[#3]
HK: Shut up and pay us, poors.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 2:22:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The MP5 isn't obsolete to me.
View Quote
Or anyone else who knows what they're talking about.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 2:23:47 PM EDT
[#5]
HK: Fine, you still suck and we still hate you, but you want to give us money for some old gun we made way back in the day. It only costs us like $200 to make, but you can buy a new one for $5k now. The HK logo on the side is worth it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 2:24:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh shit.

I don't know what is going on.

But I am in!
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 2:25:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 2:25:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome to the last several weeks I guess?
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 2:26:58 PM EDT
[#9]
MP5s are cool.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 2:30:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Hold on.... I thought HK's MP5 release to the civilian market is a very small and limited run? Meaning they're only making so many and then that's it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 2:30:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Theres nothing obsolete about this, mammyrammer!

Link Posted: 12/17/2019 2:31:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I have the generic PTR version.

No kick ball team for me.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 2:34:16 PM EDT
[#13]
You can't even install a FA FCG in it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 2:35:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 2:40:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Uzi > MP5
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 2:48:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I really want one, but I'm gonna hang back and see if the prices drop a bit on the HK version in another month or three, or failing that, if/when the Zeniths become available again, if the price on those take a hit.
View Quote
Zeniths from the last batch were going for around $1600-1800 street price, which is still below dealer price on the SP5. Personally I think the SP5 being an option will have little to no impact on the prices of the clones, there will be markets for both. The only exception may be the custom builders who usually price their guns around what the SP5 goes for, they will probably take a hit.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 2:50:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Not particularly interested in the SP5. I had an SP5K that was alright, but I sold it. I owned an MPX-K that I never shot and then sold.

If I was going to buy a 9mm subby today, it might be the CZ.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 2:53:27 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a PTR9C that I'm thinking about swapping out for an MPX. There are just too many shortcomings for nostalgia to overcome, and I don't want $1500+ tied up in a safe queen.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 2:53:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Obsolete lol

Its still the motherfuckin gold standard
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Obsolete lol

View Quote
Do you truly believe that, objectively, or are you trying to maintain a forum persona as the roller-delayed messiah?  I love my HKs and PTRs but gold standard for subguns in 2019? Nah.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#21]
There will always be a market for nerds to spend their money on nerdy things lol.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 2:58:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Do you truly believe that, objectively, or are you trying to maintain a forum persona as the roller-delayed messiah?  I love my HKs and PTRs but gold standard for subguns in 2019? Nah.
View Quote
I believe the MP5 is the best 'subgun' type available to the masses

Its reliability is unwavering. Its accuracy is true.

With a recoil impulse smooth as butter thanks to a delayed blowback system and a lightweight BCG

It has stood the test of time, and again is literally still the gold standard that newly designed sub guns today are compared to.

Change my mind.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:00:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Uzi > MP5
View Quote
As the owner of both, no.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:04:23 PM EDT
[#24]
The operating system is the gold standard, the gun itself is in many ways outdated. Stamped sheet metal construction, no last round bolt hold open, mediocre at best ergonomics, and not optics friendly. It would be really interesting to see what HK could come up with if they were tasked with designed a modernized MP5 with a machined aluminum receiver.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:05:26 PM EDT
[#25]
They don't hate us anymore!
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:08:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
really?  then go buy an MP7.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:08:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
It really is a historical marking point in the history of HK selling to peasants.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:10:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I have a PTR9C that I'm thinking about swapping out for an MPX. There are just too many shortcomings for nostalgia to overcome, and I don't want $1500+ tied up in a safe queen.
View Quote
Strange. I shoot the living hell out of mine. Goes to the range every single time.

And the PTR even takes the sear.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:11:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Obsolete lol

View Quote
I'm guessing the metric used for the title is regards to it being a real war fighting weapon. In which case, yeah SMGs are stupid nowadays for actual war.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:12:40 PM EDT
[#30]
I bought my first MP5 almost 28 years ago, now it is worth 12x what I initially paid for it... so you're saying I should finally dump it?
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:13:21 PM EDT
[#31]
And my Right Arm of the Free World isn't obsolete either
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:14:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The operating system is the gold standard, the gun itself is in many ways outdated. Stamped sheet metal construction, no last round bolt hold open, mediocre at best ergonomics, and not optics friendly. It would be really interesting to see what HK could come up with if they were tasked with designed a modernized MP5 with a machined aluminum receiver.
View Quote
Like I get the last bolt hold open thing. I mean I dont agree with it being a detrimental thing. But I get it.

But man come on the rest of the gripes aren't even real. Theres optics all over HK type guns and has been for decades. That's not even mentioning that the HK diopter sights are the perfect sighting solution for subgun distances.

Theres also a ton of options for lower trigger groups. Different style selectors, completely different housings available, ambi stuff, extended stuff.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Having shot an Uzi, Sten, MP5, and MPX now - with Giggle Mode

The MP5 makes the other three it's bitch.

Not even close.

That being said - in 2019 the answer a 9mm subgun is the same gun in 300BLK shooting 220grain subs.

I would way rather have a 9" AR15 with an Omega 30cal than a MP5 with an Octane 9.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:15:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm guessing the metric used for the title is regards to it being a real war fighting weapon. In which case, yeah SMGs are stupid nowadays for actual war.
View Quote
Yeah

But for urban and guerilla style stuff it still has its pros

Straight war rifle, no way

Hit and run type stuff, yes please!
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

With a recoil impulse smooth as butter thanks to a delayed blowback system and a lightweight BCG

It has stood the test of time, and again is literally still the gold standard that newly designed sub guns today are compared to.

Change my mind.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Change my mind.
Not really interested in changing it, just curious where you're coming from.  The points about the operating system are well taken, but the controls and manual of arms are clunky IMO.  Off-the-charts cool on charging it, though.

Quoted:

Strange. I shoot the living hell out of mine. Goes to the range every single time.

And the PTR even takes the sear.
Yeah there's nothing really wrong with it, I'd just like a common manual of arms with my ARs and more accessory mounting options.  I wish being sear host was a factor for me
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:18:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that H&Ks choice or the German governments?
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Like I get the last bolt hold open thing.
I mean I dont agree with it being a detrimental thing. But I get it.

But man come on the rest of the gripes aren't even real. Theres optics all over HK type guns and has been for decades. That's not even mentioning that the HK diopter sights are the perfect sighting solution for subgun distances.

Theres also a ton of options for lower trigger groups. Different style selectors, completely different housings available, ambi stuff, extended stuff.
View Quote
Also, this:

Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:19:15 PM EDT
[#38]
If it's so outdated why doncha stand in front of it?

They're crap but I still want.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:24:45 PM EDT
[#39]
"The mp5 Is Obsolete, but HK Says We Can Finally Has It"

OK, so the thread title seems to have nothing to do with anything in the Op's incoherent statements. In other words Op doesn't make any sense.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:25:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Is that H&Ks choice or the German governments?
View Quote
You tell me.  All I know is that H&K doesn't sell the good stuff as a rule to the US citizenry and when they do it's limited number of models at insane prices and small batches.

Everyone talks about H&K being prevented from selling by the German government but no one ever proves it; as far as I know it's H&K deigning to not sell to the plebs because they have a hard-on for .mil and LEO and their fanboys are making excuses for them.

Change my mind.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:26:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:36:39 PM EDT
[#42]
HK decided they could make a metric shit ton of money by allowing us to buy MP5's again.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:40:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You tell me.  All I know is that H&K doesn't sell the good stuff as a rule to the US citizenry and when they do it's limited number of models at insane prices and small batches.

Everyone talks about H&K being prevented from selling by the German government but no one ever proves it; as far as I know it's H&K deigning to not sell to the plebs because they have a hard-on for .mil and LEO and their fanboys are making excuses for them.

Change my mind.
View Quote
We have tough import laws, Germany has tough export laws. HK has also had their nuts cut off 3 times by US politicians 3 times (1989, 94, 97) so why would they submit crazy shit for approval?

Also what else do they make that you want? The unimportable 40mm grenade launchers? Illegal MG4 and MG5 machine guns? The barely out of prototype stage 433?
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Change my mind
View Quote
HK Doesn't Hate You
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:52:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Like I get the last bolt hold open thing. I mean I dont agree with it being a detrimental thing. But I get it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sooo....you basically have to re-build it?
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:54:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

We have tough import laws, Germany has tough export laws. HK has also had their nuts cut off 3 times by US politicians 3 times (1989, 94, 97) so why would they submit crazy shit for approval?

Also what else do they make that you want? The unimportable 40mm grenade launchers? Illegal MG4 and MG5 machine guns? The barely out of prototype stage 433?
View Quote
Okay.  So there are import laws, I have yet to see someone prove that is the impediment for getting certain firearms from H&K into civilian hands.  I am okay with H&K choosing to not bring shit in, but the fanboys need to stop defending them with "import laws" that they can't prove is the reason.

As for what I want?  The same shit as everyone else, MP7s, G36's, UMPs.  The second and third are imported in super small numbers in neutered form.  Don't distort the discussion by bringing in MGs and Grenade launchers, that's not what is under discussion when people bring up the H&K hating us meme and you know it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:56:07 PM EDT
[#47]
If H&K was smart they would bring all that tooling to the US.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:58:34 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote
[edit] since you ninja edited your original post here's the second of mine rebutting your link, original response at bottom.

"That's a fluff piece that does nothing other than say HK got burned by the US, and that HK really just loves us and is once bitten twice shy. I read the article when it came out.

"The fact is that if Germany would let H&K export the G36 rifle and the US allowed them to import it, there would be plenty of civilians with semi automatic G36 rifles if a cost analyst determined there was a market and the company could turn a profit on them (we live in the world of $2,000 Tavor and AUGs that sell like crazy). Even if the German government let the plans be exported for guns like the G36 and MP7"

Except no proof of this is ever given other than speculation by the authors and a bunch of he-said-she-said by an outfit that had Chris Kyle on their payroll. No quotes of German laws forbidding this activity, no references to weapons laws prohibiting it. Just more "HK would love to but Germany says no" with a bunch of talk about how HK is really a nice guy that is misunderstood."

[below was my original response to your flippant "so wild speculation then" comment]

So just throwing rocks and racking up post counts with nonsensical questions instead of answering the fucking question then?

This is what I am getting at.  Any time someone calls out the "import/export law" as an excuse we get this stupid fanboy crap.

Until someone shows otherwise the H&K hates you meme can be laid at the feet of the company's decisions and not excused by blaming the german government.

Again, feel free to show some damn proof to back "muh laws" as the reason and not HK's decisions and I will gladly revoke my taunting of HK.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Uzi > MP5
I have both, in FA.  MP5 is superior.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 4:03:37 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote
That's a fluff piece that does nothing other than say HK got burned by the US, and that HK really just loves us and is once bitten twice shy.  I read the article when it came out.

"The fact is that if Germany would let H&K export the G36 rifle and the US allowed them to import it, there would be plenty of civilians with semi automatic G36 rifles if a cost analyst determined there was a market and the company could turn a profit on them (we live in the world of $2,000 Tavor and AUGs that sell like crazy). Even if the German government let the plans be exported for guns like the G36 and MP7"

Except no proof of this is ever given other than speculation by the authors and a bunch of he-said-she-said by an outfit that had Chris Kyle on their payroll.  No quotes of German laws forbidding this activity, no references to weapons laws prohibiting it.  Just more "HK would love to but Germany says no" with a bunch of talk about how HK is really a nice guy that is misunderstood.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top