Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:56:48 PM EDT
[#1]
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2024/04/29/reports-disney-world-casts-male-performer-as-evil-queen-from-snow-white/

Walt Disney World in Florida appears to have cast a man to play the evil queen from Snow White in drag at its Wilderness Lodge resort, according to a viral video showing the performer.

In addition, That Park Place — a site devoted to Disney theme parks — reported that a family who dined at the Wilderness Lodge also encountered the performer, with the father telling the site “that the Evil Queen without a doubt had a man’s voice.”

Disney’s Wilderness Lodge in Orlando is a resort that offers visitors several dining experiences, one of which features a Snow White character meet-and-greet.

In the viral video, the “evil queen” performer greets a visitor who enthuses over the character.

That Park Place said a family reached out to tell about its encounter with what appears to be the same performer.

“It was kind of loud inside so I couldn’t really hear what the character was saying until I got face to face (typical conversation distance of a few feet) and then it hit me that the Evil Queen without a doubt had a man’s voice,” the father told the site.

He added that he later spoke to a manger who stated “I can assure you that she is a woman.” When asked if the performer was a biological male, the manager reportedly replied, “I’m sorry sir, I cannot answer that.”

https://thatparkplace.com/exclusive-walt-disney-world-cast-members-express-support-but-concern-over-the-evil-queen-situation/

As a part of our coverage, we discovered someone who seemed to have knowledge of the situation at Walt Disney World, as well as a history of being a cast member per their post history on X / Twitter… even going back years.

Over the weekend, we received information from a cast member at Walt Disney World who claimed that the performer playing the evil queen at Walt Disney World’s Artist Point located in Wilderness Lodge was a trans icon. Following this statement, along with some implication that the cast member might know the person who plays the evil queen, we reached out publicly for comment:

Pro: Hello there! We were wondering if you’d be interested in providing a comment or interview on the Evil queen situation? We’d love to present your viewpoint in a fair way. Let me know if you’d be willing.

Cast Member: Hi. I appreciate you reaching out. I would be willing to comment and answer as long as the questions are ones I am actually allowed to answer, as we all know how airtight Disney is with confidential information. I don’t want to risk the safety or privacy of my coworker, nor do I want to risk either of us potentially losing our careers over people throwing a fuss over their identity.

Pro: Do you want to fashion your own statement that you think is a safe as possible? Then I could ask you questions and you let me know if they’re okay. We will give your comments in full without censorship.

Cast Member: The only thing I personally feel safe saying as a statement is that Inclusion is a Key for a reason. It’s the newest Key the company has introduced. Inclusion means Everyone Belongs. Guests and Cast Members alike. No matter who you are, no matter how you identify, if you’re cisgendered, trans or non-binary, you can be a performer. Especially a look-alike one.

Pro: We’ll definitely be happy to include that statement. Follow up question: At Disney Parks, cast members who are “friends” of the face characters are supposed to look like the characters. In addition, those who interact with guests should have matching mannerisms and vocal likeness. Your coworker in the video appears to be quite tall and has a voice that some might feel is different than the character. Do you feel these differences should be allowed for trans persons playing Disney character roles in an effort to be more inclusive?

Cast Member: So…that was really baiting. So I’m going to keep this short and this will be the end of the conversation. Casting liked them enough to give them the role. That’s what matters the most. I’m not going to be comfortable answering anything else. The initial post you did felt like it’s targeting hate toward them and they just love doing their job in making guests happy and performing. Just let people live their life and work their job, man. I hope you find it in your heart to be accepting of people no matter who they are or how they identify. Have a good night.

Video of the cast member in question:
Story Book Dining at Artist Pointe

The pertinent bit starts at 7 Minutes and 22: seconds.

Given what I've seen and read, they found some dude who can almost pass until you hear his voice.  

Supposedly some working in the parks are trying to make this more prevalent.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:03:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kingdead:
Don't count your eggs before they hatch. Enough people are still buying BL. I'd love to see their sales at 0%, but I'll take what we can get. I grantee you there will be millions of visitors to Disney this year.
View Quote

Yeah, I would hope at the very least Disney would take a revenue/stock hit like BL.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:17:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#3]
Originally Posted By EastWest:

Yeah, I would hope at the very least Disney would take a revenue/stock hit like BL.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By EastWest:
Originally Posted By Kingdead:
Don't count your eggs before they hatch. Enough people are still buying BL. I'd love to see their sales at 0%, but I'll take what we can get. I grantee you there will be millions of visitors to Disney this year.

AB has still not caught up with the market.

They are not keeping up with inflation.

Disney has lost about half it's overall value since iger came on board.

ETA and they haven't gotten the final bill for the hulu purchase yet AND D+ streaming is still registering losses and they're looking to get surpassed in streaming market share by *tubi.*
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:41:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By callmestick:

If Youtube has 8M subscribers that's 2-2.6% of the population.  That's not even remotely good.  Basically nobody wants what they are selling.
View All Quotes

Would be nice to see that chart with number of subscribers.

If Youtube has 8M subscribers that's 2-2.6% of the population.  That's not even remotely good.  Basically nobody wants what they are selling.

YouTube TV (only offered in the US) has 8M subscribers. That makes it one of the largest TV providers in the country. It's by far the largest Internet TV provider.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:52:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Death by a thousand cuts... Die mouse, DIE!
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:54:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Seems like the more inside hollywood types are getting more and more willing to point out the nakedness of the emperor.

https://deadline.com/2024/05/biggest-box-office-bombs-2023-lowest-grossing-movies-1235902825/
Disney Detonates Four Bombs In Deadline’s 2023 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament

By Anthony D'Alessandro

Editorial Director/Box Office Editor

May 2, 2024 5:28pm

Everyone likes a trend in the movie business, but this one perhaps not so much. Disney for the first time in Deadline’s Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament history dominates the annual bombs section, claiming four of the five (top? bottom?) spots on our 2023 list. Typically, the studio owns a majority of the year’s top 10 most profitable films thanks to Marvel movies, but not this year.
Meanwhile, content is king for Disney and drives all other ancillaries, extending to theme parks and cruise ships. Quite often we get the phone call from the studio saying, “You’re not taking into account other merchandise and theme park revenues on these films.” Make no mistake: Films that fall down at the box office don’t have afterlives.
The Marvels
Disney/Marvel
Net Loss: -$237M
The Flash
Warner Bros/DC Studios
Net Loss: -$155M
Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
Disney
Net Loss: -$143M
Wish
Disney
Net Loss: -$131M
Haunted Mansion
Disney
Net Loss: -$117M
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:28:33 AM EDT
[#7]
So Guardians of the galaxy 3 was the sole movie that supposedly did good last year, iger was crowing about it repeatedly in one of the recent earnings calls ... etc.

EXPOSED: Guardians of Galaxy Vol 3 LOST At Box Office! Did EVERY 2023 Disney Production FLOP?

TL:DW = 124 million profit supposedly but ... disney plus paid disney at least 180 million for GOG3, to go on disney+. That's the television and streaming colum in the revenues. The studio net they're talking about is 124 million. That comes out to 56 million in the hole. Not counting uncle sam's tax take out of disney paying itself.

Their best effort lost fifty-million dollars.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:42:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Fuck Disney
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:42:25 PM EDT
[#9]
https://www.reuters.com/business/media-telecom/disney-comcast-seek-advisor-resolve-hulu-valuation-sources-say-2024-05-06/

Exclusive: Disney and Comcast seek advisor to resolve Hulu valuation, sources say
By Anirban Sen and Dawn Chmielewski
May 6, 202411:31 PM UTCUpdated 3 hours ago

NEW YORK, May 6 (Reuters) - Walt Disney (DIS.N), opens new tab and Comcast (CMCSA.O), opens new tab are seeking to hire a financial adviser to resolve a dispute over how to value the 33% stake in streaming platform Hulu that the former will acquire from the latter, according to people familiar with the matter.
In regulatory filings last year, Disney and Comcast had outlined that if the valuation reached by their two banks were within 10% of each other, a deal will be consummated at a valuation that is the average of the two appraisals.
Since the two appraisals are more than 10% apart, Comcast and Disney are jointly in talks to pick a third bank to do an independent appraisal, the sources said.

As per the terms of the agreement, if the third appraisal is closest to the valuation of that produced by Disney's bank, the average of those two valuations will be the value at which the deal gets done.

Similarly, if the third appraisal is closest to the valuation of that produced by Comcast's bank, the average of those two valuations is the value at which the deal gets done.

If the average of the third appraisal is below $27.5 billion, the final valuation will be $27.5 billion.

Disney has already paid roughly 9 billion of the value. They are arguing over how much value is left. The numbers being tossed around are total valuations for hulu. Disney is having to pay whatever is left of the last roughly 1/3 of the total value after the 9 billion they've already put down.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:59:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#10]
And they just can't quit it:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/entertainment/2993169/star-wars-series-features-nonbinary-character/

A new animated Star Wars television series features a Jedi who is nonbinary, with other characters referring to this Jedi as “them.”

The new Disney+ series, Tales of the Empire, consists of six shorts, with one of the episodes featuring the nonbinary Jedi. The character is about to surrender to an Inquisitor, a character that hunts Jedi, before another Inquisitor strikes the Jedi down.

“They’re still alive,” one of the Inquisitors says while checking the character’s heartbeat. “We need to get them to the ship. We can save them.”

Video clip at the twitter link below:

Casual mutilation of the language to support destructive delusion.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:57:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#11]
Immediate context: after the recent earnings call the stock dropped ... I believe it was 10%? directly after the call.

Why I'm Staying Away From Disney Stock Even After Selling Off
By Daniel Sparks – May 12, 2024 at 9:31AM
Key Points

The company's streaming business is improving but its profits are miniscule.
   Disney's top line is barely growing.
   The stock's underlying fundamentals don't seem to justify its valuation.
   Motley Fool Issues Rare “All In” Buy Alert

Shares are down more than 10% over the last thirty days.

Shares of Walt Disney (DIS -0.45%) have fallen more than 10% over the last month. But investors should think twice before they "buy the dip." Recent results simply aren't encouraging enough to justify the stock's current valuation. Furthermore, the company's streaming transformation in its content business has yet to prove itself.

Sure, management recently reinitiated a dividend, reflecting its confidence in a strategic restructuring and a reinvigorated focus on growth. But investors shouldn't automatically assume that management's confidence is a buy signal. Buying the entertainment stock at its current valuation may simply require too much speculation.
Unimpressive growth

The first major problem at Disney is its anemic top-line growth. Total revenue in its most recent quarter (fiscal Q2) rose just 1% year over year.

Weighing heavily on its revenue performance was a 5% decline in entertainment revenue. The segment's 13% year-over-year growth in direct-to-consumer revenue wasn't enough to offset an 8% decline in linear networks revenue and a 40% drop in content sales, licensing, and other entertainment revenue.

Sports revenue, which includes the company's lucrative ESPN operation, rose just 2% during the quarter.

The experiences segment, which includes sales from its domestic and international parks and its consumer products, rose 10%. Key to this growth, however, was the temporary boon of the continued rebound of global travel as the COVID pandemic fades further into the rearview mirror. It wouldn't be surprising to see this growth slow down.
Disney's streaming business could let investors down

The hope Disney investors are likely clinging to is the company's direct-to-consumer business. Disney has finally shown that this subsegment, which is seeing double-digit year-over-year revenue growth, can contribute to profitability. Direct-to-consumer, which includes revenue from streaming services services like Disney+, Hotstar, and Hulu, swung to profitability in fiscal Q2. And its operating income was $47 million, up from a loss of $587 million in the year-ago quarter.

While it's great to see improvement, it should be noted that this translates to an operating profit margin of less than 1%. Disney may need significantly more scale for this segment's operating margin to eventually rival the operating margin for its linear networks (traditional TV), which falls somewhere between 25% and 35% in most quarters.

If the direct-to-consumer business's revenue growth rate or operating margin expansion proves to be underwhelming, this catalyst could ultimately be a letdown.
The stock looks expensive

The final reason to avoid the stock is the simplest. Given the quality of Disney's assets, from top-notch movie franchises to irreplaceable theme parks, investors shouldn't expect to buy shares on the cheap. But given the company's slow top-line growth and the uncertainty surrounding its streaming business, they shouldn't pay an expensive valuation multiple either. Trading at 24 times management's forecast for fiscal 2024 free cash flow, shares simply aren't reasonably priced.

Before pulling the trigger on shares, it may be wise to wait for either a bigger pullback in the stock price, or stronger top-line growth and more evidence of a catalyst for the stock from its nascent streaming business. Shares may end up doing reasonably well from here over the long haul, but the likelihood of them outperforming the S&P 500 may be low.

Daniel Sparks has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. His clients may own shares of the companies mentioned. The Motley Fool has positions in and recommends Walt Disney. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
View Quote

Shares of Walt Disney (DIS -0.45%) have fallen more than 10% over the last month. But investors should think twice before they "buy the dip."
Total revenue in its most recent quarter (fiscal Q2) rose just 1% year over year.

Weighing heavily on its revenue performance was a 5% decline in entertainment revenue. The segment's 13% year-over-year growth in direct-to-consumer revenue wasn't enough to offset an 8% decline in linear networks revenue and a 40% drop in content sales, licensing, and other entertainment revenue.
The experiences segment, which includes sales from its domestic and international parks and its consumer products, rose 10%. Key to this growth, however, was the temporary boon of the continued rebound of global travel as the COVID pandemic fades further into the rearview mirror. It wouldn't be surprising to see this growth slow down.
Trading at 24 times management's forecast for fiscal 2024 free cash flow, shares simply aren't reasonably priced.

Of note, I have heard it recently said that the parks, and by a massive margin WDW in florida are something like 70% of their total pie? In that realm.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 9:12:28 PM EDT
[#12]
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/internet/tokyo-disney-adults-us-land-american-influencers-world-ticket-price-rcna152008

While Tokyo Disney Resort has been consistently popular with locals, Disney and other U.S.-based entertainment groups have recently found that Americans are willing to partake in familiar culture while traveling abroad, boosting numbers in both foreign and domestic markets, and creating a new target demographic for international projects.

Social media content showing the new expansions has resonated widely with Western audiences online. Some YouTube vlogs featuring the new Tokyo attractions were viewed upward of 100,000 times each on the first day they were posted by English-speaking creators. The official Disney Parks Instagram account, which posts content from all of the locations, has been repeatedly flooded with Americans commenting how eager they are to experience what the international parks offer.
Disney has been inviting both fan-run and traditional media outlets to cover its new attractions in the U.S. parks for years, but Stanford said the Tokyo invitation came as a “surprise” to the AllEars staff, which has been publishing content online since the late 1990s.

“It’s a very rare experience to see American media invited over to Tokyo,” Stanford said.

Tokyo Disneyland opened in 1983, and in more recent years, social media has shown American fans just what they’re missing on the other side of the world.

But why?

https://insidethemagic.net/2024/04/disney-park-splash-mountain-upgrade-rejects-tiana-retheme-cj1/
One Disney theme park is doubling down on the original version of Splash Mountain.
Tokyo Disneyland has operated its own version of Splash Mountain in Critter Country since 1992. A near carbon copy of Walt Disney World’s version of the attraction (except it has just four drops instead of five), it is yet to close for a Tiana retheme.

In fact, a retheme hasn’t even been announced – and there’s a strong chance it never will. Tokyo Disneyland is owned and operated by the Oriental Land Company (OLC), which means Disney doesn’t dictate its closures, additions, or updates quite like the other parks.

Notably, Tokyo Disneyland currently also boasts the only version of Pirates of the Caribbean with the traditional “we wants the redhead!” scene. Other parks have changed the scene so the redheaded woman is no longer being auctioned off as a bride and is instead a pirate who helps the auctioneer sell goods looted from the townspeople.

Stuff like this and the cost of going to WDW in florida just might have something to do with it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/internet/tokyo-disney-adults-us-land-american-influencers-world-ticket-price-rcna152008

While Tokyo Disney Resort has been consistently popular with locals, Disney and other U.S.-based entertainment groups have recently found that Americans are willing to partake in familiar culture while traveling abroad, boosting numbers in both foreign and domestic markets, and creating a new target demographic for international projects.

Social media content showing the new expansions has resonated widely with Western audiences online. Some YouTube vlogs featuring the new Tokyo attractions were viewed upward of 100,000 times each on the first day they were posted by English-speaking creators. The official Disney Parks Instagram account, which posts content from all of the locations, has been repeatedly flooded with Americans commenting how eager they are to experience what the international parks offer.
Disney has been inviting both fan-run and traditional media outlets to cover its new attractions in the U.S. parks for years, but Stanford said the Tokyo invitation came as a “surprise” to the AllEars staff, which has been publishing content online since the late 1990s.

“It’s a very rare experience to see American media invited over to Tokyo,” Stanford said.

Tokyo Disneyland opened in 1983, and in more recent years, social media has shown American fans just what they’re missing on the other side of the world.

But why?

https://insidethemagic.net/2024/04/disney-park-splash-mountain-upgrade-rejects-tiana-retheme-cj1/
One Disney theme park is doubling down on the original version of Splash Mountain.
Tokyo Disneyland has operated its own version of Splash Mountain in Critter Country since 1992. A near carbon copy of Walt Disney World’s version of the attraction (except it has just four drops instead of five), it is yet to close for a Tiana retheme.

In fact, a retheme hasn’t even been announced – and there’s a strong chance it never will. Tokyo Disneyland is owned and operated by the Oriental Land Company (OLC), which means Disney doesn’t dictate its closures, additions, or updates quite like the other parks.

Notably, Tokyo Disneyland currently also boasts the only version of Pirates of the Caribbean with the traditional “we wants the redhead!” scene. Other parks have changed the scene so the redheaded woman is no longer being auctioned off as a bride and is instead a pirate who helps the auctioneer sell goods looted from the townspeople.

Stuff like this and the cost of going to WDW in florida just might have something to do with it.
View Quote

Wasn't there an article a couple years ago breaking down the cost of a family of 4 to go to Disney World in Florida, and it was a lot cheaper to go to Disney in Paris?
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 9:29:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Mr_Nasty99:

Wasn't there an article a couple years ago breaking down the cost of a family of 4 to go to Disney World in Florida, and it was a lot cheaper to go to Disney in Paris?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mr_Nasty99:

But why?

I don't know, hadn't heard that.

Within the last year someone did a rundown and came up with something like a 4-6k cost for a family of 3/4 to go to WDW and do the average stay.

I"m pretty sure I already posted this but here it is again:

Disney World Has Gotten Too Expensive
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 12:50:41 AM EDT
[#15]
I want to see Disney crash and burn until they pull their collective heads out of their asses, but I am also hoping the new Alien movie is decent.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 8:06:55 PM EDT
[#16]
EVERY Disney Marvel Film Since Endgame FLOPPED - New UK Docs Reveal Doctor Strange 2 Cost $400M

TL:DW

Doc strange multiverse of madness lost at least fifty million dollars.

This is not an estimate, this is according to hard and fast UK tax doc numbers they will not lie on.

ALL marvel MCU films since endgame have FLOPPED.

It's the reverse midas touch!
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 8:50:37 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't know if it's been pointed out in this thread, but ten years ago, all Disney had to do was what they had already been doing. Making quality family entertainment. That's it. They had been doing it for generations, so they knew how it was done.

But, they had to get political. They had to inject themselves and their product into the raging culture wars. They had to embrace the tranny, groomer, troon agenda. They had to adopt open, obvious misandry that turned a lot of people off. It's almost as if the entire board of directors had a massive, collective aneurism and decided it was time to drive the entire company off the side of the cliff as quickly as possible. They went out of their way to insult, alienate, and attack their own paying customer base. When called out on it, they doubled down. Then tripled down. They keep doing everything in their power to disenfranchise themselves from everything that made them as huge as they were. That Kathleen Kennedy twit should have been run out of the company on a rail at the first sign of her misandrist idiocy. I'm sure she was promoted and given a double salary for the damage she's done. Honk.

We are watching, in real time, what happens when completely insane people are given a multi-billion dollar company and told to do with it whatever they want. This is what you get.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 9:28:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#18]
Originally Posted By TheLASwamp:
I don't know if it's been pointed out in this thread, but ten years ago, all Disney had to do was what they had already been doing. Making quality family entertainment. That's it. They had been doing it for generations, so they knew how it was done.

But, they had to get political. They had to inject themselves and their product into the raging culture wars. They had to embrace the tranny, groomer, troon agenda. They had to adopt open, obvious misandry that turned a lot of people off. It's almost as if the entire board of directors had a massive, collective aneurism and decided it was time to drive the entire company off the side of the cliff as quickly as possible. They went out of their way to insult, alienate, and attack their own paying customer base. When called out on it, they doubled down. Then tripled down. They keep doing everything in their power to disenfranchise themselves from everything that made them as huge as they were. That Kathleen Kennedy twit should have been run out of the company on a rail at the first sign of her misandrist idiocy. I'm sure she was promoted and given a double salary for the damage she's done. Honk.

We are watching, in real time, what happens when completely insane people are given a multi-billion dollar company and told to do with it whatever they want. This is what you get.
View Quote

From everything I have read and experienced, I think it happened because disney became fully captured by the left - the wild eyed true believing insane left - in a way that few other institutions have.

They may be more crazy leftist than our colleges of education.

Eisner stated ... IIRC in the 90s or before 2010 ... that over 40% of the workforce was homosexual. Remember, this is in an wider envirionment where 1-2% max were that way. We have had whistleblowers relating that when they started working at the company they were groomed and repeateldy approached by homosexuals to try and get them to ...

Disney basically became like the homsexual pride districts of sanfran.

It was only a matter of time after that.

ETA:

The reciepts:

https://web.archive.org/web/20170317145133/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fuuo8yI8rbo

1998. This is firmly in the era where we were all trying to warn everyone and everyone wouldn't listen because of the "but what harm can come of it" was in full force.  Only after obergefell did people start to realize the warnings were right.

Web page of the guy who filmed the clip:

https://americansfortruth.com/2017/03/07/disney-ceo-michael-eisner-revealed-that-40-percent-of-disney-employees-are-gay-and-that-was-in-1998/

These are not the fever dreams of a social conservative.

Even the left saw it: https://archive.is/vkut5

It's an atlantic article, archive link so nobody has to give them a click.

ETA2: https://www.themeparktourist.com/features/20180519/33873/history-gay-days

Thirteen years before the first official Gay Days event was launched in 1991, a group of LGBTQ+ business owners decided to rent out Disneyland for the day. They knew the company wouldn’t look favorably on a group of non-heterosexual guests taking over the park, even for a few hours, so they dubbed themselves the “Greater Los Angeles Restaurant and Bar Association” in order to make the reservation. The plan went off without a hitch—that is, until a week prior to the event, when Disney inevitably discovered the purpose behind the event (or, rather, the people behind the event, as there was no ulterior motive other than having fun) and started to panic.

He brought a male friend to the park’s late-night celebration and danced with him while the security guards changed their posts. It didn’t take long for the park to notice the couple or remove them from the area, at which point Exler filed suit against Disney on the basis of discrimination. Despite Disney’s protests that an LGBTQ-friendly policy would go against Walt Disney’s wishes or compromise the safety of guests by angering homophobic international visitors and members of the military, the jury almost unanimously sided with Exler. By 1987, the park adopted both written and unwritten policies to prevent similar discriminatory practices from taking place again.

And as far as I know, they do not warn families when these "events" are happening.

You spend thousands to bring your family down for the few days you can, walk in the park, and find you and your young kids in the middle of a pride fest.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 6:54:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Nelson Peltz & Trian DUMP ALL Disney Stock | Explained

Peltz dumped all of trian's holdings in disney stocks right after the earnings call and made a billion dollars. He sold it at 120$ a share.

General hilarity from the cast and crew of the acolyte:

Acolyte Cast NEVER Watched Star Wars, LIES About It | Disney Star Wars | Lucasfilm

A movie concept disney should do, they have first hand experience with it:

Link Posted: 6/1/2024 7:04:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I get their rather expensive subscription channel for free, via my phone carrier contract.   I went on about a month ago - and there really wasn't anything new in the last 2 years of content I wanted to watch.

If I could cancel this for just $1 off my phone service contract, I would.  Interestingly, that's not an option.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 10:14:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:
I get their rather expensive subscription channel for free, via my phone carrier contract.   I went on about a month ago - and there really wasn't anything new in the last 2 years of content I wanted to watch.

If I could cancel this for just $1 off my phone service contract, I would.  Interestingly, that's not an option.
View Quote

From what it looks like, bluey is the best thing on the service?

... and disney doesn't even make it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 9:49:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Reporting by nick nolte at breitbart.com

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2024/06/03/nolte-disney-queering-4-year-olds-during-pride-month/

When our editor-in-chief and best-selling New York Times author Alex Marlow related his weekend experience to me, I wasn’t at all surprised (evil’s gonna evil). Then I asked him to tell our readers how a disgusting multinational corporation has made it seemingly impossible for parents to protect their children from content no child should be exposed to [emphasis added]:
View Quote

And here's what his editor in chief reportedlyhad to say:

I’ll do my best to resist sharing my opinion here, as tempting as it is to rage at the Woke Mouse.

I’m not sure if you’ve heard, but it’s pride month, so over the weekend, I logged into a family member’s Disney+ account to see what type of gay and trans content The Walt Disney Company is suggesting children consume. Immediately, the rotating banner at the top of the home screen featured a massive “Pride” logo, obviously including the trans colors in addition to the traditional rainbow.

I clicked on the “search” page from the menu. The first tile–the one in the top left corner of the screen–defaulted to (what else?) Disney’s “Pride” collection.

I thought that his was a bit aggressive for a brand best known for its content for children, so I created a new account, entering the birthdate of a four-year-old to see if that would generate less sexualized material. It didn’t. If the hypothetical four-year-old selects the Pride tile, all manner of adult-oriented content is promoted, including drag-themed shows.

One thing that caught my eye is that the controversial Lightyear movie (which flopped) was listed in the LGBTQ+ Love Stories section. Marvel’s Eternals, which also failed, is featured all over the page.

I then set up parental controls (not a quick process!) to top out at a G-rating, and while that did remove a lot of the shows intended for mature audiences, the Pride page still suggests a number of cartoons aimed at children that have GLAAD Awards and nominations
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 11:36:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#23]
https://cordcuttersnews.com/disney-comcast-are-still-fighting-over-the-final-sale-price-for-hulu/

The companies set a valuation of $27.5 billion five years ago. But Comcast CEO Brain Roberts, speaking at the Goldman Sachs Communacopia + Technology investor conference last year, said Hulu is “way more valuable” now compared to then. Comcast is hoping for as high a valuation as possible, even as Disney hopes it’ll be closer to the $27.5 billion mark. Now though, the two sides seem unwilling to agree on a final sale price.

The problem is that JPMorgan, whom Disney hired, agrees with the $27.5 billion. Morgan Stanley valued Hulu at more than $40 billion in Comcast’s valuation.

Now, according to Reuters, both sides are looking at a third party to resolve this issue. This continues the plan both sides created. Now, the question is, will the third party beabel to give an answer both sides would be happy with?

Remember, that's the total, of which about a third is left to pay.

So comcast wants disney to pay billions more, over and above the ~9bn minimum they paid.

Disney also paid indirectly for another chunk of hulu when it paid a whopping 71 billion to buy most of fox.

How can they make this whole kerfuffle profitable!??
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 1:50:23 AM EDT
[#24]
https://cordcuttersnews.com/disney-comcast-are-still-fighting-over-the-final-sale-price-for-hulu/

The companies set a valuation of $27.5 billion five years ago. But Comcast CEO Brain Roberts, speaking at the Goldman Sachs Communacopia + Technology investor conference last year, said Hulu is “way more valuable” now compared to then. Comcast is hoping for as high a valuation as possible, even as Disney hopes it’ll be closer to the $27.5 billion mark. Now though, the two sides seem unwilling to agree on a final sale price.

The problem is that JPMorgan, whom Disney hired, agrees with the $27.5 billion. Morgan Stanley valued Hulu at more than $40 billion in Comcast’s valuation.

Now, according to Reuters, both sides are looking at a third party to resolve this issue. This continues the plan both sides created. Now, the question is, will the third party beabel to give an answer both sides would be happy with?

So comcast wants disney to pay billions more, over and above the ~9bn minimum they paid.

Disney also paid indirectly for another chunk of hulu when it paid a whopping 71 billion to buy most of fox.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

They're tripling down on Woke content
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 4:32:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Geralt55:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/144599/1000092654_jpg-3236497.JPG

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Geralt55:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/144599/1000092654_jpg-3236497.JPG

Which does not bode well for their finances.

Re:rotten tomatoes - apparently for a movie to be certified fresh ... supposedly that has nothing at all to do with fan ratings.

We also know for a fact now that their reviews have (and I haven't heard that they stopped this) been effectively gamed and "bought."
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 8:36:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Nobody hates Star Wars more than Disney producers
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 1:22:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Mae and Osha Join The Witches Coven Full Scene The Acolyte Episode 3

acolyte episode 3.

A coven of lesbian witches who make children without dudes who are portrayed as just trying to live their lives and be left alone and the evil jedi swoop in like CPS and take their kids.

On disney.

"Mommy, what's going on, I don't get it!"  <--- imagine having to answer that.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:34:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#28]

James O'Keefe@JamesOKeefeIII
The Disney Tapes.

Stay tuned 👀

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 3:31:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Hat tip

@Mal_means_bad

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/O-Keefe-Disney-Sr-VP-tape-explicitly-told-by-HR-no-promotions-for-white-men-light-skinned-blacks/5-2731757/

Putting it here along with all the other stuff on disney.

James O'Keefe@JamesOKeefeIII
BREAKING: Senior Vice President at The Walt Disney Company details discriminatory hiring practices: "Nobody else is going to tell you this, but they're not considering any white males for the job," says Michael Giordano, a Vice President of Business affairs, "there’s no way we’re hiring a white male.” Giordano reveals Disney uses "code words and buzzwords" to avoid legal action and even mentions a candidate being rejected for not looking black enough.  Giordano also admits Disney gives bonuses to executives for practicing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), agreeing that "diversity helps with financial incentives." Giordano further claims he’s been denied promotions due to his race.  
Stay tuned for The Disney Tapes: Part 2...
@20thTelevision
@DisneyTVStudios
@America1stLegal
@Disney
@RobertIger
@DisneyStudios
4:54 PM · Jun 20, 2024 · 1.5M Views
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 3:32:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Youtube of the video

BREAKING: Disney VP Discriminatory Hiring Practices: “There’s No Way We’re Hiring a White Male.”
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 3:33:52 PM EDT
[#31]
wow
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 3:49:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Livestream vids discussing the revelations:

Disney Undercover Tapes REVIEWED - Huge Lawsuit Impacts (LIVE)

Disney Discrimination? Disney Tapes Part 1 | James O'Keefe | REACTION w Ron Coleman
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 3:58:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#33]
Elon retweeted it.

ETA:

MTG reply in the thread:

ETA2:

Jordan peterson:

Link Posted: 6/20/2024 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#34]
And "conservative" posters here will adamantly argue why they are taking the family to Disney and still subscribe.

Literally funding the enemy.

Link Posted: 6/20/2024 4:23:01 PM EDT
[#35]
WDW pro's stream:

The Disney Tapes Are HERE! Video Seems to Say Disney Is in HOT Water! The Pro Show Special Edition!

-------------------

Good lord, the dude admitted exec pay and benefits is tied to hiring people by race, and that they (disney) apparently have racial hiring QUOTAS.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 4:49:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cayman_shen] [#36]
Originally Posted By Underscore_O_Three:
And "conservative" posters here will adamantly argue why they are taking the family to Disney and still subscribe.

Literally funding the enemy.

View Quote

I finally canceled Disney Plus after episode 3 of the Acolyte. And I am very, very, very into Star Wars. So I'd say even those of us who tried to justify our support may be coming around. They finally went too far even for a nerd addict like me.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 4:56:04 PM EDT
[#37]
I was thinking the other day that maybe George Lucas may be able to buy back the Star Wars rights from Disney soon for far less than what he sold them for if Disney keeps on f'in' it all up and losing money.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 4:58:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By OregonShooter:
People will pay any amount of money to enter their parks.
View Quote

I think you mean AR15 GD posters will pay any amount of money, all the same while bitching about DEI/Woke BS.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#39]

Chapek wasn't good ... and ... he also effectively only got to do iger's projects, only to be booted out by the board to bring iger back.

Eisner wasn't good, iger wasn't good, chapek wasn't good, iger the second time isn't good ...

I'm seriously starting to wonder if they have ever had a good leader since walt died.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/20/2024 5:09:21 PM EDT
[#40]
If anyone was wondering what ACTUAL institutional racism looks like, this is a great example to add to federal contracting practices.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 9:50:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Hatari:
If anyone was wondering what ACTUAL institutional racism looks like, this is a great example to add to federal contracting practices.
View Quote

If what he says in the video on those dates is true, disney has basically picked up the stupid quatroon and half black and high yellow rules and all that evil nonsense.

Except they feel good about their vile racism, because it's applied "in the right direction."

Because ... well, you know, racism is wrong.

Except when they do it.

For the right reasons.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 9:54:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#42]

If what he says in the video on those dates is true, disney has basically picked up the stupid quatroon and half black and high yellow rules and all that evil nonsense.

Except they feel good about their vile racism, because it's applied "in the right direction."

Except when they do it.

For the right reasons.
View All Quotes

Except when they do it.

For the right reasons.

What he describes is common place in the private sector and In government.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 10:05:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#43]
Originally Posted By Duck_Hunt:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Duck_Hunt:

Except when they do it.

For the right reasons.

I've no doubt.

Those who listened to the michael savage radio show for any length of time have heard him talk of exactly that.

I suspect it has been the effective functional norm in the instutions (which are and have been leftist controlled since minimally the 1970s) since the bakke case. Maybe before it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 5:16:45 PM EDT
[#44]
BREAKING: Disney Director Sohrab Makker: 'No Non-White, Non-Jewish' Hires, Calls CEO 'Corrupt'

Indian guy spills his guts on a date.

Those who hold real power don't play "the game" that everyone below them has to.

New guy confirms what the first one said.

Diversity spreadsheets, etc.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 7:03:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Never interrupt your enemy when he is destroying himself. Let them burn it/themselves to the ground.
Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top