BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 7:42:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mcbowflex:
Nothing like pissing away tax dollars in the militarization of police forces.  Gots to make sure they got that Gucci gear for some no knock red flag raids.
View Quote

What you posted makes you sound absolutely retarded.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 7:50:53 AM EDT
[#2]
When i graduated from the police academy, APD, 1980, my mom bought me a thing you strap on your leg. Like what pilots wore to write notes about radio frequencies and stuff. My dad wore one when he was a pilot. It was handy to write down descriptions and addresses.  I remember that to this day.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 7:55:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Socks, boots, and all that crap are obvious.  He needs to know how to write a report. He needs to know when to keep quiet and listen to the experienced patrol officers. That would be the best gear to show up to as a new officer with.

If you have to buy him something, get a bunch of cheap ink pens, because they don’t last long.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 9:51:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Gripy:
Pocket sized constitution.
View Quote

WINNER!!!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 9:55:44 AM EDT
[#5]
What shift do they work
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 9:59:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By RedRyder21:
Socks, boots, and all that crap are obvious.  He needs to know how to write a report. He needs to know when to keep quiet and listen to the experienced patrol officers. That would be the best gear to show up to as a new officer with.

If you have to buy him something, get a bunch of cheap ink pens, because they don’t last long.
View Quote

Did he say anything about being new?
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:21:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Can never go wrong with a new pair of boots.  Your feet will thank you and you won't even realize how crappy you have felt wearing the old boots all the time.

Flashlight tech is something that almost always changes between one allowance check and the other too, you can go broke trying to keep up with technology.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:21:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I personally would use my uniform allowance for uniforms.  They barely last a year before turning into stained and faded crap.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:40:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By John-in-austin:
I personally would use my uniform allowance for uniforms.  They barely last a year before turning into stained and faded crap.
View Quote

What brand are you guys wearing
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:42:12 AM EDT
[#10]
More socks
Another pair of boots
More magazines
Nicer knife / flashlight

<- doesn’t know dick about policing
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:56:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By tc556guy:

That's odd
We already do that in the vast majority of interactions with the public
View Quote

The internet has shown me otherwise

Hope your dental plan is worth it you JBT!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 11:19:27 AM EDT
[#12]
These are handy, just hang one off of your vest:

Wedge-It

Link Posted: 5/2/2020 11:20:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Cell phone charger or a good battery backup for the cellphone. A few of our guys had battery issues when the tornadoes hit here, got caught underprepared.

Flashlights and knives... when you need one, you need one. Never can have too many. I keep a decent light and knife in every car/truck in addition to the one I carry every day. Asp baton or a spring loaded glass breaker to safely remove a window from a burning house or a wrecked car is huge. Nobody here really uses the baton as a baton anymore, it is a good glass breaker though.

I’ll second the S&W M100’s, I carry two pair. Gloves, spare magazines, and a jump box for helping stranded motorists. I’ve seen people run out of gas, run the battery dead trying to start the car. A jump box is something a community minded helper/officer will use. Air compressor is another thing we’ve used, a family’s spare was low on air, got them on their way without a tow truck because an officer had a small compressor. Sure made their day.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 11:29:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By seargeantjim:
Any light that clips onto your shoulder. Makes for easier searches or jotting down info. Night shift guys will understand. I've known day shift guys who never even carried a flashlight... guess they'll never have to go in a dark building or basement during the day!
View Quote

I stayed over to help day work and pulled over a car got out and walked up and shined my flashlight into the car. One of the old heads walks up and goes how long you been on midnights?
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 12:06:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Attachment Attached File

These with Salomon Forces XA Mids (Non-Gortex) are the best combination I've found.

And Austria Alpin buckle for the duty belt if an option.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 12:23:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Easy.

The same gear these guys have

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/2/2020 1:15:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By SpudCrushr:

Agreed. We need to adopt the euro model for policing. Meaning, take guns away from police. Make them use their kind words to de-escilate situations.
View Quote

By "euro model", I guess you mean the UK.  Maybe we need to just adopt ties.  Apparently it is some "They live" type shit if you wear a tie.

Link Posted: 5/2/2020 4:40:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Training?
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 4:45:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By shotar:

Probably cant. No agency will allow their funds to be used for non sanctioned training. That is a different budget.
View Quote

Mine just cuts me a check, that I can use how I see fit.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By FALex:
These are handy, just hang one off of your vest:

Wedge-It

View Quote

they work well for most door types
ive left a few of those in fires
wooden wedges are cheaper
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 5:31:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By thehellbringer:
A Skittles dispenser can defuse a lot of situations.
View Quote

PEZ!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 5:36:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By shotar:

You know all those uniformed guys sporting open carry machineguns all over euro cities? Thats not the army.
View Quote

Probably true a few years ago...

Now the Euros, esp. the French have plenty of troops on the streets and our cops are probably as heavily armed as either their cops or troops.

About the only thing the Euro cops still maintain is some level of large riot control equipment.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 6:00:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By SekFan:

Easy.

The same gear these guys have 

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/241310/CA09F9BD-4310-4B89-AE55-7F83A24F1966_jpe-1397338.JPG

View Quote

damn.  37 pieces of flair.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:54:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Freebeer:

they work well for most door types
ive left a few of those in fires
wooden wedges are cheaper
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Freebeer:
Originally Posted By FALex:
These are handy, just hang one off of your vest:

Wedge-It

they work well for most door types
ive left a few of those in fires
wooden wedges are cheaper

Whoops
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 1:08:57 AM EDT
[#26]
I wasn't a police officer, but, I was authorized to carry my personally owned hand gun for duty use and I purchased my own weapon light (Surefire X300, majority of other agents were too cheap to buy their own and the agency did not issue them), level IV armor plates and carrier (they only issued us soft body armor level III), flashlight (Elektrolumens 1,000 lumen LED light with a rechargeable lithium 18650 battery way back in 2004), and two MSA Millenium gas masks with CBRN filters (the agency saw no need to issue gas masks) one mask was for in the office in case of a chemical attack on the building and the other was to keep in the vehicle in case of need while out of the office. I was the only one in my agency with my own gas masks. If we ever had an attack on the office I was the only one prepared for a chemical attack or to get out of the building alive.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 2:01:17 AM EDT
[#27]
I remember my last visit to London. I was in SOHO Saturday evening. The riot squad was staging. Nothing particular was happening, it was just Saturday.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 2:46:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Castillo:

The internet has shown me otherwise 

Hope your dental plan is worth it you JBT!! 
View Quote

They forgot to issue me a dental plan.
I guess that ruins all of the conspiracy theories
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 2:49:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Gripy:
Pocket sized constitution.
View Quote

Lol did you mean to say “Copy of the governors orders?” Quit trolling I think OP wants stuff they will actually use.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top