Quoted:

I am guessing a white Miata.

You can say that again

Link Posted: 4/19/2023 4:13:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
A bag of groceries impeded your view of the GROUND? Shirley you're not serious.

If you're carrying something and not watching several feet MINIMUM in front of yourself, you're doing it wrong.
Watch where the fuck you're going.
Selfish entitlement indeed

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/b8/b83eef2b053d5379d8dc1681fc9584d9d202b970883d2dfd259deac15f56d225.jpg

I see you saw what I did there......
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 4:17:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The hitch adds exactly how much length? It’s minimal. A full size crew cab sticks out like crazy in many parking lots unless you BACK IN. I do this routinely whether or not I have the hitch installed. It’s not only common courtesy but makes for an easier departure
View Quote

N/M

Link Posted: 4/19/2023 4:31:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Around here everybody assumes the truck has a hitch in it.

I guess we've been doing it wrong.

If you bang your shin on one everybody laughs at you for being a dumb ass.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 4:32:14 PM EDT
[#5]
The last parking garage I was in was completely full except 3 spots marked "18,000# or more only".  Lucky for me I was in the crewcab Chevy plated for 18,000#.  

I was taking my oldest kid to a college orientation and tour.  I'm sure it was meant for delivery trucks but I had plates that met the requirements.

I have a forged 15,000# ball hitch sticking out of the truck right now.  I have used it twice this week so far and Wednesday isn't over yet.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 4:42:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Tell me where the Trailer Hitch touched you?
View Quote

It was on the shin or knee.

Hurts like a bitch!

That said, the hitch stays on the vehicle.  It's like an added bumper!
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 4:49:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Has any of the arcommers proposed a hitch ban yet? I have lost track lol
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 4:55:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm sure some would enthusiastically report it to their local police or HOA.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 5:06:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Must be a Michigan thing.

Michigan Bill 5610 bans hitches if you aren't towing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 5:16:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A 6" ball cover shaped like a tiny trailer is still "towing" right?

Steel, of course.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 5:18:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just inconsiderate people being inconsiderate people.  Or they may simply be overcompensating for shortfalls in other areas.  

I am a boomer who always remove the hitch.  But then again we were raised to be considerate of other people.  My Blue Ox hitch is a heavy beast too.
View Quote

If someone is close enough that it is a problem then they should look where they are driving or walking.

My hitch stays on.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I leave a nice big solid cast iron "step" in my truck's receiver in case some a-hole decides our bumpers should meet
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 5:21:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What states would that be? I have never removed mine and I don't feel like a criminal. But now maybe I should.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In some States it's actually illegal to leave a tow device installed without a trailer attached. Of course nobody enforces it.
What states would that be? I have never removed mine and I don't feel like a criminal. But now maybe I should.

IL, of course
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 5:32:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't beleive I have removed the hitch in nearly 12 years.   Pretty sure I have never parked in a parking garage in that time either.

However OP's rant sounds a lot like the same type of sniveling as feeling bad for illegal aliens falling off the southern border wall and being injured.  Maybe watch where the fuck you walk and take some personal responsibility for a change
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 5:33:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Detroit sucks
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 5:35:09 PM EDT
[#16]
I need a 2’ 2x2 extension.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 5:36:28 PM EDT
[#17]
have your husband teach you how to park in a Garage.

bitch and moan

moan and bitch
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 5:37:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I thought it was man code, you have to back your truck in.
View Quote
I always back in until the hitch hits the wall.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 6:24:26 PM EDT
[#19]
6 pages devoted to someone that is too stupid not to walk too close to a parked truck. The OP should chalk this up as a learning moment and park his Prius away from other threatening vehicles.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 6:47:55 PM EDT
[#20]
I promise after I park 24’ of dually the trailer hitch doesn’t stick out very far. I lubed it up with grease just in case tho  

Also, joke’s on OP as when my trailer hitch is out I have a “step” made of 3/8 5x5 angle iron, complete with hi-vis reflective tape. Bolted in

My truck has been hooked to a trailer 3 days this week (counting Sunday) and I’ve loaded the bed full of wood twice and full of fence posts twice in the past 2 weeks
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 6:52:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Let's talk about bike racks.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The hitch accents the truck nuts.
View Quote

mine wood.  It's a stinger .

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/19/2023 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
can fuck right off, if you are driving a pickup with a trailer hitch, parking 2ft off the wall and don't remove the trailer hitch maybe you should trade it in for a smart car. Maybe just maybe you will be able to maneuver it into the parking spot... i take that back you are probably to big of a nitwit to park anything properly. Rub your two remaining brain cells together to show a single ounce of common courtesy and remove the trailer hitch.
View Quote

Even better when the office drones have farm plates on their clean trucks.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 10:46:15 PM EDT
[#24]
B&W ftw
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:13:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's a big funny game to some of y'all, can't even have the common courtesy  to park away from everyone else or just remove your hitch. Selfish entitlement is what it is.
I was carrying my two year old daughter in on arm and a diaper bag in the other through the parking lot and didn't see that hitch sticking out into the walk way and smashed my shin nearly causing me to drop my daughter as I'm doing the one leg hop in excruciating pain. Another time I was carrying groceries  causing my view of the ground to be impeded as I slam my knee in to a Brodozer hitch jutting out like a cruel joke. But, keep laughing that YOU cause people pain when 95% pickup drivers don't need the hitch installed but just want to flex-nuts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If trailer hitches upset you what is your reaction to a snow plow on the front?

It's a big funny game to some of y'all, can't even have the common courtesy  to park away from everyone else or just remove your hitch. Selfish entitlement is what it is.
I was carrying my two year old daughter in on arm and a diaper bag in the other through the parking lot and didn't see that hitch sticking out into the walk way and smashed my shin nearly causing me to drop my daughter as I'm doing the one leg hop in excruciating pain. Another time I was carrying groceries  causing my view of the ground to be impeded as I slam my knee in to a Brodozer hitch jutting out like a cruel joke. But, keep laughing that YOU cause people pain when 95% pickup drivers don't need the hitch installed but just want to flex-nuts.

You know how I know you've never worked out...
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:26:52 AM EDT
[#26]
I seriously cannot believe this post is still active. WTF?? Watch where you are walking for God's sake. It's not that difficult. Trucks are used as trucks. I use mine as a truck. This is seriously the largest Karen thread I have ever seen!

Has the OP even been back it this thread? I think not. It was a hit-and-run. Just a typical poser who has probably never even fired a gun. FFS!
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:30:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You can say that again
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am guessing a white Miata.

You can say that again

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:34:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 3:28:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Get your to teach you how to drive.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 6:31:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Someone posted that some states have a hitch ban. I asked what states and got nothing. Although, maybe my sarcasm meter just needs a tune up.

ETA - apparently it is real in MI and IL. There must have been a lot of busted shins or whiny parking garage people to get that type of legislation. I guess I don't picture those types encountering enough hitches to even notice, but maybe it's just me who avoids them.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 7:53:23 AM EDT
[#31]
We had this great dog, a Border Collie, who was a ball chasing machine!  I'm talking Lazer Beam Focus and anyone who has owned a Border Collie knows!

Playing ball one day, dog is so focused on fetching the ball, she runs into my trailer hitch and cuts the hell out of her nose.  She's bleeding like a stuck pig but won't stop playing ball long enough for me to patch her up.  Finally get her calmed down, cleaned and patched up but had a nasty scar on her snout.  She STILL wanted to play ball immediately after!

The rest of her life, she'd walk past my truck's trailer hitch and low growl.  Funny as shit.  Miss that good girl!
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 8:30:42 AM EDT
[#32]
fpni and spni
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 8:33:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Someone posted that some states have a hitch ban. I asked what states and got nothing. Although, maybe my sarcasm meter just needs a tune up.

ETA - apparently it is real in MI and IL. There must have been a lot of busted shins or whiny parking garage people to get that type of legislation. I guess I don't picture those types encountering enough hitches to even notice, but maybe it's just me who avoids them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ironically those are both states where if you leave that hitch in longer than a day, it'll be rusted in forever.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 9:33:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
We had this great dog, a Border Collie, who was a ball chasing machine!  I'm talking Lazer Beam Focus and anyone who has owned a Border Collie knows!

Playing ball one day, dog is so focused on fetching the ball, she runs into my trailer hitch and cuts the hell out of her nose.  She's bleeding like a stuck pig but won't stop playing ball long enough for me to patch her up.  Finally get her calmed down, cleaned and patched up but had a nasty scar on her snout.  She STILL wanted to play ball immediately after!

The rest of her life, she'd walk past my truck's trailer hitch and low growl.  Funny as shit.  Miss that good girl!
View Quote

So we have some posters who are as smart as a dog and some who are dumber than a dog.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 10:30:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
There's this thing called personal responsibility.  It's nobody's fault but your own carelessness.  

What is wrong with society today is nobody takes responsibility for their own actions, and it's always someone else's fault.

Show me on the model truck where the hitch jumped out and struck you.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 10:41:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Was always fun trying to find a spot in a parking structure for my crew cab long bed.  The hitch never came out either.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 10:46:51 AM EDT
[#37]
There has been a hitch on my truck for 40 years. Pay attention OP. Real men use their trucks.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#38]
I tripped over a curb on the way into my office today.

Stupid curb.  I should be mad at whoever built it - those inconsiderate fucks.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 11:12:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
In some States it's actually illegal to leave a tow device installed without a trailer attached. Of course nobody enforces it.
View Quote

Nanny states.    
It would help if these places made reasonable size parking spaces. I've been in some when parked perfect there's only 2" of space between both tires and the parking stripes; then have to literally squeeze out of the door.  And have a foot of a short bed hanging out in the right of way due to p/p planning on their part.   Going into metro areas sucks.      
I had a trailer ball save my truck from damage when some guy cut in behind me and couldn't stop in time and ate the ball. Instant karma.  
Most of the problem is just inconsiderate people with lack of character and the entitled/dgaf attitude.  Its not the trailer hitch.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 11:14:00 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm not taking it out.....if anything its not nearly enough drop.

And cause my Super Duty is on 37s itll wack you right In the knee lol.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:34:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
At least I left the trailer at home
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:37:17 PM EDT
[#42]
I’m going to Burn some trailer hitches.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:40:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Damn. Six pages of busing OP’s balls.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:48:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Damn. Six pages of busing OP's balls.
View Quote
That was punny
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:49:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:55:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I’m going to Burn some trailer hitches.
View Quote

Don't even try to use jet fuel.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:59:50 PM EDT
[#47]
I keep trailer hitches on. 1). No one needs to be that close to my car. 2). I want all the metal I can get between me and cell phone girl behind me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#48]
OP is a pussy.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:25:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Why do you care OP?
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:39:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Nanny states.    
It would help if these places made reasonable size parking spaces. I've been in some when parked perfect there's only 2" of space between both tires and the parking stripes; then have to literally squeeze out of the door.  And have a foot of a short bed hanging out in the right of way due to p/p planning on their part.   Going into metro areas sucks.      
I had a trailer ball save my truck from damage when some guy cut in behind me and couldn't stop in time and ate the ball. Instant karma.  
Most of the problem is just inconsiderate people with lack of character and the entitled/dgaf attitude.  Its not the trailer hitch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nanny states.    

The majority of parking spaces in the US are 7.5 to 9 feet wide, and designed for an average car width of 6 to 6.5 feet. A new Ford F150 is 6'8" wide, excluding the mirrors. A new Toyota Camry (picked due to popularity) is 6 feet wide, excluding mirrors. When you pick a larger/wider vehicle, you have to put up with some small inconveniences. My wife's '08 Ford Edge is 6'4" wide. I say that to compare parking space size in the US with Europe (we were stationed in Germany). There were spots that, while we could fit the Edge into the space, I had to let everyone out and fold in the mirrors before pulling in, and side-step my way out on the running board because I could not open the door far enough to exit any other way, short of climbing out the sunroof or going out through the rear hatch. When I got back to the US, it took me a month or so to back in straight, in the middle of the parking space, because I was used to using the line on one side to line up in the middle of the smaller spaces in Europe.

For a business to put in larger spaces, it would reduce the number of parking spaces available. Thus, average sized spaces for average sized vehicles. What is even more fun is all the hate that I get when I park my motorcycle in a regular space in such a manner as to take up the entire space.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top