Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 36
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:06:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By zeekh:

When I did keto if I stalled, I ate some carbs then went back on keto. Worked  for a friend of mine also
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zeekh:
Originally Posted By JasonK94Z:
I stalled out on losing weight for almost 3 weeks now.  

First 6 weeks I lost 25 pounds. I’m currently sitting on a weight and fluctuating a pound or two. It’s starting to get frustrating.

Anyone know what to do to kick this weight loss off again?  Have about another 20 to go.

Only eating twice a day.

When I did keto if I stalled, I ate some carbs then went back on keto. Worked  for a friend of mine also

Sometimes that helps.  Upping activity helps, too.  Are you lifting?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#2]
No lifting .

My next goal is when I drop 30 pounds I will go back to martial arts classes every week.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:39:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gator] [#3]
Originally Posted By Clarinath:
No lifting .

My next goal is when I drop 30 pounds I will go back to martial arts classes every week.
View Quote

Oof.

You should really consider lifting or at least bodyweight exercises.  Being in a caloric deficit for a long time along with no weight training means you'll be losing muscle mass as well.

ETA: Walking what I recommended earlier helps preserve muscle mass in your legs and core.  You wouldn't start at 10K, you'd work your way up there.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:57:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Better now toxic toddler?!? Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 6:58:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
Better now toxic toddler?!? https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/455820/IMG_6804_jpeg-3188816.JPG
View Quote

Crimeny john I would devour that.  Get some good, chunky salt on it…. Maaaaaan
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By burnprocess:

View Quote

Both the egg and burger have legit salt in and on.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:20:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I’m stalled, losing heart…

I am waffling back and forth around one weight, and going + or - 3 pounds…

I can’t drop past it.

Been going on for about a week
View Quote
Are you trying OMAD? Maybe some Intermittent fasting? Missing a meal every other day will pull you out of a stall
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:28:29 PM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

Perfecto.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:38:12 PM EDT
[#9]
My wife and I hit 6 weeks yesterday. We got super busy yesterday and didn't eat until 5 pm. She said "it's been 6 weeks, let's get pizza". We got pizza and I at until satisfied.

Never again. I barely slept last night and just felt horrible. I'm carnivore from here on out.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:42:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Eitek1:
My wife and I hit 6 weeks yesterday. We got super busy yesterday and didn't eat until 5 pm. She said "it's been 6 weeks, let's get pizza". We got pizza and I at until satisfied.

Never again. I barely slept last night and just felt horrible. I'm carnivore from here on out.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:34:46 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

That's because it takes your gut biome time to adjust drastic dietary changes like that, forgot which doc it was she said it was a few weeks IIRC.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:51:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Gator:

That's because it takes your gut biome time to adjust drastic dietary changes like that, forgot which doc it was she said it was a few weeks IIRC.
View All Quotes

A carb load after that, plus whatever processed foods were in/on the pizza - I can’t even imagine the bloat, headache and hangover feeling after.

No bueno.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:18:01 AM EDT
[#13]

A carb load after that, plus whatever processed foods were in/on the pizza - I can’t even imagine the bloat, headache and hangover feeling after.

No bueno.
View All Quotes

No bueno.

Someone could have issue with an ingredient on pizza, sure.  But that is going to be a minority.  The bloat is most likely re-hydrating.

Be honest... a lot of people don't get a free ride going in to carnivore.  Diarrhea so bad it needs a new name?  

Go to 5:06 if the go to time doesn't work.
Joe Rogan Reports Back After a Month on Carnivore Diet
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:16:01 AM EDT
[#14]

Someone could have issue with an ingredient on pizza, sure.  But that is going to be a minority.  The bloat is most likely re-hydrating.

Be honest... a lot of people don't get a free ride going in to carnivore.  Diarrhea so bad it needs a new name?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivMoNhjnhqw
View Quote

my 8 year old kid said he had a "Code Brown" at school yesterday. I asked what happened, why did he have an accident. He told me that's what he calls a deer running though the playground. I told him it's what adults have starting carnivore.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:55:49 AM EDT
[#15]

View Quote
@Eitek1

You're not alone. Go back to page 16 post #25 and see what happened to me from pigging out. Its whats kept me from doing it again. Dont like feeling like that. Not worth it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:37:03 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

Yeah, that makes for an uncomfortable few days…
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:12:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jchewie1] [#17]
Smoked half a brisket Sunday.  Fed five of us with lunch for me the next day.  Smoked the other half today, leftovers for lunch tomorrow.  Delicious.

Edit, still running, started long step lunges.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:15:05 PM EDT
[#18]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivMoNhjnhqw
View Quote

For me carnivore or keto induces a whole two shatz over the course of an evening.  Going the other way is not pleasant.  Plus the night sweats from mitochondria burning it up.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:57:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm like 6 weeks in and I've lost about 15 pounds. That said, I'm "leaner" than I was the last time I lost 15 pounds. If "leaner" is something you can say about a guy that weighs 265.

It's like the composition of what I'm losing is different this time. I think on a long enough timeline I'm going to be actually lean. I go for a heath and wellness physical every year. They did a body scan on me. The guy said "I've got some good news and some bad news. You're carrying as much muscle as a pro bodybuilder. That's the good news. The bad news is that it's covered in fat".

Maybe I'll uncover all the muscle doing this.
View Quote

Keep with it, and exercise while doing so, and you will in fact shed the fat.  It is nothing short of amazing.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:07:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: burnprocess] [#20]
About two months in,  very little cheating….

I switched from an Upper/Lower split to a PPL at the gym.  Growth is gaining weekly.  Definition in my chest and shoulders, and stubborn gut fat is reducing, ab lines showing.  Quads starting to bust out, lats and neck thickening up.

My weapon of choice is a tasty sirloin with salt.  I also bought a dinky little hard boiled egg maker from Amazon.  What a great little tool, and cheap!  Plop a little water and 6 eggs in (poke a hole in them with their provided tool) and press a button and in 12 minutes you have hardboiled eggs to snack on.  Easy.

I never have cravings except for the rare desire to have a smoke or a vape. (Former smoker, vaper).

This way of eating is phenomenal.  No migraines, no sore knees, lower back, can walk 2 miles to the gym, lift heavy, 2 miles back, day in and day out.  

Now comes the heat, and the heat and humidity in Florida can
zap the energy right out of you.  Last time I did carnivore and worked out in my garage I had zero energy loss.  None.  Still lifted heavier as well.

I love meat.  Insert whatever gay joke you want.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:24:05 AM EDT
[#21]

yup. I meant 9pm to 3am. Typo. who knew, I've been up since 3am
View Quote

Limit workplace stress.
Exercise.
I take magnesium bisglycinate and vitamin D3.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:50:15 AM EDT
[#22]
After having the increase in energy, focus, motivation, mental clarity, etc. cheat meals arent even appealing to me anymore.

Would I love a cannoli? Sure, but the benefits of not having it are too much to risk. This is honestly the best Ive felt in I dont know how long, even when I was into body building and adderall

Im getting to work over an hour earlier, and leaving an hour earlier to get home to my daughter.

Im up and moving on the weekends by 6:30. Used to be a sloth and lay in bed on an iPad till 9 or so, or when the dog had enough and bugged me for breakfast and potty

The weight loss is just a bonus to me, the items above are all worth it.

Best part is, Im still dong the slightly "dirty" version; probably using cheese too much, a dab here and there of my favorite hot sauces, etc.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:09:16 AM EDT
[#23]
I know leg cramps are a possible side effect for carnivore, but have any of y’all experienced upper body cramps since starting carnivore?

I was doing tricep extensions yesterday and experienced a cramp so bad I was kind of worried I might have torn my tricep.  I have NEVER had a tricep cramp in my life, much less a severe one.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:25:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
I know leg cramps are a possible side effect for carnivore, but have any of y’all experienced upper body cramps since starting carnivore?

I was doing tricep extensions yesterday and experienced a cramp so bad I was kind of worried I might have torn my tricep.  I have NEVER had a tricep cramp in my life, much less a severe one.
View Quote

Have you done big compound lifts recently?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:28:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Bogdan:

View All Quotes

Also, mind your electrolytes.  If you’re doing a lot of lifting, you may need salt, magnesium, or potassium.

Red meat has all the good shit we need, but let’s be real: we don’t see lions, tigers, and bears (oh my!) going to the gym.  The spend only the energy they need to.  Even on carnivore we need to remember that.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:28:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Are you taking any multi vitamins?

I take a daily multi vitamin just to make sure I get all the things I need.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:12:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: burnprocess] [#27]

View Quote

No.

I do have those beef liver collagen pills; I pop one from time to time.  No real reason, just to try it, I guess.  

I’ve experimented with “carnivore” beef protein shakes.  Definitely not carnivore in the sense of all the shit in it, but it’s also not a bad taste at all.  I don’t recommend it for regular use — to many chemicals and shit.

Beyond that, meat, butter, and eggs. I get an order of beef liver crisps once a month and they are delicious.  Beef liver might actually be the most nutritious food on Earth.  I don’t know.  It’s super dense with nutrients though.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

Negative.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:43:06 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

I take a couple of vegan vitamin supplements (no soy, no wheat, no preservatives, etc). It’s a brand from my local grocery store.  

Here is one of them:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:45:48 PM EDT
[#30]

Also, mind your electrolytes.  If you’re doing a lot of lifting, you may need salt, magnesium, or potassium.

Red meat has all the good shit we need, but let’s be real: we don’t see lions, tigers, and bears (oh my!) going to the gym.  The spend only the energy they need to.  Even on carnivore we need to remember that.
View All Quotes

I have at least one of these a day.

The majority of days, two.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 2:14:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Negative.
View Quote

If you do compound lifts it could affect your other muscles.
You probably want electrolytes like other members have said.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 2:48:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Cramping is often attributed to low Potassium.

You may not be getting enough Potassium.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:11:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Cramping is often attributed to low Potassium.

You may not be getting enough Potassium.

View Quote

Potassium is weird in that it takes a LOT to reach your “daily recommend value.”

For example, my electrolyte supplement has 250mg per serving, but that’s only 6%.  I was looking at some potassium pill supplements, but even ones that are simply potassium only have 100 mg per serving.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:33:39 PM EDT
[#34]

Potassium is weird in that it takes a LOT to reach your “daily recommend value.”

For example, my electrolyte supplement has 250mg per serving, but that’s only 6%.  I was looking at some potassium pill supplements, but even ones that are simply potassium only have 100 mg per serving.
View Quote

Laughs, yeah after I posted that I looked up potassium in meat.  It seems like a lot, at 250-350 mg per 3 ounces, but that still only got 6% of RDV.

When I was in OSUT I got crippling calf cramps.  Drill Sgt saw it one night when I was stumbling round trying to stretch out my calves to go back to sleep.

He made me eat 4 bananas every meal for the next week, then 2 a day after that.

I swear my piss smelled like bananas after the third or fourth day…
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

I have way more energy in the gym now.  Workouts are effortless compared to before.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:06:28 PM EDT
[#36]

Laughs, yeah after I posted that I looked up potassium in meat.  It seems like a lot, at 250-350 mg per 3 ounces, but that still only got 6% of RDV.

When I was in OSUT I got crippling calf cramps.  Drill Sgt saw it one night when I was stumbling round trying to stretch out my calves to go back to sleep.

He made me eat 4 bananas every meal for the next week, then 2 a day after that.

I swear my piss smelled like bananas after the third or fourth day
View Quote

Why not just use no-salt, which is potassium chloride?

Bananas are a meh source of potassium.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:27:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Aerospace_Money:

I have way more energy in the gym now.  Workouts are effortless compared to before.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Aerospace_Money:

The energy is undeniable.  I went from an upper/lower split to a PPL and my God the results are amazing.  Going heavier for more sets plus extra recovery time.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:16:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
@Eitek1

You're not alone. Go back to page 16 post #25 and see what happened to me from pigging out. Its whats kept me from doing it again. Dont like feeling like that. Not worth it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:

@Eitek1

@Boom_Stick

The sad part is, I had previously read your post on page 16. I thought "maybe he's exaggerating" or "maybe it won't happen to me". It did and you didn't exaggerate.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#39]
~250 some odd pounds of beef delivered today! Rural PA  farmer brought down south by my in-laws.

Way cheaper than anything here and no I’m not sharing.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:26:13 PM EDT
[#40]
~250 some odd pounds of beef delivered today! Rural PA  farmer brought down south by my in-laws.

Way cheaper than anything here and no I’m not sharing.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/455820/IMG_6821_jpeg-3191318.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/455820/IMG_6822_jpeg-3191320.JPG
View Quote

Gorgeous.  Enjoy!
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:15:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Anyone ever make steaks out of a chuck roast?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:
View Quote

Yea.  Just cut them to thickness that you desire.  

I used them to make burnt ends.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:29:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Down 29lbs now over the last 6 weeks, just eating less.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:04:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By 20229mm:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 20229mm:

Thanks! I have one in the freezer from our cow and was thinking about cutting it to 1" thick steaks and then dry brining them before grilling like a steak
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:55:45 AM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

Yes, sous vide for 18-24 hours first.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:17:59 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

I dont have the equipment for that.

Next best option?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:24:11 AM EDT
[#47]

Next best option?
View Quote

Strong Jaw
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:42:21 AM EDT
[#48]

Strong Jaw
View All Quotes

Next best option?

Strong Jaw

Can I beat it with a meat tenderizing hammer? Brine it with salt? I got to do something with it
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:01:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#49]

Next best option?
View All Quotes

Next best option?
Yes, you do.  Take a clean dish pan, fill with hot water out of the sink.  Place steak in ziplock, remove most air, dunk in the hot water making sure to keep the ziplock seal out of the water (I use a medium paper binder).  Replace the cooling water with hot water every 30 minutes or so.  No need for 24 hours, an hour before cooking will do it, if the steak is just cold, not frozen.  Frozen might take another hour or so.  Very well worth it.  If I want hotter water, it's easy to change with our tankless water heater.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:21:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Merlin:
Yes, you do.  Take a clean dish pan, fill with hot water out of the sink.  Place steak in ziplock, remove most air, dunk in the hot water making sure to keep the ziplock seal out of the water (I use a medium paper binder).  Replace the cooling water with hot water every 30 minutes or so.  No need for 24 hours, an hour before cooking will do it, if the steak is just cold, not frozen.  Frozen might take another hour or so.  Very well worth it.  If I want hotter water, it's easy to change with our tankless water heater.
View Quote

Really? So do the below steps:

Fill clean dish pan with hot water
Place zip lock bag with steak in it (most air removed, seal out of the water)
Replace water every 30 min with hot water for hour or so before cooking

Thats it? So do it with the steak cold, not room temp like when I prep ribeye? Also, Id assume I can then do my butter and salt mix before grilling it per usual?

I did read that they cook better low and slow. Should I still do that after your process?
Page / 36
Top Top