Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 25
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 10:59:01 AM EDT
[#1]
There are so many scenarios never before seen in politics brewing here.

1. What if she's brain dead in a coma on 1/1/20?  She's not dead and didn't resign, so I assume the election year rule will apply. Almost a bizarro world Terry Schiavo setup.

2. Did Johnson or Clinton have any appointments confirmed which they were under impeachment? What about Nixon during Watergate?
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 10:59:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I doubt that supporting the murder of unborn children is a good way to have the door opened.  Seems like it might violate that whole "thou shalt not kill" thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If she's knocking on heaven's door then I'm in the wrong religion.  
She can knock all she wants.  I doubt she has done what's required to have that door opened for her to enter inside.
I doubt that supporting the murder of unborn children is a good way to have the door opened.  Seems like it might violate that whole "thou shalt not kill" thing.
Matthew 18:10 New International Version (NIV)
“See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.
There just might be some wrath built up from a couple of million murders. Just might be.............
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:09:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Can we get an RBG status update. I’m not sure what’s guessing vs facts from the previous posts.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#4]
If she kicks, you're going to see a reenactment of "Weekend at Bernies"
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:16:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Can we get an RBG status update. I’m not sure what’s guessing vs facts from the previous posts.
View Quote
This is the last update.  There's been no word since then:

Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:19:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
There won't be one until either she is released, dies, or has been missing for over a week. Anything indicating frailness is downplayed as it does not give with the mythos they have crafted around her.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:19:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I believe the status will be no matter what she is “alive”. Hook a pace maker up, force air for breathing, run a circulatory pump for constant dyalasis, and see how long you can animate a corpse. I expect they could keep her going until after the election at this point, even if she was rotting a bit.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:20:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EKGHR6MXUAUiQuF.png:large
View Quote
Yea, cause when I have a fever I get rushed to two different hospitals.  Some animals are more equal than others.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:22:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

1. What if she's brain dead in a coma on 1/1/20?  She's not dead and didn't resign, so I assume the election year rule will apply. Almost a bizarro world Terry Schiavo setup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If she's in a coma, she'll be removed from office due to incapacitation to perform her official duties.

2. Did Johnson or Clinton have any appointments confirmed which they were under impeachment? What about Nixon during Watergate?
No, because none were submitted or required.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:24:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife goes through this quite often.. she got sepsis from a hip surgery. Her immune system is weak from cancer and she has gotten c diff.
So she gets a fever and chills we go to the ER and they treat her with intravenous antibiotics..

At RBG’s age eventually an infection will kill her is my guess..
My wife only in her 50’s is still strong enough to survive these infections.
Anyone medical professionals in the room care to correct me if I am incorrect. I would appreciate it..
I’ve only got a learn as I go MD...
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:25:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If she's in a coma, she'll be removed from office due to incapacitation to perform her official duties.

No, because none were submitted or required.
View Quote
Coma,catatonic state...what's the difference?

Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:27:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
The so called “election rule” is relatively new and applies to a President in his second term. A first term president prior to the election is not a lame duck president.

Democrats are lying by omission when they invoke the “election rule.”

Don’t let them sucker you.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:28:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Two hospitals for an infection?

Sounds like a way of getting two new infections.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:30:03 AM EDT
[#14]
They are probably pumping her with every gallon of fetal tissues they can.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:32:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:32:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'll take "nosocomial" for 900 Alex.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The so called “election rule” is relatively new and applies to a President in his second term. A first term president prior to the election is not a lame duck president.

View Quote
And to add to your post, McConnell has stated multiple times his proudest accomplishment are the Judiciary appointments.  There's no way he'd miss out on this one; he's also stated previously that it can and would happen up to January 2021...
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'll take "nosocomial" for 900 Alex.
View Quote
Ohhh.  Fortunately nosocomial infections are well regarded to be benign and easily treata...ah fuck it.  Who are we kidding?

I got to go get my favorite stick for poking dead things.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:39:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
I swear to god, you guys need to forget the stupid "election year rule" bullshit. It does NOT FUCKING MATTER:

1. The rule only applies to lame duck presidents, Trump is not.
2. It only applies when the president and the Senate are of different parties. They are not.
3. It only applies if the Senate Majority leader gives a fuck. He DOES NOT.

It DOES NOT FUCKING MATTER.

Secondly: Impeachment doesn't matter because again, Cocaine Mitch doesn't give a fuck. At all.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:41:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
If you are referring to the "Biden Rule" it's not a rule; more of an unspoken gentlemen's agreement.  However, much has changed since 2016 and there are no more gentlemen's agreements.  Both sides are going scorched earth from now on.  We better not pull any punches because they certainly are not.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:45:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If you are referring to the "Biden Rule" it's not a rule; more of an unspoken gentlemen's agreement.  However, much has changed since 2016 and there are no more gentlemen's agreements.  Both sides are going scorched earth from now on.  We better not pull any punches because they certainly are not.
View Quote
Yep.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:45:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I swear to god, you guys need to forget the stupid "election year rule" bullshit. It does NOT FUCKING MATTER:

2. It only applies when the president and the Senate are of different parties. They are not.

Secondly: Impeachment doesn't matter because again, Cocaine Mitch doesn't give a fuck. At all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bears repeating. I don’t know how that rumor keeps getting posted as fact. McConnell went nuclear requiring only simple majority to confirm a supreme judge. He gives zero fucks.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:47:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If she kicks, you're going to see a reenactment of "Weekend at Bernies"
View Quote
Either that or Moon Over Parador.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:49:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.  They will kick and scream the Republicans are applying a double standard to Trump, but if she kicks it even in March-June next year.. The Pres is still perfectly within the rules to seat someone.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:49:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Bears repeating. I don’t know how that rumor keeps getting posted as fact. McConnell went nuclear requiring only simple majority to confirm a supreme judge. He gives zero fucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's important that we get this message out on social media, because the MSM will be working hard to convince the voters that Trump can't appoint in an election year.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:49:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Removed by whom?  Wouldn't the House have to impeach her?  That ain't happening.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:49:21 AM EDT
[#27]
A lot of old people die in the winter.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:49:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Alice In Chains- Down In a Hole Album-Dirt
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:51:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
She is political to the Nth degree. That’s why she is hanging on. The joke is on her. She thought Hilary would win.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would have retired years ago.
She is political to the Nth degree. That’s why she is hanging on. The joke is on her. She thought Hilary would win.
Given all the criminality that we've learned about from the previous admin they didnt just think hitlery would win, they were actively engineering it within the .gov.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:51:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
I was thinking about this over coffee this am. What may have happened is that her stent got plugged and/or infected and that's why she had to be transferred to Hopkins.
The stent replacement procedure is fairly specialized and JH is probably better set up to do that.

And thanks for the correction above regarding biomarkers for PNET, I didnt know that. Was only familiar with CA19-9 because of my father.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:52:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Exactly.  They will kick and scream the Republicans are applying a double standard to Trump, but if she kicks it even in March-June next year.. The Pres is still perfectly within the rules to seat someone.
View Quote
They can kick & scream all they want; won't change anything.  AFAIK the Senate judiciary is only required for wait 7 days before sending a nomination to the whole senate for confirmation.  The opposition can request an additional 7 days, which they usually do.

Schiff shutdown all opposition requests in his recent circus and don't doubt for a moment that the favor would be returned.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:59:42 AM EDT
[#32]
I am guessing Clarence Thomas will be the next to leave via retirement. I think he has hinted at it already.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 12:05:10 PM EDT
[#33]
I call on RBG to stick to her support for saving the environment by setting the thermostat in her house and office to federal energy guidelines and do the American people and the global community a solid.

“For winter, the ideal thermostat temperature is 68 degrees Fahrenheit when you're at home. Energy.gov suggests setting the thermostat to this suggested temperature at home while you're awake and lowering it while you're asleep or away.”

64 degrees should do the trick at night.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 12:06:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
There is no such thing as the election rule, they didn't have the votes to conform so they didn't vote.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 12:06:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 12:06:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I am guessing Clarence Thomas will be the next to leave via retirement. I think he has hinted at it already.
View Quote
Now would be as safe and as good of time as any. If Trump doesn’t make it to a second term, Thomas probably won’t get the opportunity to retire under a “conservative” president.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 12:13:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/24/2019 12:15:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Not until Trump wins.  Both sides have already successfully argued that justices shouldn't be replaced in an election cycle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If she croaks, the left is going to get violent.
Not until Trump wins.  Both sides have already successfully argued that justices shouldn't be replaced in an election cycle.
McConnell said the opposite if Republicans control the Senate and WH
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 12:33:23 PM EDT
[#39]
RBG dies, liberals go berzerk, Trump nominates conservative, liberals go berzerk.  Liberals make up lies, Senate has up/down vote & simple majority wins, liberals go more berzerk.  Fuck the liberals.
The End
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 12:37:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Well, it's Sunday morning.  I expect she has been released just like the media told us.  I suppose she is already out playing tennis?
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 12:38:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Every time I see this thread on page one, I get a fleeting moment of optimism.

Then I leave dissapointed
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 12:46:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm sure the Democrats will act quickly to remove her.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 12:47:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 12:50:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 12:56:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Well, it's Sunday morning.  I expect she has been released just like the media told us.  I suppose she is already out playing tennis?
View Quote
Since when does somebody get IV antibiotics and then released?  If they give it to you IV, it’s a serious infection.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 1:18:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Since when does somebody get IV antibiotics and then released?  If they give it to you IV, it’s a serious infection.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some people's GI tract can't handle certain meds so maybe IV is a choice for those people.
If you've had C Diff oral antibiotics are a concern.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 1:30:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Sorry to disappoint

Link Posted: 11/24/2019 2:06:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Some people's GI tract can't handle certain meds so maybe IV is a choice for those people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My wife has been sent home with a pic line and me administering her antibiotics
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 2:08:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 25
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top