[#1]
A 991.1 turbo is
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:05:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NorthBridge:
A 991.1 turbo is
View Quote
Yeah, that's really what got me down there looking. I chuckled a bit, the salesman said they had one a bit newer inside I should look at. OK, I headed in to see a 2022

I was like man, I could get the 2015 AND get a 718 for less than the 2022 turbo....
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:38:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackTaco] [#3]
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
Yeah, that's really what got me down there looking. I chuckled a bit, the salesman said they had one a bit newer inside I should look at. OK, I headed in to see a 2022

I was like man, I could get the 2015 AND get a 718 for less than the 2022 turbo....
View Quote

The two 991.1 Turbo owners I know are incredibly impressed with my 992S….street drag we were door to door….one is trading his in for a 2023 992S for the newer design, and nearly the same performance.

I would highly recommend spending time in both.
I cross shopped them along with the 991.1 GT3….all in the same price range - can’t really go wrong!
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:50:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By BlackTaco:

The two 991.1 Turbo owners I know are incredibly impressed with my 992S .street drag we were door to door .one is trading his in for a 2023 992S for the newer design, and nearly the same performance.

I would highly recommend spending time in both.
I cross shopped them along with the 991.1 GT3 .all in the same price range.
View Quote
The Carrera S is that good? AWD or RWD? On one hand, you cant beat AWD for getting power to the ground. On the other...It sure is fun to kick that rear out.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:54:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackTaco] [#5]
The Carrera S is that good? AWD or RWD? On one hand, you cant beat AWD for getting power to the ground. On the other...It sure is fun to kick that rear out.
View Quote

Lol, RWD C2S. It’s literally almost unbelievable. I’ve hard launched in the rain many times, sticks like glue. Dry weather, 0-60 your 3.0 seconds every single pull. It’s insane. With the weight of the engine sitting over the rear axles, and the incredible R&D Porsche has done with the electronically controlled traction system, it’s amazing.

You have to figure out how to spend some time in one, to understand - and appreciate, you don’t need AWD. I think the only Rennlist member that actually uses his AWD lives in Alaska and daily drives in snow more than not.

And you won’t be kicking the rear end out lol. Unless you double click the traction control button

And if you absolutely have to have more power, the newer 992 C2S’s have the same exact Turbos as the GTS…just a different tune from factory. You can add a removable and supposedly undetectable $2500 M-Enginering tune in 15 minutes…they can send multiple files.
I’m doing the 45+HP “GTS” tune which I’ll use for track since it’s tried, true, and reliable.
Then a “street” 150+HP tune.

I see you’re in WA - PM me if you want to test drive mine.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:51:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Lol, RWD C2S. It's literally almost unbelievable. I've hard launched in the rain many times, sticks like glue. Dry weather, 0-60 your 3.0 seconds every single pull. It's insane. With the weight of the engine sitting over the rear axles, and the incredible R&D Porsche has done with the electronically controlled traction system, it's amazing.

You have to figure out how to spend some time in one, to understand - and appreciate, you don't need AWD. I think the only Rennlist member that actually uses his AWD lives in Alaska and daily drives in snow more than not.

And you won't be kicking the rear end out lol. Unless you double click the traction control button

And if you absolutely have to have more power, the newer 992 C2S's have the same exact Turbos as the GTS just a different tune from factory. You can add a removable and supposedly undetectable $2500 M-Enginering tune in 15 minutes they can send multiple files.
I'm doing the 45+HP "GTS" tune which I'll use for track since it's tried, true, and reliable.
Then a "street" 150+HP tune.

I see you're in WA - PM me if you want to test drive mine.
View Quote
Actually the experience that sold me was a day at the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta. As you well know....These cars are next level amazing. I admit I settled for a AMG but man. I have this lingering itch I just cant scratch and its going to take a 911 to get it.

I am curious on those tunes though. Which year of Carrera S gets the same mechanical as the GTS? That street tune is wild for just a tune, I thought you'd need to change hardware to get 150+ HP. I didnt know the hardware was already there just flash the ECU and go like hell. Thats impressive and as much as the Turbo body style just mesmerizes me getting a newer car in the same league as an older Turbo is a very attractive option! My understanding is the 2015 Turbo runs out of room pretty quicm and you need to start upgrading turbos to keep turning it up.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:11:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Actually the experience that sold me was a day at the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta. As you well know....These cars are next level amazing. I admit I settled for a AMG but man. I have this lingering itch I just cant scratch and its going to take a 911 to get it.

I am curious on those tunes though. Which year of Carrera S gets the same mechanical as the GTS? That street tune is wild for just a tune, I thought you'd need to change hardware to get 150+ HP. I didnt know the hardware was already there just flash the ECU and go like hell. Thats impressive and as much as the Turbo body style just mesmerizes me getting a newer car in the same league as an older Turbo is a very attractive option! My understanding is the 2015 Turbo runs out of room pretty quicm and you need to start upgrading turbos to keep turning it up.
View Quote

I’ve been on track with the AMG GT cars, they sound good and run pretty good. Have driven a lot of cars, hard to believe not one of those yet though. I did Porsche Experience in LA, and that was an expensive mistake - owned my 992 911S 3-4 months later once I found the color I wanted, across the country

GTS/C2S mechanical specs starts with the 992 C2S, which started in MY 2020, which is what I’m in, and why I chose it
I knew either way I’d be upgrading suspension and brakes for track, which mind you, the 992S does just fine on track with stock suspension and brakes (minus pads and fluid). But spending the additional $50K on GTS didn’t make sense to me. I want iron discs on track too (not ceramic) and have Gyro’s sitting on the bench waiting to burn through the stock rotors which I thought would be toast a few weekends ago, but they’re still kicking. 1 more track day and I’ll swap.

Yeah, the M-E tune supposedly claims 600hp for the 992S….I think it’s about 110 WHP on the dyno, stage 1.
I ended up doing Soul Sport Cats, and Soul exhaust, but with the M-Tune, you might not need it if sound is what you’re after - because the M-tune allows you to open up the exhaust valves, waaaay better. That’s most of the reason I’m going to go with it.

https://m-engineering.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/MENGINEERI/pages/1340145723/Porsche+992+Carrera+S+Calibration+Notes
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:23:19 AM EDT
[#8]

I've been on track with the AMG GT cars, they sound good and run pretty good. Have driven a lot of cars, hard to believe not one of those yet though. I did Porsche Experience in LA, and that was an expensive mistake - owned my 992 911S 3-4 months later once I found the color I wanted, across the country

GTS/C2S mechanical specs starts with the 992 C2S, which started in MY 2020, which is what I'm in, and why I chose it
I knew either way I'd be upgrading suspension and brakes for track, which mind you, the 992S does just fine on track with stock suspension and brakes (minus pads and fluid). But spending the additional $50K on GTS didn't make sense to me. I want iron discs on track too (not ceramic) and have Gyro's sitting on the bench waiting to burn through the stock rotors which I thought would be toast a few weekends ago, but they're still kicking. 1 more track day and I'll swap.

Yeah, the M-E tune supposedly claims 600hp for the 992S .I think it's about 110 WHP on the dyno, stage 1.
I ended up doing Soul Sport Cats, and Soul exhaust, but with the M-Tune, you might not need it if sound is what you're after - because the M-tune allows you to open up the exhaust valves, waaaay better. That's most of the reason I'm going to go with it.

https://m-engineering.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/MENGINEERI/pages/1340145723/Porsche+992+Carrera+S+Calibration+Notes
View Quote
Ha! Actually me PEC run in Atlanta did scratch my itch...But it came back Actually right after I picked up the AMG my girlfriend and I were out at Taylor Shellfish onmce summer day walking down the road. We saw a Macan and she asked me why I didnt get the Macan and went Mercedes instead. I told her "If I'm going to scratch the Porsche itch, I need a 911. A Macan wont do it". She looked at me and said "Thats the most privileged thing I've ever heard"
Maybe, but it be true!

I'd like to know more about the track days you go to? Is that in Seattle. I have no doubt drivers at my skill level can throw an AMG around the track as fast as a 911. I saw that first hand in Atlanta. I thought I was doing pretty well in the 911 after passing 2 other drivers....Only to end up getting passed by a fucking Macan.  Thats what skill and knowledge of the track gets you though. But I've really wanted to get my AMG out on a track at least.

One thing that stuck with me is I made a joke to the instructor with me that when we were done I'd buy the car for 100 grand even since it had been beat on. He was serious and said "Oh no, we list them at proper blue book values with full warranty"..... After getting the shit beat out of them for God knows how long on the track they drop them on the market with full warranty. That says something.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:47:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackTaco] [#9]
Ha! Actually me PEC run in Atlanta did scratch my itch...But it came back Actually right after I picked up the AMG my girlfriend and I were out at Taylor Shellfish onmce summer day walking down the road. We saw a Macan and she asked me why I didnt get the Macan and went Mercedes instead. I told her "If I'm going to scratch the Porsche itch, I need a 911. A Macan wont do it". She looked at me and said "Thats the most privileged thing I've ever heard"
Maybe, but it be true!

I'd like to know more about the track days you go to? Is that in Seattle. I have no doubt drivers at my skill level can throw an AMG around the track as fast as a 911. I saw that first hand in Atlanta. I thought I was doing pretty well in the 911 after passing 2 other drivers....Only to end up getting passed by a fucking Macan.  Thats what skill and knowledge of the track gets you though. But I've really wanted to get my AMG out on a track at least.

One thing that stuck with me is I made a joke to the instructor with me that when we were done I'd buy the car for 100 grand even since it had been beat on. He was serious and said "Oh no, we list them at proper blue book values with full warranty"..... After getting the shit beat out of them for God knows how long on the track they drop them on the market with full warranty. That says something.
View Quote

Lol, yeah, driver definitely has a lot to do with it. I don’t have nearly the experience others do. I did just complete instructor training out at Oregon Raceway Park and  MSF level 1.
This is one of my favorites sessions last year (fast forward to about the 4min mark) a guy in a full blown Ford GT4 racecar (he’s $380K into
It - GT350 Mustang, carbon fiber and aluminum, 600+HP, and weighs what my 911S does) was giving us Porsche guys a hard time because he was about a second faster than our 991 GT3RS buddy (who has years more experience than I do)….and so after a few laps I tried to chase him down, and got him He was at instructor training a few weeks ago and made sure to remind me he’s after my kid-hauling grocery getter
Porsche 911S VS GT4 Racecar Oregon Raceway Park 1:55 Fast Laps CW

A short on me chasing him from sidelines
Porsche 911S tracking down some amazing GT4 race car (full vid from 911S in-car - check vids)

This is our GT3RS buddy (incredibly nice guy, his son passed away in the Heli crash (while serving) in HI years back, car is dedicated to him) , at PIR (teal wrapped) there’s a lot of videos on my page of track time.
I’d honestly probably be in a 991.2 GT3 if I didn’t need a backseat at times to haul my son around (otherwise, the car would never get driven on the weekends).. Because the driving experience with the 991.2 GT3 flat 6 4.0 just sounds so damn good. I’d just be really pissed off when a 992S passed me

1:25.6 Adv. Group 992 911 Porsche Carrera 2S pointed by 991 GT3RS, Corvette C8, STI, GT500, GTI,

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:55:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackTaco] [#10]

View Quote

I’ve seen a lot of cars on track (HPDE and club track days), and 99% of the time, the ones that have issues, are not a Porsche. I’m worn out and coming off track every single time, before the 911 needs to.
My 2020 GT S550 a few years back, 3-4 hot laps and she was heat soaked and needed cool-downs. Even after stuffing the fucker with multiple aftermarket coolers.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 5:23:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Guess no one really cares about Boxsters (big surprise, there). Anyways, got the windows tinted this week. Now to change out the convertible top to a new blue one then have the whole car PPF'd.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:35:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Kind of idly kicking tires at the local Porsche dealer. They have a 2015 Turbo (low miles) and a few 2021 Carreras in different flavors.... S, 4S etc. If I do move forward it'd be a daily driver for me.

Obviously there's a fair few differences but is there any compelling reasons to avoid one or the other? The turbo has more hp and less tech given it's 6 years older. It's also the 991.1 whereas the Carrera options are the 992. The Carreras are newer with more tech but don't have the heat turned up nearly as much. Not sure if one would be a better daily driver over the other.

Just curious if there's any clear and compelling reasons for one over the other or whether they are both solid options and it's up to the purchaser?
View Quote

Let me give you my perspective, as a recent buyer of a 992 generation Carrera. I ended up with a T, as I wanted a manual. This car is my daily driver, so I spec'd it that way - 18 ways, sunroof, Bose, rear steer and a couple of other pieces and parts. If you page back through the thread you should be able to find the posts talking about it.

Even the base Carrera has enough power to get you thrown in jail. The T and the base has the same 3.0L twin turbo powerplant as the S and GTS, just with smaller turbos and different tuning. It says 379 HP on the marketing material. Porsche lies.

I was coming from a car with 470 HP, so I was expecting it to be a bit less quick. This car is plenty fast.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By The_Rock:

Let me give you my perspective, as a recent buyer of a 992 generation Carrera. I ended up with a T, as I wanted a manual. This car is my daily driver, so I spec'd it that way - 18 ways, sunroof, Bose, rear steer and a couple of other pieces and parts. If you page back through the thread you should be able to find the posts talking about it.

Even the base Carrera has enough power to get you thrown in jail. The T and the base has the same 3.0L twin turbo powerplant as the S and GTS, just with smaller turbos and different tuning. It says 379 HP on the marketing material. Porsche lies.

I was coming from a car with 470 HP, so I was expecting it to be a bit less quick. This car is plenty fast.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Kind of idly kicking tires at the local Porsche dealer. They have a 2015 Turbo (low miles) and a few 2021 Carreras in different flavors.... S, 4S etc. If I do move forward it'd be a daily driver for me.

Obviously there's a fair few differences but is there any compelling reasons to avoid one or the other? The turbo has more hp and less tech given it's 6 years older. It's also the 991.1 whereas the Carrera options are the 992. The Carreras are newer with more tech but don't have the heat turned up nearly as much. Not sure if one would be a better daily driver over the other.

Just curious if there's any clear and compelling reasons for one over the other or whether they are both solid options and it's up to the purchaser?

I own a 700RWHP car and the T is quick.  It feels like a 400 wheel HP car to me.  If need more, I can add the GTS turbos and have at it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:15:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Atlanta area guys, are yall rolling this morning?

I will meet up with those who are at the Buford location.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:32:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 6172crew:

I own a 700RWHP car and the T is quick.  It feels like a 400 wheel HP car to me.  If need more, I can add the GTS turbos and have at it.
View Quote

Check these guys out, Flat6 Motorsports.

Here's a Carrera T with stage 2, stock turbos and dyno results show +103.7hp over stock.
992 Carrera T - unTamed (Flat 6 Motorsports)
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:57:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I have some concerns about getting a Porsche up my driveway without the front air dam ending up laying on the ground on the way up. As they say, necessity is the mother of invention...Or maybe the mother of fuckups. Goes either way I suppose but this is me convincing myself its no problem.

Originally I just stopped at a few points along the approach and checked how much room I had. But my car sits a fair bit higher than a 911 so it really wasnt terribly confidence inspiring.

I taped some cardboard to the front of the AMG, measured 4 inches off the ground and cut it there. I then parked it at the bottom of the hill and had my neighbor slowly drive it up while I closely watched to see if it scraped anywhere. No problems at all. 4" of ground clearance is no problem getting up the hill to the house, but the 4 inches of clearance is about all I get for pulling into my driveway straight on. Of course this doesnt account for angle of approach but as a finger in the air test I feel a whole hell of a lot better about the prospects of getting a new ride into the garage (As soon as I get the old ride OUT of the garage!)

@BlackTaco
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:44:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D_J] [#17]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:56:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 12:05:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Timbo:
Guess no one really cares about Boxsters (big surprise, there). Anyways, got the windows tinted this week. Now to change out the convertible top to a new blue one then have the whole car PPF'd.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/123815/IMG_E3886_JPG-3183851.JPG
View Quote

Silver with blue top is one of my favorite specs
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 2:54:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackTaco] [#20]

That’s the rigid Porsche chassis- I hit 3 wheel motion frequently on every driveway I decided to try and overtake
I don’t DD my lowered 992 911, but I get away with not having FAL easily as a weekend/Track car. If it was a DD, I’d definitely consider it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 2:57:54 AM EDT
[#21]
I have some concerns about getting a Porsche up my driveway without the front air dam ending up laying on the ground on the way up. As they say, necessity is the mother of invention...Or maybe the mother of fuckups. Goes either way I suppose but this is me convincing myself its no problem.

Originally I just stopped at a few points along the approach and checked how much room I had. But my car sits a fair bit higher than a 911 so it really wasnt terribly confidence inspiring.

I taped some cardboard to the front of the AMG, measured 4 inches off the ground and cut it there. I then parked it at the bottom of the hill and had my neighbor slowly drive it up while I closely watched to see if it scraped anywhere. No problems at all. 4" of ground clearance is no problem getting up the hill to the house, but the 4 inches of clearance is about all I get for pulling into my driveway straight on. Of course this doesnt account for angle of approach but as a finger in the air test I feel a whole hell of a lot better about the prospects of getting a new ride into the garage (As soon as I get the old ride OUT of the garage!)

https://i.imgur.com/vhRQ3Sp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QjHpghF.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/TDpNfTM.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hRUQELx.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/8dNDqOZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9itBF9o.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/r1bD1m8.jpg

@BlackTaco
View Quote

@2jokerswild
I’m almost 100% certain you’ll have no issues with that driveway approach. It has a very gradual increase in slope…..the slopes that are hard to overcome in a lowered 911 are the 3-6” increase in slope in a very short distance.

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 12:22:28 PM EDT
[#22]
That cardboard aero on the AMG is hot.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:53:06 AM EDT
[#23]
While we were in Austin for the motogp I found myself a 992 car cover that was abused but $90 and a good wash came out like newish.  Not sure why someone would throw a cover on a filthy car but some people do.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:10:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Hulley:

Here's a Carrera T with stage 2, stock turbos and dyno results show +103.7hp over stock.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVAmP-HzPKw
View Quote

Heh - in that video he said that their wheel dyno was showing the base/T at ~370 horse, which is just under Porsche's published number for at the crank. The S/GTS were not understated that dramatically.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 3:31:49 PM EDT
[#25]

Heh - in that video he said that their wheel dyno was showing the base/T at ~370 horse, which is just under Porsche's published number for at the crank. The S/GTS were not understated that dramatically.
View Quote

I think he even said the base model is more understated than the S/GTS, I also wonder how accurate a wheel dyno is. Either way, they do some cool builds.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:36:46 PM EDT
[#26]
I got a '24 Macan base with 1000 miles on the odo as a loaner today while my 981 Cayman S gets serviced.  It's a better ride than my Xterra that's for sure!

Initial diagnostics for my coolant system fault is a vacuum leak on one of the valves on my Soul exhaust.  I asked if they could bypass (plug the vacuum lines) to the valves and get me on my way.  Valves are default open without vacuum so it'd be in somewhat loud mode all the time. Last update was that the tech was going to do that. I'll find out more tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:58:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -CUJO-] [#27]
This car is incredible.  It’s the cleanest long hood that I’ve ever seen. . . ‘73 911S w/ dual plug cylinders in Rose Raspberry:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:14:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By -CUJO-:
This car is incredible.  It’s the cleanest long hood that I’ve ever seen. . . ‘73 911S w/ dual plug cylinders in Rose Raspberry:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309803/IMG_5839_jpeg-3191529.JPG
View Quote

MFI is a thing of beauty.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:45:12 PM EDT
[#29]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVAmP-HzPKw
View Quote

I have this exact setup on my GTS and it's too much power for 1st and 2nd.  They're useless beyond 3/4 throttle...I rip the tires loose every time.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:57:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Cayman is all good.  $1200 with PCA discount.  $900 for the PDK service and $300 for diagnostic time to find a faulty actuator on my valved Soul exhaust.  They plugged the vacuum lines and cleared the fault.  I contacted Soul and a replacement actuator is being shipped out to me today.  I'll swap it out when it gets here and set everything back to normal.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:21:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Cixelsyd:
Cayman is all good.  $1200 with PCA discount.  $900 for the PDK service and $300 for diagnostic time to find a faulty actuator on my valved Soul exhaust.  They plugged the vacuum lines and cleared the fault.  I contacted Soul and a replacement actuator is being shipped out to me today.  I'll swap it out when it gets here and set everything back to normal.

View Quote

Nice, always a good day when a potential disaster turns out ok.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:43:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Cixelsyd:

View Quote

Don’t they use the factory actuators?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:06:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Jacon:

Don't they use the factory actuators?
View Quote
They don't.  The factory ones came out with the OEM exhaust.  It's controlled by the OEM PSE electronic and vacuum circuitry though.
My replacement actuator showed up today. I'll probably install it this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:30:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: neshomamench] [#34]
Question (and it bumps this cool thread)

For those with the PCCB brakes and DONT track your car, how long are you getting out of your pads?   (how long till get to 50% anyways)

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:26:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:25:37 AM EDT
[#36]
I’ve already been through a set of pads at around 20K and I don’t track mine.

But I do haul it down from extremely high speeds on a regular basis
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:57:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:19:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By D_J:

PCCB with normal use should last >75-80k miles.
View Quote

Not the pads.

The rotors should last (on average) longer than that on a non tracked car.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:18:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D_J] [#39]
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:22:38 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By -CUJO-:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309803/IMG_5839_jpeg-3191529.JPG

I went down that rabbit hole. If I ever have an extra $15k burning a hole in my pocket I’d love to make the conversion.

First things first I’ve got a set of Weber 40s sitting on the bench looking to replace the CIS when it starts giving me issues.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:12:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

I went down that rabbit hole. If I ever have an extra $15k burning a hole in my pocket I’d love to make the conversion.

First things first I’ve got a set of Weber 40s sitting on the bench looking to replace the CIS when it starts giving me issues.
View Quote

Personally I'd like to go with PMO or Webers, I love the sound of ITB Carbs.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 4:32:01 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mblades:

Initially I was going to go with PMOs but the price about tripled in the time it took me to make up my mind. I found a slightly slummy set of Weber IDAs that came with a tackle box full of extra parts. I still need to get a set of intake manifolds, linkage and rain hats before I can slap them on. Free time has been hard to come by and all my disposable income is going to suppressors right now but I may try and take it on as a summer project.

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:27:09 PM EDT
[#43]

PCCB pads?
View Quote

Yeah
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:19:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: neshomamench] [#44]
A 991 Turbo S joined the stable today.

I have tuner cars with strong 4 figure HP numbers so even a Turbo S is “‘meh” in the “stomp it” category….but as a “often” daily, it is such a magnificent car.  

Porsche really is the answer to “I want a car that does it all!!!”

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:59:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MATTINFAIRBORN] [#45]
Since it is after midnight- yesterday I saw two groups of 911s hauling ass east bound on the Cherohala Skyway.  I was hauling ass westbound on my bike in a restrained large bike fashion.

Both groups were in close formation. Sounded glorious and surely some had aftermarket exhaust.  Beautiful cars.  Bright colors and a fair number had aero packages.  One of the most impressive things I've seen on the road.  

I hope they ran Deals Gap also so there will be pictures on Killboy and other Gap photog sites.

I'm having a great trip enhanced by my uncanny ability to bundle fine lodging and fine dining.  Dinner was amazing in a way only Cracker Barrel can prepare. Breakfast will be superb as always at Waffle House. Hopefully the after midnight rioters will be gone by 6 am.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:55:33 AM EDT
[#46]
I was up in the mountains yesterday and saw a ton of Porsche GT models, even saw a 991.2 GT2 RS and a couple GT4 RS, they all sounded glorious.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:38:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:20:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MATTINFAIRBORN] [#48]

Those were the Smokies GT weekend rally.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MATTINFAIRBORN:
Since it is after midnight- yesterday I saw two groups of 911s hauling ass east bound on the Cherohala Skyway.  I was hauling ass westbound on my bike in a restrained large bike fashion.

Both groups were in close formation. Sounded glorious and surely some had aftermarket exhaust.  Beautiful cars.  Bright colors and a fair number had aero packages.  One of the most impressive things I've seen on the road.  

I hope they ran Deals Gap also so there will be pictures on Killboy and other Gap photog sites.

I'm having a great trip enhanced by my uncanny ability to bundle fine lodging and fine dining.  Dinner was amazing in a way only Cracker Barrel can prepare. Breakfast will be superb as always at Waffle House. Hopefully the after midnight rioters will be gone by 6 am.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/312702/IMG_2505_jpeg-3201006.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/312702/IMG_2492_jpeg-3201007.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/312702/IMG_2488_jpeg-3201008.JPG

I was up in the mountains yesterday and saw a ton of Porsche GT models, even saw a 991.2 GT2 RS and a couple GT4 RS, they all sounded glorious.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187410/IMG_6702_jpeg-3201035.JPG

Thanks!  Couldn't have asked for a more perfect day for that. And for my ride.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:45:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Timbo:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/123815/IMG_E3886_JPG-3183851.JPG
View Quote

I have a 2006 Cayman 6 sp. with some basic mods; Tarret suspension, performance exhaust, OZ wheels with race tires, aftermarket front valance which is more aero ad allows for a 3rd radiator, intake, tuned. It's 300hp at the wheels but a blast on the track. Parts are cheap as well.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:09:29 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

That would certainly explain it, lots of awesome cars, I fully expected to see you up there.
Page / 120
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top