Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2022 2:38:16 PM EDT
I already asked this but my thread disappeared

I do not want to use my phone or my laptop to listen to music. Something I can using while laying on my cot on a former soviet state.

Suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 2:41:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been using sandisk clip jam for many years and been very satisfied with it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 2:43:42 PM EDT
[#2]
ipod shuffle
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 5:31:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ipod shuffle
View Quote

I used to love the little shuffle. Probably listened to hundreds or thousands of hours of books and lectures on it. But it is was inconvenient not to have a screen and to have to use apple's software to upload stuff. The sandisk was half the price too.
There may be other newer and better options now, as well. I've been locked in my choice for a while.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 5:33:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Microsoft came out with a cutting edge, state of the art, modern marvel mp3 player, called the Zune.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 5:41:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Microsoft came out with a cutting edge, state of the art, modern marvel mp3 player, called the Zune.
View Quote

Pretty sure I've got one NIB maybe even still sealed in plastic...
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 5:43:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
They apparently still make them
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 5:43:59 PM EDT
[#7]
iPhone

Edit read thread, iPod?
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 5:49:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I love my Zune. It is my garage/shop DJ.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 5:49:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like there are a few generic brands on Amazon. If you don't want to go that route, either the latest version of the iPod touch or preowned cellphone with charging connector of your preference.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wiki says no, but I was always partial to the Creative MuVo TX FM and MuVo V100 because they ran on a single AAA battery and unsnapped from the little battery holder to expose a standard USB-A male connector you could just plug into your computer, at which time they presented themselves as a USB flash drive and one just copied the music files one wanted over to them.

Link Posted: 7/24/2022 12:26:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Looks like there are a few generic brands on Amazon. If you don't want to go that route, either the latest version of the iPod touch or preowned cellphone with charging connector of your preference.
View Quote

I noticed the department store doesn't carry them. Why did they fall out of favor?
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 12:31:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I noticed the department store doesn't carry them. Why did they fall out of favor?
View Quote

When smart phones came on the market.

Any more suggestions? Are there only a few offers left?
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 12:36:54 AM EDT
[#13]

I'm looking too.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 12:48:17 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm really curious why you don't just use your phone??
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 1:02:23 AM EDT
[#15]
some radios will take a thumbdrive, i got one for work because they wont let us use a phone in our area.

but it wont read more than 99 songs,,,,,,,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top