Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2023 7:45:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Only do in store ones they never send you the gift cards.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:48:41 PM EDT
[#2]
No...
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:51:30 PM EDT
[#3]
If you have a Costco nearby I'd stick with Costco. We go to Sams a lot because they are a 10 minute drive vs. 50 minutes to Costco.

For $10 though I'd keep a membership with both.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:51:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Only $10 why not?
Love buying their bbq pellets
Meats selection ain’t bad.
Name brand clothes are decent and affordable.
Pretty good selection on seasoning.
I prefer Costco, but they’re pretty equal.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I got one for the same price. I've used it twice. But the wife has saved some money on gas.

Unfortunately, it's not close. We moved after I got the membership. But I figure for $10 I've gotten my money's worth.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I heard they have killer cinnamon rolls. Is it basically a walmart?
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:59:51 PM EDT
[#7]
For $10 sure. There are occasionally items that I can’t find at Costco that sams has.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:05:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Go for it. Sam’s isn’t the shit hole GD makes it out to be.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:06:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I heard they have killer cinnamon rolls. Is it basically a Walmart?
View Quote

No. Much closer to Costco than a Walmart. I try not to step foot in any Walmart but Sam's is a totally different experience.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:06:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Sams TP is better than Costco TP, to me.

Sams tends to be cheaper overall.

Some Sams Clubs sell USDA Prime beef.

Sams Pizza used to be better than Costco.

Costco hot dog is better.

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:08:19 PM EDT
[#11]
No.

Wait a little longer and get the $8 membership special instead.

Also, just get it in your name. Then when it expires have your wife sign up and get the promo offer. Rinse and repeat for cheap membership.

Oh, and totally not worth it, even at $10 or less. It’s everything you hate about Walmart, but bigger.

Avoid the Jordan Landing Sam’s Club at all costs.

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:09:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:09:33 PM EDT
[#13]
If it's $10 I'll gwine (Civil War parlance for join)
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Done with all these clubs. Prices are generally no better than Amazon or Walmart.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:11:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:16:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Only $10 why not?
Love buying their bbq pellets
Meats selection ain't bad. Clothes are decent and affordable.
View Quote
This is no joke.
Sam's pellets are some of the best I've had, I stick up in October because they don't stock them through the winter.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:17:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Go for it. Sam's isn't the shit hole GD makes it out to be.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:19:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Do they have really good rotisserie chickens?
View Quote

Decent enough for a quick dinner, but then again so is costcos.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:50:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:56:22 PM EDT
[#20]
I've gotten value out of my Sams's membership...prime beef, great cuts of pork.....cheap chuck roasts... the bakery section is great, i buy seasonings there a lot too. Haven't tried the above mentioned bbq pellets but if the price is right, i'm down. We have 4 kids so buying the snacks for the kids is a good buy there too..
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#21]
I like it.  Sam's Club gas lines are nonexistent while Costco's goes out the pumps into the roads.

Their proprietary brand, Member's Mark, is very good, on the same level or better than Kirkland.  I just had their lobster tails on a stick and they were delicious.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:58:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Do they have really good rotisserie chickens?
View Quote

Yes, very good.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 9:03:14 PM EDT
[#23]
meats and produce are very good quality and reasonably priced at sams.

Our families Sams list:
$6 fresh hot cooked whole chickens
fresh meats/produce/frozen meats/vegetables
garbage bags/ziploc bags
paper towels/toilet paper
spices/seasonings/sugar/flour/rice
roasted coffee beans
cleaning supplies
laundry supplies
toiletries/shaving supplies
vitamins
We are trying to cut back on processed food, but there is plenty of it there as well.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 9:06:22 PM EDT
[#24]
The trick is to download the sams club app, add your credit card to your account and you can scan everything you put in your cart, as you put it into your cart. When you are done shopping, you can pay for it all with one click/swipe on your phone and just head to the doors, while everyone else is staring at you dumbfounded, wondering why you are skipping the long check out line. Its the best thing about sams club. Its called scan and go.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I could live on just sams and Amazon
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 9:08:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The trick is to download the sams club app, add your credit card to your account and you can scan everything you put in your cart, as you put it into your cart. When you are done shopping, you can pay for it all with one click/swipe on your phone and just head to the doors, while everyone else is staring at you dumbfounded, wondering why you are skipping the long check out line. Its the best thing about sams club. Its called scan and go.
View Quote

They do have a pretty sweet implementation of it. The other stores here with similar absolutely apps absolutely failed at concept of making it easy to use. One store has you scan everything, take it to a register with a person, have them scan your phone, and then scan upwards up to 10 items you've already scanned.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 9:47:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Yes Sam's  club is better.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 10:03:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

One of the Main reasons I go there
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 10:05:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 10:45:21 PM EDT
[#30]
I pay a little extra for the business membership so I can get in early and network with the other business folks.  I have put together some great deals and expanded my business beyond my wildest dreams.  Plus there is usually free coffee and danishes for business members.  And, they always put out carts of markdown merchandise for business members and it always sells out before they open the doors to the poors.

Also, the women at sam's are thick and juicy.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 10:59:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Even though the $10 thing is on their website, when I tried to sign up through the app it wanted to charge me $50, so I cancelled the whole thing.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:03:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Even though the $10 thing is on their website, when I tried to sign up through the app it wanted to charge me $50, so I cancelled the whole thing.
View Quote

Looking at the fine print it's a $40 credit if you spend $40 in the store.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:15:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:20:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm not seeing that anywhere.  You do have to sign up for auto renewal but you can cancel before it renews.

ETA:  That's for their credit card.  Spend $40 and get a $40 statement credit.
View Quote

Ah. Got you. I was looking at their "anniversary page" and that was the only mention of the $40 off, but I did try and register as a new user and the $40 came off automatically:

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:25:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Yes, get both.  Sams has stuff Costco doesn't have and vice versa.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:36:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Thanks! I prefer Costco but it's just over an hour away.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:48:06 PM EDT
[#37]
For $10 I figured, why not. Just set it up as I was reading this thread.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:51:58 PM EDT
[#38]
I. Still on the $8 membership from last July. I also have Costco.  I like both places and alternate. Both places have things I really like.  Costco is a better shopping experience though. But marginally.

It's going to be real hard to choose which one to keep.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:58:54 PM EDT
[#39]
You’d save that 10 bucks pretty quick buying gas at their pumps. Around me, they are usually 10-20 cents cheaper than anything else around
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 12:11:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I. Still on the $8 membership from last July. I also have Costco.  I like both places and alternate. Both places have things I really like.  Costco is a better shopping experience though. But marginally.

It's going to be real hard to choose which one to keep.
View Quote

We've had a Sam's Club Plus membership for several years.  We had been Costco members years ago and joined again last year but we are going to let that membership lapse.  The place is always crowded, like it's Black Friday everyday.  We hate crowds, especially shopping in crowds.  We like to take our time and browse but the crowds make it impossible to enjoy.  Overall there's more things we get from Sam's Club anyway.

One thing I really like about the Sam's Club Plus membership is that the cash back rewards can be applied at checkout as you earn it.  No mailed checks to keep up with like Costco does.  At checkout it will prompt me that I have X amount of cash rewards and if I want to apply it to that purchase.  Easy peasy.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 1:14:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Sam's is closer for us. a 30 minute drive vs a 45 minute drive. We are a member at both however.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 1:29:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Well shit, that's the one I would go to.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.

Wait a little longer and get the $8 membership special instead.

Also, just get it in your name. Then when it expires have your wife sign up and get the promo offer. Rinse and repeat for cheap membership.

Oh, and totally not worth it, even at $10 or less. It’s everything you hate about Walmart, but bigger.

Avoid the Jordan Landing Sam’s Club at all costs.

Well shit, that's the one I would go to.

That was probably a little harsher sounding than I meant.

We have both, and will probably keep both, as others mentioned there’s products each retailer carries that the others don’t. Decent deals can be found too, I actually picked up a few pairs of Walker’s Razor electronic earmuffs for $30 each last year, and they’re the version that already comes with gel cups installed.

However the Sam’s at Jordan Landing can be a straight up zoo when it comes to crowding at times. Costco does too, but they are way better at clearing people out when that happens vs. Sam’s.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 1:35:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Just get a Costco membership, Samsung is just a glorified Wal Mart.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 1:42:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
$40 off a year membership runs through the 19th.  I already have a Costco membership.  Sam's Club is 10 minutes from the house, Costco is 20.
View Quote

Need? No.

Want?  Do what pleases you.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 2:13:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

So how does that work?  I've got a cart of 50 things and I pay and walk out the door with no one checking my cart?  Or is someone digging through it all comparing it to some receipt i don't have?  Either that is a recipe for insanely easy theft or ridiculous annoyance.  I imagine since they are basically walmart employees anyway, that theft is absolutely rampant and they can't be bothered to care.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 2:23:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I've gotten value out of my Sams's membership...prime beef, great cuts of pork.....cheap chuck roasts... the bakery section is great, i buy seasonings there a lot too. Haven't tried the above mentioned bbq pellets but if the price is right, i'm down. We have 4 kids so buying the snacks for the kids is a good buy there too..
View Quote

Hard to beat $15 for 40lbs
Pellets smell like lumber out the bag. Made by the same parent company from lumberjack and bear mountain.

Kinders are bomb. I always take look to see if anything new is in.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 2:28:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Save that much in 1 or 2 gas purchases
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 2:30:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
This is no joke.
Sam's pellets are some of the best I've had, I stick up in October because they don't stock them through the winter.
View Quote

I’ll buy like 10 of these hickory/oak blue bags every time I see them. They’re legit best pellets I’ve ever use. Great smoke flavor and steady temps. My RT 700 and bullseye runs perfectly with them. Starting to run low on them and can’t find anymore. The whisky barrel are pretty good as well. Looked them up and smokehouse has the same parent company as lumberjack and bear mountain. Think they’re top tier.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 3:23:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Find out if there’s anything at Sam’s you use a lot of that you can save the membership cost on, first. If so, get it, but get the plus membership. Plus gets you free shipping on any purchase and cash back. The cash back can pay for the next years membership.

Their gas alone can cover the cost of the membership if it nearby.

We use it for stuff our son needs.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top