BCM
User Panel

Page / 1712
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:32:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By StevesZZ5:
And away we go!

I bet we see a good rise into the webinar, and a hard dump at about 1:30PM est if it’s not very exciting.   Speculating, and I SHOULD dump my 14k shares then if it does...

...or I’ll hold until next week which I think is the wise decision.
View Quote

I don’t like quoting myself, but the dump is right about on time.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By KaiK:
I want to know who is still buying. 
View Quote

A similar thing happened a week or two ago with UAVS.  Rumor leading up, hit $5, earnings call made it tank, but people were buying all the way down.  A few made some money on the bounce off the bottom.  A whole bunch lost a bunch on that one.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m not done buying.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:37:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Seems like the ship is going down. Pigs are going to drown.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:40:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I closed my position................for now
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:43:55 PM EDT
[#6]
And with that,

F
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#7]
People don't seem to be super panicking yet. I wonder what price point that happens?
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:45:50 PM EDT
[#8]
It’s fun losing money.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:46:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:47:21 PM EDT
[#10]
People don't seem to be super panicking yet. I wonder what price point that happens?
View Quote

A lot of longs in, I’m sure.  Which is weird considering how crazy it’s been.

But...most everyone new that all the news was fake.  Fake news...but faked because a buyout only makes sense.

I have my bag in hand.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:48:22 PM EDT
[#11]
People don't seem to be super panicking yet. I wonder what price point that happens?
View Quote

It may not be panic but it sure ain't a sign of confidence.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#12]
MARK is really screwing me over on this one
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:50:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: baxt3r] [#13]
Originally Posted By RwithThe40:
MARK is really screwing me over on this one 
View Quote

Damn.  I hadn't really looked at that one since I got out earlier.  That's not looking good.   They'll tweet something and it will run back up again.

I'm in two right now and I'm out of day trades.  Stupid PDT rule.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:53:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By baxt3r:

It may not be panic but it sure ain't a sign of confidence. 

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/138762/Screenshot__25__png-1412679.JPG
View Quote

I figured it would be $.50 by now.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:54:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By baxt3r:

Damn.  I hadn't really looked at that one since I got out earlier.  That's not looking good.   They'll tweet something and it will run back up again.

I'm in two right now and I'm out of day trades.  Stupid PDT rule. 
View Quote

Stop being poor.

<poor with a robinhood account.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:56:05 PM EDT
[#16]
I mean seriously it's still up almost 10% on the day with the worst possible news there could be.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:57:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I mean seriously it's still up almost 10% on the day with the worst possible news there could be. 
View Quote

I'm baffled. I figured it would be back to .50 by now
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:58:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone in on EMAN?
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:01:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By CYB29:

Stop being poor.

<poor with a robinhood account.
View Quote

I've got a Robinhood account, too.  I need to move everything over to ToS.   It'll put me that much closer to not having to play by those stupid rules.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:02:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By CMB350:
Anyone in on EMAN?
View Quote
What's the word on EMAN?

I read up on BIOC, SHIP & TAT and bought them today.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:06:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By baxt3r:
If you're in MVIS, get out.  It's dropping fast.
View Quote
Buyout not happening?  Eject eject eject!

Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:08:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By CMB350:
Anyone in on EMAN?
View Quote
Up 45% today...  saw a jump in trading steady over the past month.  What was the initial interest in this and where were people talking about it?
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:09:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By GonvilleBromhead:
What's the word on EMAN?

I read up on BIOC, SHIP & TAT and bought them today.
View Quote

I’m also sitting on 1k shares of SHIP lol hoping it’ll take me to the moon
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:13:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By RwithThe40:

I’m also sitting on 1k shares of SHIP lol hoping it’ll take me to the moon
View Quote

Maybe they will ship some mushroom tea to you.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:21:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Maybe the bots are waiting for the last few minutes to drop the bottom out.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:25:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Maybe they will ship some mushroom tea to you. 
View Quote

If it’ll make some money, I’ll take it! Lol I could have swing traded MARK 2 times today if I had been smart, and patient! Looks like it’s coming back up now!! $2.05!
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:28:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IceStationZebra] [#27]
Well that call was amateur hour.  

I see a little wiggle room in the later PR clarification from msft that the rumors were not true.  But honestly, from the painfully amateur 13 year old like xbox demo that was like an ADHD kid switching games with no real purpose to this today, wth microsoft?

If they end up buying mvis how do they get around SEC given this lady's comments?  

"I have no comment on rumors" would have sufficed.

Another theory, msft cannot get MVIS to the table at the price they wanted.  If you were on the mvis board and heard that denial, it would strip you of your bargaining position.

It could also be true that msft is going to just buy one or more verticals.  Therefore the rumor that msft is buying the whole company is false.

@osprey61 what is your take?
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By GonvilleBromhead:
Up 45% today...  saw a jump in trading steady over the past month.  What was the initial interest in this and where were people talking about it?
View Quote

Guy at work bought in today. I assume reddit is where most of these penny stocks are discussed.

To add to this thread I sold another chunk of MVIS at .92 this afternoon. Only 100 shares remaining. Will most likely hold to “see what happens” I bought in at .23 so don’t care if it goes to 0 at this point.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:48:04 PM EDT
[#29]
a lot of pump and dump originates or at least gets hyped from Reddit.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:49:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#30]
Originally Posted By IceStationZebra:
Well that call was amateur hour.  

I see a little wiggle room in the later PR clarification from msft that the rumors were not true.  But honestly, from the painfully amateur 13 year old like xbox demo that was like an ADHD kid switching games with no real purpose to this today, wth microsoft?

If they end up buying mvis how do they get around SEC given this lady's comments?  

"I have no comment on rumors" would have sufficed.

Another theory, msft cannot get MVIS to the table at the price they wanted.  If you were on the mvis board and heard that denial, it would strip you of your bargaining position.

It could also be true that msft is going to just buy one or more verticals.  Therefore the rumor that msft is buying the whole company is false.

@osprey61 what is your take?
View Quote

Okay, anybody staying in pay close attention. Lots of you don't do subtlety well (not you ISZ, just using your post).

Here's what Alison said: 1:04 A majority of the questions so far have been about the rumored acquisition between Microsoft and Microvision. I don't have any information on that yet right now. As soon as our PR team releases something I will let you guys know. I should be getting something shortly. So sit tight on that. 1:06:09: I just heard back from our PR team and apparently it is not true, it is a rumor that we [Microsoft] are buying microvision. That's all I have at the moment [b] Sorry- probably disappointing to a lot of you. No truth to the rumor. [b]We don't have anything to add [b]at the moment.

She went into what MFST knew would be a fury of interest/questions without a prepared answer, and staged a very dramatic hold...then a "THIS JUST IN" denial, not from the CEO but from PR. It reeks of powerplay in an on-going negotiation.

Price rose on speculation (for the second time) to about $1.20 on rumor, fell and stabilized at about .92 on news, of a sort. That's a short term trading range.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 4:02:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Since I haven't done a disclaimer in a while, here's an important one:

I don't trust Sharma, the man is an engineer and LIDAR is his baby. He could very easily sell NED to MSFT, keep every penny of the proceeds and plow it back into business as usual, clobbering people who got in for a quick buck.

Link Posted: 5/12/2020 4:16:51 PM EDT
[#32]
I need MVIS to tank now. Made a little money selling shares today and now I need to dump a Put. >70 is my break even point.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 4:18:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

Okay, anybody staying in pay close attention. Lots of you don't do subtlety well (not you ISZ, just using your post).

Here's what Alison said: 1:04 A majority of the questions so far have been about the rumored acquisition between Microsoft and Microvision. I don't have any information on that yet right now. As soon as our PR team releases something I will let you guys know. I should be getting something shortly. So sit tight on that. 1:06:09: I just heard back from our PR team and apparently it is not true, it is a rumor that we [Microsoft] are buying microvision. That's all I have at the moment [b] Sorry- probably disappointing to a lot of you. No truth to the rumor. [b]We don't have anything to add [b]at the moment.

She went into what MFST knew would be a fury of interest/questions without a prepared answer, and staged a very dramatic hold...then a "THIS JUST IN" denial, not from the CEO but from PR. It reeks of powerplay in an on-going negotiation. 

Price rose on speculation (for the second time) to about $1.20 on rumor, fell and stabilized at about .92 on news, of a sort. That's a short term trading range.
View Quote

It felt like a negotiating tactic by msft.  If they announced it in 20 minutes the answer is "circumstances changed"

Link Posted: 5/12/2020 4:19:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Since I haven't done a disclaimer in a while, here's an important one:

I don't trust Sharma, the man is an engineer and LIDAR is his baby. He could very easily sell NED to MSFT, keep every penny of the proceeds and plow it back into business as usual, clobbering people who got in for a quick buck.

View Quote

This is the nightmare scenario for me.  Business as usual, the business of raping the shareholders.  I hope there are riots at the HQ if this happens.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 4:22:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 4:27:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By gsd2053:
Sound like the penny stocks on the wolf of wall street.
View Quote

Even worse...

Companies that SHOULD be valued much higher but are in the share price of penny stock, dirt, dog shit stocks.

Fuck it.....i'm gonna go watch Wolf of Wall Street now.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#37]

Painting the tape for the most part. Seriously, the Stocktwats should know better to put any credence in that, but they act like it's a divining rod for the next days action.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 4:42:30 PM EDT
[#38]
MVIS is probably doing better than the rest of the market in after hours.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 5:23:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IceStationZebra] [#39]
I swear if I was in this stock for years I would be bolting panels to my killdozer right now.

What a crazy freaking stock.  I'm even on my initial investment with the rest of my 75k shares in my IRA holding for an announcement of something.  It can't go down much beyond my basis, so it's free $ I'm playing with.

I just put more $ in my brokerage account to day trade with.  I have the rhythms down and believe I can split this money in half and day trade it.  I've wanted to sell out many times before the whales dumped on the stock but can't be in and out with my big # of shares.  So I'll day trade and have some fun.  There should be ample chances before the shareholder meeting.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 5:34:53 PM EDT
[#40]

Okay, anybody staying in pay close attention. Lots of you don't do subtlety well (not you ISZ, just using your post).

Here's what Alison said: 1:04 A majority of the questions so far have been about the rumored acquisition between Microsoft and Microvision. I don't have any information on that yet right now. As soon as our PR team releases something I will let you guys know. I should be getting something shortly. So sit tight on that. 1:06:09: I just heard back from our PR team and apparently it is not true, it is a rumor that we [Microsoft] are buying microvision. That's all I have at the moment [b] Sorry- probably disappointing to a lot of you. No truth to the rumor. [b]We don't have anything to add [b]at the moment.

She went into what MFST knew would be a fury of interest/questions without a prepared answer, and staged a very dramatic hold...then a "THIS JUST IN" denial, not from the CEO but from PR. It reeks of powerplay in an on-going negotiation. 

Price rose on speculation (for the second time) to about $1.20 on rumor, fell and stabilized at about .92 on news, of a sort. That's a short term trading range.
View Quote

This is how I feel about your post.

Attachment Attached File

But this shit won't die. Who knows.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 9:11:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Thanks...I think. If I didn't end up drinking the iocane powder I'd feel a lot better about it.

A metaphor for trading in Microvision?

BTW, Ms. Allison "I made it all the way through Georgetown, The London School of Economics, and a short stint at the White House" used to work for the CIA. She also signed on at MSFT as a "Senior Cyber Security Strategist". This is great, and it got better when she claimed MSFT owned all the IP in Hololens II later in the dismissed question session. Oops?

God I love this stock. It's given me a reason to get up every morning for years.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 9:27:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StevesZZ5] [#42]
Between the miss-step comments of Craig-Hallum analyst last week and Alison Fehling comments today...and all the fake news releases...how are people not in trouble?

I’m new to all this.  Is this common for there to be so much psychological drama and propaganda in penny stocks like this?

I’m completely sure speculation and resultant swings are normal, but a lot of what’s going on seems like irresponsible comments from people and even outright manipulation in some cases.

Either way, I haven’t had this much fun since I don’t know when.

Link Posted: 5/12/2020 9:48:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Thanks...I think. If I didn't end up drinking the iocane powder I'd feel a lot better about it.

A metaphor for trading in Microvision?

BTW, Ms. Allison "I made it all the way through Georgetown, The London School of Economics, and a short stint at the White House" used to work for the CIA. She also signed on at MSFT as a "Senior Cyber Security Strategist". This is great, and it got better when she claimed MSFT owned all the IP in Hololens II later in the dismissed question session. Oops?

God I love this stock. It's given me a reason to get up every morning for years.
View Quote

I bought 1000 shares at .8501.

But I also have 30 puts.

Let's see where it goes.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 10:17:12 PM EDT
[#44]

I bought 1000 shares at .8501. 

But I also have 30 puts. 

Let's see where it goes.
View Quote

May 15 puts, or June 19?  0.40 for the June $1 strike ones seems..high
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 10:38:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IceStationZebra] [#45]
Between the miss-step comments of Craig-Hallum analyst last week and Alison Fehling comments today...and all the fake news releases...how are people not in trouble?

I’m new to all this.  Is this common for there to be so much psychological drama and propaganda in penny stocks like this?

I’m completely sure speculation and resultant swings are normal, but a lot of what’s going on seems like irresponsible comments from people and even outright manipulation in some cases.

Either way, I haven’t had this much fun since I don’t know when.

View Quote

You are not wrong and those two events you mentoned aren't accidents.  Does anyone really believe a partner of the broker hired to sell the company misspoke?  Does anyone believe that Microsoft sent this young lady out there unprepared knowing that the investing community would ask her about the acquisition?  I knew she would be asked about it, does anyone think Microsoft didn't?

My HOPE is that today was a hardball tactic by Microsoft to counter hard negotiations by MVIS.

The nightmare scenario is that Sharma decides he is the savior of the company and sells off one or more verticals and keeps the cash in order to run the company on Lidar.  Dick.  That would likely result in bankruptcy.

That is why my shares would vote no across the board, if I could vote, for all of the proposals.  Let them ask for a RS after securing the deal contingent on the RS vote.  With enough of an offer bid, the shareholders would probably authorize the RS unanimously.  If the RS is just to let Sharma continue the slow ride to bankruptcy, screw them.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 10:46:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#46]
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

May 15 puts, or June 19?  0.40 for the June $1 strike ones seems..high
View Quote

May.  June's are that high because they know it's going into the ground.

Puts got down to 9 cents today. I wish I would have got some of those. 13 cents still isn't too bad.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 11:37:59 PM EDT
[#47]

May.  June's are that high because they know it's going into the ground.

Puts got down to 9 cents today. I wish I would have got some of those. 13 cents still isn't too bad.
View Quote

They expire in three days; you'd need to close them out before expiration, right?  Or would you let them expire and hope MVIS closes under .80 on friday?
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 11:49:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

They expire in three days; you'd need to close them out before expiration, right?  Or would you let them expire and hope MVIS closes under .80 on friday?
View Quote

Since I bought a 1000 shares at 85 cents. And I bought puts at 13 cents.  Those are locked in as a win. I want it to tank tomorrow morning and I can buy some more shares.  And if It goes up I can sell them if not I can just use the puts.    I'll probably  dump my puts tomorrow no matter what.  As theta will kill them on friday.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:44:23 AM EDT
[#49]

You are not wrong and those two events you mentoned aren't accidents.  Does anyone really believe a partner of the broker hired to sell the company misspoke?  Does anyone believe that Microsoft sent this young lady out there unprepared knowing that the investing community would ask her about the acquisition?  I knew she would be asked about it, does anyone think Microsoft didn't?

My HOPE is that today was a hardball tactic by Microsoft to counter hard negotiations by MVIS.

The nightmare scenario is that Sharma decides he is the savior of the company and sells off one or more verticals and keeps the cash in order to run the company on Lidar.  Dick.  That would likely result in bankruptcy.

That is why my shares would vote no across the board, if I could vote, for all of the proposals.  Let them ask for a RS after securing the deal contingent on the RS vote.  With enough of an offer bid, the shareholders would probably authorize the RS unanimously.  If the RS is just to let Sharma continue the slow ride to bankruptcy, screw them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Between the miss-step comments of Craig-Hallum analyst last week and Alison Fehling comments today...and all the fake news releases...how are people not in trouble?

I’m new to all this.  Is this common for there to be so much psychological drama and propaganda in penny stocks like this?

I’m completely sure speculation and resultant swings are normal, but a lot of what’s going on seems like irresponsible comments from people and even outright manipulation in some cases.

Either way, I haven’t had this much fun since I don’t know when.

You are not wrong and those two events you mentoned aren't accidents.  Does anyone really believe a partner of the broker hired to sell the company misspoke?  Does anyone believe that Microsoft sent this young lady out there unprepared knowing that the investing community would ask her about the acquisition?  I knew she would be asked about it, does anyone think Microsoft didn't?

My HOPE is that today was a hardball tactic by Microsoft to counter hard negotiations by MVIS.

The nightmare scenario is that Sharma decides he is the savior of the company and sells off one or more verticals and keeps the cash in order to run the company on Lidar.  Dick.  That would likely result in bankruptcy.

That is why my shares would vote no across the board, if I could vote, for all of the proposals.  Let them ask for a RS after securing the deal contingent on the RS vote.  With enough of an offer bid, the shareholders would probably authorize the RS unanimously.  If the RS is just to let Sharma continue the slow ride to bankruptcy, screw them.

Then it’s time to “squeeze the Sharma”.  Sorry, I’m old.  

Fuck the verticals, he needs to stop and swallow his pride and sell it all outright...if MSFT is willing to buy the whole ball of wax which I’m willing to bet they are.

These games are old.  If he fucks it up, there isn’t a start-up out there that would let him slide in as an experience-CEO.  It’s the lesser of the two evils for him if he just allows a damn buyout.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 4:57:25 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm trying to decide if I should buy back in. Seems like that statement let the air out of it.
Page / 1712
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top