Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

The Official Bourbon Thread (Page 123 of 124)
Page / 124
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 12:49:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Just got some more of my usual low shelf...

Link Posted: 8/17/2024 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Like a retard on a drumset for me...
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 4:33:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Newest addition

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 9:12:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Some rye for tonight.

Link Posted: 8/18/2024 2:49:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 12:18:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Tango-22:
Finally found a bottle of Sinatra in the wild. Can’t find it anywhere around here.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/328407/IMG_2610_jpeg-3295394.JPG
View Quote

Rumor is it's being discontinued. Something about contracts and copyrights/trademarks that the family doesn't want to deal with anymore.

I'm seeing it more and more around here, at plaxes I'd never think to look.
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 1:01:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By justsayin:

Opinion?

I keep seeing it but have always passed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By justsayin:
Originally Posted By cat-mechanic:
Some rye for tonight.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48955/IMG_0828-3297275.jpg

Opinion?

I keep seeing it but have always passed.

I only picked it up because it was on clearance. Only paid $35 for it.

It was surprisingly good. A little burn with it. But I’m still new to this whole bourbon thing.

Definitely some sweetness to it. Like a brown sugar. Went good with the steak and baked sweet potato at dinner.
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 9:37:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: llanero] [#8]
Just moved back to the states and got this as a house warming gift from my FIL.
Is it a safe queen or do I drink it?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 10:43:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By llanero:
Just moved back to the states and got this as a house warming gift from my FIL.
Is it a safe queen or do I drink it?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/25010/IMG_6520_jpeg-3299264.JPG
View Quote
There's thousands of different versions of the MM private selections, done as store picks or state exclusives, IMO drink and enjoy it and then try other ones to see how you like the different stave profiles.
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 11:02:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:06:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File

Some of my garage bourbon
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:08:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Attachment Attached File

……And a little more garage bourbon
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:10:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File

……and yet again, a few more bottles of my garage bourbon stash
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:13:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ritterkreuz1945] [#14]
Attachment Attached File

A few gifts I received last weekend when I ended my 3 year term as State Rep for the Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association in West “By Gawd” Virginia!
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 2:20:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Finally got my shelving moved around and starting to get my stuff organized.

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:14:33 PM EDT
[#17]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48955/IMG_0839-3304418.jpg
View Quote

Nice collection!  Starting with a little Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit tonight.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

My wife bitches about my stash...You've got more on one shelf than my whole collection!
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 6:53:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hooligan223] [#19]
Originally Posted By ritterkreuz1945:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/140561/IMG_4977_jpeg-3299363.JPG

……And a little more garage bourbon
View Quote

I'm glad someone else appreciates Benchmark.  It may not have a following but it but it makes a great Old Fashioned without breaking the bank.

ETA: I found a bottle of Eagle Rare on the shelf this past Saturday.  I had to buy it since it was the only one I'd seen in at least a year.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:15:59 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Looks really good.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 10:51:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 8:09:18 AM EDT
[#22]
It seems like the Bourbon frenzy is starting to slow down around here. I'm finding  bottles of "allocated" items more regularly (i.e. Weller 12, Kentucky Spirit, even Stagg jr ).
The super hyped bottles are still rare to find outside of a lottery - Russell's Reserve 15yr - but even the crowds are starting to thin out. I know I've slowed down my buying.
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 7:03:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 9:02:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Attachment Attached File

Went to Costco and saw this, never had it and wasn’t sure if I should pick it up. Single barrel at 59% alcohol, doc Holliday 7 year straight bourbon whiskey
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 9:13:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Not trying to hijack this thread but I’m not a bourbon guy. However I have a good friend and neighbor that’s a huge bourbon guy including hosting yearly tastings.

I want to get him a decent bourbon for a big birthday he has coming up yet don’t want to mortgage my house to do it.

Can anyone recommend a decent one that may be a little more obscure than say the more common ones ?

So as not to derail the thread you can IM me or email.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 9:54:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By pupp86:
Not trying to hijack this thread but I’m not a bourbon guy. However I have a good friend and neighbor that’s a huge bourbon guy including hosting yearly tastings.

I want to get him a decent bourbon for a big birthday he has coming up yet don’t want to mortgage my house to do it.

Can anyone recommend a decent one that may be a little more obscure than say the more common ones ?

View Quote

That is precisely what this thread is for. Can you throw some names or styles of bourbon your neighbor talks about or tried? For instance, I would be thrilled to get a Jack Daniel's single barrel barrel proof in something. Something that CAN be found on a shelf but would add to the gift being special. Some folks had the idea of JD, though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 10:16:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By pupp86:

View Quote

I think the EH Taylor single barrel or small batch at under 100 bucks would be something cool. Comes in a nice tube, pretty hard to find but reasonable in price. So if you gift it to him, he would be glad to get it as he hasn't had to search or pay secondary market prices.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Hasty1:

That is precisely what this thread is for. Can you throw some names or styles of bourbon your neighbor talks about or tried? For instance, I would be thrilled to get a Jack Daniel's single barrel barrel proof in something. Something that CAN be found on a shelf but would add to the gift being special. Some folks had the idea of JD, though.
View Quote

He’s pretty much into everything. Makers Mark, Angels Envy are a few I see out regularly. His family already gifted him a membership or barrel from MM.

I had got him a bottle of Rittenhouse when the whole Kenosha thing went down. The next Christmas I ended up with a lamp made from that bottle !

He’s into the Jack Daniel’s as Sinatra is his “special occassion” shot.

Just trying to think of something kinda unique but not Pappy priced.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:41:55 PM EDT
[#29]
I am just barely dipping my toes into the Bourbon ocean and I mostly depend on threads like this and the Brewzel Youtube channel.  My hit list is very small and relatively inexpensive and I picked up one today, which was Weller Special Reserve.  Pretty good, but I like the Woodford Reserve Barrel Pick better.  

The big one on my hit list is Buffalo Trace, which I have yet to see on a shelf, but will buy the first one I see.  A definite "maybe" is the Weller Antique 107 but I'm not sure I'm willing to pay that much for a bottle of bourbon.  

I looked up Weller Special Reserve and landed on the company website and was shocked to see so many of the bourbon's that consistently come up as desirable are from that company.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:46:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By corwin1968:
I am just barely dipping my toes into the Bourbon ocean and I mostly depend on threads like this and the Brewzel Youtube channel.  My hit list is very small and relatively inexpensive and I picked up one today, which was Weller Special Reserve.  Pretty good, but I like the Woodford Reserve Barrel Pick better.  

The big one on my hit list is Buffalo Trace, which I have yet to see on a shelf, but will buy the first one I see.  A definite "maybe" is the Weller Antique 107 but I'm not sure I'm willing to pay that much for a bottle of bourbon.  

I looked up Weller Special Reserve and landed on the company website and was shocked to see so many of the bourbon's that consistently come up as desirable are from that company.
View Quote
Get to Indiana.  Buffalo Trace is everywhere.   I can't find Weller in Indiana to save my life.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:32:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:43:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By corwin1968:

View Quote

It really depends on your state.
I see people out west post pictures of BT on the shelf at Walmart for msrp $28.
My state of Alabama we can only get it at msrp once a month at the ABC/state store. Same for ER Blanton's etc.
Or you can buy it secondary for $40ish or from a private liquor store at $50.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:53:34 PM EDT
[#33]
I have a picture I took of a shelf in Walmart in Indiana that was empty, but had a label for Blantons priced at $64.98 and Eagle Rare at $34.98.  I've never seen anything on that shelf.  I hold out with hope every time I visit.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:55:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:12:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By AttachedFile:

My state of Alabama we can only get it at msrp once a month at the ABC/state store. Same for ER Blanton's etc.

View Quote

I was always hearing BT on sale for about $28. Just noticed last weekend the sale price was now $33.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:52:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By NotMrWizard:

I was always hearing BT on sale for about $28. Just noticed last weekend the sale price was now $33.
View All Quotes

At a local grocery store the other day and they had cases of Buffalo Trace on sale at $23.99. No limit. Went into a nearby Total Wine and they had 2 bottles on the shelf and a limit one per person sign.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 7:16:08 PM EDT
[#37]

At a local grocery store the other day and they had cases of Buffalo Trace on sale at $23.99. No limit. Went into a nearby Total Wine and they had 2 bottles on the shelf and a limit one per person sign.
View All Quotes

We didn't see it for months after the plandemic and when it started to trickle in a few of us in town had a secret handshake with the state run liquor store employees to get a bottle. We finally started stocking regularly and now I'm back to buying a case in Las Vegas when I'm in town to bring home because of spotty stock. Covid ruined a ton of shit including introducing whisky to fucking millennials.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 9:24:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 4:28:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Not bourbon, but I've never seen this one sold locally so I had to grab one. I'll give it a try tonight during the debate.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 5:36:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Is anyone else watching or bidding on the Sotheby’s whiskey auction that ends tomorrow?

There’s a nice Macallan 60 selling for $60,000.

Auction link
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 6:46:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By bondservant2:
It seems like the Bourbon frenzy is starting to slow down around here. I'm finding  bottles of "allocated" items more regularly (i.e. Weller 12, Kentucky Spirit, even Stagg jr ).
The super hyped bottles are still rare to find outside of a lottery - Russell's Reserve 15yr - but even the crowds are starting to thin out. I know I've slowed down my buying.
View Quote

I struck out at a local lottery last Saturday. One lucky guy and his wife ended up with 5 bottles.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Scored a Blantons and an Eagle Rare at MSRP this week but tonight I'm finishing this bottle of JD Bonded..

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/13/2024 2:57:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By ken_mays:
It’s hilarious that people are chasing Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare only a little less fervently than Pappy.
View Quote

A place near me always has them for regular price.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 5:41:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Extorris:

View All Quotes
It’s hilarious that people are chasing Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare only a little less fervently than Pappy.

It depends on where you live.  ER was hard to find here until a year or so ago, now its getting easier... but BT.. always in stock everywhere for $21-27

I know in some states BT is unobtanium, due to distribution is my guess.. those are gonna be the chase states.

I know back east 107 can be easier to get, i saw it all over NOLA and probably could have scored a bottle.  However in AZ until just recently it was pretty much impossible.  You would hear/see folks getting a single bottle here and there.  Now its just slightly better lol.  but that is the one im looking for when I look.  I am not reacting to online posts to get though.. only checking when im out and about.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 6:05:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By freeride21a:

It depends on where you live.  ER was hard to find here until a year or so ago, now its getting easier... but BT.. always in stock everywhere for $21-27

I know in some states BT is unobtanium, due to distribution is my guess.. those are gonna be the chase states.

I know back east 107 can be easier to get, i saw it all over NOLA and probably could have scored a bottle.  However in AZ until just recently it was pretty much impossible.  You would hear/see folks getting a single bottle here and there.  Now it’s just slightly better lol.  but that is the one im looking for when I look.  I am not reacting to online posts to get though.. only checking when im out and about.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By freeride21a:

I know back east 107 can be easier to get, i saw it all over NOLA and probably could have scored a bottle.  However in AZ until just recently it was pretty much impossible.  You would hear/see folks getting a single bottle here and there.  Now it’s just slightly better lol.  but that is the one im looking for when I look.  I am not reacting to online posts to get though.. only checking when im out and about.

If you like Weller Antique 107, try Makers Mark Cask Strength. It’s very good and $20 cheaper here in Ohio. I can find it on the shelf in pretty much every liquor store.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 6:44:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: masterlou] [#46]
Local liquor store had two bottles of Weller 12 year for $139.99.  Been a while since I seen it in the wild. Too pricey.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Abominable:
Not bourbon, but I've never seen this one sold locally so I had to grab one. I'll give it a try tonight during the debate.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/348465/IMG_8758_jpeg-3318607.JPG
View Quote

I like that bottle of Michters, its a touch on the sweeter side but I like it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Restocked 1.75 wt, ogd114, lazzaroni amaretto and e&j xo. :)
Im kind of in a rut, but nothing else excites. Which is fine by my wallet and oktoberfest is available again so, ill manage.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 7:35:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By masterlou:
Local liquor store had two bottles of Weller 12 year for $139.99.  Been a while since I seen it in the wild. Too pricey.
View Quote

I would have bought both.

Liquor store around here sells it at $399 a bottle and people buy it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 7:41:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By mad_mardigan:

I would have bought both.

Liquor store around here sells it at $399 a bottle and people buy it.
View Quote

Damn that's a lot for a bottle with a twist cap. It was tempting.
Page / 124
The Official Bourbon Thread (Page 123 of 124)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top