BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 120
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BlackTaco:

Thanks! Yeah, our kids are 12 & 16 we built it so the upstairs is kids/bonus/guests - and downstairs is master + entertainment .so we never go upstairs I'd down-size for sure if we ever move again. We're on 13.5 acres, and pretty secluded. If I was to do it again, I'd go 40+ acres and build a smaller house. It would probably look funny with 4-6 garages attached We've talked about it after the kids move out, but everyone including them love our setup. We'll see.

Our gate now scrapes the pavement lol. Apparently that will need to be adjusted. Didn't even think of it.

It's completed - loving it! I'm sure it will take all summer to complete the last leg of landscaping.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/126656/IMG_3714_jpeg-3175620.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/126656/IMG_3716_jpeg-3175621.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/126656/IMG_3718_jpeg-3175622.JPG
View Quote
Be sure, after the driveway cures, to post the Gs you pull on your skidpad.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 7:57:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

Same here.
View Quote

I flipped mine to Normal the other day and forgot rev matching turns off. My 3rd to 2nd downshift was a nice jolt. LOL.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, very nice home!
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:16:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mblades] [#4]

Thanks! Yeah, our kids are 12 & 16…we built it so the upstairs is kids/bonus/guests - and downstairs is master + entertainment….so we never go upstairs…I’d down-size for sure if we ever move again. We’re on 13.5 acres, and pretty secluded. If I was to do it again, I’d go 40+ acres and build a smaller house. It would probably look funny with 4-6 garages attached We’ve talked about it after the kids move out, but everyone including them love our setup. We’ll see.

Our gate now scrapes the pavement lol. Apparently that will need to be adjusted. Didn’t even think of it.

It’s completed - loving it! I’m sure it will take all summer to complete the last leg of landscaping.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By D_J:

Nice. That’s a baller crib. When we retire, hoping we can do something nice like that in the country, but not quite as big.

Thanks! Yeah, our kids are 12 & 16…we built it so the upstairs is kids/bonus/guests - and downstairs is master + entertainment….so we never go upstairs…I’d down-size for sure if we ever move again. We’re on 13.5 acres, and pretty secluded. If I was to do it again, I’d go 40+ acres and build a smaller house. It would probably look funny with 4-6 garages attached We’ve talked about it after the kids move out, but everyone including them love our setup. We’ll see.

Our gate now scrapes the pavement lol. Apparently that will need to be adjusted. Didn’t even think of it.

It’s completed - loving it! I’m sure it will take all summer to complete the last leg of landscaping.

Beautiful place, wrong side of the mountains but still beautiful.

Our driveway is about as long as yours, I priced out getting it paved when we bought the place about 4 years ago and decided I could hire a dedicated car wash attendant for less.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:43:36 PM EDT
[#5]
After 17 years and 70k mi the dreaded GT1 Mezger coolant lines started leaking. My local Porsche shop is at least two months out for an appointment to weld these fuckers up.

The engine has to come to come out, so I suppose it's a good opportunity to pin the cams, and do a GT2 slave cylinder conversionI suspect another five figure bill for this

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:14:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By OneRanger:
After 17 years and 70k mi the dreaded GT1 Mezger coolant lines started leaking. My local Porsche shop is at least two months out for an appointment to weld these fuckers up.

The engine has to come to come out, so I suppose it's a good opportunity to pin the cams, and do a GT2 slave cylinder conversionI suspect another five figure bill for this

https://iili.io/Jw4KjsI.jpg
View Quote

Damn that sucks, please update the thread when you get them done, curious as to the cost, for some reason I thought I've heard $3-4k in common. Have they given you a quote yet?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 2:28:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I’m interested to hear the outcome too. I’ve added 997.2 GT3 to my shopping list (in addition to 991.2 GT3) to replace my car, and the 997 GT engine is also the Mezger design.
View Quote

Wait, you gonna sell the RS and replace it with a 991.2 GTS or 997.2 GT3RS?

I can understand the 997.2 GT3RS but why GT3 in the same chassis? You wanting a manual?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Hulley:

Wait, you gonna sell the RS and replace it with a 991.2 GTS or 997.2 GT3RS?

I can understand the 997.2 GT3RS but why GT3 in the same chassis? You wanting a manual?
View Quote

Manuals rule
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 8:12:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By NorthBridge:

Manuals rule
View Quote

100%
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:41:52 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

At first I thought you had a GT1 with 70k mi
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:48:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D_J] [#12]
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I’m interested to hear the outcome too. I’ve added 997.2 GT3 to my shopping list (in addition to 991.2 GT3) to replace my car, and the 997 GT engine is also the Mezger design.
View Quote

You just couldn’t live without that third pedal could you

When I was GT3 shopping it seemed like most of the cars already had the coolant lines done.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 3:01:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By MATTINFAIRBORN:
View Quote

Ha! I’m going to research some electric drift carts for my 12yr old boy he’s determined to kick dads ass at everything he does, so I’m excited to teach him to drive. We’re in AZ on vacay right now and hitting up Octane Karts on Thursday.

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 3:03:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackTaco] [#15]
Originally Posted By WWolfe:

Really nice piece of property!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WWolfe:

Really nice piece of property!

Originally Posted By NorthBridge:
Wow, very nice home!

Gorgeous. I’m jelly.

Thanks all! Yeah, it’s an ongoing piece of work lol.

Just like the 992
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 3:09:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

Our driveway is about as long as yours, I priced out getting it paved when we bought the place about 4 years ago and decided I could hire a dedicated car wash attendant for less.
View Quote

Check asphalt prices now, they’ve dropped considerably in our area!  And yeah, I know - definitely spend most of the our time in the wrong state (and rain). Right now, spring break at our vacation home, in the Right state

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 3:20:31 AM EDT
[#17]

I want a manual, and both GT3s can be gotten for <$200k. 997 GT3 RS way too much.
View Quote

Add me to that list!
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Lot of car for the money, no affiliation;

https://www.racingjunk.com/track-day/184550423/2006-porsche-cayman-s-track-car.html#7
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:03:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: D_J] [#19]
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:54:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mblades] [#20]

My car with a MT is one is never sell. Alas, Andy P. fucked me with the PDK.
View All Quotes

You just couldn’t live without that third pedal could you

When I was GT3 shopping it seemed like most of the cars already had the coolant lines done.

My car with a MT is one is never sell. Alas, Andy P. fucked me with the PDK.

Not as bad as the people that paid over $500k for a 911R thinking it would be the last GT car with a MT only to see the GT3 touring come out a year later for less than 1/2 the price.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:00:35 AM EDT
[#21]

Check asphalt prices now, they’ve dropped considerably in our area!  And yeah, I know - definitely spend most of the our time in the wrong state (and rain). Right now, spring break at our vacation home, in the Right state

View All Quotes

For now I’m holding out hope the greater Idaho movement takes off, should put me right on the border. Maybe I can man a checkpoint by day keeping the hippies out of Idaho and smuggle potatoes and Pmags into Oregon by night.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:45:53 PM EDT
[#22]

Not as bad as the people that paid over $500k for a 911R thinking it would be the last GT car with a MT only to see the GT3 touring come out a year later for less than 1/2 the price.
View Quote

Tru dat! I'd be pissed!!
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Tru dat! I'd be pissed!!
View All Quotes

Tru dat! I'd be pissed!!

Me too… but I’d also have a 911R so I don’t think I’d be that pissed.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 1:36:58 PM EDT
[#24]

Ha! I’m going to research some electric drift carts for my 12yr old boy he’s determined to kick dads ass at everything he does, so I’m excited to teach him to drive. We’re in AZ on vacay right now and hitting up Octane Karts on Thursday.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MATTINFAIRBORN:

That’s awesome. One of the first things I thought of when we were looking at paving the driveway was to change the layout a little so it could double as a sweet gocart hill climb circuit.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:31:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 3:37:13 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

I went to the local track and realized that there were 10 year old kids that could outdrive me.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:35:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Just bought a Techart modded 992 Turbo S for a daily. Pretty stoked , hard waiting for delivery.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:47:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Surf:

I went to the local track and realized that there were 10 year old kids that could outdrive me.
View All Quotes

That’s only because they weigh a lot less, BOP those little shits and see who crosses the lien first (that’s what I tell myself anyway).

Originally Posted By 13FoxVet:
Just bought a Techart modded 992 Turbo S for a daily. Pretty stoked , hard waiting for delivery.

God damn! Way to go big, that thing will be a rocket ship.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#29]

That’s only because they weigh a lot less, BOP those little shits and see who crosses the lien first (that’s what I tell myself anyway).

God damn! Way to go big, that thing will be a rocket ship.
View Quote

I’m going crazy waiting!
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 3:05:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 3:18:56 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

I’m in North Fulton, if you want to meet up. Lava Orange. :)
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 3:24:54 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Sweet!
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:46:55 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Good Lord, you will need to post pics asap! Lava Orange, badass!
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:47:36 PM EDT
[#34]

I’m in North Fulton, if you want to meet up. Lava Orange. :)
View Quote

Don't forget me, I live near Road Atlanta! LOL
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:53:16 PM EDT
[#35]

Don't forget me, I live near Road Atlanta! LOL
View Quote

Hey we a friends now, I live in Milton. I still choose Road Atlanta more than AMP.  Sending you a message
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:03:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:04:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:04:05 PM EDT
[#38]

I’m over in Alpharetta, but several of us live in the area. My GT3 was lava and we have a lava RS in the group.
View Quote

Wow! I never knew that. I’m close to downtown Milton, but out near the horse farms. Hopefully we can all connect soon. If you’ve seen a green McLaren that’s me.

I’d love to connect with you all.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:42:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 1:16:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Got this sweet indicator on my 981 Cayman S.

I couldn't find anything obviously wrong with the vacuum lines so I guess I'll be scheduling service at Porsche Asheville.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 1:03:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackTaco] [#41]

That’s awesome. One of the first things I thought of when we were looking at paving the driveway was to change the layout a little so it could double as a sweet gocart hill climb circuit.
View All Quotes

My wife authorized a Kart track on our property, we have an unused field that could be fun

100% understand!
LOL!!! We booked a “junior” race, for indoor electric Karts that run 50% power (25MPH top speed) I placed 8th!! My 15yr old daughter beat me, my wife, took 1st place!

Then just the wife and I did an adult race full power (50mph) and holy shit, what a blast!! Best rental Karts I’ve used. I placed 1st and I think 4th for the day, 2 seconds off best of the week - wife placed 3rd. She loved it, but refuses to track a full sized car.

I’m doing an outdoor pretty large track Kart racing season this year that starts next month, hopefully the wife joins.

LOL, wow, that is insane!!! Way to go big!! I looked at a few TechArt pieces for my 992S - $2,000 for a front lip - LMAO - nope!! Can’t imagine a TechArt fully built car.
Congrats, that is awesome!!

You should join up with our local exotic car group. We have a number of Turbo S guys. We have a rally going this weekend - here’s the car list.

Lamborghini Aventador SV
Lamborghini Aventador S
Lamborghini Aventador
Lamborghini Huracan STO
Lamborghini Huracan STO
Lamborghini Huracan evo
Lamborghini Huracan Tecnica
Lamborghini Huracan Tecnica
Lamborghini Huracan
Lamborghini Huracan
Lamborghini Urus performante
Lamborghini Urus widebody
Lamborghini Urus
Aston Martin DB11
Aston Martin vantage
McLaren 720s
McLaren 600LT
McLaren 570s
McLaren 570s
McLaren 570s
McLaren 570s
McLaren 650s
Ferrari 488
Ferrari 458
Audi R8
Audi R8
Audi R8
Audi R8
Audi R8
Audi R8
Audi R8
Audi R8
Porsche GT3RS
Porsche GT3RS
Porsche GT3
Porsche GT3
Porsche GT4
Porsche Turbo S
Porsche Turbo S
Porsche CS
AMG GTC
AMG GTS
Viper
i8
i8
i8
F-Type SVR
NSX
GTR
GT500
Lotus Evora
C8 Corvette Z06
C8 Corvette
C8 Corvette
C8 Corvette
C8 Corvette

That’s just insane!
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 10:26:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 13FoxVet] [#42]

My wife authorized a Kart track on our property, we have an unused field that could be fun

100% understand!
LOL!!! We booked a “junior” race, for indoor electric Karts that run 50% power (25MPH top speed) I placed 8th!! My 15yr old daughter beat me, my wife, took 1st place!

Then just the wife and I did an adult race full power (50mph) and holy shit, what a blast!! Best rental Karts I’ve used. I placed 1st and I think 4th for the day, 2 seconds off best of the week - wife placed 3rd. She loved it, but refuses to track a full sized car.

I’m doing an outdoor pretty large track Kart racing season this year that starts next month, hopefully the wife joins.

LOL, wow, that is insane!!! Way to go big!! I looked at a few TechArt pieces for my 992S - $2,000 for a front lip - LMAO - nope!! Can’t imagine a TechArt fully built car.
Congrats, that is awesome!!

That’s just insane!
View Quote

Yeah, it has all of their pieces and the powerkit., came out to around 35k. Just a few more days until it arrives.

@D_J  I know 2 or 3  people in your crew! They sent me videos from the rally and some pics from the hotel and gas station as well.

I’m signed up for the Long Tail rally in June, going to drive the McLaren on that.

Inbox me next time yall are getting together officially or not, I’m in.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 12:15:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Almost 1200 miles on the car so far.

First PCA Fun Run of the season yesterday.

This is about half of the cars in this shot. I was the trail car in the first group and there was 4 or 5 groups total.

Is that a Sheriff's Deputy?

Yes, yes it is. Dude flipped a u turn right there as soon as the light cycled. He gave up on our group, and then circled around to try the next group.

No tickets issues, AFAIK.

Lunch at the end! Can't see it from here, but there was a new type VW Bug about halfway into the parking lot.

Can't wait for the next one!
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 12:36:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OneRanger] [#44]

Damn that sucks, please update the thread when you get them done, curious as to the cost, for some reason I thought I've heard $3-4k in common. Have they given you a quote yet?
View All Quotes

Will do! I'm trying to find a local shop that isn't 2-3 months out for an appointment. Cost will be $3-3500 to weld up some BBi/Sharkwerks lines, and another $1-2k to put on a BBi GT2 slave cylinder. I recently moved to NE OH and my long time trusted shop in Columbus OH is out of range. Unless I trailer it down there, but that's a cost I'm trying to avoid-it's not a fuckin Mclaren
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 12:54:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:
They won't imbed for me, but I can open them in a new tab. Congrats on the new ride!
View Quote

Finally fixed the embedding for photos!
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 3:37:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#47]

Will do! I'm trying to find a local shop that isn't 2-3 months out for an appointment. Cost will be $3-3500 to weld up some BBi/Sharkwerks lines, and another $1-2k to put on a BBi GT2 slave cylinder. I recently moved to NE OH and my long time trusted shop in Columbus OH is out of range. Unless I trailer it down there, but that's a cost I'm trying to avoid-it's not a fuckin Mclaren
View All Quotes

FYI- no idea on the current wait but Steinels has a reputation of being one of the best shops in Ohio.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 6:28:14 PM EDT
[#48]

Sweet! If you want to IM me your contact info, I’ll send it the guy who coordinates the group.

Meanwhile …

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/174335/IMG_9864-3181282.jpg

#nogaragequeens
View Quote

Sent!
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 9:04:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D_J] [#49]
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:09:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2JokersWild] [#50]
Kind of idly kicking tires at the local Porsche dealer. They have a 2015 Turbo (low miles) and a few 2021 Carreras in different flavors.... S, 4S etc. If I do move forward it'd be a daily driver for me.

Obviously there's a fair few differences but is there any compelling reasons to avoid one or the other? The turbo has more hp and less tech given it's 6 years older. It's also the 991.1 whereas the Carrera options are the 992. The Carreras are newer with more tech but don't have the heat turned up nearly as much. Not sure if one would be a better daily driver over the other.

Just curious if there's any clear and compelling reasons for one over the other or whether they are both solid options and it's up to the purchaser?
Page / 120
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top