff when it isn't really needed is a contribution factor to addiction problems popping up.
View Quote
Where is the evidence to support your claim that a lot of people end up hooked because of a start with pain management? In my research, I found that this was the case in less than 1% of cases. The vast majority either used heroin, illicit fentanyl, or had a history of previous substance addiction. To say that prescription medications is a significant contributor to the "opioid crisis" is not true.

In fact, this push to make it difficult to obtain a prescription from their doctor has GOT to result in people turning to illicit drugs, which are unpredictable in dose and cut with who knows what. I have not done research on this aspect and am not sure that such statistics exist, but surely someone has gone down that path in order to get relief from their pain.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Win
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:20:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:23:37 PM EDT
[#35]
My wife suffering from Cancer was in extreme pain she had a prescription for Norco. 30 days at a time. Pharmacy will not refill until the 30 days are up.
She is managing. Chemo didn’t help finally they schedule surgery. They tell her she can take her presibed Norco the day of her surgery.
She does. Surgery goes well. During recovery she is on a Morphine drip. Little green button. 4 days later they send her home. With a prescription for Norco. Now her whole stomach is freshly stapled and after the last dose of Morphine wears off she is in intense pain. I go to the pharmacy to fill the prescription and they tell me because she still has a prescription that isn’t expired yet the can only give a reduced amount. 5mg instead of 10mg.
Okay so taken as prescribed she’s got maybe a 3 day supply.
Recovery is estimated to take 6 to 8 weeks.
I call the surgeon and explain the situation.
He writes a script which I have to pick up in person.
Pharmacy will not fill it because she is not at that 30 days yet..
Call surgeon..
He explains ya that’s because of the last administrations legislation preventing prescriptions to be filled earlier than the date. IE no refills means no refills. Even if the doctors say you need more.
So my wife suffers In agonizing pain..
Cause of the “Opioid epedemic”
Meanwhile a bag of Heroin is readily available just a few minutes drive from me on Chicago’s South Side...

Fuck the governments intervention....
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
While it's true that SOME doctors went overboard, most were, and are, doing what they're supposed to do. But now, the politicians are involved, and we have this grand clusterfuck of medicine and politics.
View Quote
I was on a fed jury for a local doc that was writing bad scrips left and right, kept meds at home, his mom had a growhouse in the basement, all his high-school kid's friends would come over and get baked.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:28:15 PM EDT
[#37]
When my wife broke her arm in July they gave her a scrip for 400 mg Motrin.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:29:49 PM EDT
[#38]
ITT: Bicyclist fucks up some poor guy's car, blames 'the system' for opioid addicts.

Do I have that about right?

Had somebody exercising equal negligence plowed into the back of the bicyclist would we be discussing the deductible on the body work to fix the car?

Use the fucking sidewalk.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:31:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Rode my bicycle into the back of a car last night (long story).  Went to the emergency room to get checked out but nothing broken (smashed the left side of my face into the back window).  Doc gave me a prescription for 15 hydrocodone/Tylenol pills.  My copay at Walgreens was $.66. Yep, 66 cents!  That’s cheaper than my thyroid and cholesterol meds.  I don’t get how it’s that cheap.
View Quote
First synthesized in 1920.

It is easy to make, unencumbered by patents, and no R&D cost to recoup.  Why wouldn't it be cheap?
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:33:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Rode my bicycle into the back of a car last night (long story).  Went to the emergency room to get checked out but nothing broken (smashed the left side of my face into the back window).  Doc gave me a prescription for 15 hydrocodone/Tylenol pills.  My copay at Walgreens was $.66. Yep, 66 cents!  That's cheaper than my thyroid and cholesterol meds.  I don't get how it's that cheap.
View Quote
The problem is the fact the DR wrote the the RX for opioids.

Be honest now. 800mg of Vitamin I would have been enough right?
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:37:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

One of the big problems is that heroin made a comeback several years ago, and that was the start of the opiate crisis. Due to PTA moms, Van Gogh listeners, and idiots of all shapes and sizes, heroin on the street meant that docs were nothing more than pill mills.

View Quote
This, plus patients who think they are supposed to have NO pain at all.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:38:40 PM EDT
[#42]
It’s not $0.66 —that’s your copay.  There was likely another $5 your insurance paid.

Most drugs—Tylenol & opiates are dirt cheap once the machines are set.  When you pay top dollar for a “new” drug, you’re paying for the years of research & testing that went into development.

I vote with the folks who said it was the .gov.  I had to take continuing Medical Education courses for opiate prescribing (4 hours) and the courses focused on the Joint Commision’s mandate to “treat the undertreated 5th vital sign—PAIN.”

I’m old enough to remember this debacle when it started and people would demand narcotics for minor procedures we don’t typically treat with narcotics.  Now, when narcotics are indicted, some pharmacies won’t give more than 3 days of meds, which often times isn’t enough when someone has broken ribs & severe bruises after a car accident.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Where is the evidence to support your claim that a lot of people end up hooked because of a start with pain management? In my research, I found that this was the case in less than 1% of cases. The vast majority either used heroin, illicit fentanyl, or had a history of previous substance addiction. To say that prescription medications is a significant contributor to the "opioid crisis" is not true.

In fact, this push to make it difficult to obtain a prescription from their doctor has GOT to result in people turning to illicit drugs, which are unpredictable in dose and cut with who knows what. I have not done research on this aspect and am not sure that such statistics exist, but surely someone has gone down that path in order to get relief from their pain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This site claims that in one study 5% of young patients continued to receive opioid refills long after surgery.

https://labblog.uofmhealth.org/rounds/what-these-10-studies-taught-us-about-opioid-addiction-2017

They also claim a high rate of opioid prescription for migraine sufferers.

I'm not saying that over prescription is the main cause, or even close to it. Just that it can be the cause for a lot of people that otherwise wouldn't end up hooked.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:41:33 PM EDT
[#44]
The doc’s get people hooked on them, then the DEA rules kick in and people can’t get them... So, they either get them off the local amateur pharmacist or they find something else. I had a friend who was popping 10 Loratabs a day, A DAY. When he ran through his script (which he did quickly) he was buying them for $5 a pop.

Opioids don’t seem to be the huge problem, around here, that they used to be... Now it seems to be xanax and addreall, though oxy does still pop up from time to time, not like it used to though.

I jacked up my leg and went to urgent care, fuckers wrote me a script for 30 loratab... I didn’t need thirty! I took three and the problem went away.

A lot of people I know, I mean A LOT, are running those THC vape pens... Quite a few are going to lose their job if they have to get drug tested.

I’m not solely blaming the docs, but at least taper your patient off them, or try.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:45:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Whenever .gov and non-prescribing, non-medical people get involved in medicine, surgery and how these things should be done, things go to hell in a hand basket.

When has involving an ignorant 3rd person ever made anything better?  Even if you’re having a 3some with a third someone who doesn’t know what the hell they’re doing, it screws things up.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:47:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Opioids are a problem in the same way that guns are a problem. Retarded fucks misuse them and it ruins or ends lives.
View Quote
BINGO!  This man gets it!
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:49:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
THIRTY DAYS OF OXYCODONE FOR A FRIGGIN VASECTOMY?!?!  Did the surgeon use a fucking Dremel?  What was he thinking?!  Yes, there are doctors who are part of the problem & when I hear this, I ask: what the fuck are you thinking, Doctor?
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:51:37 PM EDT
[#48]
You gonna eat that?
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:53:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are some recent data that claim roughly 15% of people overmedicated with opiates develop an addiction, which is similar to the incidence of alcoholism in the general public.  It certainly isn’t “less than 1%” but when the supply is cut off by the doctor by limiting meds, the vast majority of patients do not have problems.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:53:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
My wife suffering from Cancer was in extreme pain she had a prescription for Norco. 30 days at a time. Pharmacy will not refill until the 30 days are up.
She is managing. Chemo didn’t help finally they schedule surgery. They tell her she can take her presibed Norco the day of her surgery.
She does. Surgery goes well. During recovery she is on a Morphine drip. Little green button. 4 days later they send her home. With a prescription for Norco. Now her whole stomach is freshly stapled and after the last dose of Morphine wears off she is in intense pain. I go to the pharmacy to fill the prescription and they tell me because she still has a prescription that isn’t expired yet the can only give a reduced amount. 5mg instead of 10mg.
Okay so taken as prescribed she’s got maybe a 3 day supply.
Recovery is estimated to take 6 to 8 weeks.
I call the surgeon and explain the situation.
He writes a script which I have to pick up in person.
Pharmacy will not fill it because she is not at that 30 days yet..
Call surgeon..
He explains ya that’s because of the last administrations legislation preventing prescriptions to be filled earlier than the date. IE no refills means no refills. Even if the doctors say you need more.
So my wife suffers In agonizing pain..
Cause of the “Opioid epedemic”
Meanwhile a bag of Heroin is readily available just a few minutes drive from me on Chicago’s South Side...

Fuck the governments intervention....
View Quote
Sorry to hear about your wife's situation. That's truly sickening that she is being treated like that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top