Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2021 3:35:53 AM EDT
Which would you pic and why?

The Navi L definitely has it in the looks and interior department but that freaking POS EcoBOOM has me worried. Where as the venerable 6.2 in the Escalade is proven.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 3:41:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Two of my company's Escalades have been through multiple engines, they've all had dried out and cracked Que screens, and the brake boosters like to go out at random.

On the other hand, the lowest mileage one has over 275k on it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 3:43:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Two of my company's Escalades have been through multiple engines, they've all had dried out and cracked Que screens, and the brake boosters like to go out at random.

View Quote

well...that;s a lot of mileage.

I wish the Navi, didn't have the 3.5EB, I wish it had the 2.7EB or the Oil Burning 5.0
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 7:26:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I wish the Navi, didn't have the 3.5EB, I wish it had the 2.7EB or the Oil Burning 5.0
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True but both have product  improved engines that remedied some of the previous issue.

Not sure that's entirely true with the L87 - lifters (personal, anecdotal and widely reported). Least GM will rectify in some cases, may require hounding the DMA. Pretty much put the stake in GM for me.

4th Gen Navi is much improved vehicle, Lincoln revival is real - if somewhat unnoticed and under- appreciated. Share your engine views here.  Between the two, the Navi,  tho wouldnt be my first choice.

Seeing you more than anyone know exactly what your getting into, go for the Navi.

Moving on from your JA?

Link Posted: 11/20/2021 10:56:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Uncle has the Navi, its been very solid and he pushes it like a dump truck.  I dont like the TT engine but its been fine for him, even though he said he too would like a V8.

The 6.2 in the Cad is certainly nice,  put full synethic oil in like clock work and they last. Just an FYI, if you have those electromagnetic shocks, they last a long time but when they go $$$$

Both are really nice and unique, I would not hesitate on either, especially if they are coming off a business lease with full records.

Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:29:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

True but both have product  improved engines that remedied some of the previous issue.

Not sure that's entirely true with the L87 - lifters (personal, anecdotal and widely reported). Least GM will rectify in some cases, may require hounding the DMA. Pretty much put the stake in GM for me.

4th Gen Navi is much improved vehicle, Lincoln revival is real - if somewhat unnoticed and under- appreciated. Share your engine views here.  Between the two, the Navi,  tho wouldnt be my first choice.

Seeing you more than anyone know exactly what your getting into, go for the Navi.

Moving on from your JA?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Moving on from your JA?

Yep the Patrol served me very well and really only issue was an HID bulb went out. Like $25 to fix and a rear $2 bulb for the tail light

The wife likes the Navi better so that’s the way I’m leaning

Without a doubt I’ll pull oil analysis to get an early start if coolant is leaking in every oil
Change

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top