Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/29/2019 1:57:20 PM EDT
Apply for your Medical Marijuana Card!

https://www.kmov.com/news/how-to-apply-for-a-medical-marijuana-card-in-missouri/article_0213f5d0-ca4b-11e9-b570-07dc2fcf4266.html

Not as clever or exciting as a felon in possession of guns, auto-sears, silencers, meth & marijuana but the end result could be the same.

Missouri is currently accepting applications for medical marijuana cards.

According to the state’s medical marijuana regulation director, 8,880 people have applied in Missouri and, of those, 7,800 have been approved.

Now, there are even clinics opening just to help people secure a medical marijuana card. But first, patients must have an official diagnosis from their doctor for a "qualifying condition," like chronic pain or cancer. If it's a mental health condition, they need a diagnosis from a licensed psychiatrist.

Next, they must take the record showing the diagnosis to a physician who is willing to give certification for medical cannabis use. That could be their own doctor, if he or she is on board with medical cannabis. But since not all doctors are on board, clinics fully staffed with doctors who are willing to sign off on the card are popping up.

Dispensaries to buy in Missouri won't open until Spring 2020.
View Quote
Notice that part in in bold, italics, red and underlined??

How is that any different than the Oklahoma case and all the cases in Florida & New Jersey and everywhere else in America where doctors were basically sitting behind a desk, writing the prescriptions for opioids for everyone who walked through the door??

Explain to me how this is any different from any other 'drug mill' operation?

As for gun rights? As far as I know now, there is NO PROVISION exempting MM card holders from the legal consequences of consuming pot and owning firearms ...and I'm not advocating that there should be at this time.

And I'm sure that MO CCW holders remember the 'accidental' release of CCW records to a federal agency by the MO DVM some years ago.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:14:45 PM EDT
[#1]
The most idiotic argument to legalize marijuana is "well other stuff is just as dangerous and legal therefore this should be also".
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:16:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't really worry about it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:21:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Getting a MM card is about the dumbest thing possible if you have even a passing interest in preserving your rights.

It's de facto admission that you're using an illegal substance that is currently incompatible with your 2A rights....and maybe others.

If you wanna smoke, smoke but stfu about it.
Drug warriors still all wound up and looking for the easy pickings.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:30:33 PM EDT
[#4]
In IL they automatically revoke your CCW if you get a MM card. Not a problem for me personally, but I still think it’s bullshit....docs can prescribe you a whole list of mind altering drugs without issue.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:33:35 PM EDT
[#5]
here we go......

WHy?

Because it's the law

Freedom!

Dopers!

but much booze!

Wife beating

DUI

Pot needles

I may have left out some other stuff, so chime in  
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:34:30 PM EDT
[#6]
And I just heard on the radio the press release by the attorney general warning about how potent the new pot is, and to be careful.

This is going places. Opiods bad. Pot good. Talk about mixed messages.

The last thing this country needs is a bunch of doped-up dipshits. I've yet to hear about weed-legalization making some place better. It hasn't worked any miracles for Colorado, Oregon, Washington, or California.

Yeah, You're gonna hate on me. Don't care.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:35:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Kansas is surrounded on 3 sides by pothead states.  I'm sure with our newly elected democrat governor, pot will be an election issue to help keep her in office.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:37:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Is MOman trying to out do Floridaman today?
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:40:52 PM EDT
[#9]
MO had an opportunity to basically 'decrimanalize' marijuana but they chose to hide behind the medical treatment bullshit. It was a way to 'patronize' politically and financially connected people and set them up in the distribution business for future political gain.

I don't care about pot and won't compromise my Second Amendment rights for a common weed.

A recent journey across OK and NM was striking in the number of huge billboards along the interstates identifying 'dispensaries' for MM ...they have even co-opted the red cross and turned it green. Just as many billboards were proclaiming the recreational aspects of pot consumption.

As to the J&J ruling in OK, what's stopping 'doper Wendy' from 'redistributing' her MM? Multiple ID's, multiple scripts ...just an office visit away.

It just strikes me that the whole MM scam is ripe for abuse and will be abused at every possible opportunity.

State governments have no business in dope distribution schemes. Yet, here we are.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Apply for your Medical Marijuana Card!

https://www.kmov.com/news/how-to-apply-for-a-medical-marijuana-card-in-missouri/article_0213f5d0-ca4b-11e9-b570-07dc2fcf4266.html

Not as clever or exciting as a felon in possession of guns, auto-sears, silencers, meth & marijuana but the end result could be the same.

Missouri is currently accepting applications for medical marijuana cards.

According to the state’s medical marijuana regulation director, 8,880 people have applied in Missouri and, of those, 7,800 have been approved.

Now, there are even clinics opening just to help people secure a medical marijuana card. But first, patients must have an official diagnosis from their doctor for a "qualifying condition," like chronic pain or cancer. If it's a mental health condition, they need a diagnosis from a licensed psychiatrist.

Next, they must take the record showing the diagnosis to a physician who is willing to give certification for medical cannabis use. That could be their own doctor, if he or she is on board with medical cannabis. But since not all doctors are on board, clinics fully staffed with doctors who are willing to sign off on the card are popping up.

Dispensaries to buy in Missouri won't open until Spring 2020.
View Quote
Notice that part in in bold, italics, red and underlined??

How is that any different than the Oklahoma case and all the cases in Florida & New Jersey and everywhere else in America where doctors were basically sitting behind a desk, writing the prescriptions for opioids for everyone who walked through the door??

Explain to me how this is any different from any other 'drug mill' operation?

As for gun rights? As far as I know now, there is NO PROVISION exempting MM card holders from the legal consequences of consuming pot and owning firearms ...and I'm not advocating that there should be at this time.

And I'm sure that MO CCW holders remember the 'accidental' release of CCW records to a federal agency by the MO DVM some years ago.
View Quote
owning firearms? I thought it was just buying from FFL
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:45:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't see how possessing a MM card means a person uses marijuana.  Do they make you try it when you apply for the license?
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:46:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Pretty shitty that your cabinet full of opiates,  never mind your booze habit doesn't affect your gun rights but god forbid a little THC...Idiotic luddite lifesyle fudds that hate freedom, making arbitrary rules with zero logic.

Never mind the fact that your MEDICAL needs and prescriptions are supposed to be private....I guess thats the real mistake is connecting the legalization of weed with medicinal need, rather than legalization flat out as it should be.

Sickitating how the membership here will cry against 2A restrictions or stipulations of any kind unless it's something they can agree with, because duh, potheads.

And ETA I just have to add that no, I do not use pot, I just know that as an adult, just as I don't show up to a shooting range shit faced on booze, the same common sense applies.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 3:10:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't see how possessing a MM card means a person uses marijuana.  Do they make you try it when you apply for the license?
View Quote
Possessing the card doesn't even mean you have to purchase it.

However, the 'presumption' is that you are consuming your purchases. If not for personal consumption you may be 'redistributing' prescription meds which is a giant NO-NO.

The 'legal-licensed' distributors won't allow you to cut in on their market share ...and they have the power of the state to back them.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 3:14:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Pretty shitty that your cabinet full of opiates,  never mind your booze habit doesn't affect your gun rights but god forbid a little THC...Idiotic luddite lifesyle fudds that hate freedom, making arbitrary rules with zero logic.

Never mind the fact that your MEDICAL needs and prescriptions are supposed to be private....I guess thats the real mistake is connecting the legalization of weed with medicinal need, rather than legalization flat out as it should be.

Sickitating how the membership here will cry against 2A restrictions or stipulations of any kind unless it's something they can agree with, because duh, potheads.
View Quote
Um,actually it does.

According to 18 USC 922 (G) 3: Anyone who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance is a prohibited person.

Gotta have your 5/325 Percocet before you go to work?
BOOM! Prohibited person even with a prescription.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 3:15:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The most idiotic argument to legalize marijuana is "well other stuff is just as dangerous and legal therefore this should be also".
View Quote
Bless your heart.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 3:18:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes, that is an idiotic argument. The proper argument should be "It's a fucking plant. Leave people alone and mind your own business."
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#17]
In this thread we see who is for Freedom and who is for Government banning things they don’t like just like the liberals.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 3:20:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Um,actually it does.

According to 18 USC 922 (G) 3: Anyone who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance is a prohibited person.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Um,actually it does.

That says "addicted to, or unlawful user of"

Lol, not the same thing.  Just because you posses and use those opiates with prescriptions doesn't make you those things by default and has no affect on your 2A rights. So, Im not sure which stance you are taking here but your argument is no good.

Since when does having a prescription turn you into an addict or unlawful user?

And BOOM not only did you suck at making that point, but BOOM you failed to highlight anything with regard to booze, which happens to alter the hell out of my mind when consumed in excess. Its dangerous stuff.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 3:20:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
And I just heard on the radio the press release by the attorney general warning about how potent the new pot is, and to be careful.

The last thing this country needs is a bunch of doped-up dipshits. I've yet to hear about weed-legalization making some place better. It hasn't worked any miracles for Colorado, Oregon, Washington, or California.

View Quote
I got a bad piece of news for you man; the country is already full of doped up dipshits.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 3:20:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm friends with a person with MS.  Pot helps her stay on her feet.  I'm glad she'll be able to buy it legally and safely.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 3:23:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I got a bad piece of news for you man; the country is already full of doped up dipshits.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol no shit. Yeah, nobody uses drugs or alcohol right?
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Pot is the debil!...
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 3:24:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Its been this way since MM first came about years ago. MO is doing nothing new.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 3:24:34 PM EDT
[#24]
In Oklahoma you can have guns and a card

You can also carry your gun while having up to 2.5oz on you
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 4:20:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yes, that is an idiotic argument. The proper argument should be "It's a fucking plant. Leave people alone and mind your own business."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So is an opium poppy a plant....So is Ephedra that creates meth...So are castor beans, which creates one of the worst poisons known to mankind.

Many things are plants.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 4:26:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

So is an opium poppy a plant....So is Ephedra that creates meth...So are castor beans, which creates one of the worst poisons known to mankind.

Many things are plants.
View Quote
So we're trying to prevent a marijuana-based terrorist attack?
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 4:35:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Um,actually it does.

View Quote
What if you just think it's yummy?

I'd like to see the legalese of what "addicted" is and if anyone taking xanax, lithium, prozac, SSRI drugs daily and quits cold turkey would have some withdraw symptoms. Is that not a sign of addiction? Slippery slope indeed...
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Federally its a giant no no and something a gun owner should not do.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 4:39:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

So we're trying to prevent a marijuana-based terrorist attack?
View Quote
Uh, no dude...You said "It's a fucking plant".

I said;

Ephedra is also a plant
Opium is also a plant
Castor beans are also a plant

All are drugs and/or poison.

Using that "plant" arguement is like a stoner from 1970.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its illegal so of course not!  Just like how drunk driving never happens either!
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 5:00:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Logic would state that the mere possession of said card, implies that you are a user( not a stretch of any sort of imagination ). Otherwise why would you need one.

I tried to warn a few about the consequences of obtaining said card here in Arkansas. They kept saying the hippa rules would cover it, they were wrong. The doc is not issuing the card, only stating you have a qualifying condition per the state law. The state issues the card saying you are legal to possess. It shows up on a state run background check, just like my chcl.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 5:04:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That says "addicted to, or unlawful user of"

Lol, not the same thing.  Just because you posses and use those opiates with prescriptions doesn't make you those things by default and has no affect on your 2A rights. So, Im not sure which stance you are taking here but your argument is no good.

Since when does having a prescription turn you into an addict or unlawful user?

And BOOM not only did you suck at making that point, but BOOM you failed to highlight anything with regard to booze, which happens to alter the hell out of my mind when consumed in excess. Its dangerous stuff.
View Quote
You can absolutely be addicted to a prescription medication!
If you have to have it you are addicted.  It says unlawful user of or addicted.

In the State of Missouri you cannot be in a "Habitually intoxicated or drugged condition" and possess firearms.

I had originally based part of my statement on that fact before I realized it was a state and not a federal prohibition.

So on that point you are correct there is no federal prohibition on an alcoholic purchasing or possessing a firearm.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Funny how y'all will complain about Red flag laws, but when the weed is brought up "Fuck them dopers, they deserve to have their God given rights ripped from them, they lied on the 4473 blah, blah, blah". Any law, any action, any expectation by the .gov in regards to firearm ownership in the country is un-Constitutional, that's what "Shall not be infringed" means. Does anyone actually believe the Founding Fathers of this Great Nation wrote the Constitution so the government could decide what infringement looked like? Come on, you either believe in the concept of individual rights and responsibilities or you don't, pick one and stick to it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 5:26:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

And ETA I just have to add that no, I do not use pot, I just know that as an adult, just as I don't show up to a shooting range shit faced on booze, the same common sense applies.
View Quote
As i understand it there is no MEDICALLY recognized use for marijuana, so since there is no FEDERALLY recognized use for it it is illegal.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 5:29:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
here we go......

WHy?

Because it's the law

Freedom!

Dopers!

but much booze!

Wife beating

DUI

Pot needles

I may have left out some other stuff, so chime in  
View Quote
The children...nobody thinks of the children
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 5:29:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Uh, no dude...You said "It's a fucking plant".

I said;

Ephedra is also a plant
Opium is also a plant
Castor beans are also a plant

All are drugs and/or poison.

Using that "plant" arguement is like a stoner from 1970.
View Quote
to be fair i belive ephedra is a plant extract as it opium, and on their own castor beans are simply vomit inducing. Process any of those down and you have another thing entirely.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 5:31:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
To be fair, most of the arguments for keeping it illegal are pretty retarded as well.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 5:31:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Fuck your 4473.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 5:33:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
There's already a bunch of doped up dipshits running around, it's just semi legal in some places.  

I wouldn't trade my rights for anything.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 5:34:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
IIRC some states revoked CCW permits from those that got an MM card, pretty sure I read about it here.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

IIRC some states revoked CCW permits from those that got an MM card, pretty sure I read about it here.
View Quote
PA tried, got smacked down.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#42]
POPCORN, DAMMIT!
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 7:53:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
@home_alone1
Oklahoma will not issue a carry license if you answer yes to using pot on the application Approved07/19/20183ALCOHOL / CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES?YES?NO29.Do you unlawfully use,or are you addicted to,any controlled substance?(Marijuana is classified  as a Schedule I Controlled Substance federally, therefore individuals issued an Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Patient License should answer yes and may be precluded pursuant to 21 O.S. § 1290.10 (9).
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 8:05:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
IL does
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 8:52:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
In IL they automatically revoke your CCW if you get a MM card. Not a problem for me personally, but I still think it's bullshit....docs can prescribe you a whole list of mind altering drugs without issue.
View Quote
Wow spreading a lie.

Visit the ISP website FAQ, says you would be wrong.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 9:04:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
But you guys have trains blocking everything.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 9:09:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Just legalize it already.

I've never smoked it but I think it's stupid that it is illegal.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 2:41:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

@home_alone1
Oklahoma will not issue a carry license if you answer yes to using pot on the application Approved07/19/20183ALCOHOL / CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES?YES?NO29.Do you unlawfully use,or are you addicted to,any controlled substance?(Marijuana is classified  as a Schedule I Controlled Substance federally, therefore individuals issued an Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Patient License should answer yes and may be precluded pursuant to 21 O.S. § 1290.10 (9).
View Quote
We had a legal update at work and we were told not to arrest or seize either the gun or marijuana as long as it was in the legal limit and they have their card and carry permit. I’d expect the carry license forms to be updated in the near future. I’ll ask a buddy at county next time I see him if the form is changing or has changed recently . We got the update about 2 weeks ago.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 3:20:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Funny how y'all will complain about Red flag laws, but when the weed is brought up "Fuck them dopers, they deserve to have their God given rights ripped from them, they lied on the 4473 blah, blah, blah". Any law, any action, any expectation by the .gov in regards to firearm ownership in the country is un-Constitutional, that's what "Shall not be infringed" means. Does anyone actually believe the Founding Fathers of this Great Nation wrote the Constitution so the government could decide what infringement looked like? Come on, you either believe in the concept of individual rights and responsibilities or you don't, pick one and stick to it.
View Quote
QFT
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 7:52:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

We had a legal update at work and we were told not to arrest or seize either the gun or marijuana as long as it was in the legal limit and they have their card and carry permit. I’d expect the carry license forms to be updated in the near future. I’ll ask a buddy at county next time I see him if the form is changing or has changed recently . We got the update about 2 weeks ago.
View Quote
And ticket only for possession, unless you have other charges. For non card holders of course.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top