BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 10:51:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 11:00:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I see people wearing NASA shirts regularly.

Have seen at least 20 different people wearing NASA shirts today. I'm at the Space Station Processing Facility on KSC right now so it kinda normal.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 11:02:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I only have a SpaceX Falcon Heavy shirt from watching the last launch at KSC.
View Quote
We bought a bunch of Space-X and NASA stuff when we were there for that. It was interesting talking to KSC employees. Those that had been there awhile said they hadn't seen it crowded like it was on the Heavy launch in YEARS.

Elon is making them relevant as a tourist destination again IMO.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 11:05:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I might have a partial answer to the OPs original question. This summer the national theme for US public libraries summer reading programs is "A Universe of Stories". I'm in semi retirement mode and work at a public library, everything is space and NASA themed. The retailers ( Target, etc.) are taking advantage of this, as good capitalists, and are selling their space themed wares.
Hope this helps,
Dave
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 11:23:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Kids got theirs at Kennedy Space Center a couple months ago. Most kids go there while on vacation to the shit hole of Florida.
View Quote

Most usually it's the guys that hide the identity of their own states who run off at the mouth about the others.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 11:28:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It was explained to me that the reason lots of people are "into" NASA now isn't because of love of science or 'merca, but rather because NASA is synonymous with gay acceptance and all that. They have a homo advisory group, they gave Sally Ride her shot even though she was a gay, and also because NASA represents science, which many gays and gay fans see as the opposite of religion. True story. NASA is a virtue signal now.
View Quote
Project Artemis, the project to put the first woman on the moon.

I guess they got tired of performing Muslim outreach.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 11:29:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I only have a SpaceX Falcon Heavy shirt from watching the last launch at KSC.
View Quote
I have a bunch of SpaceX gear, including some flown hardware....
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 11:30:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I live in Rocket City USA (Huntsville, AL), so odds are if they are wearing NASA shirt they might actually work there or be involved in some way.

I think it's awesome and might steer some kids to STEM programs.

Oh, and the Space and Rocket Center here is better than Kennedy Space Center Museum.

Kennedy felt like everything was geared to kids to compete with Disney. Rocket center here has some awesome exhibits with more equipment on display etc. Watching rocket launch at Kennedy was pretty cool though.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 11:31:06 AM EDT
[#9]
they've been selling them at Walmart for some time now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 11:42:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Kids got theirs at Kennedy Space Center a couple months ago. Most kids go there while on vacation to the shit hole of Florida.
View Quote
So you go on vacation to shit holes? Is that what your post says?
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 11:46:33 AM EDT
[#11]
People are getting excited about space exploration again, since AOC has convinced them they will need a new planet in 11.5 years.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 11:51:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I always wanted to work for NASA as a kid, my first trip to the US was a visit to Johnson Space Center, I've been to KSC, Seen shuttles launched from Static Test Road. Yeah I got tonss of old school NASA Lego. Fuck yeah I have a $4 NASA t-Shirt. No different that a guy in a Skynard Tee. No, you didn't fucking play for Skynard.
View Quote
I worked for NASA for a couple years. I figured ....science but the clucking hens at PAO caused me to get over to life sciences
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 11:55:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Gravity is just some made up bullshit by scientist that just want to get more money to research it. (a real thing I've heard)  Stay strong GD, bunch of suckers believing in all that nonsense, LOL.

Link Posted: 6/10/2019 11:57:02 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote
Dude, why do you feel the need to post so much?
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 11:58:43 AM EDT
[#15]
The only people allowed to wear NASA t-shirt are Floridians.

Everyone else are just a bunch of salt life lickers. .
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 12:01:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
You wouldn't have launched the Saturn V if it wasn't for Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, AL.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 12:05:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sorry your state sucks
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 12:13:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Should approach and verify if they actually served at NASA, to be wearing that shirt
View Quote
Stolen valor is a thing.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 12:19:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Florida isn't a shithole, its a meth filled shithole, get it right!
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 12:20:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I live in Rocket City USA (Huntsville, AL), so odds are if they are wearing NASA shirt they might actually work there or be involved in some way.

Oh, and the Space and Rocket Center here is better than Kennedy Space Center Museum.

Kennedy felt like everything was geared to kids to compete with Disney. Rocket center here has some awesome exhibits with more equipment on display etc. Watching rocket launch at Kennedy was pretty cool though.
View Quote
KSC Visitors Center has a real Saturn V and a real Shuttle, plus numerous other real launch vehicles and assorted flight hardware. I haven't spent much time at the MSFC Visitors Center but what I do remember is the fake Saturn V. There is nothing quite like have lunch under a real Saturn V and getting a close look and that amazing vehicle. And the Shuttle is worth the trip in itself.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 12:21:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Florida may launch rockets, but I think Houston and the JSC may think a bit differently...

Link Posted: 6/10/2019 12:27:03 PM EDT
[#23]
A NASA employee gave my friend's son a Mars wristband the other day.
Your taxes at work.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 12:38:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
KSC Visitors Center has a real Saturn V and a real Shuttle, plus numerous other real launch vehicles and assorted flight hardware. I haven't spent much time at the MSFC Visitors Center but what I do remember is the fake Saturn V. There is nothing quite like have lunch under a real Saturn V and getting a close look and that amazing vehicle. And the Shuttle is worth the trip in itself.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's 2 Saturn V rockets at Huntsville. One standing and one inside the museum.

At Kennedy you have to pay extra to see the Saturn V.

The Shuttle was cool at Kennedy, but I still think the Huntsville location has a better museum overall.

Link Posted: 6/10/2019 12:51:57 PM EDT
[#25]
They had a bunch of different styles at Walmart for men and women. Maybe the 50th anniversary has something to do with it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 1:00:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Should approach and verify if they actually served at NASA, to be wearing that shirt
View Quote
"I bet you don't even know the color of the 3rd floor vending machine at Johnson. Fucking POA(stronaut)."
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 1:05:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

There's 2 Saturn V rockets at Huntsville. One standing and one inside the museum.

At Kennedy you have to pay extra to see the Saturn V.

The Shuttle was cool at Kennedy, but I still think the Huntsville location has a better museum overall.

https://rocketcenter.com/img/rc/spcevn/evnspc/dc.jpg?itok=uv4WA6QH

https://blogs.agu.org/wildwildscience/files/2009/05/img_72092.jpg

https://www.findingtheuniverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Space-Shuttle-at-Space-Camp-Huntsville-Alabama_by_Laurence-Norah.jpg
View Quote
I was at Kennedy last summer and we didn't pay extra to see the sat V
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 1:10:47 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm hoping someone will start selling these shirts

Link Posted: 6/10/2019 1:18:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Dope, I've crewed that race three times, twice for pro teams (MER, CJWilson Racing).  Paul Walker drove for us right before he died, fucking shame as he was a chill dude at the track
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 1:19:00 PM EDT
[#30]
The tinfoil crowd here knows no bounds....

It's popular the world over because it's retro,immediately recognisable and doesn't require licensing fees. NASA has rules regarding use but it's very much a public use logo.
Merchandising guidelines

So you have the old space fans and tourists along with the retro pop crowd and internationally it's seen as cool retro/ American icon.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 1:19:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Most usually it's the guys that hide the identity of their own states who run off at the mouth about the others.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There isn't a flag yet for the State of Superior also known as "God's Country"
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 1:20:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Sorry your state sucks
View Quote
lol not really, just the SE portion while your whole state sucks.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 1:23:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I was at Kennedy last summer and we didn't pay extra to see the sat V
View Quote
Must have changed it then, because Saturn V was not included with ticket back in Nov. 2016.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So you go on vacation to shit holes? Is that what your post says?
View Quote
We go every year because the wife enjoys the warm weather for a week or two. It's miserable shit hole but I get to pick our second vacation out every year too so it balances out.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 1:28:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
They had a bunch of different styles at Walmart for men and women. Maybe the 50th anniversary has something to do with it.
View Quote
Yep, I would expect an uptick in sales with the 50th anniversary of the moon landing.

I am glad to see more people showing an interest in space.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top